Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Recently redecorated my bathroom and after painting over all the random fake tan stains my other half has banned spray on products for the foreseeable future.

So I'm on the hunt for an extremely dark tan, either lotion or mouse in formation (no sprays).

Anyone have any recommendations? What's everyone's favourites??

A friend of mine loves a good dark tan and swears by the Bellamianta mousse! She also tried out the new Bondi Sands Ultra Dark foam last week and thought it was fab!

I prefer a less dark tan and use the Bondi Sands dry oil or TanOrganic!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Found these two reviews on The Ordinary;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRiepdcnD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3liyftafw

The lady seems to really know her stuff and gives some really good advice for the various products, perfect for anyone like myself who hasn't a clue!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Aeternum wrote: »
    A friend of mine loves a good dark tan and swears by the Bellamianta mousse! She also tried out the new Bondi Sands Ultra Dark foam last week and thought it was fab!

I prefer a less dark tan and use the Bondi Sands dry oil or TanOrganic!

The bellamianta is good and quite dark. Wears off well too not too patchy. I also like vita liberata but it's quite expensive (47 per bottle) and the wear off can be a bit patchy if you've any dryness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

GingerLily wrote: »
    I bought two items last Sunday and got nothing :(
    Mac Velvet Teddy lipstick and Mac fix +

You had to have a Brown Thomas reward card I think? It was the weekend of Feb 25th now that I think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

MsQuinn wrote: »
    Anyone know what the MAC Gift with Purchase is? On BT website.

It's a Tendertalk tinted lip balm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I think the beauty forum needs a dedicated skincare thread! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Could anyone recommend somewhere / someone in Dublin to go to for acne? I am at my wits end with how ****ty my skin is, I'm nearly 25 :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just seen a Kiko store - will be free in about an hour to browse it.

Quick!! Throw me some suggestions / must haves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

In Ireland?! Their nail polishes are great, water eyeshadow in 208 is a fab eyeshadow/highlighter! Now they've changed the packaging so I'm not sure of this one but it looks like the same colour - Rhododendron Pink is a really wearable pink, I always get asked what I'm wearing when I use it! http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-ie/make-up/lips/lipsticks/Unlimited-Double-Touch-101/p-KM0020102311044#menu

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Could anyone recommend somewhere / someone in Dublin to go to for acne? I am at my wits end with how ****ty my skin is, I'm nearly 25 :(:(

I've been using Biotrade Acne Out for the last few weeks and have noticed a massive difference in my skin, I ordered the 3 parts individually (hydro active, the lotion and soap) on amazon for €35 using parcel motel - here's a link for the set on Meaghers

https://www.meagherspharmacy.ie/acneout-66460/

It was hard enough to find reviews on it but I knew a few people who had bad acne who used it and found it worked great so I tried it and It's seems to be doing the job!

Edit : reread that and realised you were looking for a place recommendation - ignore my post - sorry ! 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Go to a GP and get a referral to a dermatologist. I was in the same boat as you a few years ago. When you get to that age and you have bad acne it's not because of not washing your face etc, it's because of hormones.
    I went to Dr rosemary coleman in the Blackrock clinic dublin. She has a waiting list but if you get a referral you might be lucky enough to get a cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

I had two bad bouts with acne, one at age 22 and one at age 26. It's awful, I sympathize.

Both times I went to a GP and got a prescription for Retin-A, it sorted it right out and I've not had any issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

cactusgal wrote: »
    I had two bad bouts with acne, one at age 22 and one at age 26. It's awful, I sympathize.

Both times I went to a GP and got a prescription for Retin-A, it sorted it right out and I've not had any issues since.

One GP also prescribed a course of antibiotics as well. This was in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

You can of course go to your GP but I had my acne at the same age as you and wanted immediate results. I was beyond fed up and was even worse because it was cystic acne on my jawline.
    I have the most wonderful GP but her words to me were "what i know the dermatologist would have forgotten". By that she meant that the consultant is an expert in a very specific area whereas her knowledge is more general.
    I needed two courses of roaccutane but all is brilliant at the minute thank God!
    Don't suffer if it can be sorted quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Hey guys - I was away at the weekend and spied a Kiko store, I didn't realise there was one there or I would have done my homework before I went.

So I quickly ran around the store and picked up a few things:
    Brown eye pencil in the shade 12 Wood- wearing it this morning, so far so good.
    http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-ie/make-up/eyes/eye-pencils/Lasting-Precision-Automatic-Eyeliner-And-Kh%C3%B4l-01/p-KM0030302500133

http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-ie/make-up/eyes/eyeshadows/Long-Lasting-Stick-Eyeshadow-01/p-KM0030600300100 in the shades 04 Golden chocolate and 05 Rosey Brown. Not sure will I get much use from these but the Rosey Brown shade is very nice.

