Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Ladies, I hope someone can help. Wanting to order one Kylie Lip kit as a gift, it's $29, how much can I expect to pay in customs fees? Trying to decide if it's worth it or not!
    Anything over €22 is subject to 23% charge for customs if I remember rightly. Plus there is the An Post handling fee, can't remember how much that is, but around €10 I think.

This is a good site for working it out https://www.dutycalculator.com/

You only have a certain amount of trial goes on that site though before they start charging for checking it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Yeah this is the set I have

https://www.amazon.com/Tarte-Holidaze-Coolectors-Portable-Palette/dp/B0163KQABS

I love the lip colour and the blushes, the shadows and mascara are pretty meh, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy the full size mascara to be honest. I wouldn't mind trying the bloom palettes if they were better quality and had good pigmentation too.

I haven't tried KVD palettes, am tempted by the shade/light eye palette though. :D

I'm not a fan of the mascaras either I prefer the better than sex mascara, a blogger put up a snapchat about a mascara and it looked amazing can't remember if it was catrice or essence. She looked like she had false eyelashes on.
    This is what I have https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LWDIS59/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_194_1/161-4537181-2181301?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M0GX5QXHZQJ6WC1XWDD5
    Eyeshadows are not great the blushes are good. The two bloom palettes are much better in pigment and better to blend.
    If there's two things I'd recommend by Kat Von d it's the light and shade eye shadow pallette and contour pallette love them.
    And now Debenhams is selling them which is great.

Cria wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the mascaras either I prefer the better than sex mascara, a blogger put up a snapchat about a mascara and it looked amazing can't remember if it was catrice or essence. She looked like she had false eyelashes on.
    This is what I have https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LWDIS59/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_194_1/161-4537181-2181301?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M0GX5QXHZQJ6WC1XWDD5
    Eyeshadows are not great the blushes are good. The two bloom palettes are much better in pigment and better to blend.
    If there's two things I'd recommend by Kat Von d it's the light and shade eye shadow pallette and contour pallette love them.
    And now Debenhams is selling them which is great.
    I want to try the better than sex mascara too, when my lashes grow back I will definitely try it. I've a few new mascaras upstairs that I can't use so I can't wait til I have lashes again to use them lol.

That set looks lovely, the shadows in the Xmas sets don't seem to be good quality at all, which is a shame I think. I heard the same about the Lorac mega palette that was released this Xmas too, shadows are hit and miss with it :(

Yeah it great that debenhams are selling the KVD. I have their setting spray and its fantastic, only setting spray I've used mind so I can't compare it to other ones but its worth trying out if you haven't already I think.

What is the colouring of the KVD contour palette like? I've a fear of looking muddy or orange so always avoided it. I use the Dealz eyeshadow in Cappuccino for contouring, when I can be bothered to contour that is lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I want to try the better than sex mascara too, when my lashes grow back I will definitely try it. I've a few new mascaras upstairs that I can't use so I can't wait til I have lashes again to use them lol.

That set looks lovely, the shadows in the Xmas sets don't seem to be good quality at all, which is a shame I think. I heard the same about the Lorac mega palette that was released this Xmas too, shadows are hit and miss with it :(

Yeah it great that debenhams are selling the KVD. I have their setting spray and its fantastic, only setting spray I've used mind so I can't compare it to other ones but its worth trying out if you haven't already I think.

What is the colouring of the KVD contour palette like? I've a fear of looking muddy or orange so always avoided it. I use the Dealz eyeshadow in Cappuccino for contouring, when I can be bothered to contour that is lol :D

I really love my KVD contour palette, the three shades in it are warm and not orange at all! I've hit pan on one of the light shades! I use a mix of the first two 'shade' colours for most of my contour, and use the darkest one for the top (close to my cheekbones). Since I bought mine, they've released the one with interchangable pans so you can replace when needed!

P.S Kendo Cosmetics (parent company) are looking for Debenhams KVD counter managers in Dublin and Cork!!!!!! SO EXCITED :D:D:D

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I really love my KVD contour palette, the three shades in it are warm and not orange at all! I've hit pan on one of the light shades! I use a mix of the first two 'shade' colours for most of my contour, and use the darkest one for the top (close to my cheekbones). Since I bought mine, they've released the one with interchangable pans so you can replace when needed!

