Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was given some image products to try almost a year ago and ever since ive been completely converted. My skin is completely flawless with it. I can't see myself changing from it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Ok its official I am a highlighter and nude lipstick addict!!!
    Bought one of the new Mac extra dimension skin finish in the shade soft frost. In the pan it looks like a white/silver colour but it reflects lilac.... sounds crazy but gorgeous on the skin, lovely subtle cool tone highlight (Easily built up to crazy purple aswell if thats your thing :) ) Not exactly cheap at 31.50
    I also bought the nude lip bag set frim the Mac Christmas Nutcracker sweet collection even though I swore I wasnt really interested in anything from the collection - famous last words. It contains a small-ish makeup bag, creamsheen lipstick in the shade Magic spell (exclusive to the set), prolongwear lip pencil in the shade In Anticipation and a Vamplify gloss in the shade Tuned in. All are a browny nude shade and the whole lot cost 39 euro which I thought was good value as all are full size, the gloss and pencil are shades from the permanent line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

idunno78 wrote: »
    I got a few things from imAge skincare! Have also gotten 2 facials. Really do notice a difference in my skin it's a lot brighter and clearer! Still have a few teeny lines but the ones under my eyes are starting to improve! Any one else use it and how do ye find it??
    Are there different kind of facials? I've heard good things about Image.. May be time to try as I'm getting married next year! (its a good excuse as any ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Are there different kind of facials? I've heard good things about Image.. May be time to try as I'm getting married next year! (its a good excuse as any ;))

Yea and peels. You have to get them gradually as in you can't get the peels if you haven't had one before or if your not using the products. I've had the o2 one and during the week had the ormedic one. Some places do free consultations so maybe see could you get one of those and see what you think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Got the Kat Von D metal matte palette it should be in store tomorrow! :D (I chose click and collect). Also picked up a nyx lip lingerie in exotic and I love it :) wore it for a short while last night and it felt lovely on, not drying at all!

Soooo excited for the palette to arrive :o

I got it delivered the other day & it is sumptuous!

Just gorgeous.

I have bought another for my daughter's birthday today.

You will LOVE it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Yea and peels. You have to get them gradually as in you can't get the peels if you haven't had one before or if your not using the products. I've had the o2 one and during the week had the ormedic one. Some places do free consultations so maybe see could you get one of those and see what you think?!

Awesome thank you :) bright beautiful skin here I come ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

fifi28 wrote: »
    Ok its official I am a highlighter and nude lipstick addict!!!
    Bought one of the new Mac extra dimension skin finish in the shade soft frost. In the pan it looks like a white/silver colour but it reflects lilac.... sounds crazy but gorgeous on the skin, lovely subtle cool tone highlight (Easily built up to crazy purple aswell if thats your thing :) ) Not exactly cheap at 31.50
    I also bought the nude lip bag set frim the Mac Christmas Nutcracker sweet collection even though I swore I wasnt really interested in anything from the collection - famous last words. It contains a small-ish makeup bag, creamsheen lipstick in the shade Magic spell (exclusive to the set), prolongwear lip pencil in the shade In Anticipation and a Vamplify gloss in the shade Tuned in. All are a browny nude shade and the whole lot cost 39 euro which I thought was good value as all are full size, the gloss and pencil are shades from the permanent line.

Snap! I also bought the nude lip kit which I was going to give to my sister for Xmas but is now staying with me!
    I did a huge order from mac UK to take advantage of sterling rate. It was mostly replacements of things I'd run out of. I got the new goldlite strobe cream and it suits my skin tone more than the original. As if I wasn't shiny enough I also got the extra dimension in Beaming Blush and Double Gleam. The first one is my fave as it's pinky/gold and just really suits me. I was never one for highlighters but obv my look this season is going to be tin man.

Scraggs wrote: »
    Snap! I also bought the nude lip kit which I was going to give to my sister for Xmas but is now staying with me!
    I did a huge order from mac UK to take advantage of sterling rate. It was mostly replacements of things I'd run out of. I got the new goldlite strobe cream and it suits my skin tone more than the original. As if I wasn't shiny enough I also got the extra dimension in Beaming Blush and Double Gleam. The first one is my fave as it's pinky/gold and just really suits me. I was never one for highlighters but obv my look this season is going to be tin man.

