Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I love that there are two different ultra pale shades in the catrice concealer, only brand I know that isn't high end that has the shade selection for pale pale skin :)

*I'm using Nars creamy concealer at the moment and prefer it as it blends better on no foundation skin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I used the Estee Lauder double wear light this morning and when I put my concealer on it lifted the foundation.

Used the concealers with various other foundations and never had this.

Anyone else experience this with EL DW light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've not been the biggest fan of Penneys makeup. I've picked up things in there cos they're so cheap and can't resist but I have ended up binning most things or giving them them away.

I picked up the PS Eye Candy palette last month, again cos it looked pretty and it was untouched which is rare in Penneys. I didn't bother with it for ages and considered just giving it away and reminding myself to stop buying things in Penneys! But I decided to give it a go yesterday.

And I got loads of compliments about my eye makeup! It lasted all day over my holy grail Wet n Wild eyeshadow primer. I have to say I'm impressed!

https://www.primark.com/en/features/beauty/2017/june/cotton-candy-pink-makeup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Same here loving catrice! One of my first products from them was a little eyeshadow palette made up of dusty pinks, and I always got compliments.

The catrice primer is fantastic (I dint know the specific name but it's the pink one in a pot with a black lid) I find myself needing to stock up as I use it religiously!

I wear the hd foundation daily. And the camouflage concealer also. It's perfect for under the eyes, spots, blemishes and priming the eyes as well as carving your eyebrows.

Can't wait to see more of their products,

Another primer I really like is the wet n wild primer in a white squeezy plastic bottle, though the pink bottle isn't great,

I swear by inglots singular eyeshadows Only €6 a pop and for me they're the best. The colour is so strong and they blend quite well.. they're rainbow shadows are good value at €8 and really handy too. Tried the foundation and highlighter too, this little trio highlighter for €14 which I thought was actually crap. Felt like chalk and didn't show up at all on the skin. The foundation was really decent if not a bit heavy/cakey and probably better for nights out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Almost forgot!! In my opinion the best foundation is the vichy one (wish I knew the proper name) but it's around €22.50 to buy in most chemists and you can get a really pale shade too, it's so light and almost watery but gives great coverage so you literally wouldn't know it's on! Beats any foundation for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Tried DW nude over the weekend. It's a lovely daytime foundation but i think it may be a bit too light for me for the evenings. I love that it's spf 30 tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Lead wrote: »
    Tried DW nude over the weekend. It's a lovely daytime foundation but i think it may be a bit too light for me for the evenings. I love that it's spf 30 tho.

I'm contemplating buying this. Problem is with it being summer I have a tan and I don't know my shade. It's so annoying. In winter I'm just palest in all ranges lol.
    Is it dewy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

The Catrice HD foundation is my new obsession. I think it might be the best foundation I've ever used and it's €7?! I put it on with the Beauty Blender and it's flawless. I've gotten so many compliments on my makeup in the week that I've been using it!

It also lasts all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

neonsofa wrote: »
    I'm contemplating buying this. Problem is with it being summer I have a tan and I don't know my shade. It's so annoying. In winter I'm just palest in all ranges lol.
    Is it dewy?

Ask them to see what shade they think you are. When i was matched they gave me two diff colours to sample. I didnt find it too dewy. It was the same as normal DW as in I didnt get one bit shinny and i cleaned the house with it on cause i forgot to take it off.

Lead wrote: »
    Ask them to see what shade they think you are. When i was matched they gave me two diff colours to sample. I didnt find it too dewy. It was the same as normal DW as in I didnt get one bit shinny and i cleaned the house with it on cause i forgot to take it off.

I never trust the matching in store. They always choose pink toned for me and that just exasperates any redness. I always use yellow toned foundation in summer when ive a bit of tan despite the fact that I've anything but yellow undertones in my face :pac:

I also tend to like a darker foundation in summer to my actual facial skin colour as my neck is darker than my face (using spf religiously on my face has made me super pale in comparison to my body which I neglect when it comes to spf). So it's a solo thing I'm afraid, this shade choosing lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

For anyone who purchased the double wear light, are the shades the same as original double wear? Can I get a 2c1 in the dw light or will I need to be colour matched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The Catrice HD foundation is my new obsession. I think it might be the best foundation I've ever used and it's €7?! I put it on with the Beauty Blender and it's flawless. I've gotten so many compliments on my makeup in the week that I've been using it!

It also lasts all day.

Tell me more about these beauty blenders. Is there any difference in the more expensive than the cheap and cheerful? Can you recommend a particular brand?

heldel00 wrote: »
    Tell me more about these beauty blenders. Is there any difference in the more expensive than the cheap and cheerful? Can you recommend a particular brand?

The actual Beauty Blender, is the best one imo. The other sponges, like the real techniques etc, are nothing like the actual beauty blender. It's well worth the money. I didn't think it was worth the hype til i used it. I've tried others and they're just not the same product.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Wellyd wrote: »
    For anyone who purchased the double wear light, are the shades the same as original double wear? Can I get a 2c1 in the dw light or will I need to be colour matched?

I'm 1W2 in the regular DW and went for it in DW Nude – in the bottle it looks a tiny bit lighter but it settles on my skin to be the right shade. Because the coverage is sheerer, you might feel the shade is different but I would go for your normal shade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The actual Beauty Blender, is the best one imo. The other sponges, like the real techniques etc, are nothing like the actual beauty blender. It's well worth the money. I didn't think it was worth the hype til i used it. I've tried others and they're just not the same product.

Wow when you google it there are a lot of blenders out there. Would Boots have them or can you direct me to an online store?

heldel00 wrote: »
    Wow when you google it there are a lot of blenders out there. Would Boots have them or can you direct me to an online store?

