Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

From what time did you queue? I imagine quite early?

Some girls camped overnight, no way was I doing that! I think I was there for about 10am and then queued for a few hours but we were grand, chatted in the queue and got the freebies and some hot chocolate too. They were also doing spot prizes if you posted pics to Instagram. To get a wrist band you had to buy a KVD product in the few days before she appeared.

Might be a different set up over there though - check the Debenhams Ireland FB page as we got our info from the UK one at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Has anyone tried the Liz Earl hot cloth Cleanser?

Religiously, every night with the toner spray. The change in my skin was obvious to me after about a week to be honest. I use the la Roche posey miscellar gel cleaner to remove the guts of my make up first then one pump of the Liz Earle after. Most people probably won't need to do that but I'd wear EL double wear foundation most days and I find this gives the most thorough cleanse without having to use a load of the Liz Earle stuff each time.

I have 6 of the cloths and could do with a few more to be honest though. I just use them once and then in to the wash they go. I think they're just regular muslin cloths though so you could probably pick them up anywhere for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Religiously, every night with the toner spray. The change in my skin was obvious to me after about a week to be honest. I use the la Roche posey miscellar gel cleaner to remove the guts of my make up first then one pump of the Liz Earle after. Most people probably won't need to do that but I'd wear EL double wear foundation most days and I find this gives the most thorough cleanse without having to use a load of the Liz Earle stuff each time.

I have 6 of the cloths and could do with a few more to be honest though. I just use them once and then in to the wash they go. I think they're just regular muslin cloths though so you could probably pick them up anywhere for a fraction of the price.

Thanks I bought the starter pack today, it has two cloths and a bottle of cleanser, I took my makeup off and cleansed like I usually do with coconut oil, my skin looked really clean but then gave it a hot cloth cleanse and was really surprised to see the dirt that came off my face. I'll keep using it every day but im not convinced it's any better than a regular cleanser that could be used with a hot cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

If anyone is looking to add a few mac bits I picked up this yeaterday.... Mac Look in a box
    http://www.brownthomas.com/brands/m-a-c/m-a-c-look-in-a-box/look-in-a-box--be-sweet-and-dreamy/77x1832xs4mc010000.html?cgid=mac-look-in-a-box&dwvar_77x1832xs4mc010000_color=Multi#start=1

All full size products! I thought it was a bargain for €59! And there is a few different ones to choose from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I'm using Essence Extreme Lasting eyeliner in Blacklove these days. It's nearly TOO good, in that it's difficult to remove! :o But it's brilliant if you want a really black black eyeliner that lasts all day and night with no fading or smudging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

fifi28 wrote: »
    If anyone is looking to add a few mac bits I picked up this yeaterday.... Mac Look in a box
    http://www.brownthomas.com/brands/m-a-c/m-a-c-look-in-a-box/look-in-a-box--be-sweet-and-dreamy/77x1832xs4mc010000.html?cgid=mac-look-in-a-box&dwvar_77x1832xs4mc010000_color=Multi#start=1

All full size products! I thought it was a bargain for €59! And there is a few different ones to choose from

Good spot - I now have my eye on the brush set for €59. It doesnt have everything I want but would be a good foundation to replacing certain brushes that I currently use, and with maybe one or two extras, could be pretty decent.

Good spot - I now have my eye on the brush set for €59. It doesnt have everything I want but would be a good foundation to replacing certain brushes that I currently use, and with maybe one or two extras, could be pretty decent.

Yeah brush set looks nice - I literally have no room for any more brushes :). The set I bought has an eye kohl pencil that apparently is a must must must have - its costa riche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

fifi28 wrote: »
    Yeah brush set looks nice - I literally have no room for any more brushes :). The set I bought has an eye kohl pencil that apparently is a must must must have - its costa riche

I hear you! I'm only going to buy them on the basis that some of my existing ones will be thrown out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

@fifi28 !! Stop enabling!!
    However, I had a look to see what other Mac boxes there were and the Be A Little Naughty box jumped out at me, I've been debating getting Ruby Woo for a while, and I've never used a Mac mascara, base or eyeliner before so tempted to try them out.
    And I'm passing through The Loop soon so I said I would check the pricing as there's a discount for spending over €90 online ( THELOOP10OFF90 )
    And it's more expensive on The Loop!! €63.75 in The Loop vs €59 in BT. I thought the Loop was supposed to be cheaper!!

