Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

idunno78 wrote: »
    Thank you! Was actually the glitters that drew me in!!! They look glittery without being over the top?is that the case? Yes saw this morning she is releasing a set of her liquid lipsticks, I'm sure it be crazy expensive!!

Yeah the glitters aren't too crazy looking but they are really pigmented. They do tend to crease a little bit but it's not that noticeable.

The vault is 260 dollars... think I'll just stick to buying them individually :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

LizT wrote: »
    Yeah the glitters aren't too crazy looking but they are really pigmented. They do tend to crease a little bit but it's not that noticeable.

The vault is 260 dollars... think I'll just stick to buying them individually :pac:

Thank you! That's the kind I want not childish glitter!! But tongoce a decent sparkle!! Yea I think that can stay where it is!!!! I got the NYX lip vault so I'm save enough I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

An update on the use of eyeshadow primer to prevent makeup wearing off at the bridge of the nose because of glasses - it works like a charm wit the Inglot eye primer! The rest of my makeup looks shocking at this stage to be honest, maybe I used too much of the rosehip oil or something, veeeery patchy now. Maybe a touch more powder to finish next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Prob gross but does anyone else have flaky skin around their nostrils? (So attractive I know) How do you get rid of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

anna080 wrote: »
    Prob gross but does anyone else have flaky skin around their nostrils? (So attractive I know) How do you get rid of it?

I feel ypur pain!! I had this problem last week when I was dying with a cold, so annoying it looked like I had a gross snotty nose! I used La Roche Posay cicaplast balm before bed as I had it handy and it worked really well. I imagine a rich moisturiser or an oil applied regularly would help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Not yet this year thankfully, but I have done in the past. Literally it would be like a flake of skin would come off after a few hours, the size of my baby finger nail. The skin underneath would then of course be bright red, which looks great!

I'd just try to exfoliate and moisturise really well, then bring a small concealer with me to work so I could touch up. Its only happened to me on two particular winters, but each time once it started, it continued until Spring. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Vaseline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm using a F.A.B. repair balm at the moment which helps but I don't think anything ever beats EA 8 hour cream, that stuff I'd the bomb for cracked and flaked skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ah yes it's not just me so. And I haven't even got a cold or runny nose yet and my nose is flaking, I think it's the indoor heating affecting it. I tend to put an extra bit of primer on my nose but my foundation is still gone patchy come lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ya no cold or anything associated with it, have just this on its own. Makes my make up look awful around there and cakes in the dry spots. Have been using Vaseline but will try the La Roche stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Scraggs wrote: »
    I feel ypur pain!! I had this problem last week when I was dying with a cold, so annoying it looked like I had a gross snotty nose! I used La Roche Posay cicaplast balm before bed as I had it handy and it worked really well. I imagine a rich moisturiser or an oil applied regularly would help.

I have (and have in the past) the same issue and the EA eight hour cream (even the hand EA 8hr cream is good for it lol) and the LRP Circaplast balm is fantastic, I'd try the LRP one first as its a lot cheaper.

For getting rid of the flakes immediately I used an exfoliation glove and gently exfoliate the area with either face wash or plain water and then make sure to use plenty of moisturiser or an oil on the area or something, the area will be red for a while afterwards so that's normal.

I do not recommend doing that though unless you have an important event or something where you absolutely need to look 100% immaculate because exfiolating like that can be harsh on the skin and you don't want to cause damage with long term use of this method.

Realistically I would use a facial scrub gently on the area and moisturise really well, this will remove the flakes but the area won't look as smooth as it would with an exfoliation glove.

3 for 2 on the entire 8 hour range in Boots for Black Friday, spotted it today. Including the unscented version, for those who aren't a fan of the fragrance. The lip balm is lovely too, although I just use a dab of the regular cream now that the balm has run out.
    I got 2 full size (50ml) tubes of it for €14 in a Lloyds pharmacy this time last year: told someone about the offer and they went to buy some only to be told they don't stock it! Delighted with my bargain I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I know I'm late to the party but I ordered the Manizer Sisters from TheBalm when Asos had a beauty offer on a few weeks back. Accidentally got it delivered to my parents house so only collected it at the weekend, but really impressed so fay, especially with the original MaryLoumanizer :) Product is shimmery but won't leave you looking silly and applies really easily.

