Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

So annoyed at myself, I've put so much work into it my skin lately and I've broken out from touching my chin too much! Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

keredern wrote: »
    I know, it looks a lot!

But it only takes me 10 mins.

And so far so good!

I've had so many skin issues over the past while, redness, irritation, even swelling. :confused:

I always had normal to combination skin, but had a major reaction to an unknown allergen in Oct last (looked like a baboon's arse literally!!!) and my skin has been incredibly dry ever since. :(:(

Texture like sand paper and extreme flaking were a daily experience until I discovered The Ordinary! :)

Do you use an SPF?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yarghhh wrote: »
    You obviously don't need to use The Ordinary but if you even look up the ingredients in those products and what they do it becomes clearer.

Great, thanks for all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Keredern, do you have to pay Customs fees on the goods you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I'm really liking NYX Photo Finish primer. My skin feels nice and smooth and not shiny. It's like the Smashbox one but cheaper. I bought La Roche Posay eye cream yesterday. Hoping it'll help with the fine lines that have appeared over the past few months.:(

Anyone have under eye concealer recommendations? I've a wedding coming up and need something decent. Mine keeps sinking into the teeny lines (and one big line).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

RosyLily wrote: »
    Anyone have under eye concealer recommendations? I've a wedding coming up and need something decent. Mine keeps sinking into the teeny lines (and one big line).

I like the inglot under eye concealer, or the No7 one is nice if you prefer a lighter consistency! Meant to be a dupe for YSL touché eclat I think but I've never used that so can't compare them ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Do you use an SPF?

Absolutely!!

Religiously!

Soltan Once 30 or Soap & Glory 50.

It's essential, especially when using Glow Tonic. :)

Alice1 wrote: »
    Keredern, do you have to pay Customs fees on the goods you order?

No, no customs payable as they are shipped within the EU thankfully!

Really can't say enough good things about this company (Deciem).

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I'm looking to start a new skin regime but have literally no idea where to start and which products to use-I've survived the last 33 years on face-wash and good auld Astral cream:P
    How do you know which products to go for-does the website guide you? I wouldn't know where to start but have heard great things about the Ordinary products.

Ciaradx I'd have similar problems to that-dry skin and red pigmentation, I must read up on the products you are using! thanks!

I used Deciem's recommended regime to begin with but then watched a couple of very reliable Youtubers.

I found this lady extremely good;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-X4BAoKxwGYIKrKfqk7yug

These videos in particular;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEsLLrgHsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGYqBU6aWvQ

And really like this guy too;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUMHMuN_VJc&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Xyk3MS2o&t=2s

Hope that helps you to get some ideas. :o

Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA is recommended for blemishes and redness.

I've been using it about two weeks & definitely see an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Aeternum wrote: »
    I like the inglot under eye concealer, or the No7 one is nice if you prefer a lighter consistency! Meant to be a dupe for YSL touché eclat I think but I've never used that so can't compare them ☺️

Thanks a mill!! I'll definitely be giving those a try.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Just bought RCMA no colour powder and a back up The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid from the beauty bay,

I'm so bloody excited for the powder!!! Has anyone else used it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

GingerLily wrote: »
    Just bought RCMA no colour powder and a back up The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid from the beauty bay,

I'm so bloody excited for the powder!!! Has anyone else used it?

I use it and love it, the packaging is a pain in the arse though for getting the right amount out! I'm nearing the end of an Inglot powder so as soon as I've finished that I'm going to decant it into the pot with a sifter thing for handiness.

I got a voucher for Charlotte Tilbury for my birthday what do people reccommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

For those pale skinned ladies out there, Lancome teint idole foundation has finally come out with a shade paler than 005. 008 is cooler toned and paler than the previous palest shade. I just bought it last weekend and have been delighted with the colour match. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

For those pale skinned ladies out there, Lancome teint idole foundation has finally come out with a shade paler than 005. 008 is cooler toned and paler than the previous palest shade. I just bought it last weekend and have been delighted with the colour match. :D
    Oh great, I need a new foundation and I don't think I've ever tried Lancome. How do you find the foundation?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Scraggs wrote: »
    Oh great, I need a new foundation and I don't think I've ever tried Lancome. How do you find the foundation?

Well, I've oily combination skin and I've tried LOADS of foundations and I keep coming back to Lancome for wear time. It's medium-full coverage and doesn't cling to dry patches like some long wear foundations do. I'd get a sample of it and see how it works for you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Scraggs wrote: »
    I use it and love it, the packaging is a pain in the arse though for getting the right amount out! I'm nearing the end of an Inglot powder so as soon as I've finished that I'm going to decant it into the pot with a sifter thing for handiness.

I got a voucher for Charlotte Tilbury for my birthday what do people reccommend?

