Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

NicsM wrote: »
    It's not marketed as a BB cream but the Bourjois City Radiance foundation is actually a BB cream in texture, finish and coverage – it has SPF30 and I love it!

If you're looking for something lighter, I've worn the Rimmel BB creams in Singapore and Cuba and they withstand humidity no problem – the shade range is their only downfall.

The Bourjois gives a nice finish but I always feel like I'm wearing a mask with it on. Skin 79 is probably the best BB cream I've tried but you will need to order online as I don't know any shops that sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

This is lovely:

2168341.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anyone here an Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess perfume fan? The one this year smells completely different to other years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Picked up the GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating treatment mask. At 45 euro I had very high hopes. What a complete rip off, besides the jar being tiny so you get feck all product it didnt do much, if anything. I followed the directions, left it on for 15 minutes, wiped it off. My skin wasnt hydrated at all, all it did was leave a sticky film on my face. My cheap Astral cream works a hundred times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Picked up the GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating treatment mask. At 45 euro I had very high hopes. What a complete rip off, besides the jar being tiny so you get feck all product it didnt do much, if anything. I followed the directions, left it on for 15 minutes, wiped it off. My skin wasnt hydrated at all, all it did was leave a sticky film on my face. My cheap Astral cream works a hundred times better.

I'm so glad I didn't buy this. I saw all the hype and then checked it on either paulas choice or makeupalley not sure which one, but it listed the ingredients and reasons why it wouldn't work. I think it has high alcohol content or something iirc.

• Advertisement

It's pure sh!te. This huge box and then you open it and the tiniest of jars inside. The L'Oréal pure clay mask range are actually better and so much cheaper. You can get a few small jars in a box I usually see them in Penneys for under a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

anna080 wrote: »
    It's pure sh!te. This huge box and then you open it and the tiniest of jars inside. The L'Oréal pure clay mask range are actually better and so much cheaper. You can get a few small jars in a box I usually see them in Penneys for under a tenner.

They also have a sample of each for a fiver in penny's, you'd actually get two uses out of one!

Thanks. Ill try the L'Oreal ones out. I always say this but I swear that is the last time I buy a hyped up product. I wish I had asked here for opinions on it before I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Do any of ye have recommendations for a pump for Mac Studio Fix? I find this having to buy a separate pump from Mac a bit of a scam!

A scam?! It's like five euro and you'll have it forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Just picked up Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser. Got it as part of a fab set with an eyecream and overnight mask. Oh Holy God it is AMAZING!!! my skin literally feels a million times softer the second I put it on. Absolutely love!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just back from the holibops. Was in my first ever Sephora store! Was a little disappointed with it, it was half perfume which I wasn't looking for. Still didn't stop me spending over €100!
    Got one of every Sephora face and foot mask they had on display, about 10.
    2 little Sephora perfume sticks, be handy for handbag.
    Sephora lip stain in infinite rose
    Sephora lip cushion in wonderful rosy.
    Sephora dry shampoo.
    Mini version of too faced better than sex mascara
    Mini version of benefit super mattifying gel.
    Mini of this works sleep kit to try out.

Also went into Kiko to spend another fortune!
    Brown mascara
    2 nail polishes
    Skin trainer cc blur
    Dark circle tone eraser
    Lasting precision eye liners in brown, grey and metallic brown
    And 5 or 6 lip products

And in the airport before we flew out I got the following in the Loop which had been on my list for ages:
    Mac painterly paint pot
    Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion
    Mac juicy fruit eye shadow palette in love in the glades

Have just ordered Benefit hoola Light and dandelion twinkle as meaghers have 25% off.

But that's it now for me and beauty cosmetics buying - I've spent a small fortune, have no room left in the bathroom, and only have one face!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That's been my moisturiser of choice for nearly 8 years now! Its so lovely and light but effective.
    The overnight mask is amazing too! It's very soothing on blemishes or irritations and seems to help heal them faster.
    I like the eye cream but it doesn't work well under make up for me.

dee_mc wrote: »
    That's been my moistiriser or choice for nearly 8 years now! Its so lovely and light but effective.
    The overnight mask is amazing too! It's very soothing on blemishes or irritations and seems to help heal them faster.
    I like the eye cream but it doesn't work well under make up for me.

Does this moisturiser work well under make up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

anna080 wrote:

Yes, I use it directly before applying make up most days and it does a great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

anna080 wrote: »

I found it worked wonderful under makeup but not so much for my skin...broke me out :( loved it until it did though!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Got the Jeffree Star skin frost highlighter in lavender frost on sale last week from Beauty Bay- arrived yesterday and I'm in love. It's absolutely massive! So pigmented and creamy - first one of his products I've tried and I'm very impressed.