http://www.brownthomas.com/brands/m-a-c/m-a-c-look-in-a-box/look-in-a-box--be-a-little-naughty/77x1832xs4me010000.html?cgid=mac-look-in-a-box&dwvar_77x1832xs4me010000_color=Multi#start=1
    https://www.theloop.ie/p/18989/look-in-a-box-be-a-little-naughty/129/1141

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    @fifi28 !! Stop enabling!!
    However, I had a look to see what other Mac boxes there were and the Be A Little Naughty box jumped out at me, I've been debating getting Ruby Woo for a while, and I've never used a Mac mascara, base or eyeliner before so tempted to try them out.
    And I'm passing through The Loop soon so I said I would check the pricing as there's a discount for spending over €90 online ( THELOOP10OFF90 )
    And it's more expensive on The Loop!! €63.75 in The Loop vs €59 in BT. I thought the Loop was supposed to be cheaper!!

http://www.brownthomas.com/brands/m-a-c/m-a-c-look-in-a-box/look-in-a-box--be-a-little-naughty/77x1832xs4me010000.html?cgid=mac-look-in-a-box&dwvar_77x1832xs4me010000_color=Multi#start=1
    https://www.theloop.ie/p/18989/look-in-a-box-be-a-little-naughty/129/1141

:) sorry not sorry. Yeah I was having a look at the loop myself coz my daughter is travelling through the airport today but was shocked to see them actually dearer! I contemplated the naught set with the ruby woo but Im such a bore and know I would never wear the lippy so went with the sweet one. Have the kinda sexy lippy on today and I actualky love it more than i thought i would. Its bright but still nude if you know what i mean. I bought spice liner and velvet teddy aswell and the liner works with both lippys :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone here ever used anything by The Ordinary skincare brand? I bought a few (6...., 2 are yet to arrive) bits from them recently that arrived today but not sure what order to use them in and how to fit them in to my current routine. Routine at the moment is miscellar gel to remove make up, Liz Earle hot cloth cleanse and polish, Liz Earle toner all over and then aveeno ultra calming moisturiser. Any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Has anyone here ever used anything by The Ordinary skincare brand? I bought a few (6...., 2 are yet to arrive) bits from them recently that arrived today but not sure what order to use them in and how to fit them in to my current routine. Routine at the moment is miscellar gel to remove make up, Liz Earle hot cloth cleanse and polish, Liz Earle toner all over and then aveeno ultra calming moisturiser. Any help would be appreciated!

The general advice is:

Cleanse
    Chemical/Physical Exfoliant
    Water Based Solutions
    Serums
    Oils/Creams

So based on this:

Cleanse
    Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
    Caffeine Gel 5% + EGCG
    Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
    Moisturiser and or Argan Oil

I haven't included the Liz Earle Toner as this confuses me. Toner usually indicates some kind of treatment or exfoliant but this contains oil which should mean it goes last. Maybe someone who uses this can advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Michellenman

Was just looking at the below. Think im going to give them a go too :)

http://theordinary.com/regimenguide

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Has anyone here ever used anything by The Ordinary skincare brand?

I have a few bits on the way at the moment - were they delivered by an post or a courier company? I got a few things from the anti-ageing sample plan.

I have a few bits on the way at the moment - were they delivered by an post or a courier company? I got a few things from the anti-ageing sample plan.

I ordered from Asos for the free delivery and a student discount and they arrived by fastway courier. Asos don't hold the full range though so ordered two other products from beauty bay which have yet to arrive.

Thanks a mil for the help re the routine. I just gave it the first go there. If I don't wake up tomorrow looking like I've had 24 hours sleep and a face lift I won't be happy :pac:

As a matter of interest how long between applying each product should I wait for it to log in? I used the 4 products tonight with about a minute between each and when applying the argon oil it felt like the other product started to 'ball' on my skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I posted my regime a few pages back.

I'll try to find it & quote for you.

It's probably more than needed but so far my skin looks radiant!!! (and I'm 50!) :rolleyes:

Found it!
    keredern wrote: »
    Thought I'd post my current skincare routine which seems to be having great results.

