Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

idunno78 wrote: »
    I got the master palette as a present at Xmas only used 2 colours on it but was impressed! You could always mail them?

I just got the email now, it's been dispatched, yay! Must be a large volume of orders I guess. Yeah I've heard good things about it, it's reasonable too with the 30% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just ordered Two Faced Sweet Peach palette on debenhams. Delighted with life

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

New beauty blender on the way from Cult Beauty, and found a 15% discount code so HAD to get the ABH Glow Kit :)
    I was going to bypass this for the SoSu highlighter kit but I was able to swatch it in McCabes a couple of weeks ago and was really disappointed. Very very talcy and not the right pigments for my skin - they barely showed up at all and with very little shimmer.
    Also picked up a Zoeva fan brush..

My Monu Skin primer arrived the other day too, after sampling from my Look Fantastic Advent calendar. Best primer I have ever used I am obsessed! And it's SPF 15 which is always a bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another one where I was looking for mac foundation in NW13. I ordered it from the American site and got it shipped to the hotel where my bf is staying this week for work! They take PayPal so it was easy to get around the US card issue. They also still had some of the mini pigment kits from the Nutcracker Sweet with 40% off in the Goodbyes section, so I got one of those too which I'm super pleased about as I kicked myself for not getting one before they sold out. Happy girl here.

Sorely tempted by the ABH modern renaissance palette too but I think I'll have to wait until payday/next restock!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mejulie805 wrote: »
    New beauty blender on the way from Cult Beauty, and found a 15% discount code so HAD to get the ABH Glow Kit :)
    I was going to bypass this for the SoSu highlighter kit but I was able to swatch it in McCabes a couple of weeks ago and was really disappointed. Very very talcy and not the right pigments for my skin - they barely showed up at all and with very little shimmer.

My Monu Skin primer arrived the other day too, after sampling from my Look Fantastic Advent calendar. Best primer I have ever used I am obsessed! And it's SPF 15 which is always a bonus :)

Any chance for a PM of the discount code? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

misslt wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it was this thread or another one where I was looking for mac foundation in NW13. I ordered it from the American site and got it shipped to the hotel where my bf is staying this week for work! They take PayPal so it was easy to get around the US card issue. They also still had some of the mini pigment kits from the Nutcracker Sweet with 40% off in the Goodbyes section, so I got one of those too which I'm super pleased about as I kicked myself for not getting one before they sold out. Happy girl here.

Sorely tempted by the ABH modern renaissance palette too but I think I'll have to wait until payday/next restock!

Could you post or PM me the discount code also please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Could you post or PM me the discount code also please?

Me too please!! I think we'd all like that code!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Blackangel

Can I get it too?

Anyone know when the Boots 75% sale is starting?

Got this mask for dry skin in TK Maxx last week for €12 I think

http://www.boots.ie/en/Lancome-Hydra-Intense-Hydrating-Gel-Mask-with-Natural-Water-Captors-100ml_5870/

Oh it's not a code, when you go on the site one of the scroll banners is for the goodbyes - it's collections that are being retired, like the nutcracker sweet or the trolls.

Doesn't look like there any on the UK site atm but if you sign up for emails they let you know when they have some. It can be pretty hit and miss sometimes but I got lucky on the US site.

• Advertisement

Sorry I just copped I replied to wrong post, was looking for CultBeauty code :o

Apologies :o

Sorry I just copped I replied to wrong post, was looking for CultBeauty code :o

Apologies :o

No worries at all but if the cult beauty one is going I'll take a look too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I heard it was Wednesday, not confirmed though.

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    I heard it was Wednesday, not confirmed though.

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I know someone who works in Boots and they were told it's not going ahead this Wednesday. Their promotion changeover is next Wednesday so they think it'll be done at the same time as that.

Anyone having issues trying to get onto the Boots website?

I've been trying to place an order for the past number of hours, kept saying my password is incorrect, so I requested a new one several times, only came through on my phone not laptop, so I entered the new one on the phone, tried logging in on the laptop and can't.

What is it with that website, since it launched I've only been able to order once, every other time I have to go in store, which for me at the minute is impossible.

