Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

La.de.da wrote: »
    Bought the maybelline instant dark circle eraser concealer. The one with the sponge application on top. Bought it after loads of beauty bloggers raved about it.

It's awful. Got the shade 'light' nothing light about it. Went on lovely but it must oxidize bad cause it went an orangey colour. Disappointed.
    It's the brightening and neutralising ones that are supposed to be good. I think it's Light that I got ages ago and it was way to dark and orange for under eyes.
    The blogger Beautynook recently bought the new shades so I'm going to wait for her (honest) review before considering purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I had that concealer and ended up giving it to my mum. Light isn't near light, hell, she is far more sallow than I am, and it's a tinge too dark for her.

I found it too creamy, so it was creasing like crazy and showed up lines I never knew I had. It also caked like hell and made my under eye area look dry and aged me something rotten. I can't figure out how it creased and looked cakey at the same time.

Awful stuff. The Catrice liquid camouflage is far better, shade range is awful though.

I am pale, and even the darkest shade is far too pale for me. It's like a white colour under my eyes. Does last well though, no creasing, caking etc.

The Maybelline fit me is gorgeous, again, terrible shade range though. Only three shades available here I think.

I really want to try the Urban Decay & NARS concealers, they're very expensive though and I am hesitant to spend that much on a concealer that I haven't used before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I'm the same boxers, I've been eyeing up the nars and urban decay concealer for a while. But they cost the same as a foundation and just a tiny amount of product.

The maybelline instant rewind made my very fine under eye lines look like Irish back roads!

I'm the same boxers, I've been eyeing up the nars and urban decay concealer for a while. But they cost the same as a foundation and just a tiny amount of product.

The maybelline instant rewind made my very fine under eye lines look like Irish back roads!
    Irish back roads has me in stitches :pac: That is hilarious.

Yeah that's exactly it, I just don't know if I could ever justify spending that amount on a concealer. I find it hard enough to just on a foundation let alone a concealer to be honest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Try the collection concealer! It's really good! And if it doesn't suit only cost a fiver! (Roughly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

idunno78 wrote: »
    Try the collection concealer! It's really good! And if it doesn't suit only cost a fiver! (Roughly).

I love that stuff!

idunno78 wrote: »

I've heard about that one. I'll give it a go. The fair shade looks light enough from swatches online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I've heard about that one. I'll give it a go. The fair shade looks light enough from swatches online.

The fair is too pink toned for me. I get the next one up I think. I'm deathly pale without tan, but the fair is very pink toned.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Went to Sephora yesterday (:D:D:D), to say I was in  my element is an understatement! Picked up some Sephora bits, and a Becca "On the Glow" kit which I am so excited to try out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

dizzyn wrote: »
    Went to Sephora yesterday (:D:D:D), to say I was in  my element is an understatement! Picked up some Sephora bits, and a Becca "On the Glow" kit which I am so excited to try out!!

Very jealous! I've never been to Sephora, but I imagine if I was ever lucky enough to go you wouldn't get me out of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Guys... the Naked Heat palette.

Naked-Heat-palette-packshot.jpg

Can't wait til this drops in Debenhams, it is a thing of beauty! My birthday is the end of the month, this could be VERY convenient ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

The Cool wrote: »

I have so many palettes and only ever use like three shadows total, but I'm still gonna buy this! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The Cool wrote: »

Naked-Heat-palette-packshot.jpg

Can't wait til this drops in Debenhams, it is a thing of beauty! My birthday is the end of the month, this could be VERY convenient ;)

Omg. It's delicious. I'm a complete sucker for palettes with reddy orangey tones. I'm sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Are there just 4 shimmer's? If so that's perfect :)

Looks like a more usable version of the ABH modern renaissance palette, will be very interested to see the reviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Love the colours but I'm useless at applying oranges and reds, I end up looking like I have an old bruise on my eye :(

GingerLily wrote: »
    Are there just 4 shimmer's? If so that's perfect :)

Looks like a more usable version of the ABH modern renaissance palette, will be very interested to see the reviews :)
    Agreed. I have the ABH palette and while the shadows are fantastic, it's bloody scary to use! I open it, look at it and don't know where to begin! From looking at the pics and swatches, it looks for user friendly for those of us who aren't MUA's.

