Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I bought this mascara the other day and I have to say I'm impressed! I've tried so many brands of mascaras from the cheap versions to the expensive and for me this is my new favourite. Volumised and lengthened lashes just as it promised it would :D;)

2_10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

kandr10 wrote: »
    Wow - can't wait to try this out! I love the benefit cream shadows but they're way too dear. Love a cream shadow for just throwing on of a morning :) Little or no work in them :)
    Wore it again today,just to make sure it wasnt a one-day-wonder. Still a big thumbs up from me. Going to get the dark grey one this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Received Urban Decay Naked Palette today. AM SO EXCITED!! :D

Can't wait to try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I bought this mascara the other day and I have to say I'm impressed! I've tried so many brands of mascaras from the cheap versions to the expensive and for me this is my new favourite. Volumised and lengthened lashes just as it promised it would :D;)

2_10.jpg

Totally agree, this is brilliant and is on offer at the moment for only €6.99. I looked like I had false lashes on, love it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

I bought Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara the other day in Debenhams.
    24.50, which is 2.50 more than 'Bad Gal'.

I'm loving it, so far. One application, even without prior heat curling, makes my eyelashes look longer and gives them a definite lift.

As it's quite expensive, it's not a mascara I'd use every day, but more so for going out at night. I find that using an eyelash primer, allowing that to dry followed by curling my eyelashes with a slightly heated eyelash curlers (blast of a hair dryer for a few seconds) really makes the most of the product.

My only criticism would be that the mascara is hard to take off (The bonus of that one being that the product definitely stays on all day and is long lasting) so if you're interesting in buying, get a heavy duty cleanser for removing eye makeup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Totally agree, this is brilliant and is on offer at the moment for only €6.99. I looked like I had false lashes on, love it :-)

love it!! Bought it last week and I just love it! Such a reasonable price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Had three No.7 €7.50 vouchers to use, so got the following.

No.7 Amazing Eyes Pencil, I got black and blue-grey.

5554534410_77892c6eb8.jpg

Boots No.7 Eyeshadow Palette - Good Earth

$(KGrHqF,!hsE2Qq6E5IdBNw(imR(4w~~_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hey purplebobbin!
    When you get a chance to use the eyeshadows will you let us know how they are. They seemed a bit washed out so I never bothered with them but they've some lovely neutral type colours at the same time. Love to hear your thoughts on those and the pencils :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This reminds me, I had a few No. 7 vouchers so I bought a foundation brush and an eye shadow brush. They're actually quite nice. The bristles are really soft and they just glide over your skin. Not bad at all for only the few euro I had to pay on top of the voucher.

kandr10 wrote: »
    Hey purplebobbin!
    When you get a chance to use the eyeshadows will you let us know how they are. They seemed a bit washed out so I never bothered with them but they've some lovely neutral type colours at the same time. Love to hear your thoughts on those and the pencils :)
    Hey,

I love they eye shadows.

They are nicely pigmented (colour can be built up too), they are long lasting and wear well.

I'd definitely buy them again.

I love the pencils, they are easy to apply, they don't smudge/budge.

I haven't worn them properly yet (only tried them on my hands), when I tried smudging they wouldn't move.

They are hard to get off though. I had to use baby oil to get them off my hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

benefit.jpg

Got the mother to pick me up this today when she was in work.26 euro so not too bad,swatched it on my hand and loved it cant wait to try it properly!

urban-decay-naked-palette.jpg

AT LONG LAST! I am in love. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭butlerjustine

Hi,

I've recently started doing free lance make up artist work and mainly use MAC products so I was delighted to see the thread as I'm not familiar with other products.

What would be top products from other brands? I'm struggling to find a good mascara that doesn't fall and smudge after a while.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Have just put in my first elf order am very excited can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for delivery?
    I also ordered urban decay naked palette based on reviews here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Won't take long for your delivery cmbutterfly45. Longest I've ever had to wait was 5 working days.

Hi,

I've recently started doing free lance make up artist work and mainly use MAC products so I was delighted to see the thread as I'm not familiar with other products.

What would be top products from other brands? I'm struggling to find a good mascara that doesn't fall and smudge after a while.

Thanks
    Hi,

I would recommend the No.7 mascaras, I have never had a bad one from them.

Currently I use the No.7 Exceptional Definition and Lash Adapt, both of which I adore.

Lancome mascaras are also very good.

I have a YSL faux cils and lately have noticed little flake coming off when I apply it.

L'Oreal Telscopic is very good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Have just put in my first elf order am very excited can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for delivery?
    I also ordered urban decay naked palette based on reviews here.

ELF are insanely quick, usually about 3-4 days but I've gotten some within 2 days.

