Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

NYX all the way! They seem to be the only budget brand with coloured liners! Pity really as I like to use them too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got a fab metallic teal from Max Factor, and have a few from Urban Decay - a bit more expensive but the blues are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Any recommendations for coloured mascara? Thinking if a teal blue on the lower lashes for festival season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

GingerLily wrote: »
    Any recommendations for coloured mascara? Thinking if a teal blue on the lower lashes for festival season!

Collection do some if you're near a Boots or Superdrug. Barry M used too, but I think they were discontinued.

http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Eye-Makeup/Mascara/Collection-Colour-Lash-Mascara-Blue-4/p/455500

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Has anyone tried the Neutrogena Led face mask gadget? I was working locum in a clinic that had a Dermalux machine and used it regularly and saw a huge improvement on my skin. Now obviously it's not going to be medi grade strength but wondering is it worth a shot? I've only seen #spons reviews so I don't know who to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Rimmel for sure! Bourjois also.
    I can't seem to find any coloured liquid eyeliners any more! Used to like using purples, pinks, silvers, turquoises occasionally for a change (not for everyday wear), I've been looking the past couple of days, but nothing! Plenty of pencils but no liquids. Any suggestions? Obviously I'd rather not spend much when I only use them rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I can't seem to find any coloured liquid eyeliners any more! Used to like using purples, pinks, silvers, turquoises occasionally for a change (not for everyday wear), I've been looking the past couple of days, but nothing! Plenty of pencils but no liquids. Any suggestions? Obviously I'd rather not spend much when I only use them rarely.

Nyx, Rimmel and I think Maybelline released a new coloured liner range recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Was at a mini masterclass today and picked up a few bits.
    Got the cleanse off mitt. Had my eye out for one so picked it up when I saw it. First impressions are good, will take a few more used before I make up my mind whether it's better than a facecloth. Mind you I did take off the majority of my make up with micellar water, I had heavy enough foundation on and I wanted my face to be properly clean! Anyone have any reviews on the mitt? I only found out nima brushes had a very similar mitt out before her.

Also picked up a few flormar bits- the loose powder and radiance primer! Needed a loose powder, and loved the look of the primer. I have the other one, think it's illuminating, and the radiance one thankfully doesn't share that smell! It is awful runny though.

Also picked up a tube of Dr PawPaw. Never tried it before but heard rave reviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

The cleanse off mitt is good for make up removal but like any make up remover you still need to cleanse your skin after.

It's much better than a facecloth, it's not harsh, it doesn't scrub at your skin and you wash it with soap after each use so it's ready for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Just for anyone that likes dupes, the "cleanse off mitt" is just a copy/rebranding of the microfibre cloths that are commonly used in Asia. You can pick them up on ebay for cents. I got the cleanse off mitt in a goodie bag and it's the exact same albeit a different colour to ones I bought for 20c. Fair play to The Skin Nerd for marketing though she seems to be doing quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Scraggs wrote: »
    Just for anyone that likes dupes, the "cleanse off mitt" is just a copy/rebranding of the microfibre cloths that are commonly used in Asia. You can pick them up on ebay for cents. I got the cleanse off mitt in a goodie bag and it's the exact same albeit a different colour to ones I bought for 20c. Fair play to The Skin Nerd for marketing though she seems to be doing quite well.

Interesting, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Penneys are also selling the same cloths in packs of 3 for €4. I picked them up in Mary st branch last weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 chickfreak.com

Last week i bought at Penneys PS micellar water and its really work for me and it is cheap. What else should i try from PS?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up this set in Sephora with 10% off.

All About Face by BeautyBlender, love my sensitive BB so figured this set was a great way to get another one and try some of their other sponges.

http://www.sephora.com/all-about-face-by-beautyblender-P415930?skuId=1894971

s1894971-main-Lhero.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Picked up this set in Sephora with 10% off.

All About Face by BeautyBlender, love my sensitive BB so figured this set was a great way to get another one and try some of their other sponges.

http://www.sephora.com/all-about-face-by-beautyblender-P415930?skuId=1894971

s1894971-main-Lhero.jpg

That's a great kit :) love the solid cleansers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Penny's mascara is seriously amazing! Its the sliver tube one, about €3.50. Its the best one I have used in terms of lengthening them. They make them full, but at times a tad bit clumpy but that's only if u over coat them. It is a heavy mascara but for the length it gives my lashes its worth it. Have purchased 2/3 more tubes since ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

neonsofa wrote: »
    That's a great kit :) love the solid cleansers
    I am converted to the solid cleansers too, I haven't tried the original BB one but I picked up the Penneys version last week and used it, I absolutely love it.

Only €2.50 and it took every stitch of make up of my BB. I even tried it with some brushes (foundation, eye and a blusher one) and it left them spotless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

got a present of this oil today - http://www.modernbotany.com/ v- Any feedback and what best use for it being multi purpose ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Penneys are also selling the same cloths in packs of 3 for €4. I picked them up in Mary st branch last weekend.