I actually did my whole face this morning using just the palette, my foundation and a small bit of liner. I used Cindy as my base eyeshaddow with Betty in the crease. I also did a tiny bit of very subtle shading on my face. Really healthy look overall, and a very versatile product to bring with you if you were traveling light and needed products to multitask.

Would a pale redhead get use out of this, do you think? tempted to order it as there's 20% off cloud 10 beauty at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Would a pale redhead get use out of this, do you think? tempted to order it as there's 20% off cloud 10 beauty at the moment

Yeah I would think so - the colours are all quite soft when applied IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

Hi can anyone recommend anything for ingrown hair around the bikini area. I was using one from skin doctors and while I found it good, I'm wondering if there are better products out there.

My make up drawers are full to capacity and if I want to buy any more make up guilt free I'm gonna need to make some room. So I said I would try and use up a few products that are nearly empty.

One of those was the Catrice All Matt Plus foundation. I had used it during the summer. Then I got the Catrice Nude Illusion foundation - which is grand, nothing to write home about but does the job for work. And I had forgotten all about All Matt Plus. But I resurrected the bottle last week and by this morning I was scrapping out the bottom of the glass! Forgot how good this was. Want to buy a new bottle but no I will use up the Nude Illusion first!

Well my GHD isn't heating properly (bought in 2012, it had a good innings I suppose) so I picked up this during the week http://www.boots.ie/en/Remington-S8700-PROtect-Straightener_1710964/, it has a reservoir for water for some reason, must read the instructions at some point but I understand that it's supposed to somehow protect your hair, lovely. Tried it this morning - blowdried with L'Oreal Creme de Mousse http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-styling/mousse/elnett-creme-de-mousse-volume, then used this stuff http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-styling/styling-spray/elnett-heat-protect-spray-intense-straight before straightening. Got the 2 Elnett products for €14 in Boots. I'm impressed by the whole combo, great volume and the straighteners performed well. I like that you can vary the heat - I set mine to 190 degrees and it did a good job. My hair runs to fuzz and static very easily so today I chatted to the assistant in Boots and she recommended this finishing creme for the ends http://www.boots.ie/en/John-Frieda-Frizz-Ease-Secret-Agent-Touch-Up-Creme-100ml_5626/ haven't tried it yet but hopefully it'll do the trick. I haven't done anything with my hair in a long time because it generally takes ages to make it do anything, but I was done in less than 15 minutes today so maybe the tide has turned!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

dee_mc wrote: »
    Well my GHD isn't heating properly (bought in 2012, it had a good innings I suppose) so I picked up this during the week http://www.boots.ie/en/Remington-S8700-PROtect-Straightener_1710964/, it has a reservoir for water for some reason, must read the instructions at some point but I understand that it's supposed to somehow protect your hair, lovely. Tried it this morning - blowdried with L'Oreal Creme de Mousse http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-styling/mousse/elnett-creme-de-mousse-volume, then used this stuff http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-styling/styling-spray/elnett-heat-protect-spray-intense-straight before straightening. Got the 2 Elnett products for €14 in Boots. I'm impressed by the whole combo, great volume and the straighteners performed well. I like that you can vary the heat - I set mine to 190 degrees and it did a good job. My hair runs to fuzz and static very easily so today I chatted to the assistant in Boots and she recommended this finishing creme for the ends http://www.boots.ie/en/John-Frieda-Frizz-Ease-Secret-Agent-Touch-Up-Creme-100ml_5626/ haven't tried it yet but hopefully it'll do the trick. I haven't done anything with my hair in a long time because it generally takes ages to make it do anything, but I was done in less than 15 minutes today so maybe the tide has turned!

I bought that exact straightener in august after my ghd died and Im only disappointed that I didnt buy it sooner. The water reservoir is so u can add steam to the straightening process much like the steam pod. I too also only paid €45 which I was delighted with as I was in no position to go spending over €100 for another ghd.