Two lip pencils in 508 candy rose and 512 strawberry pink
    http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-ie/make-up/lips/lip-pencils/Smart-Fusion-Lip-Pencil-501/p-KM0020301350144

Unlimited stylo lipstick in the shade 10 strawberry red - it doesn't look this bright IRL. Love the design of the packaging.
    http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-ie/make-up/lips/lipsticks/New-Unlimited-Stylo-02/p-KM0020102500244

Ultra gloss stylo in the shade 807 Red coral.
    http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-ie/make-up/lips/lipsticks/Ultra-Glossy-Stylo-SPF-15---800/p-KM0020101080044

I could have bought way more lipsticks but many of the shades I swatched I couldn't find in stock on the stand. Also there was such a selection of eyeshadows and lipsticks I didn't really know where to begin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Uuugh I love Kiko - so sad that they're not in Ireland :(

I got to a conference in Barcelona with work every year and there is a Kiko in the shopping center next to the venue - I love stocking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hungergamer

The Kiko primers, eyeliner marker and luxurious lashes mascaras are my go to products! I always stock up when I am on hols!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Love Kiko as well - the makeup feels more premium than the price suggests and you can buy loads! Love their lippies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Anyone here have the ABH Renaissance palette and the Huda Rose Gold palette? I have the ABH and am very tempted by the Huda one but some of the colours look to be quite similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I have the Huda one! Just bought the ABH but haven't received it yet!! 🙈 Won't have it for few weeks so can't show you the difference! Love the Huda one find the glitters kinda hard to use but like most of them not gone on the yellow/gold but I think used lightly might be ok! It just not does suit my skin tone!! Love all the mattes they are really blendable and v pigmented! Read a review that the black was bad but mine is really pigmented!

If you do buy it watch for customs! I got it of the Huda beauty site! Shipping was $18 so I got a lip colour for $20 and then got free shipping!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Has anyone used any of those black peeling masks that seem to be everywhere these days (on social media anyway)?

Are they all the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AshleySawyer

I love that idea. I actually wanted a tutorial like that. It will help me with how I use my cosmetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

PopTarts wrote: »
    Has anyone used any of those black peeling masks that seem to be everywhere these days (on social media anyway)?

Are they all the same?

My friends used them and said they pulled out all the hairs on their faces :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

PopTarts wrote: »

Are they all the same?

Tried a sample from a friend. Pulled nothing but the hairs off my face bad left it red.
    Absolute torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I've heard people getting good results with those black face masks but you have to open your pores before applying so it can actually get in to pull out any blackheads etc. So maybe that was the issue? Anyway I'm curious to try one, the videos on instagram of people using them are weirdly satisfying !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Got th be L'Oréal Low Shampoo and I really like it, it's basically washing your hair with conditioner but my hair is so soft using it :)

It would be amazing if they did a 100ml or less size for airplane travel, I don't even need a serum with it so is really handy for a night or two away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

GingerLily wrote: »
    Got th be L'Oréal Low Shampoo and I really like it, it's basically washing your hair with conditioner but my hair is so soft using it :)

It would be amazing if they did a 100ml or less size for airplane travel, I don't even need a serum with it so is really handy for a night or two away!!

You could always decant some into a 100ml bottle. Boots sell them, though I can't find them on their site.

Here's a link to the type of bottle in Muji.

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=18&Sub=78&PID=6941

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Dealz and Penny's have the travel bottle at the moms also - pack of 4 various bottles incl a spray one. Good Value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not strictly a cosmetic purchase but I got one of the little plastic drawer units in Penneys today, the ones for holding make up or jewellery etc, reduced from €4 to €1.
    My earrings have never looked more organised!
    They still have loads in the Galway city centre store, and a few of the clear perspex ones for holding brushes too (pretty sure they're the same price).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Few new purchases....
    Mac pro longwear foundation and concealer - loving both, i got nw15 in the foundation and really like the colour. Ive been using doublewear up to now and mixing two shades to get the colour i wanted but couldnt justify the 80 quid to replace both so delighted i got a nice shade in mac and really like the finish of the foundation. The concealer is also fab!

Mac skin finish natural in shade light plus - i dont usually set my face with powder but this is really a lovely finishing powder, sits lovely on the skin and not at all powdery looking

Laura Mercier secret brightening powder for under eye - oh my god why did i not know about this sooner!!!! I usually set my under eye with a loose powder (using no7 translucent up to now) and I was never happy with how dry my under eye looked and how it accentuated my fine lines but this stuff is just magic! Just gives a perfect finish and you only need to use the tiniest amount. If I dont set my concealer my mascara/eyeliner usually ends up smudged under my eyes after a couple of hours!

When I went to harvey nics to buy the Laura Mercier I spotted her candleglow finishing powder and I went back and bought it today oops :), havnt used it yet but I did swatch it and it seems so sheer and soft

Advertisement