I've also bought good quality ones in TK Maxx from time to time, although I know you can't really rely on every TK Maxx to have these in stock all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

whatever76 wrote: »
    got a present of this oil today - http://www.modernbotany.com/ v- Any feedback and what best use for it being multi purpose ?!

Love to know too. Seen.it been mentioned a few times in the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Bought some of the cleansing cloths today, and a pack of cleansing mitts with a waffle texture on one side that should be good for gentle exfoliation.
    Also picked up a bottle of the PS micellar water as I still haven't found one I really like - using a Boots Botanics one at the moment and it's grand but I feel I need an awful lot of it to remove a small amount of makeup.
    Anyone ever tried the M2 Beaute vitamin c facial nano spray? It's an exorbitantly expensive (€89 for 75ml) product that I won in an evoke.ie competition and don't quite know what to make of it! I spray it on before my moisturiser morning and night, think I'm on day 5 now, and I think my skin looks brighter and the pores on my nose smaller, and I think my hormonal breakout is clearing up better than usual, but it's hard to know!
    Anyone know what I should expect from such a product, or whether I'm using it correctly?!

Tried the cleanse off mitt to take off my make up with just water and to be fair it did take off the majority of it. I don't think I'd give up my cleanser though, my face doesn't "feel clean" if you get me.
    My friend has both the mitt and the penneys version, and said the penneys version are grand they're just a bit rougher. I think I'll pick them up when I see them, they're not in my local penneys. I wouldn't mind the roughness, can't be much different to a regular face cloth and I'm not that precious :D

Bought a garnier face mask last week in boots, was on offer at the till. (I'm a merchandisers dream!) It's the volcano clay one. Gave it a bash today. It claimed to minimise the look of pores, not too sure what it did to mine but my face did feel lovely and clean after! Need to try a few more face masks, I'm a big fan of the sheet ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Tried the cleanse off mitt to take off my make up with just water and to be fair it did take off the majority of it. I don't think I'd give up my cleanser though, my face doesn't "feel clean" if you get me.
    My friend has both the mitt and the penneys version, and said the penneys version are grand they're just a bit rougher. I think I'll pick them up when I see them, they're not in my local penneys. I wouldn't mind the roughness, can't be much different to a regular face cloth and I'm not that precious :D

Bought a garnier face mask last week in boots, was on offer at the till. (I'm a merchandisers dream!) It's the volcano clay one. Gave it a bash today. It claimed to minimise the look of pores, not too sure what it did to mine but my face did feel lovely and clean after! Need to try a few more face masks, I'm a big fan of the sheet ones.

The cleanse off mitt isn't meant to replace your cleanser, it's basically a precleanse.

The cleanse off mitt isn't meant to replace your cleanser, it's basically a precleanse.

I know that now :D, but the skin nerd had said you could use it without cleanser if you were feeling lazy. Which could be handy when you're coming in after a night out. Was also told to me by a make up artist that it could replace cleanser, which I take is bad advice

Got the Nars Creamy Concealer that everyone seems to rave about! €30 so better be fabulous, will give it a test drive on the weekend.

I picked up a new Beauty Blender at the Benefit charity pop up shop, only a tenner and donations to two good Irish charities. My old one is getting a bit raggy :)

Repurchased the Urban Decay Perversion mascara, still a quality product! I also got the new Mac Factor 2000 Calorie mascara with curved brush, and I have to say it's brill.

Also picked up the Anastasia BH Renaissance Palette, a friend kindly got it for me in Sephora. I LOVE the colours but my god is there some fall out from the shadow. I now know why the beauty bloggers are doing eyes first and foundation last! Really happy with it apart from that though, I got loads of compliments on my make up on Saturday night :)

Aaaand that's me done until I go through the airport in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What's this about a 10e beauty blender? Is it still available?

GingerLily wrote: »
    What's this about a 10e beauty blender? Is it still available?

Afraid not! I got it in Benefit's pop up that was only open for 3 days https://lovindublin.com/feature/benefit-are-hosting-an-all-pink-pop-up-today-in-dublin-city-centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Just to report back, I went with the NYX in Violet and love it, want it in aaalllllllll the colours now!!! :D

What else would ye recommend by NYX ... it's not a brand I've used before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Bought the Bourjois Healthy Mix and while the colour is lovely it gets a bit shinny after about 6 hours and needs some powder applied. Where as my double wear will last all day without any top up.

Have also been using the new Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara and i find it only ok. It would be more a daytime mascara than a going out mascara for me. The brush is lovely but the mascara itself is kinda runny-ish i find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Lead wrote: »
    Bought the Bourjois Healthy Mix and while the colour is lovely it gets a bit shinny after about 6 hours and needs some powder applied. Where as my double wear will last all day without any top up.

Have also been using the new Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara and i find it only ok. It would be more a daytime mascara than a going out mascara for me. The brush is lovely but the mascara itself is kinda runny-ish i find.

You cant compare Healthy mix and double wear, one is a moisturising foundation meant to give a light natural coverage, the other is camouflage makeup for oily skin. Theyre both made for entirely different purposes and skin types.

Advertisement