Boots sell the original beauty blender.

I agree the real techniques one is not as good/does not compare.

GingerLily wrote: »
    Boots sell the original beauty blender.

I agree the real techniques one is not as good/does not compare.

Some boots stores don't stock it though which is very annoying. You can get it online through boots, beauty bay etc. Or in store in some boots and make up forever. In dublin anyway, not sure about elsewhere.

Also, there are different types, concealer/small ones, regular, body etc. So if ordering online, ensure its the correct one you want- price will tell you usually!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Some boots stores don't stock it though which is very annoying. You can get it online through boots, beauty bay etc. Or in store in some boots and make up forever. In dublin anyway, not sure about elsewhere.

Also, there are different types, concealer/small ones, regular, body etc. So if ordering online, ensure its the correct one you want- price will tell you usually!

It's in SPACE NK on grafton street whenever I go in.

Yarghhh wrote: »
    It's in SPACE NK on grafton street whenever I go in.

Oh yes here too! How could I forget that place, my purse is always significantly lighter leaving there!

I recently got bare minerals hydrating gel bb cream. Loved it. So smooth, easy to apply, glowy dewy finish. Made my skin softer and no dry flakes. As with everything, there's always a catch.... it oxidises so bad. I never really understood what people meant by foundation oxidizing, always thought it was just kinda subtle and nobody would notice...nope, I look like an oompa loompa by the end of the day. And thing is its only some days, so I can look in the mirror and see this dewy pretty skin or else an orange oily patchy mess and I've no way of knowing which it will be! So sad cause it's perfect otherwise. Hence my interest in double wear nude as I am again on the lookout for perfect foundation for my dry skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

I want to try La Roche Posay Toleraine foundation (the one for sensitive skin) but the lass in the pharmacy said they only got one wee bottle of each shade! She said I could try it on my hand - but I'll be wearing it on my face and I want to see if my skin breaks out. If it does, I won't be buying a large bottle (obviously)
    I thought it was a bit odd that the pharmacy only got one wee bottle of each shade. Mind you, that is the local pharmacy. Maybe I should try in the Blanch Shopping Centre at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Alice1 wrote: »
    I want to try La Roche Posay Toleraine foundation (the one for sensitive skin) but the lass in the pharmacy said they only got one wee bottle of each shade! She said I could try it on my hand - but I'll be wearing it on my face and I want to see if my skin breaks out. If it does, I won't be buying a large bottle (obviously)
    I thought it was a bit odd that the pharmacy only got one wee bottle of each shade. Mind you, that is the local pharmacy. Maybe I should try in the Blanch Shopping Centre at the weekend?

Definitely try it first. I tried this in the shade porcelain, didn't like it at all. Clung to any dry patch on my face and oxidized badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Got the NYX HD concealer & love it - doesnt sit into my fine lines under my eyes! Love anything NYX I've tried so far - quality products for really reasonable prices.

Also major thumbs up for Smashbox lipsticks - only ones that don't flake or dry out during the day & have actual staying power. I just bought my 4th one in another colour - would love all their colours, they are fab! I also tried their ALWAYS ON LIQUID LIPSTICK & its amazing! Definitely stays on all day with minimal touch up even after eating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

color_girl wrote: »
    Got the NYX HD concealer & love it - doesnt sit into my fine lines under my eyes! Love anything NYX I've tried so far - quality products for really reasonable prices.

Also major thumbs up for Smashbox lipsticks - only ones that don't flake or dry out during the day & have actual staying power. I just bought my 4th one in another colour - would love all their colours, they are fab! I also tried their ALWAYS ON LIQUID LIPSTICK & its amazing! Definitely stays on all day with minimal touch up even after eating!

I've been on the hunt for a good concealer, I think I'll give this a go (after payday ha).I've loved almost every NYX product I've bought, especially the lipsticks (lip lingerie and soft matte lip cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I hated that NYX concealer :/ but at least it won't cost a bomb to try out :)

I hated that NYX concealer :/ but at least it won't cost a bomb to try out :)

I hated the HD concealer in light I think the shade was, it was very pink and cakey. Then I bought the yellow one and it's amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Same about the HD concealer, I bought the yellow toned one (can't remember the shade range now) and find it good on the dark circles and on spots.

As for the Beauty Blender, the original branded one is better than the Real Techniques I suppose but IMO not worth the price tag, for something that I would need to change that often. Whatever about spending on brushes, I've never regretted that as I've taken care of them and they've lasted years, but I felt I just didn't get my money's worth out of the Beauty Blender. The RT one does just fine and in fact I like the flat side that it has.
    Not sure about any other brands as any others I tried were crap but that was ages ago and I wouldn't be surprised if brands have put in a bit more work into the product since.

The Naked Heat palette is available online from tonight, I kind of have myself talked out of it as I've bought a few warm toned single shadows from Inglot and Mac but that could all change once I see it in the flesh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I tried L'Oréal Lumi Magique primer for the first time today. HOW have I not tried this before? The best primer I've ever used, hands down. My skin looked so glowy I was actually half tempted to not even wear foundation over it. Make up goes on like a dream over it.

anna080 wrote: »
    I tried L'Oréal Lumi Magique primer for the first time today. HOW have I not tried this before? The best primer I've ever used, hands down. My skin looked so glowy I was actually half tempted to not even wear foundation over it. Make up goes on like a dream over it.

Have u tried becca backlight primer? Do you know is it similar?

• Advertisement

Have u tried becca backlight primer? Do you know is it similar?

My exact thoughts! Too broke to repurchase Becca :D

Advertisement