Drives me mad it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

misslt wrote: »

I have it it's amazing one of the best palettes i have.

anna080 wrote: »
    Just ordered Two Faced Sweet Peach palette on debenhams. Delighted with life

I got it last week it's fab I'm waiting for the highlight bronze and blush palette tonne released.

mejulie805 wrote: »

I got the glow kit for xmas absolutely love it. It was broken when delivered so the sent a new one. Would love to try violet voss eyeshadows.

I need to try a different primer I'll look that one up.

Got this mask for dry skin in TK Maxx last week for €12 I think

http://www.boots.ie/en/Lancome-Hydra-Intense-Hydrating-Gel-Mask-with-Natural-Water-Captors-100ml_5870/
    Have you tried the Korean beauty range that was in tk maxx all skincare.
    I bought the tony moly 3D face masks they are very good. I'd bought some in Sephora when I was in the states and it's just as cheap here to buy them.

• Advertisement

Cria wrote: »
    Have you tried the Korean beauty range that was in tk maxx all skincare.
    I bought the tony moly 3D face masks they are very good. I'd bought some in Sephora when I was in the states and it's just as cheap here to buy them.
    I haven't tried them no, I haven't seen them in my local TK Maxx. I will keep an eye out for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Anyone having issues trying to get onto the Boots website?

Always! Boots Ireland website is incredibly glitchy, so difficult to place an order or even browse products.

The app on iPhone is brutal also - regularly freezes and crashes.

I haven't tried them no, I haven't seen them in my local TK Maxx. I will keep an eye out for them though.

Thanks to Birchbox, I've been obsessed with the Manefit sheet masks. Still getting them from the Birchbox website, and they're only £2 each! The cucumber one and the lavender one are my favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone got the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette and what did they think of it? I only just purchased the UD Naked 2 palette last week and have used it non stop - it is miles better than the W7 dupe I had been using. But the Naked 2 has more shimmers in it than I would really gravitate towards. So trying to justify buying it when I have ABH and Blank canvas palettes already in use also and I only have one set of eyeballs!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone got the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette and what did they think of it? I only just purchased the UD Naked 2 palette last week and have used it non stop - it is miles better than the W7 dupe I had been using. But the Naked 2 has more shimmers in it than I would really gravitate towards. So trying to justify buying it when I have ABH and Blank canvas palettes already in use also and I only have one set of eyeballs!

I have the Ultimate Basics pallette and I love it! I was never a fan of the naked palettes because I don't like shimmer eyeshadows so the basics is ideal for me. There's a good mix of neutral brown tones for day wear and some darker ones for night wear (burnt orange, dark purple etc). I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

ciaradx wrote: »
    I have the Ultimate Basics pallette and I love it! I was never a fan of the naked palettes because I don't like shimmer eyeshadows so the basics is ideal for me. There's a good mix of neutral brown tones for day wear and some darker ones for night wear (burnt orange, dark purple etc). I'd definitely recommend it.
    Thanks I was rather hoping that someone would say you don't really need it and I wouldn't be so tempted then! :P
    Anyone know if UD still do they mini version of the all nighter setting spray? I don't see it on Debenhams website and wanted to try it and would grab it if I was placing an order with Debenhams (have no Urban Decay counter near me)

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Thanks I was rather hoping that someone would say you don't really need it and I wouldn't be so tempted then! :P
    Anyone know if UD still do they mini version of the all nighter setting spray? I don't see it on Debenhams website and wanted to try it and would grab it if I was placing an order with Debenhams (have no Urban Decay counter near me)

They definitely still have it, I bought it the other day!
    Personally not a massive advocate of the UD Ultimate Basics, but I throw it in my bag if I've to get ready on the go so it's great for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Does EL Advanced Night Repair break anyone else out? Have only been using it for 3 nights but so far my skin isn't responding well

anna080 wrote: »
    Does EL Advanced Night Repair break anyone else out? Have only been using it for 3 nights but so far my skin isn't responding well
    Yeah it breaks me out too so I gave up using the samples I had and gave them to mam and she's had no issues.

• Advertisement

Do they are so good the had the stand before xmas.

Advertisement