Im loving the nude lip bag! Its nude but kinda nice and dark for this time of year! Yep Im with you on the highlighters - I never used to really wear any but its a staple now. I actually went in to look at beaming blush but when I swatched it it just came up very gold and very similar to the gold one I got from last years Christmas range, think its called oh darling. I also grabbed a mini original strobe cream - Ive used it in the past but wasnt blown away but its just coz I wasnt using it properly. Did you use parcel motel to order direct from uk? I was going to order from them but it said on their site no po boxes or international delivery so wasnt sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I use Parcel Wizard for my MAC orders from their UK website, never had an issue.

I use Parcel Wizard for my MAC orders from their UK website, never had an issue.

Thanks, Will try that next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Debenhams UK also stocks Mac and you can use Parcel Wizard/Motel with them :)

Debenhams UK also stocks Mac and you can use Parcel Wizard/Motel with them :)
    I've used them also and some of my orders were cancelled so they must've flagged the address as a PO Box, some orders got through but not many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I've used them also and some of my orders were cancelled so they must've flagged the address as a PO Box, some orders got through but not many.

Oh my god no way?! Good to know, I was planning to order a few bits for Xmas pressies this week. I've ordered before and everything arrived but it's not worth the risk/annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

keredern wrote: »
    I got it delivered the other day & it is sumptuous!

Just gorgeous.

I have bought another for my daughter's birthday today.

You will LOVE it!

Just collected it I am IN LOVE :)

Oh my god no way?! Good to know, I was planning to order a few bits for Xmas pressies this week. I've ordered before and everything arrived but it's not worth the risk/annoyance.
    Yeah, out of about eight orders, three got through, so not really worth it unless its something that cannot get anywhere else, you could be lucky and your order will get through but just in case it doesn't, have a back-up plan or somewhere else you can order from should you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Finally got my hands on the Morphe 35O palette! Can't wait to play with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Finally got my hands on the Morphe 35O palette! Can't wait to play with it!

Where did you get it ? Mad to try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Anyone have a good pencil sharpener they could recommend. Need to get one but want a decent one that won't feic up my lipliners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

sadie1502 wrote: »
    Where did you get it ? Mad to try it out

Got lucky on Cult Beauty! Sign up to be alerted when it comes back into stock if you haven't already!

Anyone have a good pencil sharpener they could recommend. Need to get one but want a decent one that won't feic up my lipliners!!
    I have this one and its fantastic, doesn't make shíte of my lip and eye liners like some other sharpeners have done.

http://www.shuuemura.co.uk/accessories/other-accessories/sharpener-(double)

I bought mine from House of Fraser about three years ago and it is still going strong. I like that its a double so you can do the thick and thin pencils with it.

On the subject of sharpeners - anyone know how to sharpen the chubby/big Rimmel scandal eye pencils? I've yet to find a sharpener for them, if they can be sharpened that it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I ordered the buff and blend pretty in pink set there last week when it was 48. Used the brushes for the first time last night and I was really impressed.
    The face brushes were lovely with the exception of the powder brush, I find that type of brush just takes off my foundation, I prefer a much softer one, like the Mac 150. The eye brushes were really good too, with the standout being the blending brush. It's unreal, definitely on a par with the mac 217. Overall I was really happy with them and seriously good value for money!'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

My OH just bought me the M&S advent calender, I'm SOOOO excited!! It's going to be an early birthday present, love the fact I get to spread the gift over the whole month. I've never bothered with an adult one before but there seems to be serious value in this one!

Has anyone else indulged in an advent calender this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

GingerLily wrote: »
    My OH just bought me the M&S advent calender, I'm SOOOO excited!! It's going to be an early birthday present, love the fact I get to spread the gift over the whole month. I've never bothered with an adult one before but there seems to be serious value in this one!

Has anyone else indulged in an advent calender this year?

Yep..... it's there taunting me, convincing me not to wait until Dec. 1st and to open all the boxes in one go!

juke wrote: »
    Yep..... it's there taunting me, convincing me not to wait until Dec. 1st and to open all the boxes in one go!

