Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Well those four in the Temptalia blog post Pythia posted are the only MAC lipsticks made from that collection, even looking at the ebay picture you can see it has glitter or frost in it, which none of the legit MAC ones do. I think you may have been caught out this time :o Although, if its still a nice lipstick then totally wear it!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

bugger it anyway, damn me and my magpie syndrome. such a pretty cover :o
    i could always donate it to mummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

booboo88 wrote: »

I wouldn't buy from a seller with 0 feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

No offence to anyone who does but I still don't get how people are so naive to buying MAC online. Unless it's from an authentic site like Nordstrom, MAC themselves (both don't ship here) then it's more than likely fake.

I'd be wary of users with 99.7% feedback, let alone 0! Use your smarts and do your research, if it looks too good to be true it usually is when it comes to MAC online.

Especially with stuff like the above, it only has one picture of the product in the box. A lot of MAC can only be seen as fakes by seeing the product number on the bottom, info on the sides. You can always ask the seller for more photo's of these areas and if they are genuine they would gladly do it but also be wary they aren't another photo they grabbed from Google!

Here's funnily enough a video showing off Dollymix as a fake and it unsuprisingly looks as bright as the one that poster posted above:

Instead of looking for bargains, look for dupes!

• Advertisement

that video is briliant, im looking at my mac make up now, and i deff have one dodgy one.
    where it says london, theres no post code after, should have known my ex would fork out for the real stuff :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Yeh I'd be wary about it as well.

Do you think the people that left the positive feedback just don't realise it's a fake?
    Yeah I'd say they either don't realise it is fake or else they don't care that it is fake.

Fragrance Direct UK sell MAC products, I bought some from them and my sister who's a make up artist looked at some of them (the liners) and said they are real.

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/m/mac/icat/mac/&temp=productlistguidednav&layout=search

I bought two eyeliners (Smoulder and Teddy) and MAC Crush Metal Pigment "Stacked 1"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Excuse the terrifying staring into the camera look I'm giving :pac: This is Benefit "They're Real" mascara. Have to say I love it, you can really layer it on. Still a massive fan of DiorShow mascaras, but found that you couldn't layer it well. Certainly a night time mascara though, I'll be sticking to a brown one from Sephora for the day!

Photo124.jpg

Photo117.jpg

Eyeshadows are from the Naked pallet, just loving this product. Been using it properly this week and it's just brilliant. Posted these products when I bought them, but after using them all week I'm getting a better feel for them! Got lots of compliments on my blusher also, Nars "Sex Appeal". Needs a good bit to bring up a good colour, but it's just a perfect peachy tone. Definitely recommend for the pale girls who find the pink shades a bit too stark. Link to it here, but it's more peachy than that picture suggests. Could also be good for contouring if you find bronzers too dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

@Twee. Thank you so much for posting that!! I was in Sephora the other day to try out They're Real! myself but they oddly didn't have a sample around to test... Now I feel like putting in an order tonight :D It looks lovely on you!

My friend got stopped by a girl in BT the other say to try it on, she had this card of a before and after test model but I was sceptical as it looked too good and probably photoshopped/styled with inserts.

She then put it on one eye of my friend to show the difference and it really was amazing, pure shocked. I mean it wasn't a miracle but both my friend who got it done and my other friend left saying there were definitely buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm not allowed to buy any more makeup ever.

Picked up the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV that was posted earlier. The eye colours are beautiful, and I love the liquid eyeliner and mascara! Plus the extra eyelid primer is always a welcome addition :) Don't really get the speaker that was included though.

Also bought Bare Escentuals Bright and Beautiful Collection:
    http://bit.ly/o98upB

I only needed a new foundation, but for an extra €30 or so I got a blusher, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipgoss, face primer, eyelid primer and foundation brush. I've been a huge fab of Bare Minerals since earlier this year, it's the only place I can get a foundation pale enough to suit me. Previously I had a mini foundation size and it's lasted me about 4 months so far, so the fullsize foundation in this kit should last me at least twice that! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a change :)

Edit: The saleswoman took me through all the prices of the products if they were sold seperately, and I basically got more than €50 off. Very pleased with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Went to Seoul yesteday. So many makeup shops. I went in and bought a new mascara and eyeliner as they are about to finish up.

Black volume mascara

nmncjt.jpg

Styling Eye liner

ezozk.jpg

Both from Etude house, they came to a grand total of about 7euro and they threw in some little cotton buds and a facial mask for free! <3 loving these freebies!

jokettle wrote: »
    I only needed a new foundation, but for an extra €30 or so I got a blusher, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipgoss, face primer, eyelid primer and foundation brush. I've been a huge fab of Bare Minerals since earlier this year, it's the only place I can get a foundation pale enough to suit me. Previously I had a mini foundation size and it's lasted me about 4 months so far, so the fullsize foundation in this kit should last me at least twice that! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a change :)

Edit: The saleswoman took me through all the prices of the products if they were sold seperately, and I basically got more than €50 off. Very pleased with myself!

