Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I see Sephora pop up a good bit so thought i'd ask here!

I'm trying to purchase a Sephora gift voucher for a work colleague in Boston who helped me out with something recently-is it possible to purchase a giftcard using an Irish credit card?? or does it have to be from a US/Canada address?

Thanks!

Not sure some sites let you and some don't. Haven't used Sephora for it used Target last night and it worked perfect! Try it and it won't go through if they don't accept it! (I tried using ulta beauty a few weeks back and they don't accept Irish cards). Sorry not more helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks for the reply- I did try it this morning and then the options for the sender were USA or Canada so using my card I put in my brothers US address but the credit card and user address didn't match! Just wondering was there another way around it. Thanks anyway.
    (Option 2 is to just ask my brother to buy it and I pay him back!)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Thanks for the reply- I did try it this morning and then the options for the sender were USA or Canada so using my card I put in my brothers US address but the credit card and user address didn't match! Just wondering was there another way around it. Thanks anyway.
    (Option 2 is to just ask my brother to buy it and I pay him back!)

Maybe do they accept PayPal? Could try that? Or handiest get your brother to do it! Does he have a wife or GF they may have account and be able get points so they might not mind!!

Good thinking-I'll check with my sister in law so and see would she mind, if she earns points then everyone is a winner :P thanks!

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I see Sephora pop up a good bit so thought i'd ask here!

I'm trying to purchase a Sephora gift voucher for a work colleague in Boston who helped me out with something recently-is it possible to purchase a giftcard using an Irish credit card?? or does it have to be from a US/Canada address?

Thanks!

Just in case anyone wishes to treat someone in the States or elsewhere to a Sephora giftcard I tried Paypal and that worked no bother:)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

http://www.boots.ie/en/John-Frieda-Frizz-Ease-Secret-Agent-Touch-Up-Creme-100ml_5626/
    I mentioned this stuff on thread during the week; tried it today and it's a great product, highly recommended. It didn't leave my hair crispy or greasy (the two ends of the annoying side effects scale!), and a pea-sized amount is plenty to keep ends fuzz-free and tame after straightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Really rate the new Loreal clay detox mask. I find it better than Glam Glow and got it for €9 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

NYX lip cremes. I love their colours and texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

anna080 wrote: »
    Really rate the new Loreal clay detox mask. I find it better than Glam Glow and got it for €9 in Tesco
    Ooh been wondering about it! I've heard the Penneys Glow is a pretty good dupe for the Glam Glow aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I've been using the L'Oréal clay mask as well. There are three different types but I've been using the detox one and I think it's fab. Really impressed for the price! Also I like scaring the OH when I have it on :)

• Advertisement

I've been using the L'Oréal clay mask as well. There are three different types but I've been using the detox one and I think it's fab. Really impressed for the price! Also I like scaring the OH when I have it on :)

My dog went crazy when I had it on!

I see Pippa and Cloud 10 have collaborated for an advent calander full of her favourite picks from the site. Will anyone be getting it? €65

My dog went crazy when I had it on!
    Not gona lie, I went downstairs to find my dog when I was last wearing a face mask to see his reaction.. He barely blinked, he's obviously smarter than me :D

Dunno why that posted twice :wassat:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I've been using Bare Minerals Bare Pro foundation for the past 4 weeks and am finding it great for everyday wear. As a solid powder compact it's also more handbag friendly than their loose powder foundation. I still prefer how the loose powder foundation looks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I see Pippa and Cloud 10 have collaborated for an advent calander full of her favourite picks from the site. Will anyone be getting it? €65

Advents already started - bit late for that no?

I have the M&S one, day 1 is a decent size Neal Yards hand cream - delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

GingerLily wrote: »
    Advents already started - bit late for that no?

I wonder has it only gone up now to avoid the 20% off black Friday weekend. I'm interested I have to admit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I wonder has it only gone up now to avoid the 20% off black Friday weekend. I'm interested I have to admit!

Oh it's a 12 days of Christmas pre order. It looks good ....I want it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Oh it's a 12 days of Christmas pre order. It looks good ....I want it :D

Oh that makes sense! Lol

Oops I meant 12 days of Xmas silly me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Ooh been wondering about it! I've heard the Penneys Glow is a pretty good dupe for the Glam Glow aswell!

Have Penneys a glow mask or similar mask?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Have Penneys a glow mask or similar mask?

Yeah its in a silver and peachy colour box, cant remember the price.. less than a fiver anyways :) I've used it and i like it, it doesn't dry in like i've seen the glam glow does (ive never tried glamglow) but a blogger I follow says its quite similar! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Can anyone recommend cream for mature skin. (I'm not that old) I use EA 8 hour cream but not daily. Something that would suit this weather too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I am loving my too faced palette, I am using the sweet peach. I'm not in full makeup these days, so I'm keeping my makeup very light but am seriously impressed with this palette.

Loving the nude lipstick from pennies too - dare to bare. So subtle.

Have switched my hand creme from dove to Essie mani mani mani. The dove just wasn't hydrating enough so we'll see how the Essie goes.

Taking a break from my coco brown shampoo and conditioner so am on the look out for a new shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

It's called "PS love to glow moisturiser" the peach and silvery box. Costs about €4.50 and I wear it all the time. Absolutely love it and it doesn't dry in too quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Saw lots of Hype about L'Oréal Pro Glow infallible foundation. I generally love L'Oréal foundations, and true match will always be my go to, but I can't abide Pro Glow. It has mo business with greasy skin. Even with primer and setting spray it's literally running away from my t-zone after 2-3 hours. I HATE it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I bought the Marks and Spencer advent calender last year and it's funny how many products are similar to Pippa's, except the Marks was 35 euro.
    This year the calendar from Mark's is 40---and you have to SPEND 40 first to be able to get it at all. Grrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Taking a break from my coco brown shampoo and conditioner so am on the look out for a new shampoo.

This is a bit of a random one, but I recently got Hask Shampoos in a goody bag from an event I was at and I was seriously impressed. They're sold in Penneys for €4.50 per bottle and I've now tried both the Argon oil and Manoi oil versions. Probably on the expensive side for Penneys (€9 for a Shampoo and Conditioner) but I found them really good and have bought them since I ran out of the free stuff.

Alice1 wrote: »
    It's called "PS love to glow moisturiser" the peach and silvery box. Costs about €4.50 and I wear it all the time. Absolutely love it and it doesn't dry in too quickly.
    The mask is the same name actually! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Could anyone recommend a hair product to tame fly away hairs.

My hair is quite fine and gets greasy very quickly so something light weight. Been using uniq1 from revlon but it's too heavy.

Advertisement