Are you an M&S one too??

I'm my even allowed see it; he doesn't trust me........he's smart :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

GingerLily wrote: »
    Are you an M&S one too??

I'm my even allowed see it; he doesn't trust me........he's smart :p

Yes - the M&S one - it appealed to me because it covers such a range of brands.

I'm trying to come up with plausible arguments to justify opening it sooner. :D

juke wrote: »
    Yes - the M&S one - it appealed to me because it covers such a range of brands.

I'm trying to come up with plausible arguments to justify opening it sooner. :D

I'm going to try and be good! Its going to be torture though, at least I'll want to get up every morning :)

M&S had the best variety of any of the boxes I saw, there are loads of brands that I have heard of but not used so a great way to try this out :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Apologies in advance - It's gonna be a loooooong post - I went mad last month in Dublin buying stuff I can't get down the country!
    • NYX microbrow pencil - shade Taupe - like this pencil, it's not soft like my usual pencil so it should last a while.
    • NYX pore filler primer - have only used a couple of times - not mad about it - it's a funny texture, it doesn't really stick to the skin, the amount of times it's fallen off my finger before I've applied it to my face and when I do get it to my face I have to press it on or it will fall off my face!
    • NYX matte lips creams. Prague - got home and realised I already had it. Ibiza - haven't opened it yet. Stockholm - now I quite like this one!
    • NYX lip lingerie. Shade Exotic - love this! The colour is fab and it wears really well. I like how it doesn't go hard or flakey, it wears off evenly. Also got the shade Lace Detail, I haven't opened it yet but I have a feeling it's going to wash me out.
    • There is no Inglot anywhere I live so I really wanted something from there. But I didn't know what I wanted! The poor girl didn't know what to say or recommend - I just landed up and said what would you recommend! So I got the following 4 shadows: 463 Beige with a bit of gold in it, 302 a dark matte mahogany brown for the What a Spice collection, 608 a warm light brown with a little shimmer (reminds me of UD Riff), and 55 kinda cranberry. To be honest I haven't used it a much as I thought I would. I had hoped that I would have a palette that would be my go-to and make all the others redundant and I wouldn't have to give eye shadow a second thought in the morning. But really the only shade I've used is 608. But I have the say the quality is great, little or no fall out, great pigmentation and staying power on the lids. I have used it a bit since buying it last month and I've barely made a dent in it.
    • The Balm Meet Matte Hughes mini set. My sister so kindly bought this for me for my birthday last month. I have 3 full sized one's already but I think two of them aren't in this set. They are so cute and dinky and perfect for popping in your handbag and a great way to try out the shades. I like the all colours except Doting. But I've found with the Balm liquid lipsticks is that they can go hard and flakey on the lip, the colour and staying power is good but the eventual wear off not so much.
    • Lastly, I treated myself to the Anastasia Beverley Hills modern Renaissance palette when it came into stock on Cult Beauty at the start of the month. Now it looks fab but I think I'm a bit overwhelmed with it. I'm not a MUA so I'm not really sure what shades go best. I followed a tutorial The Rebel Lipstick filmed with this palette for a daytime look and have just stuck with that for the moment. The shadows I'm a little disappointed with - there is a bit of fall out when you touch the pan with the brush and also when you apply the brush to the eyelid. I was surprised at this cos there is very little fall out from other shadows I've used (Inglot, Blank Canvas Masters & Pippa). However the pigmentation is good, you only need a tiny bit of product.
    And that is it!! Fair play if you managed to read through all that!! And I have to stop buying make up - seriously I only have one face!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Was tempted by the M&S one but holding out to see what else is around, haven't checked out the MAC christmas stuff yet or other brands. Can you buy Kat Von D stuff here (Dublin) or is it only online??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I also have the M&S one :D Can't wait to start opening it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Been using the catrice hd foundation for the past week. and I'm pretty darn impressed.

Medium coverage to full with two coats. And feels very light on the skin.

Get a good 9 hours before it starts to break down.

A steal at €7.60 a bottle!

Advertisement