Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Oh ok never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was in Krakow this week and because my holiday was so cheap, I ended up with loads of money to spend in Inglot. I was never a fan because I got their foundation before and hated it but I'm so happy with everything I bought.

I got 4 of the HD Matte liquid lipsticks, 1 Diamond Lip Tint and 1 matte lipstick. (I love lipstick!).

I bought a highlight powder and the freedom system case with a mirror and a brush. I also got a pressed powder.

I got Duraline which I've never used so I'll have to YouTube it!

Finally I bought the Freedom System Palette to fit 10 eyeshadows and I filled it with 10 gorgeous colours, 4 matte and 6 shimmer. At the desk they had round eyeshadows for a euro so I bought a silver and gold one!

Altogether I spent 143 euro but if I had bought it in Ireland, it would have cost me 259 euro! I'm delighted :)

I also went into Sephora and bought the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara.

I'm so excited to play with it all now. (Sorry for the long post.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yeah you know the way I said I wasn't going to buy any more makeup for the rest of the year and use up what I have:
    Well that went out the window when I found a fully stocked Wet n Wild stand last weekend!
    • Photo focus foundation - I have this already but went for a lighter shade, the one I have is fine for when I'm tanned but that's faded now.
    • Eyeshadow primer - I'm nearly out of the one I have.
    • Lash renegade mascara - haven't tried it yet, heard good things about it.
    • 1 step nail polishes in Peach for the Stars and some light pink shade also. Should have stocked up on Stay Classy, mine's nearly all gone.
    • I picked up 2 eyeshadow brushes - they are ok for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Have completely changed my skin routine from image to environ so will do a review in a few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Well that went out the window when I found a fully stocked Wet n Wild stand last weekend!

Quick! Tell us where!

Trying to get my hands on that foundation for months now, but all (3) my local stands are empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Have completely changed my skin routine from image to environ so will do a review in a few weeks!

Is there a particular reason? Just asking cause you loved the image stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

neonsofa wrote: »
    Is there a particular reason? Just asking cause you loved the image stuff
    I still adore the image stuff to be honest, and I'll still use little bits but I have psoriasis which is getting much worse and the image products are so amazing and so active that i felt it was accelerating my cell renewal (which already is crazy fast) . I think image is an absolutely amazing brand but where my skin is right now - wasn't suiting me anymore.

I still adore the image stuff to be honest, and I'll still use little bits but I have psoriasis which is getting much worse and the image products are so amazing and so active that i felt it was accelerating my cell renewal (which already is crazy fast) . I think image is an absolutely amazing brand but where my skin is right now - wasn't suiting me anymore.

Makes sense. Psoriasis is difficult to treat isn't it, it's so different for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Quick! Tell us where!

Trying to get my hands on that foundation for months now, but all (3) my local stands are empty.
    Letterkenny!! In Penneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Quick! Tell us where!

Letterkenny!! In Penneys.

I'm down in Limerick. Might be a bit far to go sadly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I bought the catrice hd foundation the other day to use as an everyday foundation and my god I actually hate it! Maybe my expectations were way too high but it's actually horrible on me! And the smell of it is just so sickly! Back to my double wear I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I bought it too Wellyd and I love it! I even like the smell, reminds me of some expensive one I sampled and coveted when I was only a chungwan!
    I tried their long wear foundation lately too and wouldn't really rate it but it's not terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I bought Nars sheer glow but I don't really like it. I literally cannot find a foundation that matches my love for mac studio fix fluid. I think I'll be wearing that into my 90's. I'd love to find something new and just as good or better, just for novelty, but I can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

anna080 wrote: »
    I bought Nars sheer glow but I don't really like it. I literally cannot find a foundation that matches my love for mac studio fix fluid. I think I'll be wearing that into my 90's. I'd love to find something new and just as good or better, just for novelty, but I can't!
    I have to try the studio fix fluid, I know it's meant to be amazing in photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I was abroad recently and picked up s few bits in Sephora and Kiko...

I got the Becca Champagne Pop highlighter. A MAC extra dimension blush, in the shade faux sure. Individual lashes, two water eyeshadows in the shades 200 and 219 and a pot of full coverage concealer in the shade 03, all from Kiko. Kat Von D lock it setting powder and a Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in the shade double dare.

