Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I cannot wait til Christmas Day! The amount of make up my mother has bought me is ridiculous! I'm going to be in pjs eating roses wearing a different shade of lipstick everyday for at least 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Have heard a lot about Armani Luminous Silk foundation, can anyone advise?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Have just tried Pro:voke silver shampoo for the first time and am so impressed with it. It has definetly lifted and cleaned up my highlighted hair, and I've tried every silver shampoo on the market; Kevin Murphy, Sacha Juan, Loreal... This is by far the best and can be got in any big standard pharmacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Have heard a lot about Armani Luminous Silk foundation, can anyone advise?!

I got a sample and didn't like it, was no better then bourjois (healthy mix serum) on me, but everyone's different.

Definitely get a tester!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

GingerLily wrote: »
    I got a sample and didn't like it, was no better then bourjois (healthy mix serum) on me, but everyone's different.

Definitely get a tester!

What's coverage like?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What's coverage like?!

Medium I would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Just ordered too faced lipstick in unicorn tears from debenhams :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I got a present of the Inglot gel eyeliner and brush - I am very impressed. I've been using the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, which I really liked, but it had started to dry out. The Inglot gel is waaay more liquid and very very black. I'm still getting used to the application, but I'm now very keen to try their other products.

I ordered the benefit Christmas set Blushin Babes from arnotts in their sale. It arrived today and I'm so impressed. Great range of everything and good to see which of their blushers suits me best through lots of experimentation. When I was at it I ordered a NYX lid lingerie in the shade rose pearl and I'm in love. Honestly put anything rosey gold coloured in front of me and I'll buy it but I love this. Have it on today with just a bit of dark brown eyeshadow in the crease and I must say I'm very happy! I'll need a trip to arnotts to have a look at the other shades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I bought the blank canvas standee brush holder in the Black Friday sale. I only got to use it this week. It's great, it holds so much, I brought as many brushes as I needed for the few days and there was still plenty of room in it for more. It also packs away quite neat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Got the Huda Beauty palette for myself for Christmas and a liquid lipstick in Muse. Love them both. Bit annoying how you have to use your finger for the glitter ones but you get over it because they are just so nice!

Finally got my NYC lip vault have use one or two of them so far. Doubt il get any use for the blues or purples tho!!!!

Got the mini lipstick for Kylie Cosmetics aswell and I don't think they are as long lasting as the regular sized ones. Haven't used them all yet tho!

Yesterday got the NYX brow mascara just tried it quickly last night and it looked good. Only usually use a little bit of the ELF brow wax but wanted to try something different on them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm focusing on skincare for the new year. Today I bought the nip and fab glycolic fix cleansing pads and a pestle and mortor set that was on sale, it has the hyaluronic serum and a light moisturiser. I need to get a proper routine in place.

Nipped up to Dublin over the weekend with my mum for some sales shopping, there wasn't much jumping out at us. But I picked this up in Boots, I hadn't seen it in my local Boots at all. When I looked in the display box I thought it was grand but when I opened a fresh one when I got home, there was loads more than on the display. Well worth the €30!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Sanctuary-Make-A-Wish_1892624/

This gift contains:-

• Cleansing Burst Body Wash 250ml
    • Gentle Polish Body Scrub 200ml
    • Foaming Creamy Bath Soak 250ml
    • Luxurious Body Butter 300ml
    • Velvety Hand Cream 75ml
    • Intensive Heel Balm 75ml
    • White Lily & Damask Rose Body Wash 75ml
    • Ultimate Salt Scrub 60g
    • 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask 15g

I also picked up the Benefit blusher set reduced in Boots, it was the last one on the stand in Liffey Valley. I was thinking about trying the Hoola bronzer and Dandelion blush and this whole set of 5 blush/bronzer/highlighter plus mascara and eyeliner costs less than one of those products alone.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Benefit-Blushin-Babe-blockbuster-blush-kit_1901249/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Did anyone else order anything from Blank Canvas on New Year's Day? I placed an order online that morning but the status hasn't been updated from "awaiting fulfilment". Just wondering if it's just delayed with the holiday period or if something I ordered might be unavailable and is stalling the dispatch.