Great to hear a positive review! I researched several online on seeing special offers in a couple of shops on Wednesday when I was shopping, couldn't find even one that had good reviews, so I took a chance on that one. Must try out the steam function, how often does it need to be refilled?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Great to hear a positive review! I researched several online on seeing special offers in a couple of shops on Wednesday when I was shopping, couldn't find even one that had good reviews, so I took a chance on that one. Must try out the steam function, how often does it need to be refilled?

Not too often, my hair is down past my shoulders and id say after every 7/8 uses i wud need to refill maybe even less often. If you set your temp to say 190 before turning the steam function on it will automatically switch the temp to 170 so just set your temp again after you switch it on ;-)

Edited to add I used to think the ghd left my hair straight and soft but since using this the condition of my hair is much improved and its so soft, doesnt take as long to straighten my hair either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Hi can anyone recommend anything for ingrown hair around the bikini area. I was using one from skin doctors and while I found it good, I'm wondering if there are better products out there.

have you tried the waxperts pads? They are meant to be really good.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Essence eye lid primer? I've used it for a good while and had to repurchase as I had actually finished a tube. My new one seems to be much darker, and this morning I noticed that it creased on me. Now it's hardly gonna break the bank but I found it to be a handy little product. Bit disappointed in my new one.
    http://www.essence.eu/ie/products/eyes/i-love/e/product/i-love-stage-eyeshadow-base/

Ok can anyone recommend an eye shadow primer?

Went into Penneys last week and they had no Essence primers at all. There wasn't even a space on the stand so not sure if they are even stocking them anymore.
    Anyway still not happy with the primer. Went one day without it and eye shadow didn't last. Put it on this morning and it's just too dark and has an orange tinge to it. Just checked my eye make up there now and it seems to have disappeared from my lids taking with it an inglot eyeshadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Ok can anyone recommend an eye shadow primer?

Went into Penneys last week and they had no Essence primers at all. There wasn't even a space on the stand so not sure if they are even stocking them anymore.
    Anyway still not happy with the primer. Went one day without it and eye shadow didn't last. Put it on this morning and it's just too dark and has an orange tinge to it. Just checked my eye make up there now and it seems to have disappeared from my lids taking with it an inglot eyeshadow.

I like Urban Decay Primer Potion, nothing fancy but it definitely works;

http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123932029299_-1

They sell a travel size which is more than enough IMO.

I like the Inglot one - it's €20 which is cheeky enough but it lasts ages and does the job perfectly.

Thanks for your suggestions on the eye primer. However we are deprived of Debenhams and Inglot where I live and it's not really worthwhile to order it online with delivery costs. Any sugggestions for a drugstore eye primer?

Thanks for your suggestions on the eye primer. However we are deprived of Debenhams and Inglot where I live and it's not really worthwhile to order it online with delivery costs. Any sugggestions for a drugstore eye primer?

The catrice prime and fine eye primer is fantastic in my opinion. I was an avid user of the urban decay primer potion but was delighted to find this as its a fraction of the cost at about €5 in pennys! Its the one in the small glass tube with black lid

fifi28 wrote: »
    The catrice prime and fine eye primer is fantastic in my opinion. I was an avid user of the urban decay primer potion but was delighted to find this as its a fraction of the cost at about €5 in pennys! Its the one in the small glass tube with black lid
    Oh thanks I seen it last day in was in town. I'm a big fan of Catrice.

Oh thanks I seen it last day in was in town. I'm a big fan of Catrice.

Its definitely one of the best bargains ive tried - and I usually always go for the big brand name stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

ams wrote: »
    have you tried the waxperts pads? They are meant to be really good.

I actually ordered these over the weekend. Thanks though. Hopefully they will be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I see Sephora pop up a good bit so thought i'd ask here!

I'm trying to purchase a Sephora gift voucher for a work colleague in Boston who helped me out with something recently-is it possible to purchase a giftcard using an Irish credit card?? or does it have to be from a US/Canada address?

Thanks!

Advertisement