The only Charlotte Tilbury products that ive liked are her lipsticks, I absolutely love them, best lipsticks ive ever used and ive a big collection of everything from Essence, GOSH, Rimmel up to MAC, young blood, YSL and Chanel. Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks last ages, theyre not drying at all and the packaging looks beautiful, I especially like the square shaped bullets, they just work so well.

That being said her Magic foundation was the worst foundation ive ever used, so bad I practically begged brown thomas to give me a refund which they were kind enough to do. Her wonderglow was useless, thankfully I only got a sample. I find her products extremely hit and miss.

I finally tried out the illamasqua skin base foundation last night, and I have to admit I am surprised by how much I like it! It's medium to full coverage without feeling heavy or cakey on the skin at all. Photographs really well as well and still looked perfect when I got home at 4am! Very impressed. I got the shade 7.5 and its the perfect colour for when I've got tan on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Howayiz,

So a few weeks ago I recommended the Inglot gel eyeliner pot and just wanted to follow up on my review, and put a question to ye.

- Inglot Gel Eyeliner Review
    Colour wise, it's one of the best blacks I've ever used. Way sharper than the Bobbi Brown one i've been using.
    However, the staying power was woeful. When I laugh, I frequently weep (the best of all the tears). But the eyeliner would stream down my face and when dried, look completely pish.

- Primer Question
    I bought a Benefit Porefessional on eBay that turned out to be fake. Now in a surprise turn of events, it was waaaaay better than the real Porefessional! When I bought the real one at the airport I was massively disappointed that it did not have the clearing and mattifying effect the fake had! I can't wear it without foundation as it doesn't cover my pores, and I have very oily skin that looks oily come 11am.

So, can does anyone have any recommendations that colour-wise would be similar to the Porefessional, but far more mattifying?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

La_Gordy

I've tried porefessional and feel the same literally bare face come 11am. I like the maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser as it does exactly that re keeping make up on I use rimmel insta setting spray just after i apply the maybelline, i then use it after putting on my make up also and seems to be doing good so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

got a present of this Vichy product - http://www.vichy.co.uk/anti-ageing/peeling-idealia/p21240.aspx

Any feedback from people on it ?

• Advertisement

whatever76 wrote: »
    got a present of this Vichy product - http://www.vichy.co.uk/anti-ageing/peeling-idealia/p21240.aspx

Any feedback from people on it ?

I got a sample of it and wasn't gone on it tbh - didn't notice any difference to my skin! Although I love the serum from the same range.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Howayiz,

So a few weeks ago I recommended the Inglot gel eyeliner pot and just wanted to follow up on my review, and put a question to ye.

- Inglot Gel Eyeliner Review
    Colour wise, it's one of the best blacks I've ever used. Way sharper than the Bobbi Brown one i've been using.
    However, the staying power was woeful. When I laugh, I frequently weep (the best of all the tears). But the eyeliner would stream down my face and when dried, look completely pish.

- Primer Question
    I bought a Benefit Porefessional on eBay that turned out to be fake. Now in a surprise turn of events, it was waaaaay better than the real Porefessional! When I bought the real one at the airport I was massively disappointed that it did not have the clearing and mattifying effect the fake had! I can't wear it without foundation as it doesn't cover my pores, and I have very oily skin that looks oily come 11am.

So, can does anyone have any recommendations that colour-wise would be similar to the Porefessional, but far more mattifying?

I use the Inglot eye liner gel all the time and it never budges on my eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Has anyone tried the Liz Earl hot cloth Cleanser?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

See KVD is doing a meet and greet in debenhams 1-Apr :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

mejulie805 wrote: »

So excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I use the Inglot eye liner gel all the time and it never budges on my eyes!

Lucky! Are you using a primer or anything of the likes? I really really liked the colour so was disappointed when I kept laughing it all off.
    BeeMee_123 wrote: »
    La_Gordy

I've tried porefessional and feel the same literally bare face come 11am.

Cheers for the baby skin recommendation! What i liked about the fake porefessional was i didn't need to wear foundation at all and got compliments about how good my skin was looking. But may as well give baby skin a go :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mejulie805 wrote: »

I met her at the London launch, she's lovely! We got a few freebies in the queue too (mini KVD eyeliners, lipsticks and tote bags) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I met her at the London launch, she's lovely! We got a few freebies in the queue too (mini KVD eyeliners, lipsticks and tote bags) :D

From what time did you queue? I imagine quite early?

La_Gordy

For a lovely glow minus the foundation I found the PS Pro, penny's illuminating primer fab, was very surprised.

A step up again that I would use for work is the maybelline super stay primer, lovely glow and left my skin feeling really nice.

• Advertisement

This is Debenhams Dublin yes? I'd loveeee to meet her :)

Advertisement