Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

dee_mc wrote: »
    Not the most useful answer but just to let you know, if you Google it you'll find lots of people saying MAC sell a pump that fits the bottle, but this is no longer the case (or never was the case, depending on who you talk to at MAC).
    I'd be very interested in getting a pump for mine too, the bottle's a right PITA

I haven't tried this myself but I've seen some bloggers using the coffee stirring sticks from starbucks to get all the last bits of foundation out of a glass bottle. They're plastic and have a little spoon on the end so it might work? When my pump bottle of L'oreal true match is gone, I'm going to try this out. I always feel like there's tonnes of foundation still inside the bottle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

I used a mac pump on my double wear bottle and it worked on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Was that recently IrishPhoenix? One of the girls I talked to at MAC said there used be one that fit the DW bottle but it's been changed so now it doesn't screw on or seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I went lighter blonde with the hair recently. Hairdresser suggested I use a purple shampoo to stop it going brassy. Has anyone got any suggestions, recommendations for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I went lighter blonde with the hair recently. Hairdresser suggested I use a purple shampoo to stop it going brassy. Has anyone got any suggestions, recommendations for me?

Provoke touch of silver shampoo. I use the clarifying one. Can get it in most chemists. Cheap as chips and best I've ever used

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I Use shimmer lights by clairol. Find it great. Very strong tho. The provoke one mentioned is good too.
    Those shampoos can be really drying. I'd advise to deep condition after using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Anyone recommend a foundation with no SPF around the 30 euro mark? I'd be looking for full coverage, skin is awful at the moment

If you've drier skin I'd recommend the looking at the Clinque beyond perfection 2in1 foundation, it's fuller coverage rather than full coverage I would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

La.de.da wrote: »
    I Use shimmer lights by clairol. Find it great. Very strong tho. The provoke one mentioned is good too.
    Those shampoos can be really drying. I'd advise to deep condition after using it.

Do you find this one more conditioning than the provoke one? I do love the provoke one but I agree that it can get quite drying with frequent use

anna080 wrote: »
    Do you find this one more conditioning than the provoke one? I do love the provoke one but I agree that it can get quite drying with frequent use

They are both equally drying tbh. I only use once a week and a hair mask after. Brilliant products though.

Although I left the shampoo on too long once and had silvery/purple hair for a while :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

They are both equally drying tbh. I only use once a week and a hair mask after. Brilliant products though.

Although I left the shampoo on too long once and had silvery/purple hair for a while :eek:

I did this too. Platinum hair for a while!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Was that recently IrishPhoenix? One of the girls I talked to at MAC said there used be one that fit the DW bottle but it's been changed so now it doesn't screw on or seal.

I bought two mac pumps only a few wks ago to fit my bottles of double wear. The only thing I had to do was trim a tiny bit off the end of the tube/straw part

Fifi28 - it was over a year ago so maybe they did change it. What i want to know is why they won't just give you a pump with a e40 foundation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

fifi28 wrote: »
    I bought two mac pumps only a few wks ago to fit my bottles of double wear. The only thing I had to do was trim a tiny bit off the end of the tube/straw part

Is this the right one? Definitely want to order if it's right!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Wellyd wrote: »
    Is this the right one? Definitely want to order if it's right!

This is the one I bought

http://www.brownthomas.com/brands/m-a-c/tools/foundation-pump/77x1832xm8cf.html?cgid=mac-tools#start=1

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Ordered the Violet Voss x Laura Lee palette off beauty bay last night - along with the illamasqua skin base foundation. Very excited to try them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

Aeternum wrote: »
    Ordered the Violet Voss x Laura Lee palette off beauty bay last night - along with the illamasqua skin base foundation. Very excited to try them out!

I bought this palette too!! It better be good for the price lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Can anyone recommend a good brown mascara for every day use? I currently use black-brown but as a pale redhead I find that as I get older it looks too harsh on me.

I'd like to find a reasonably priced brown mascara but all I have been able to find are black-browns.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Vel wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good brown mascara for every day use? I currently use black-brown but as a pale redhead I find that as I get older it looks too harsh on me.

I'd like to find a reasonably priced brown mascara but all I have been able to find are black-browns.

Thanks!

It's expensive but benefit they're real in brown, lasts forever and looks amazing. The downside is it's hard to get off and you need to be careful not to break your lashes. Garner miceller water soaked on a pad and held to the eye before gently stroking it off works.

Look fantastic sells benefit and usually has 15% off or wait for cloud 10 to have a discount code maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Vel wrote: »

Thanks!

There is a lovely brown one from Dior but its not cheap. I too like brown and found it hard to pick up brown and not black-brown. I will be on the look out again as I am going cruelty free once the Dior one has all gone.

Aeternum wrote: »

Oh please let us know how you get on with the Illamasqua foundation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Schwarzkopf purple shampoo is amazing! I found it way better then the provoke one that turned my hair to straw after one or two uses! The Schwarzkopf one isn't very drying at all a little but it's fine after putting on regular conditioner. Id only use it once a week or every two weeks! People always think I just had my hair done after using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Can anyone recommend a sulphate free shampoo. I've been using morrocan oil range but it's too heavy.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a sulphate free shampoo. I've been using morrocan oil range but it's too heavy.

Thanks

I use the OGX range. It's available in boots and often on offer. It's also paraben free. They do ranges for all different types of hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

SATSUMA wrote: »

Thanks

Also available in Boots, the L'Oreal Expertise Ever range is good:

365566266.png?511

Could anyone recommend a hair moose that doesn't go hard/tacky ? I'm embracing my natural wavy hair. I usually put a little moose in for definition and let it air dry.

Used to use a pantene soft hold one can't find it anywhere. Any I've tried lately are no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Could anyone recommend a hair moose that doesn't go hard/tacky ? I'm embracing my natural wavy hair. I usually put a little moose in for definition and let it air dry.

Used to use a pantene soft hold one can't find it anywhere. Any I've tried lately are no good.

Ive naturally curly hair and use a cream by OGX called "Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream". I think its 15 Eur so a bit more pricer than a mousse but a little goes a long way. Im on my third bottle! My hair is totally soft and frizz free after it air dries, hate the sticky feeling of a mousse too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I used this brand in the past and found them very good.

https://deepsteep.com

Got them in TK Maxx, conditioner and shampoo were about €8 each.

In New York for a holiday and I have the nearest CVS haunted - grabbed the last bottle of the lightest shade of Milani foundation and it's lovely, similar coverage to Double Wear but not at all as tight-feeling on dry skin and less than a third of the price - the palest colour is not terribly pale though, it's quite a bit warmer toned than what I normally wear but I think I can live with it!
    Has anyone tried a Tweezerman facial hair remover, it looks kind of like a torture device, just wondering would it be good for fine downy growth on sides of face and upper lip area?

Update on the Milani foundation, it's quite yellow toned so I look a bit odd today - not the right range for very pale girls.
    I'm keeping it anyway, for when I have a slight (or fake) tan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Update on the Milani foundation, it's quite yellow toned so I look a bit odd today - not the right range for very pale girls.
    I'm keeping it anyway, for when I have a slight (or fake) tan!

Can I ask, for reference, what shade you'd be in mac?? Heading myself in a few weeks and trying to figure out whether it'll work for me or not! Thanks in advance X

Advertisement