Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

There was chat about it for a while but plans have been shelved apparently.

Gutted, I live just outside London so would've loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I would kill for a trip to a Sephora store, hope you have a ball in the states SM :)

I got a sample of the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation, hope its good. I've dry skin so not sure how it will work but sure I'll find out soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Has anyone tried Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse face and body dry oil? Is it worth the money? I saw that boots have sold out and won't be restocking.

Has anyone tried Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse face and body dry oil? Is it worth the money? I saw that boots have sold out and won't be restocking.

I have, its okay, nothing special, it has a gorgeous scent though but, very perfumed so you would only need a small bit of it and I definitely wouldn't wear perfume with it.

I have, its okay, nothing special, it has a gorgeous scent though but, very perfumed so you would only need a small bit of it and I definitely wouldn't wear perfume with it.

Thanks, I love anything with a nice scent, I might give it a try. Does the smell last throughout the day or does it wear off after a short time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Thanks, I love anything with a nice scent, I might give it a try. Does the smell last throughout the day or does it wear off after a short time?

I have it on since this morning, still can smell it.

I like it, makes my skin lovely and soft. I use it as a hair treatment too.

La.de.da wrote: »
    I have it on since this morning, still can smell it.

I like it, makes my skin lovely and soft. I use it as a hair treatment too.

Thanks, ill buy it now, it sounds very nice. x

The scent lasts throughout the day, its gorgeous it really is.

Personally, I love it for the scent alone, I don't think its moisturising or anything though but it is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've been using a Wet n Wild primer since the start of this week. I hadn't giving it much hope, thought it wouldn't really do anything. I find the opening/nozzle is too wide and dispenses too much product. But I've found that after I've applied it and left it to dry in, my skin feels lovely and silky.
    http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/face/primer/photofocus-face-primer.html#sm.001sux0iv12gpdq0yjl1p0ajtgd1q

I've also been using the Wet n Wild photo focus foundation. The shade I picked up is a bit dark for me, especially since I scrubbed off the remains of my tan last night. It leaves a lovely finish on the skin but I'm finding that it seems to settle into my frown lines on my forehead once I apply powder. I didn't think my frown lines were that bad and I really must drink more water!
    http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/face/foundation/photo-focus-foundation.html#sm.001sux0iv12gpdq0yjl1p0ajtgd1q

Actually powder of late is also Wet n Wild. It leaves my skin feeling silky but does look powdery if that makes sense!
    http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/face/powder/coverall-pressed-powder-light-medium-coverall-pressed-powder.html#sm.001sux0iv12gpdq0yjl1p0ajtgd1q

On the Wet n Wild roll I'm also using their eye shadow primer which is actually brilliant! This stuff does not budge and eyeshadows stay put and perfect all day.
    http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/eyes/primer/photo-focustm-eyeshadow-primer.html#sm.001sux0iv12gpdq0yjl1p0ajtgd1q

To round off my Wet n Wild use I'm loving the nail polishes One step wonder. They last so well. I'm just annoyed that there's not much colour selection

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

I bought the Note cosmetics Mattmoist lipgloss and its terrible! Goes all cakey and cracks!..Also have the Sleek matte me lip gloss..its hit or miss, mostly miss..on the lookout for nice longlasting lipstick that won't break the bank!

• Advertisement

crunchie1 wrote: »
    I bought the Note cosmetics Mattmoist lipgloss and its terrible! Goes all cakey and cracks!..Also have the Sleek matte me lip gloss..its hit or miss, mostly miss..on the lookout for nice longlasting lipstick that won't break the bank!
    I recommend the Catrice matte lip creams.

I have one, a coral/pinky colour, lasts ages, applies well and wears off nicely too. I have mine a while now so I'm not sure on the price but they wouldn't be expensive.

I have a Giorgio Armani one and it's pretty meh, especially as it cost nearly €30. Wouldn't recommend or repurchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What's the story with Note Cosmetics? Are they white label?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Has anyone bought the Fleur de Force for MAC lipstick in Brown Thomas Limerick in past few days?
    Thinking of picking one up tomorrow if there's any left but apparently they've sold out in some places!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I bought a PS angled eyeliner brush in Penneys at the weekend and ahm heavy impressed. I've been using a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush which was great, but not having the steadiest of hands I could easily make a hames of. This brush I would guess uses more product but I've been getting much better results, and twas under a fiver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Just ordered Modern Renaissance after months of trying to resist!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

You won't regret it! One of the best purchases I've ever made

Aeternum wrote: »

You won't regret it! One of the best purchases I've ever made
    Agreed! I was initially scared of it, the colours were a bit out there for me. But what ever it is, the looks with this palette come out fab. It's my "good" palette, not for everyday wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I made an order of The Ordinary Skincare, I went a bit mad! Some of the bits I wanted were out of stock. I ordered from their website at the weekend and it is being delivered today, super impressed!

Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F - 30ml

High-Spreadability Fluid Primer - 30ml

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 - 30ml

“Buffet” - 30ml

Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG - 30ml

100% Plant-Derived Squalane - 30ml

100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil - 30ml

100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil - 30ml

Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 30ml

Salicylic Acid 2% Solution - 15ml

Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% - 30ml

I watched Stephanie Nicoles YouTube video and it really helped me narrow down (kind of ) what I needed/wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AnnieAreYOUOk

Bought the NYX translucent powder for baking. Literally the worst product that I have bought. It's a loose powder but it honestly is impossible for the product to come out of the container. The actual powder is grand but it left a white cast under my eyes and removed some of my makeup. Definitely won't be repurchasing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Finally got to visit the Kat von D stand at Debenhams!! Spend at least 10 mins doing lipstick swatches on my hand. Ended up going with Shade and Light eyeshadow palette in Plum & Studded Kiss lipstick in Tijuana. Very excited to test them out.:)

Boots had an offer on sun creams so I picked up Garnier SPF50 face mist for €7.50. It's a really light mist and can be used over makeup. Tried it on Friday and it didn't mess anything up. I bought Revlon Overtime lip colour a while ago in Non-Stop Cherry. Really nice colour. The top coat took about a minute or 2 to dry completely. Nice to pat on as a stain during the day as well.

• Advertisement

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13838/1347/products/makeup/eyes/liner/technakohl-liner#/shade/Cool_Jazz
    Came across this beauty at the weekend in TK Maxx of all places!
    I had been looking for a decent navy liner a month ago, they are difficult to find, blue and turquoise are more popular.
    Wore it yesterday and it didn't budge (I find many liners transfer).
    Bargain at ?13!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Can anyone advise on a daily mosituriser for sensitive skin? I don't get spots really and would spend up to about 25 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Can anyone advise on a daily mosituriser for sensitive skin? I don't get spots really and would spend up to about 25 euros.

If it's for daytime make sure there's some spf, especially in summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Bought the La Roche Posay Anthelios facial SPF mist last week and it's the bees knees! So handy to throw in your bag and use on the hop if you're like me and don't wear spf day to day.

Also I bought the natural beauty look in palette from Charlotte Tilbury and I love it. Its especially great for carrying with you to touch up during the day and love the large mirror. With my order I got samples of the entire skin range so looking forward to trying as I have a voucher to use up and not sure else I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Toleraine Ultra from La Roche Posay is brilliant for sensitive skin.
    Make sure you use a seperate sunscreen. Spf in most moisturisers only protevys from UVB and not UVA. you need UVA protection too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I just got the Morphe 35 Colour Fall Into Frost Eyeshadow Palette 35F - was about €25 from Cloud10. Serious amount of colour for not that much money IMO. Really like the shades, all the mattes along the bottom are lovely and great colour pay off. My only criticism is that theres a high % of shimmers v mattes, if I was designing my ideal pallette, they'rd be a better balance. Will defo buy more of their stuff.... I feel a blusher pallette coming on!

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/morphe-35-colour-fall-into-frost-eyeshadow-palette-35f.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

After much confusion and research, I've finally placed an order with The Ordinary and I'm so excited! :D

Ordered Hyaluronic Acid + B5, Niacinamide and Zinc, Natural Moisturising Factors and 100% Plant Derived Squalane. I had wanted to get the Glycolic Acid toning solution but they're out of stock on the site at the moment. Gonna introduce one new thing at a time to make sure my skin reacts okay to everything.

I have oily/dehydrated skin with the odd few spots around my jawline so I think the above products should help hydrate it, and the Niacinamide and Zinc should hopefully reduce any clogged pores.

I've only read good things about the range, and I know they're up the walls since they launched their foundation but I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

La Roche Posay and Ren are great for sensitive skin. And quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've sensitive skin too and I use Trilogy vital moisturising cream. It's perfect for under make up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Bought the maybelline instant dark circle eraser concealer. The one with the sponge application on top. Bought it after loads of beauty bloggers raved about it.

It's awful. Got the shade 'light' nothing light about it. Went on lovely but it must oxidize bad cause it went an orangey colour. Disappointed.

Advertisement