Has anyone had an updated order status? Thanks.

Did anyone else order anything from Blank Canvas on New Year's Day? I placed an order online that morning but the status hasn't been updated from "awaiting fulfilment". Just wondering if it's just delayed with the holiday period or if something I ordered might be unavailable and is stalling the dispatch.

I ordered on New Year's Day too and my order was updated this afternoon. It's updated to shipped now. So hopefully it was just the demand and the bank holiday that caused the delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

lazygal wrote: »
    I'm focusing on skincare for the new year. Today I bought the nip and fab glycolic fix cleansing pads and a pestle and mortor set that was on sale, it has the hyaluronic serum and a light moisturiser. I need to get a proper routine in place.

I used to absolutely love the nip and fab glycolic pads and then all of a sudden they broke me out. Reckoned I needed to stop using actives and allow my skin to settle a bit, went back to basics- ocm and moisturiser- but now even though my skin is better, if I use them they can cause some irritation and knock it all out of whack :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

neonsofa wrote: »
    I used to absolutely love the nip and fab glycolic pads and then all of a sudden they broke me out. Reckoned I needed to stop using actives and allow my skin to settle a bit, went back to basics- ocm and moisturiser- but now even though my skin is better, if I use them they can cause some irritation and knock it all out of whack :(
    I'm happy with them so far, a little drying but otherwise I can see my pores clearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Ordered New Years Day and was delivered yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Yes and it was delivered today.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for an updated order status so tomorrow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭whatever76

anyone any experience of this product? - http://www.silkelondon.com/pages/why-it-works-silke-silk-hair-wrap

So tempted as my hair is not in good shape and have tried numerous products - pricey enough for basically a bed hat

Fingers crossed for an updated order status so tomorrow :o

I just got a email to say mine was sent out today. It's with fastway now so should have tomo! Also ordered New Year's Day!

idunno78 wrote: »
    I just got a email to say mine was sent out today. It's with fastway now so should have tomo! Also ordered New Year's Day!

Good to hear some are still processing, maybe I'll get an update soon too. Hoping I don't get an email telling me they can't fulfill the order cos the offer is nearly over. If I knew at this stage I could at least order some alternatives while the 30% off is still available.

TBH I could do without what I ordered anyway so it wouldn't be the end of the world I guess. Thought I'd try out the master series palette and get some travel brushes when they were on offer. The palette seems to get good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I just got the Anastasia Beverly Hills ultimate glow Kit, it's amazing.
    Does anyone know when the rest of the two faced peach collection is being released in Debenhams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

whatever76 wrote: »
    anyone any experience of this product? - http://www.silkelondon.com/pages/why-it-works-silke-silk-hair-wrap

So tempted as my hair is not in good shape and have tried numerous products - pricey enough for basically a bed hat
    My sis has really curly hair and has been wearing a silk cap to bed for years. She gets them on ebay. They're not as fancy as the one in that link but are pure silk and not as pricy. I don't know if it does anything for the condition of her hair but she finds its easier to manage and get ready in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Has anybody used allbeauty.com for perfumes? Are they authentic. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

snor wrote: »
    Has anybody used allbeauty.com for perfumes? Are they authentic. Thanks in advance.
    I've used them in the past and they are authentic. Haven't bought from them for about a year now but I assume they're still authentic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

snor wrote: »

Yes, I've bought from them a few times and never had any problems. They are authentic. I THINK they're based in the Channel Islands, though I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement

Thought I'd try out the master series palette and get some travel brushes when they were on offer. The palette seems to get good reviews.

I got the master palette as a present at Xmas only used 2 colours on it but was impressed! You could always mail them?

Advertisement