Think it's being released in the USA end of June so I'd imagine it would be later in July before it hits our shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Agreed. I have the ABH palette and while the shadows are fantastic, it's bloody scary to use! I open it, look at it and don't know where to begin! From looking at the pics and swatches, it looks for user friendly for those of us who aren't MUA's.

Think it's being released in the USA end of June so I'd imagine it would be later in July before it hits our shores.

There are a few bright colours in the ABH palette that are just too bright!

I'll definitely have to swatch it to see if I can use it, being ginger with red hair, bit definitely more excited by this then their last few palettes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Oooh I love the look of that new Naked Palette. Since I've gone back to my natural dark brown hair, I'm loving those sorts of colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Oooh I love the look of that new Naked Palette. Since I've gone back to my natural dark brown hair, I'm loving those sorts of colours.

Im dying to get my hands on it, the colours look incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Spotted the new palette online the other night, it has to be mine :-). I was in town yesterday and the girls on the UD counter in Debenhams henry were taking names so I was like hell yeah!

• Advertisement

It looks gorgeous but am I alone in thinking that UD are really pushing this whole Naked range with a new palette every year nearly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

It looks gorgeous but am I alone in thinking that UD are really pushing this whole Naked range with a new palette every year nearly?

Have to agree. The colours are gorgeous and would really suit me :P but, thinking about it, I have all three Naked palettes and the Smokey one (which I've used probably twice since I got it.) I have pretty much stopped using Naked 1 too, just bored of the colours.

I have the ABH Modern Renaissance which is similar-ish and I love using it so I will pass on Naked Heat for now until I've used up at least one of my other Naked palettes. (That could be a while. :))

I've the first two naked pallets, honestly they are both 80% full still. With some shades not even touched.

These colours look gorge but I'll refrain from buying this. I'd rather buy single shadows now.

Valentina wrote: »
    Have to agree. The colours are gorgeous and would really suit me :P but, thinking about it, I have all three Naked palettes and the Smokey one (which I've used probably twice since I got it.) I have pretty much stopped using Naked 1 too, just bored of the colours.

I have the ABH Modern Renaissance which is similar-ish and I love using it so I will pass on Naked Heat for now until I've used up at least one of my other Naked palettes. (That could be a while. :))
    I have the Naked 1 and the only colour I use in it is Naked, its nearly gone, I don't really use the other colours and I've noticed a lot of fallout that I didn't notice before with it, is that just me? The N2 & N3 look pretty generic to me tbh so I never bothered with them.

I don't have that ABH palette but have seen it endlessly and to me it looks pretty meh. I dunno, it just didn't appeal to me at all.

I don't know if its just me, but lately I haven't seen a palette that has made me go "OMG I need that". :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I've the first two naked pallets, honestly they are both 80% full still. With some shades not even touched.

These colours look gorge but I'll refrain from buying this. I'd rather buy single shadows now.

Thats what I love about those palettes, theyre such good quality and will last forever, ill never need to repurchase any of them so it feels like a good investment. Ive not bought single eyeshadows because ive similar shades in a palette that will never run out so im saving money in the long run.

Not just Urban Decay but it feels like there's a palette launch every month for another new one by some brand and I'm just not excited about them anymore. I think this is the first palette launch in almost a year to cause excitement, last one to peak such interest IMO was ABH modern renaissance.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Not just Urban Decay but it feels like there's a palette launch every month for another new one by some brand and I'm just not excited about them anymore. I think this is the first palette launch in almost a year to cause excitement, last one to peak such interest IMO was ABH modern renaissance.
    I agree, there's always new palettes (and highlighters) coming out nearly every month as you say and it's getting to the stage where they are getting boring and by that I mean, the launch of new palettes is getting boring.

Every palette that comes out lately is pretty meh in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

whatever76 wrote: »

Since BB cream was brought up, I was wondering if there are any good ones considering its summer and holidays are coming up. I'd rather not wear a full face of foundation and concealer and have it melt off my face due to 30 degree weather abroad :P

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

jeonahr wrote: »
    Since BB cream was brought up, I was wondering if there are any good ones considering its summer and holidays are coming up. I'd rather not wear a full face of foundation and concealer and have it melt off my face due to 30 degree weather abroad :P

It's not marketed as a BB cream but the Bourjois City Radiance foundation is actually a BB cream in texture, finish and coverage – it has SPF30 and I love it!

If you're looking for something lighter, I've worn the Rimmel BB creams in Singapore and Cuba and they withstand humidity no problem – the shade range is their only downfall.

Advertisement