Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

You cant compare Healthy mix and double wear, one is a moisturising foundation meant to give a light natural coverage, the other is camouflage makeup for oily skin. Theyre both made for entirely different purposes.

I understand this. The reviews i read did compare them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just bought the La Roche Posay Redermic C moisturiser. Does anyone here use it and how do you incorporate it into your routine?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Looking for advice with when I am supposed to use The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension +HA Spheres in a routine? In the evening, I normally cleanse my face and use Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa as my moisturiser. Just looking to brighten my skin bc it's looking a bit dull. Should I use the Ordinary before or after my moisturiser.. It says on their website to use after water solutions, but I don't know if that means after my moisturiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Looking for advice with when I am supposed to use The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension +HA Spheres in a routine? In the evening, I normally cleanse my face and use Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa as my moisturiser. Just looking to brighten my skin bc it's looking a bit dull. Should I use the Ordinary before or after my moisturiser.. It says on their website to use after water solutions, but I don't know if that means after my moisturiser?

Serums go on before moisturisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Parchment wrote: »
    Serums go on before moisturisers.

That's what I've done the last two nights! Not doing too badly so. Thanks very much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

You should also use a Vitamin E oil as these two work very well together!

Stephanie Nicole (excellent Youtuber) recommends using Vitamin C in the morning as it works extremely well with any SPF product.

I use mine in the AM directly after using 100% Plant-Derived Squalane which helps it to absorb. I pat the Vit C on with my finger tips, followed by Superdrug's own brand Vit E oil.

The Vit C is suspended in squalane so using the 100% Plant-Derived Squalane doesn't affect its efficacy.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Does anyone know if the new brand JOKO is any relation to KIKO?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Lead wrote: »
    I understand this. The reviews i read did compare them tho.

DW is also about 3 times the price of the Bourjois one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

GingerLily wrote: »
    What's this about a 10e beauty blender? Is it still available?

Lidl had a version for ?2.49. It is a quality dupe. Miomare is the brand. Best budget one in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Recently bought the new soap and glory dry shampoo...I woke up the next morning wondering to myself what that lovely smell was when it dawned on me it was that original pink soap and glory scent. It seems this brand can do no wrong where I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

I tried the Dealz version of the beauty blender and its amazing!!! Wasnt expecting much tbh as the penneys ones are too hard even after soaking them in water. The dealz one is very comparable to the real techniques one (although more comparable shape wise to the beauty blender) but in my opinion is better and for 1.50 you might as well try it! Always out of stock in my local dealz so that must say something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I would always take what the big beauty bloggers have to say with a pinch of salt. But I got the wet n wild photofocus foundation and wow. :o
    I used mac prolongwear for years, but wanted to try/find something different. I've tried inglot HD, Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation and Armani Luminous Silk most recently which i really don't like at all. But wow the wet n wild foundation for 6.99 is absolutely stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

peekachoo wrote: »
    I would always take what the big beauty bloggers have to say with a pinch of salt. But I got the wet n wild photofocus foundation and wow. :o
    I used mac prolongwear for years, but wanted to try/find something different. I've tried inglot HD, Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation and Armani Luminous Silk most recently which i really don't like at all. But wow the wet n wild foundation for 6.99 is absolutely stunning!

Where did you pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

peekachoo wrote: »

I've been using the Wet n Wild primer recently too and I find it really nice! I think it was about 4-5euro in Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Where did you pick it up?

Small pharmacy in cork city, haven't seen it anywhere else so far!

I just purchased the Fleur-de-force Mac lipstick, it's a bit like velvet teddy but creme sheen formula and a tiny bit warmer.
    I really love the colour of velvet teddy but matte lipstick just isn't practical for work for me so hoping I get on well with this. Fingers crossed it works out for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

whatever76 wrote: »
    got a present of this oil today - http://www.modernbotany.com/ v- Any feedback and what best use for it being multi purpose ?!

Hiya , was wondering How did you get on with this oil?