Morning routine

Superdrug Hot Cloth Vitamin E Cleanser
    PIXI Glow Tonic
    NIOD Fractionated Eye-Contour Concentrate
    Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
    Buffet
    100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil
    Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
    Mineral Fusion Intense Hydration Face Cream

Evening routine

Botanics Eye Makeup Remover
    Superdrug Hot Cloth Vitamin E Cleanser
    PIXI Glow Tonic
    NIOD Fractionated Eye-Contour Concentrate
    Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
    Buffet
    Jojoba Balancing Oil
    Mineral Fusion Intense Hydration Face Cream

Night routine

PIXI Cleansing wipe
    Non branded Lidl eye cream
    Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
    100% Plant-Derived Squalane
    Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F
    Superdrug Vitamin E Oil
    Aldi Expert Night Cream

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

I used the 4 products tonight with about a minute between each and when applying the argon oil it felt like the other product started to 'ball' on my skin?

Anything that is a suspension (like the Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%) will be prone to do that I have found just from liquid drying from the suspension and leaving the product. The only thing I have found to help is apply a thin layer and wait between that and a moisturiser/oil for like 5 mins.

I've also started using the Vitamin C 23% in my evening routine before the Hyaluronic Acid.

My skin has improved even more.

Today my makeup looked incredible!

I NEVER think I look ok, so to have seen my face today in the mirror at lunchtime literally glowing was amazing! :eek: :o:o

The Ordinary has transformed my skin from being just awful to looking plump, fresh, healthy, and glowing.

I am so grateful! :o

I ordered from Asos for the free delivery and a student discount and they arrived by fastway courier. Asos don't hold the full range though so ordered two other products from beauty bay which have yet to arrive.

Thanks a mil for the help re the routine. I just gave it the first go there. If I don't wake up tomorrow looking like I've had 24 hours sleep and a face lift I won't be happy :pac:

As a matter of interest how long between applying each product should I wait for it to log in? I used the 4 products tonight with about a minute between each and when applying the argon oil it felt like the other product started to 'ball' on my skin?

You can order directly from http://deciem.com/ and it's free delivery over €25.

The 'pilling' can be because the previous product(s) has/ve not absorbed fully.

There can be other reasons too.

Here's an interesting article which offers some explanation and advice.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/185083-how-to-prevent-product-pilling-from-ruining-your-beauty-routine

• Advertisement

You're all so helpful, thanks a mil!

You're all so helpful, thanks a mil!

I know, this is a brilliant forum & thread!

I've learned (& bought!) so much because of the great advice on here! :D

Thanks everyone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

keredern wrote: »
    I've also started using the Vitamin C 23% in my evening routine before the Hyaluronic Acid.

My skin has improved even more.

Today my makeup looked incredible!

I NEVER think I look ok, so to have seen my face today in the mirror at lunchtime literally glowing was amazing! :eek: :o:o

The Ordinary has transformed my skin from being just awful to looking plump, fresh, healthy, and glowing.

I am so grateful! :o

I didn't know what to use after the vitamin c so I've been using it alone a few times a week at night.
    How long do you leave it to dry? I find it takes ages to soak in to my skin!

I didn't know what to use after the vitamin c so I've been using it alone a few times a week at night.
    How long do you leave it to dry? I find it takes ages to soak in to my skin!

Yeah, it does take a few minutes!

And I'm impatient!! Lol

But I don't usually have any 'pilling' using the products after it...except sometimes after applying the oil.

I find if I avoid touching my face & neck until the oil, etc. has absorbed, I don't get the balling up all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Anyone know if Debenhams will be getting the new Too Faced Natural Love eyeshadow palette?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Anyone know what the MAC Gift with Purchase is? On BT website.

MsQuinn wrote: »

When I bought in store last week it was a teeny sample mascara and a primer. You'd prob get two uses out of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

MsQuinn wrote: »

When I bought in store last week it was a teeny sample mascara and a primer. You'd prob get two uses out of each.

I bought two items last Sunday and got nothing :(
    Mac Velvet Teddy lipstick and Mac fix +

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

NYX Lip Lingerie in Embellishment. I got it in Boots today. Feels lovely on and the colour is gorgeous.
    cfcd3abbdc5f4bb7c4305a58268b1898.jpg

Photo from @makeupbyalanah on instagram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Recently redecorated my bathroom and after painting over all the random fake tan stains my other half has banned spray on products for the foreseeable future.

So I'm on the hunt for an extremely dark tan, either lotion or mouse in formation (no sprays).

Anyone have any recommendations? What's everyone's favourites??

Advertisement