Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I got the Look Fantastic advent calendar it's huge and I'm so excited to open it every day! I kind of want another one I thought the M&S one was sold out???

Also on the pencil sharpener topic (sorry I can't seem to multi quote on app) I can't rate the UD Grindhouse enough it's the best I've used IMO x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I got the Look Fantastic advent calendar it's huge and I'm so excited to open it every day! I kind of want another one I thought the M&S one was sold out???

Also on the pencil sharpener topic (sorry I can't seem to multi quote on app) I can't rate the UD Grindhouse enough it's the best I've used IMO x

There were LOADS in store today, I think they've just limited their online stock

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

La.de.da wrote: »
    Been using the catrice hd foundation for the past week. and I'm pretty darn impressed.

Medium coverage to full with two coats. And feels very light on the skin.

Get a good 9 hours before it starts to break down.

A steal at €7.60 a bottle!

It's brilliant! Becareful with bottle though! Dropped mine and it smashed! Have dropped others before and they just chipped but this smashed! Fab foundation better then lots of others I've tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

La.de.da wrote: »
    Been using the catrice hd foundation for the past week. and I'm pretty darn impressed.

Medium coverage to full with two coats. And feels very light on the skin.

Get a good 9 hours before it starts to break down.

A steal at €7.60 a bottle!

Agreed with this. Love this foundation. It's not heavy coverage but it leaves a lovely finish on the skin. And it feels so silky soft. Bought it when it first came into stock, and it was restocked in my local Penneys recently and I had to buy a back up.
    +1 with what idunno78 said, becarful with the glass bottle and I would add make sure to secure the dropper properly after each application, I've nearly spilled it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I have a previous catrice foundation and i LOVE it! Must try this one! (Also must stop buying foundation...... as a previous poster said, I do forget I only have one face! haha)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ooooh I am actually in need of a new foundation, my urban decay is empty and am waiting til I'm in the duty free next month to replace it :pac:

Would ye recommend this catrice one for a ghostly pale gal? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ooooh I am actually in need of a new foundation, my urban decay is empty and am waiting til I'm in the duty free next month to replace it :pac:

Would ye recommend this catrice one for a ghostly pale gal? :D

Yep it's very good. I'm 1.0 in the new urban decay, my daughter is 0.5 and we both wear it in the palest shade.
    Yes we are like ghosts :D

The 001 shade is pretty much like mac NC15! Yhe 020 is more pink toned and darker. Course the one I broke is the 010 that suits me perfect! Bought the 020 first thinking it was ok but wasn't as got darker throughout day! Have to many to buy another!

I actually got 2 stila ones from the states I wanted to try and were on sale so chanced the lightest shades they had but way to dark! (My aunt bought them over so couldn't sample) But tries mixing with my moisturiser and they look great! Handy when I can't be arsed with makeup but need it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Re the M&S Advent Calendar, I opened mine and it is fab. If you are unfamiliar with the products, some are carried by QVC UK so check out their website and videos for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ended up in Mac yesterday and came away with a bottle of studio fix fluid in NW10. Cannot believe that I thought NC15 was a good match for me, ha. NW10 is perfect I'm delighted. I had it put on me in there, think it was around 10, half 10, and it was still pretty much perfect a good eight hours later, and I hadn't used setting spray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

Is Covergirl makeup available anywhere in Ireland or NI? Been hearing great reviews on their Supersizer mascara but I dont know if you can get it here. Im almost certain Covergirl was available here years ago but unsure whether its still available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Is Covergirl makeup available anywhere in Ireland or NI? Been hearing great reviews on their Supersizer mascara but I dont know if you can get it here. Im almost certain Covergirl was available here years ago but unsure whether its still available

No, not available in Ireland however it is a sister company of Max Factor and a lot of their products are very similar just different packaging especially the foundations and mascaras.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Covergirl is Max Factor here and as far as I'm aware their Supersizer mascara is Max Factors Masterpiece Transform mascara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

You know the Pixi Glow Peel Pads, been using them a couple weeks now, I've just noticed it says to rinse with cold water 2-3 mins after application. Is this ideal? I've been using them and leaving it without rinsing over night. What do you girls do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I know I'm late to the party but I ordered the Manizer Sisters from TheBalm when Asos had a beauty offer on a few weeks back. Accidentally got it delivered to my parents house so only collected it at the weekend, but really impressed so fay, especially with the original MaryLoumanizer :) Product is shimmery but won't leave you looking silly and applies really easily.

I actually did my whole face this morning using just the palette, my foundation and a small bit of liner. I used Cindy as my base eyeshaddow with Betty in the crease. I also did a tiny bit of very subtle shading on my face. Really healthy look overall, and a very versatile product to bring with you if you were traveling light and needed products to multitask.

PopTarts wrote: »
    You know the Pixi Glow Peel Pads, been using them a couple weeks now, I've just noticed it says to rinse with cold water 2-3 mins after application. Is this ideal? I've been using them and leaving it without rinsing over night. What do you girls do?

I always rinse mine, it's a 20% solution if glycolic acid so I really don't like to take chances, nothing you can do about it now except wear extra SPF for the next while :(

I only use then once a week and the glow tonic twice a day except the evening and next morning in use the peel pads.