Gutted I didn't get Fleur's lippy! I'm an actual Fleur fan girl how cringe. It looks so nice. It's sold out already in my local BT and the website

anna080 wrote: »
    Gutted I didn't get Fleur's lippy! I'm an actual Fleur fan girl how cringe. It looks so nice. It's sold out already in my local BT and the website

Really? There were some in grafton street, maybe give them a ring and do a phone order?

Really? There were some in grafton street, maybe give them a ring and do a phone order?

Good shout! Will do that, ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I was mad to get Fleur's lipstick but didn't get my hands on it either. I wanted to go to the event next week but missed out on that as well. Raging. :mad: Turns out BT weren't selling the tickets at all, Eventbrite were. :mad:

I picked up these recently. :) Loving the hand cream :)

Ted Baker Pink Hand Cream http://www.boots.ie/ted-baker-pink-hand-cream-10193077

10193077?id=-Klmv1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

Ted Baker Pink Body Wash 200ml http://www.boots.ie/ted-baker-pink-body-wash-200ml-10195147

10195147?id=-Klmv1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anyone know a good website to buy Tarte cosmetics from? I was just about to order off the main site when I realised they were charging €18 shipping which is outrageous! Google isn't being helpful so does anyone know of any Irish/UK stockists?

A friend just came back from the US and is raving about the clay brow gel and shape tape contouring concealer so naturally I need both in my hands at this very minute or I might die :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Anyone know a good website to buy Tarte cosmetics from? I was just about to order off the main site when I realised they were charging €18 shipping which is outrageous! Google isn't being helpful so does anyone know of any Irish/UK stockists?

A friend just came back from the US and is raving about the clay brow gel and shape tape contouring concealer so naturally I need both in my hands at this very minute or I might die :o

QVC sell it. Don't blame me when you spend all your money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I bought Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Penelope Pink, wore it to an interview yesterday and when I left the interview and looked in a bathroom mirror the lipstick had separated and caked all along the corners and inner part of my lips. Absolute nightmare, it was so noticeable!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Just back from the US and of course no visit would be compete without a trip to Sephora. I picked up a fair bit of stuff, mainly brands which are difficult to get in Ireland to try out.

Tarte mini lip paints in Rosé and Fomo (came in a two pack so no idea which is which as names aren't on the bottles)

Tarte rainforest of the sea II eye palette. Shades are lovely and cool, I have a few of the UD warmer palettes so this is a bit different for me (fractionally different like hahah, they're all still shades of brown really!)

tarte_vol2rainforestpalette002.jpg

Urban decay vice lipstick in Insanity. A very warm orangey toned nude. I'm definitely a pink or red lip girl day to day so this is very out of my comfort zone but a friend uses it and it looks fab so worth a shot!

dsc06766.png

Tarte tease - 6 mini shade palette. Love this already, colours are great for me for a normal day and very little fall out. Can see this becoming a staple in my handbag makeup bag.

746.jpg

Got a mini bottles of UD perversion mascara and too faced better than sex mascara to try out. I'm picky when it comes to mascara so so was reluctant to shell out for full size and then not like them. So far I like the UD a lot. Find the too faced needs 3 or 4 coats to get any sort of definition though which I just can't be arsed with.

Grabbed a bottle of Clinique take off the day cleanser. UNREAL. I normally use a micellar gel to remove my make up and then Liz Earle hot cloth after but this will defo replace the micellar gel, smells gorgeous too.

Also picked up a lot of the Sephora own brand stuff to try out, mainly all of the sleep face masks, lip balms, liquid illuminators, blushes, nail polishes. All nice enough but nothing outstanding really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

^^^ so envious. Looks a great haul. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Ahhh I've just found out that I'm going to the US with work in July - I'm hoping to stay an extra day or two and get some shopping in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Ahhh I've just found out that I'm going to the US with work in July - I'm hoping to stay an extra day or two and get some shopping in :)

Start saving, lucky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Start saving, lucky!!

Ha, stop! I'm gonna be a disaster and I'm not even sorry :p

Havent been to the US for nearly 3 years so I reckon I'm due a blowout :) The above post about the Sephora haul has be so excited!

• Advertisement

Ugh I would kill for a trip to Sephora!!! Would easily spend the guts of a day in there mooching around.
    Any plans for a U.K. one any time soon?

Advertisement