Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

anna080 wrote: »
    I copied your whole order! :) not a clue how to use half of it but sure!
    Have to say I found their checkout page a bit confusing.

Yes, I think after doing more research that it's a sub brand under a larger brand Deciem. All the feedback I've read has been good from users, GOSS MUA is a fan (and he's emphasised not sponsored).

We can compare notes when they arrive! There are a few more things I want to try but it's not a great idea to try too many new skin care items so probably best to stick with a smaller order (obviously over the free shipping threshold - I despise paying for shipping).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

My stuff from the Ordinary arrived this morning.

I'm so impressed, I ordered at 1pm yesterday (I'm in the UK).

Can't wait to try it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Picked up this is penneys yesterday. 2.50 so couldn't go wrong. Feels really lovely but thought it was a light pink shade (it's brown) so will give it to my sister and pick up another 1.. very impressed as I have mega dry lips all the time and bite skin off, sorry, tmi! But this is long lasting and not a bit drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

amor3 wrote: »
    Picked up this is penneys yesterday. 2.50 so couldn't go wrong. Feels really lovely but thought it was a light pink shade (it's brown) so will give it to my sister and pick up another 1.. very impressed as I have mega dry lips all the time and bite skin off, sorry, tmi! But this is long lasting and not a bit drying.
    I got it last weekend too! Its gorgeous! It looks very similar to one of the Kylie lipkit shades, must check which one!

Looking at google there, I *think* its like true brown K, but will check when I get home :)

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    My stuff from the Ordinary arrived this morning.

I'm so impressed, I ordered at 1pm yesterday (I'm in the UK).

Can't wait to try it out now.

Did you order from their website or Victoria Health?

Great that it's so fast! Can't wait for my order :)
    I wonder will I need my Vichy Serum after using the 2% HA? So many questions!

GingerLily wrote: »
    Did you order from their website or Victoria Health?

Great that it's so fast! Can't wait for my order :)
    I wonder will I need my Vichy Serum after using the 2% HA? So many questions!

I ordered from Victoria Health!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Hey all... just wondering about this site? I am trying to deter my friend from buying here as I didn't think there was anywhere you could get Kylie lip kits aside from her actual site, but I don't want to tell her not to if I am wrong!

https://kylie-outlet.co.uk

Thanks!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Hey all... just wondering about this site? I am trying to deter my friend from buying here as I didn't think there was anywhere you could get Kylie lip kits aside from her actual site, but I don't want to tell her not to if I am wrong!

Thanks!
    TBH I wouldn't trust any sites that aren't hers, as I've heard some fakes have glue in them!!:( there are loads of dupes of the colours (at better prices too) if she googles them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks!

Fakes

Kylie often goes on snapchat/twitter/instagram to show all of the sites selling fake Lip kits.

Kylie lipkits can only be purchased from kyliecosmetics.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Thanks that's exactly what I thought, but was being met with the argument that these aren't $2 Ali express kits and they're the same price... I'm not sure I've fully convinced her so I think she's getting them anyway... I'm dying to order a KVD Everlasting Lipstick but cannot decide what shade to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Can anyone recommend a really good setting powder? Not upwards of €20 preferably

Note: I have OILY sometimes combination skin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Thanks that's exactly what I thought, but was being met with the argument that these aren't $2 Ali express kits and they're the same price... I'm not sure I've fully convinced her so I think she's getting them anyway... I'm dying to order a KVD Everlasting Lipstick but cannot decide what shade to get!

You're being a good friend... A colleague of mine treated a patient a few months ago who has had permanent damage to her sight from a reaction to whatever was in the fake palette. That poor girl has zero recourse.

I'm on a spending ban until my birthday (30 eek!) which will hopefully "cure" me of my addiction to buying everything makeup. I'm an advertisers dream... I see it, I want it, I buy it! This thread is great coz I love hearing what everyone else is buying and loving/hating.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lolita is beautiful, whenever I wear it I get compliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

Can anyone recommend a nice blusher? I have one at the moment which I am almost finished with and don't know what to buy next. The one I have is from some random brand I bought on holidays over a year ago and it's a sort of a peachy/coral colour.
    I've brown hair, blue eyes and pale skins so if anyone has tried any nice blush shades recently I'd love a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Shinbin223 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a nice blusher? I have one at the moment which I am almost finished with and don't know what to buy next. The one I have is from some random brand I bought on holidays over a year ago and it's a sort of a peachy/coral colour.
    I've brown hair, blue eyes and pale skins so if anyone has tried any nice blush shades recently I'd love a recommendation.

Wet n Wild do gorgeous blush shades, and really cheap as well. Can get them in Penneys

Milani baked blushes are amazing- especially in Luminouso, you'll have to order online (the Beauty Bay sell them), and they're just as good quality as Mac mineralize blushes, which I also love!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Not sure of your budget but I'm a big fan of benefit's blush boxes. Lots of different shades so you can try them out. I personally used rockateur and coralista.