Picked up the Jean Michel Basquiat eyeshadow palette by Urban Decay in Debenhams today, it was on sale and I couldnt resist, its absolutly gorgeous and the colours are so pigmented the lighter colours can be placed on top of the darker shades and still pop. The whole design of this palette is fabulous.

• Advertisement

Went mad recently buying a load of makeup recently. I've sworn I'm not buying anymore this year.
    So I've been using a few new things this week:

Kiko CC Blur
    http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-ie/skin-care/face/skin-trainer//p-KS0200106900044
    I'm not usually a fan of cc creams, but the sales assistant got me! I tried it last Sunday where I was going to an all day outdoors event, didn't want to look like I was wearing makeup but wanted to look alive. It looks and feels like Benefit's porefessional, skin felt like silk and lasted all day. I must try it as a primer under my foundation.

Benefit Hoola Lite - I've only used it today as a contour and it's quite nice not having to panic about over applying and vigorously trying to blend in like the original Hoola. I've actually been using it as part of my eyeshadow the past few days.
    https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/ie/en-gb/product/hoola-lite

Benefit Dandelion Twinkle - it's not going to blow your socks off but it gives a nice subtle glow for daytime and workwear.
    https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/ie/en-gb/product/dandelion-twinkle

Mac eyeshadow palette Love in the Glade (Juicey Fruity collection)
    Was looking forward to getting this for ages. But the pans seem very loose in the palette. The lighter green Neoprene Green is nice but takes a lot of blending. The shade Bye Bye Bananas (3rd from left) has glitter fall out which I discovered at lunchtime! Cumulus (2nd from left) doesn't show up that well. Grey stroke is more shimmery than I like, I would prefer it to be more matte.
    http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13835/48593/products/makeup/eyes/eye-palettes-kits/eye-shadow-x-6-love-in-the-glades#BVRRWidgetID

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Picked up these three sheet masks in Penneys last night. €1.50. They look similar to the more expensive Sephora ones. I will report back as I use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Love my Hoola lite Sunny Dayz. It's perfect for my ghostly pale skin.

Bought the rimmel 'wake me up' foundation. It's horrible. The ivory is so dark. I'll use it up and mix it with a lighter foundation.

Foundation is a feicin minefield. I'm think of trying the NOTE cosmetics luminous one. Seems nice.

Also bought the hylamide HA blur.... I like it. It's like a lighter version of benefit porefessional.

La.de.da wrote: »
    Bought the rimmel 'wake me up' foundation. It's horrible. The ivory is so dark. I'll use it up and mix it with a lighter foundation.

Superdrug sell a lighter shade, porcelain, I use ivory as my fake tan shade!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Two products from the Kat Von D range to review:

1. Alchemist Holographic Palette. 30E (I think)
    I've been quite impressed with this palette for use in brightening up lipsticks and making them really unusual. I haven't tried it out for eyes yet, but it turned a dark red matte lipstick into a holographic pink and I got so many compliments! Also, I thought there'd be a risk that when I'd have a drink the powder would dissolve - didn't happen. Lasted very well.

2. Tattoo eyeliner
    Absolute pish. I find the brush too feeble to get a strong line. Now that could be fine for someone wi a better hand than mine, but the pishest part is tis supposed tae be a waterproof eyeliner, and it wasn't even close. It was entirely gone by the end of the day and had smeared badly by the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

purchased this recently and must say I am v impressed - already seeing a difference in my skin ; would recommend

https://www.elaveskincare.com/collections/women-skincare-products/products/intense-moisture-surge

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PinkSpark

La.de.da wrote: »
    Love my Hoola lite Sunny Dayz. It's perfect for my ghostly pale skin.

Foundation is a feicin minefield. I'm think of trying the NOTE cosmetics luminous one. Seems nice.

Also bought the hylamide HA blur.... I like it. It's like a lighter version of benefit porefessional.

I tried that NOTE cosmetics foundation and it oxidised so bad! I was bright orange after about 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

PinkSpark wrote: »
    I tried that NOTE cosmetics foundation and it oxidised so bad! I was bright orange after about 20 minutes.

Ugh I hate that. Thanks for the heads up.

Foundation search continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Loving the look of the new velvetiser from urban decay, it looks right up my street.
    Unfortunately my skin has been absolutely parched of late so it'll probably be a no go for me for awhile as its meant to be mattefying as well as adding coverage.

• Advertisement

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Loving the look of the new velvetiser from urban decay, it looks right up my street.
    Unfortunately my skin has been absolutely parched of late so it'll probably be a no go for me for awhile as its meant to be mattefying as well as adding coverage.
    It seems like it's an excellent powder too, can definitely see this as an impulse purchase in the airport!!

Advertisement