I forgot to use the peel pads last night though, it's my Sunday night ritual usually....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Don't know if it's of interest to anyone but Boots Black Friday offer at the moment is a Real Techniques brush and sponge set that's apparently reduced by €90 (was €140, now €50)
    I saw the offer on Facebook and can't find it by searching Boots.ie (the website is a nightmare because of the Black Friday offers) so here's the direct link from Fb http://www.boots.ie/en/Real-Techniques-Mega-Set_1894642/

dee_mc wrote: »
    Don't know if it's of interest to anyone but Boots Black Friday offer at the moment is a Real Techniques brush and sponge set that's apparently reduced by €90 (was €140, now €50)
    I saw the offer on Facebook and can't find it by searching Boots.ie (the website is a nightmare because of the Black Friday offers) so here's the direct link from Fb http://www.boots.ie/en/Real-Techniques-Mega-Set_1894642/

Great value at 50e, but no one is ever going to pay 140e for that set surely? It'll probably be available for that crazy price after the event and just wait till the January sales to get reduced again I guess.

GingerLily wrote: »
    Great value at 50e, but no one is ever going to pay 140e for that set surely? It'll probably be available for that crazy price after the event and just wait till the January sales to get reduced again I guess.

That's why I said 'apparently'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

GingerLily wrote: »

Agreed, there's no way it's worth €140.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123010026899_-1

Black Friday deal this week in Debenhams

Estée Lauder Night Time Experts limited edition skincare set only €32

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Does anyone use the Essence eye lid primer? I've used it for a good while and had to repurchase as I had actually finished a tube. My new one seems to be much darker, and this morning I noticed that it creased on me. Now it's hardly gonna break the bank but I found it to be a handy little product. Bit disappointed in my new one.
    http://www.essence.eu/ie/products/eyes/i-love/e/product/i-love-stage-eyeshadow-base/

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Essence eye lid primer? I've used it for a good while and had to repurchase as I had actually finished a tube. My new one seems to be much darker, and this morning I noticed that it creased on me. Now it's hardly gonna break the bank but I found it to be a handy little product. Bit disappointed in my new one.
    http://www.essence.eu/ie/products/eyes/i-love/e/product/i-love-stage-eyeshadow-base/

I use it, that's a bit worrying! Maybe you got a bad one have you tried popping in and swatching another one?
    As well as an eyeshadow base I use it as a primer for across the bridge of my nose to keep the foundation from melting under my glasses. Once it's set with powder it doesn't shift....I'll be heartbroken if they've changed the formula!!

Thanks notjustsweet, I'm going to try that primer trick right now, I hate the way my glasses make my makeup wear off on that area!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Thanks notjustsweet, I'm going to try that primer trick right now, I hate the way my glasses make my makeup wear off on that area!

Use lots of powder to set it and it will be perfect, just reapply now and then to top it up.

Non glasses wearers don't understand our troubles ;)

Girls that got the Huda Beauty palette how are ye finding it?? It's back in stock Friday and I'm thinking of getting for a Xmas present? (For me and for a friend!!!)

Use lots of powder to set it and it will be perfect, just reapply now and then to top it up.

I know I won't keep up the powder applications but I'm impressed by how this has minimised the damage - cheers again for the tip!

I've been finding my makeup looks very cakey and heavy lately (I use double wear) and as I find it hard to find the right shade and finish in other foundations I decided to try Wayne Goss' tip of adding a single drop of oil to thin it slightly. It works really well - I'm using organic rosehip oil (because it was the only one I could find that had a dropper) and it makes the finish ever so slightly more sheer, with no caking (is that a word?). I add a tiny amount of translucent powder with a big fluffy brush because it's that bit too dewy for me without piwder. Only trouble is, by the end of the day my mascara smudges a bit under the eyes, but I can live with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Adding rosehip oil to my moisturiser these days has been a life saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

idunno78 wrote: »
    Girls that got the Huda Beauty palette how are ye finding it?? It's back in stock Friday and I'm thinking of getting for a Xmas present? (For me and for a friend!!!)

I like it... I don't love it. The glitters are really good but you have to apply them with your finger rather than a brush, they're sort of a creamy texture but dry at the same time, it's really hard to describe!!
    For the money, I would have expected it to be packaged better, it's just cardboard and there's no mirror or anything. I suppose it just depends what you're looking for, without the glitters it wouldn't be anything too special. The reviews are really mixed so far as well.

Her liquid matte lipsticks are stunning though and they wear really, really well.

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    I like it... I don't love it. The glitters are really good but you have to apply them with your finger rather than a brush, they're sort of a creamy texture but dry at the same time, it's really hard to describe!!
    For the money, I would have expected it to be packaged better, it's just cardboard and there's no mirror or anything. I suppose it just depends what you're looking for, without the glitters it wouldn't be anything too special. The reviews are really mixed so far as well.

Her liquid matte lipsticks are stunning though and they wear really, really well.

Thank you! Was actually the glitters that drew me in!!! They look glittery without being over the top?is that the case? Yes saw this morning she is releasing a set of her liquid lipsticks, I'm sure it be crazy expensive!!

Advertisement