P.S Kendo Cosmetics (parent company) are looking for Debenhams KVD counter managers in Dublin and Cork!!!!!! SO EXCITED :D:D:D
    Thanks so much for the info and help, I hadn't a clue about the interchangeable palettes, they're better than having to buy the pre-filled ones and at least you can change the colours in them when necessary. :)

Good luck with the job application, hope you get lucky! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Very quick question on Mac lipsticks...
    The infamous Ruby Woo lipstick - should that have matte or retro matte printed on the base of the bullet. Or can it be either or?
    (I'm looking at buying one barely used on Depop)

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Very quick question on Mac lipsticks...
    The infamous Ruby Woo lipstick - should that have matte or retro matte printed on the base of the bullet. Or can it be either or?
    (I'm looking at buying one barely used on Depop)
    Retro matte I think :)

Be cautious of buying branded make up on Depop or any of those sites because what you see in the pics may not be what you receive in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Retro matte I think :)

Be cautious of buying branded make up on Depop or any of those sites because what you see in the pics may not be what you receive in the post.
    Oh I know I'm taking a chance but I usually do a bit a research before I buy something that's makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Cria wrote: »
    What is cactusgal is it a shipping company. I use an American address to ship my make up over.
    That amber rush is stunning I bought it last year. I love the cover girl 3 in 1 foundation.

I want to buy the IT Cosmetics your skin but better cc cream does anyone have it.

Ha maybe I should set up an underground makeup shipping company from the US to Ireland! I was very restrained while here, only bought the L'Oreal Feline something Lashes mascara ... Lashes are feeling very sparse after having lash extensions and I need to give them a break.

The Euro is super weak at the moment, pretty much equal to the dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Can anyone recommend a mascara for extremely sensitive eyes! Currently using "they're real" not sure if I'm allergic to that! Doubt it as I've had it before. I got a new bb cream a while ago (estee lauder) same time I got some occasional lashes done and since then my eyes have been red, puffy itchy and sore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Thanks so much for the info and help, I hadn't a clue about the interchangeable palettes, they're better than having to buy the pre-filled ones and at least you can change the colours in them when necessary. :)

Good luck with the job application, hope you get lucky! :)

Oh no I'm not applying I'm just excited that the counters are coming :pac:

amor3 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a mascara for extremely sensitive eyes! Currently using "they're real" not sure if I'm allergic to that! Doubt it as I've had it before. I got a new bb cream a while ago (estee lauder) same time I got some occasional lashes done and since then my eyes have been red, puffy itchy and sore!
    No.7 mascaras are fantastic for sensitive eyes.

These are some of my favourites from them

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Exceptional-Definition-Mascara_1273394/

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Extreme-Length-Waterproof-Mascara_1273406/

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Intense-Volume-Waterproof-Mascara_1273409/

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Extravagant-Volume-Waterproof-Mascara_1331678/

Their exquisite curl mascara is fabulous, its not available over here anymore only online from the US though. Worth getting it if you can. It gives curl, volume, length, separation, and is jet black too. One of the best mascaras I've ever used anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/Boots-Exquisite-Mascara-Brown-Trifing/dp/B00ENIRCJW

MAC Upward Lash is amazing for giving separation, and volume, it makes my own looks like I've extensions when I don't, so that's another one worth trying out.

http://www.johnlewis.com/mac-upward-lash-mascara-black/p2099274

This is another great one, its not extreme or volumising, just gives a natural look to my lashes really. My own natural lashes are long, thick and jet black though.

http://www.johnlewis.com/mac-false-lashes-mascara-black/p601545?navAction=jump&_requestid=18533911
    mejulie805 wrote: »
    Oh no I'm not applying I'm just excited that the counters are coming :pac:
    Oh sorry I misunderstood and thought you were applying, apologies :o

Thanks stripedboxers, I've used no. 7 before. I love all their stuff actually. I'm specifically looking for a sensitive one for now. I can't even go get them tinted as I'd say they would flare up even more!

Thanks stripedboxers, I've used no. 7 before. I love all their stuff actually. I'm specifically looking for a sensitive one for now. I can't even go get them tinted as I'd say they would flare up even more!
    I dunno I've sensitive eyes and found No.7 and MAC good.

Max Factor are good as well I just haven't found a mascara I'd like enough to repurchase or recommend is all. :o The false lash effect and transformation mascaras are good, but they're not great I don't think, I dunno though could just be me really?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

No7 have one specifically for extremely sensitive eyes. I think it's 'Extreme Length Sensitive'. It's in a silver bottle any of the girls working there would know it.

Edit: found a link for it http://m.boots.ie/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=roi&path=/en/No7-Extreme-Length-Sensitive-Eyes-Mascara_1273403/

Aeternum wrote: »
    No7 have one specifically for extremely sensitive eyes. I think it's 'Extreme Length Sensitive'. It's in a silver bottle any of the girls working there would know it.