BeeMee_123 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a really good setting powder? Not upwards of €20 preferably

I don't know about really good, but I got the Banana powder from Penneys and find it good, I had stopped using powders cos they made my face feel dry later on in the day, but used a different foundation the other day and threw on that powder over it and it stayed on fine and didn't feel drying! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

ciaradx wrote: »
    Not sure of your budget but I'm a big fan of benefit's blush boxes. Lots of different shades so you can try them out. I personally used rockateur and coralista.

The holiday set containing a selection of these blushes is good value, especially if you got it in the sales, think Boots had it reduced to around €30 after Xmas but don't know if it's still available.

• Advertisement

mcgiggles wrote: »

I don't know about really good, but I got the Banana powder from Penneys and find it good, I had stopped using powders cos they made my face feel dry later on in the day, but used a different foundation the other day and threw on that powder over it and it stayed on fine and didn't feel drying! :)

Thank you, but sadly have tried this.. by the time I'm getting into the taxi to go out I'm shiny again. I'm thinking of trying the mac & just using it for occasions.
    Anyone recommend mac setting powder? Are there different types?

The Rimmel syay matte and Bourjois healthy balance are lovely powders and definitely help keep makeup on. A mattifying setting spray might what you need on top of a nice powder - NYX or Uran Decay are great options for this.

I use Mac MSFN as a touch up powder to mattify and add some coverage throughout the day, I wouldn't use it to set foundation but some people do!!

GingerLily wrote: »
    The Rimmel syay matte and Bourjois healthy balance are lovely powders and definitely help keep makeup on. A mattifying setting spray might what you need on top of a nice powder - NYX or Uran Decay are great options for this.

I use Mac MSFN as a touch up powder to mattify and add some coverage throughout the day, I wouldn't use it to set foundation but some people do!!

Thank you.. will try the nyx setting spray (if I can get my hands on it) & maybe the bourjois powder, haven't tried it before.

I'll report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Thank you.. will try the nyx setting spray (if I can get my hands on it) & maybe the bourjois powder, haven't tried it before.

I'll report back :)
    Maybelline 24hr Stay powder is another good one.

LizT wrote: »
    Lolita is beautiful, whenever I wear it I get compliments.

This, also love bow n arrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I've just put in an order for The Ordinary skincare.
    Got
    *Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5,
    *Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate Solution 10%;
    *Advanced Retinoid 2%;
    *100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
    *And The Buffet

All for €50.80. It's such good value. I just hope they work as well as the reviews say they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

A friend recently gifted me these two items. I started using the cleanser from the set and I love it. It's very gentle on the skin.

Last night I started using the overnight cream so I'll report back on how I find it works for me. My skin is very dry and sensitive so I hope this helps it.

https://www.medipharm.ie/la-roche-posay-toleriane-xmas-gift-set.html

LRP hand cream http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Lipikar-Xerand-hand-cream-50ml_1360842/

I haven't used the hand cream yet so I hope it's good. The skin on my hands is so dry it's cracking and it's very sore so I hope the cream can help it :)

Does anyone know when the Boots 75% sale is starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

A friend recently gifted me these two items. I started using the cleanser from the set and I love it. It's very gentle on the skin.

Last night I started using the overnight cream so I'll report back on how I find it works for me. My skin is very dry and sensitive so I hope this helps it.

https://www.medipharm.ie/la-roche-posay-toleriane-xmas-gift-set.html

LRP hand cream http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Lipikar-Xerand-hand-cream-50ml_1360842/

I haven't used the hand cream yet so I hope it's good. The skin on my hands is so dry it's cracking and it's very sore so I hope the cream can help it :)

Does anyone know when the Boots 75% sale is starting?

70% sale started this morning instore only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

ahayes84 wrote: »
    I've just put in an order for The Ordinary skincare.
    Got
    *Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5,
    *Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate Solution 10%;
    *Advanced Retinoid 2%;
    *100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
    *And The Buffet

All for €50.80. It's such good value. I just hope they work as well as the reviews say they do.

My The Ordinary order from Victoria Health arrived today. I'm impressed with the simplicity of the packaging.

I ordered the 5 item regimen recommended for pigmentation issues and their primer.

Looking forward to seeing if there's any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Essence blushers are amazing, theyre better than Too Faced or some other higher end brands, really creamy and pigmented, theyre lovely. Nars orgasm is amazing too, ive similar colouring to yours and always wear Orgasm, it really brightens up my complexion and brings a bit of life to it. Sleek do awesome dupes. Pinks, peaches and corals look great on pale skin and Sleek carry all of these shades.

Advertisement