Yeah.. but you didn't need anything but the foundation? So you still spent €30 more than needed regardless of the savings. That's just a smart saleswoman working on commission. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Resi12 wrote: »
    Yeah.. but you didn't need anything but the foundation? So you still spent €30 more than needed regardless of the savings. That's just a smart saleswoman working on commission. :P

I see your point :pac: However, I wanted a lipgloss too but lacked the motivation to really look for one, so this just fell in my lap quite nicely! Plus their eyeshadows are really lovely, and the liner is one of the nicest I've used (I had a mini version from before). I don't see it as a frivolous spending spree, since I would realistically have bought the majority of these products anyway. The primer is the only one I'm unsure about, I'll need to test it out properly to decide if I like it as much as my Smashbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Got the gel eyeliner from maybelline, and for a total novice it's great. Im awful at applying eye make up but it's really easy with the little brush you get :)

Resi12 wrote: »

kill joy ;)

boots saw me coming :(

ecotools set, no7 wipes for 1.95eur with 7.50 voucher :)
    lee stafford poker straight and benefit porefessional and erase paste :)

kate.m wrote: »
    Got the gel eyeliner from maybelline, and for a total novice it's great. Im awful at applying eye make up but it's really easy with the little brush you get :)

which one is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

booboo88 wrote: »
    which one is that?

I can't remember the name of it, but it comes in a grey box thing. You'll see it quick enough if you look at the stands; there's usually loads of them!

I was up in Belfast yesterday, so I hit the Illamasqua counter in Debenhams. Got a nail polish, contour blush, and lipstick and I am in love! I'll post a proper review when I get back to decent internet tomorrow :pac:

Loads of Urban Decay freebies today! :D

urbandecay_blackpalettepromo001.jpg

--Black Palette

Urban-Decay-Lashes.jpg

--False lashes; flirt

Urban-Decay-Super-Saturated-High-Gloss-Lip-Color-in-Big-Bang1.jpg

-- Super Saturated high gloss lip colour; Big Bang

URB0273full.jpg

-- 24/7 Glide on shadow pencil; Narc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmezyeiFJdJbKVqUu6yAG2AE2l4GT5vI2u8k9H9YMQATSDjZv7

-- Pocket Rocket lip gloss; Max

ud-big-fatty-waterproof.jpg

--Big fatty Mascara (Waterproof); Black

urban-decay-24-7-glide-on-pencil-zero-01.jpg

-- 24/7 glide on eye pencil; Zero

urbandecaysin.jpg

--Primer Potion; Sin

urban-decay-eyeshadow-primer-potion-tube-greed-greed.jpg

-- Primer Potion; Greed

It's like Christmas came early in my house today!! :D

how did you get freebies?

• Advertisement

My brother's friend worked there and she was leaving there to work eleswhere so she managed to grab some freebies for me before she left! I thought it was going to be all ex-testers but they're all brand new un-opened! Delighted with myself! :)

im soo jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Twee. wrote: »
    Excuse the terrifying staring into the camera look I'm giving :pac: This is Benefit "They're Real" mascara. Have to say I love it, you can really layer it on. Still a massive fan of DiorShow mascaras, but found that you couldn't layer it well. Certainly a night time mascara though, I'll be sticking to a brown one from Sephora for the day!

That looks fab, Twee. I might give this a try next time I'm mascara shopping. I've yet to find one suitable for my lashes - they're long and really straight and no mascara I've tried can really 'lift' them off my eyes. Curlers don't make much difference either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

That looks fab, Twee. I might give this a try next time I'm mascara shopping. I've yet to find one suitable for my lashes - they're long and really straight and no mascara I've tried can really 'lift' them off my eyes. Curlers don't make much difference either.

Get a heated lash curler, and you won't know yourself :)

I got a No.7 one after no regular curler had ever put a bend in my lashes. Its really fantastic.

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Heated-Eyelash-Curler_46110/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Giselle wrote: »
    Get a heated lash curler, and you won't know yourself :)

I got a No.7 one after no regular curler had ever put a bend in my lashes. Its really fantastic.

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Heated-Eyelash-Curler_46110/

I've tried a heated lash curler I got in Sephora. It makes a teeny dfference but not much. :( I'll have a look at the No. 7 one.

Another question, how do you get the mascara right at the roots of the lashes? I always seem to have a little gap at the root of my lashes, can't seem to get to wand all the way in!

Edit: that No. 7 curler looks identical to my Sephora one so :(

I've tried a heated lash curler I got in Sephora. It makes a teeny dfference but not much. :( I'll have a look at the No. 7 one.

Another question, how do you get the mascara right at the roots of the lashes? I always seem to have a little gap at the root of my lashes, can't seem to get to wand all the way in!

Edit: that No. 7 curler looks identical to my Sephora one so :(

same problem, but i always put it down to my blindness:o

I find that if I push the wand right in to the roots and wiggle it side to side it helps. Or if you apply one coat to the front of your lashes, then one coat on the back and then go on to do a second coat to the front it helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

For applying mascara into the roots I find it helpful to have a mirror that you can hold and look down into. You can kinda see the roots more easily that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

ok, well i tried out my new purchases today, for a first date !

Must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Garnier bb cream, I got it in fair which really suited my skintone . It went on like regular moisturiser and the finish was gorgeous. Pretty sheer coverage but it really did even up my skintone and added a lovely sheen to my face. I did need to use a little concealer under eyes etc. but It made me look so healthy!!!

Also I used the gold and cream eyeshadow in the Urban Decay IV, palatte beautiful, really suited my blue eyes . lined inner lids with Lancome eyeliner petrol (?) colour, and the mascara from the UD IV palatte, which i really must say was a great mascara :) eyelashes never looked so curly!!

I saw in a pharmacy todat (Mc Cabes) that the garnier B.B cream was 14.99 !!:eek::eek:
    Definitely shop around for it as I got it in Dunnes for 8-9 EUR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Re: heated lash curlers

I've never used one of these, but it reminds me of what a few of my friends do which is just take a lighter and just quickly heat the metal part of the eyelash curler before using it... Is this the same concept? If it does the same job, then no need to buy a heated curler I guess! (I never curl my lashes by the way, so not the expert here).

Advertisement