Edit: found a link for it http://m.boots.ie/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=roi&path=%2Fen%2FNo7-Extreme-Length-Sensitive-Eyes-Mascara_1273403%2F

Thanks very much.. I'll pop into boots in the morning, have a no.7 coupon so even better again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Does anyone think it's worth it (or possible?) to sign up for a Sephora card as a fairly infrequent visitor to America - I'll be there for a week next month and tend to visit every year or two, typically spending $150-200 per visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

dee_mc wrote: »
    Does anyone think it's worth it (or possible?) to sign up for a Sephora card as a fairly infrequent visitor to America - I'll be there for a week next month and tend to visit every year or two, typically spending $150-200 per visit.

Do you mean the loyalty card?

Yes it's possible. You get points that you can save up and 'spend' on selected samples or sets - usually travel size. There's different thresholds for each one. They should be on the site. I don't think the points expire as I always have a few hundred on my card and I visit every quarter or so.

Yes I would sign up I'm raging I didn't the last time I was there I spent a small fortune in there. It's my most favourite place ever lol.

I don't have a Sephora card, but you usually need a zip code or address, or a US phone number to sign up for loyalty cards.

• Advertisement

The mega pros are fairly good not as good as the normal pro though.

Definitely try the better than sex I love the brush on it.
    No there's no orangy tones in the Kat Von d contour, I don't find it muddy either it blends out lovely.
    I tend to reach for that more that the abh contour.
    This thread is really making me rethink how much make up I buy can you ever have too much lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Candie wrote: »
    I don't have a Sephora card, but you usually need a zip code or address, or a US phone number to sign up for loyalty cards.

Nope, not for a Sephora card. I got mine in New York over the summer with just an email address.

Fab thanks ladies!
    While I'm here, any recommendations for a matte or mostly matte neutral eyeshadow palette? My ideal tones would be those in the UD naked 2 palette but most of the shades in it are shimmery, so hard enough to do a casual every day look using it. Drugstore or high-end, I'm not fussy.
    Looking forward to trying Milani, never paid it any attention on previous trips.

Fab thanks ladies!
    While I'm here, any recommendations for a matte or mostly matte neutral eyeshadow palette? My ideal tones would be those in the UD naked 2 palette but most of the shades in it are shimmery, so hard enough to do a casual every day look using it. Drugstore or high-end, I'm not fussy.
    Looking forward to trying Milani, never paid it any attention on previous trips.

I quite like the Smashbox Photo Matte pallette - I only have the mini version but the full size one is beautiful!

cactusgal wrote: »
    Ha maybe I should set up an underground makeup shipping company from the US to Ireland! I was very restrained while here, only bought the L'Oreal Feline something Lashes mascara ... Lashes are feeling very sparse after having lash extensions and I need to give them a break.

The Euro is super weak at the moment, pretty much equal to the dollar.

Haha I'd sign up to your new shipping company any excuse to shop USA.

Yes it's very bad that's why I haven't put any orders in with my shipping company.

Aeternum wrote: »
    I quite like the Smashbox Photo Matte pallette - I only have the mini version but the full size one is beautiful!

Oh that looks like just what I'm after!
    Is yours the travel palette, with 8 shadows?

Fab thanks ladies!

Try the tarte in bloom palette the first one it's all matte.

Oh I love Milani the luminoso blush (all of the blushes are fab) is gorgeous their lip glosses creams and metalic liquid lipsticks are lovely.

I really like the bronzer they do not for contouring for warming up the face and giving it a glow.

If you get anything get this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Milani-TANtastic-Face-Body-Baked-Bronzer-Fantastic-in-Gold/24008120
    It has a light colour running through it makes a gorgeous highlighter.

Oh that looks like just what I'm after!
    Is yours the travel palette, with 8 shadows?

Yep that's it! I had the Shape Matters pallette from them which I loved but had hit pan on a few of the eyeshadow shades so picked that up and it fit the bill perfectly ☺think I paid €19 for the travel size and the full size is €47

Can any of you recommend a good lip balm for dry, chapped lips?

I can't use anything with Ammonia so would love some suggestions as I normally use blistex but can't use that as it has ammonia in it.

I am using aloe vera Vaseline but not finding it much good.

Was using this LRP one but found it dried my lips out even more

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Lipikar-Baume-AP-200ml_1539658/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Can any of you recommend a good lip balm for dry, chapped lips?

I can't use anything with Ammonia so would love some suggestions as I normally use blistex but can't use that as it has ammonia in it.

I am using aloe vera Vaseline but not finding it much good.

Was using this LRP one but found it dried my lips out even more

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Lipikar-Baume-AP-200ml_1539658/

Eucerin Intensive Lip Balm is amazing. I checked the ingredients and doesn't appear to have ammonia in it.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Eucerin-Dry-Skin-Intensive-Lip-Balm-10ml_1538827/

Advertisement