I chop and change shampoo depending on what is on special offer in Boots because I wash my hair daily so I don't like to spend money on expensive products! :pac: However, I recently did splurge a little and I am verrrry impressed. :)

leestafford+dollyxface.JPG

Lee Stafford, My Big Fat Healthy Hair shampoo and conditioner. About 8 euro each, I think.

I have long-ish, straight hair which is really fine and after using these, my hair honestly does look bigger! It truly feels like I have more hair on my head! Oh, and the smell, it is so nice. Anybody whose hair is lacking in volume, this shampoo is incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I told myself that because I bought the 15th anniversary palette like a month ago I wouldn't get this one too... but I couldn't resist :o

Urban Decay Volume IV

Urban-Decay-Book-of-Shadows-Vol.-IV-Photos-and-Swatches.jpg

Love love love the neutrals as always, but the greens, golds and blues are fab too!! Delighted with myself. Only €46 at the moment too, Debenhams have 10% off them right now :)

has anyone got any advice for good mascara i hav short straight lashes that are barely noticeable even after an electric curler and a couple coats of mascara would love something that would give a bit of a curl and thicker look that will last a couple of hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I told myself that because I bought the 15th anniversary palette like a month ago I wouldn't get this one too... but I couldn't resist :o

Urban Decay Volume IV

Urban-Decay-Book-of-Shadows-Vol.-IV-Photos-and-Swatches.jpg

Love love love the neutrals as always, but the greens, golds and blues are fab too!! Delighted with myself. Only €46 at the moment too, Debenhams have 10% off them right now :)

holy sh*it batman.......i have to have to have to buy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

has anyone got any advice for good mascara i hav short straight lashes that are barely noticeable even after an electric curler and a couple coats of mascara would love something that would give a bit of a curl and thicker look that will last a couple of hours

Personally I really like the cover girl lash blast. For me it gives length and curl. I believe there is a lash blast fusion which also gives volumn.

I have the dior show, while yeh it's good it's not worth the price IMO. Lash blast is better. I have also always found the max factor mascara's really good

cordni wrote: »
    Personally I really like the cover girl lash blast. For me it gives length and curl. I believe there is a lash blast fusion which also gives volumn.

I have the dior show, while yeh it's good it's not worth the price IMO. Lash blast is better. I have also always found the max factor mascara's really good

where could i buy the covergirl in ireland/ any websites that would deliver to here?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

where could i buy the covergirl in ireland/ any websites that would deliver to here?

Oh sorry, I bought a couple of them in New York. I am sure there will be some online site that will sell it. I will take a look over the weekend and if I come across one will post back here. Sorry didn't even think that it wouldn't be freely available here. I always remember cover girl being available when I was younger :(

no probs ill hav a search myself and see what i can come up with

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

I never know how to choose my foundation, I never know if I should go for liquid or powder or what shade. I have combination skin (oily forehead but dry chin and nose).

So I went to the Benefit counter for advice. The girls applied their Playstick foundation, shade Tea Party. It looked great! Perfect shade and good coverage and felt very light too. So I bought it.

Unfortunately after using it for 4-5 days, it completely dried up my face :(. My chin and nose were peely and flaky and I even had red irritated skin along my jaw line :(. So that didn't work for me at all. I didn't kept the receipt as it looked so good at first I never thought I would have to return it!

So I am back to square one. What type of foundation is the best for combination skin? Liquid? Powder? Mousse?

no probs ill hav a search myself and see what i can come up with

I find No7 mascaras quite good as well as max factor ones. Currently I'm using Benefit's They're Real but it's quite expensive so I really only use it for nights out!

I never know how to choose my foundation, I never know if I should go for liquid or powder or what shade. I have combination skin (oily forehead but dry chin and nose).

So I went to the Benefit counter for advice. The girls applied their Playstick foundation, shade Tea Party. It looked great! Perfect shade and good coverage and felt very light too. So I bought it.

Unfortunately after using it for 4-5 days, it completely dried up my face :(. My chin and nose were peely and flaky and I even had red irritated skin along my jaw line :(. So that didn't work for me at all. I didn't kept the receipt as it looked so good at first I never thought I would have to return it!

So I am back to square one. What type of foundation is the best for combination skin? Liquid? Powder? Mousse?

Are you using a primer or moisturizer?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

lizt wrote: »
    Are you using a primer or moisturizer?

I've bought Pore Essential primer from Benefit that same day to minimise pores on my forehead. I use Trilogy vital moisturizer on the dryer parts of my face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

It sounds like you were unlucky with the benefit one. I have oily comination skin as well and I personally like a liquid foundation. I'm not sure if that's what's recommended as such but it suits me. I have used a kinda cream one before from clinique and found that good too though. I think it might be more a matter of personal preference - what you find easier to put on etc.

Would you not chance returning the benefit one anyway? If you were able to show them the irritation they might give you a gesture of good will...

Advertisement