Looking forward to playing with them all! Has anyone used any of the products I got? I'm not sure how the concealer is going to work as I have fine lines under and around my eyes and I find some products set in and accentuate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm revisiting my Naked 2 palette this week and it's even better than I remembered - I'd forgotten how pigmented it is!
    Perfect partner to Tarlelette in Bloom (recommended by someone on this thread early this year, thanks again!) which is my go-to for non shimmery shadows.
    Yep, dropping my 'reserve' makeup bag all over the bed has turned out to be better (and much cheaper) than a shopping spree as I found my NYX felt tip liner, a great rosy nude Lancome lipstick and a sample size Clinique mascara too!

I was in Debenhams yesterday and although I had no intention of buying the Naked Heat palette, I am an advertisers dream because the posters everywhere persuaded me to get it. I'm so happy I did. It's amazing! I literally own every warm toned palette under the sun at this stage, which is why I banned myself from getting it. But it's amazing- especially the first four colours- so wearable and the colour pay off is perfect.

Has anyone here tried Glossier? It's coming to the UK at the end of September. Youtubers seem to be going mad for it. I wonder is it all hype or is it actually any good.
    Typical me, only just bought one thing and already thinking about the next :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

That's me sold - I think I deserve a treat this week and Naked Heat is what it shall be. Can't wait to buy it at the weekend and try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Oh, I too am an advertiser's dream. I passed the Debenham's window yesterday and it was luring me... I'm not going to be able hold out much longer, especially after your post :D I love my Naked 2.

• Advertisement

Oh, I too am an advertiser's dream. I passed the Debenham's window yesterday and it was luring me... I'm not going to be able hold out much longer, especially after your post :D I love my Naked 2.

I really didn't want to get it as I've been buying a lot lately, but also because the first 3 Naked palettes are still sitting in my collection looking unused and untouched. The last thing i needed was another one but I much prefer this one. The colours are way more up my street than the previous N palettes. Very warm and orangey. Haven't been this impressed with a palette for a while.

I really didn't want to get it as I've been buying a lot lately, but also because the first 3 Naked palettes are still sitting in my collection looking unused and untouched. The last thing i needed was another one but I much prefer this one. The colours are way more up my street than the previous N palettes. Very warm and orangey. Haven't been this impressed with a palette for a while.

You're a (gorgeous btw!) blondie aren't you? Are you quite fair usually? I remember your photo here before but can't remember if you were very fair, I know you have freckles (I sound like a stalker hahaha), just trying to figure out if the tones would suit me! I have fair skin, cool toned but use a yellow toned foundation to warm it up, but quite fair still and blue eyes with blonde hair, light freckles that fade a bit in winter, so hoping you can advise lol

You're a (gorgeous btw!) blondie aren't you? Are you quite fair usually? I remember your photo here before but can't remember if you were very fair, I know you have freckles (I sound like a stalker hahaha), just trying to figure out if the tones would suit me! I have fair skin, cool toned but use a yellow toned foundation to warm it up, but quite fair still and blue eyes with blonde hair, light freckles that fade a bit in winter, so hoping you can advise lol

Haha! Yes I'm as fair as fair can be, but I'd be pink toned rather than yellow toned, so I don't look dealthy pale as there is a bit of something to my skin. I'd use Mac NW20 foundation. I've freckles yes and blue eyes too. I only ever tend to use warm orangey tones on my eyes as I find it's all that suits me, cooler colours tend to look a bit dull. If you have blue eyes I'd say it would be fab on you!

Haha! Yes I'm as fair as fair can be, but I'd be pink toned rather than yellow toned, so I don't look dealthy pale as there is a bit of something to my skin. I'd use Mac NW20 foundation. I've freckles yes and blue eyes too. I only ever tend to use warm orangey tones on my eyes as I find it's all that suits me, cooler colours tend to look a bit dull. If you have blue eyes I'd say it would be fab on you!

Coll well you've sold me lol

Coll well you've sold me lol

Go for it! You deserve it :pac:

Go for it! You deserve it :pac:

I do, don't I?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up this Violet Voss Matte About You Palette. I've been wanting to try one of their palettes for a while and I was also looking for an all matte palette, so when I saw this reduced on Beauty Bay, I grabbed it.

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/violetvoss/matteaboutyoupalette/

Picture from Amazon.com

71XQwUy5giL._SX355_.jpg

I paid in sterling thinking it would be cheaper, but it worked out a tiny bit more expensive so definitely pay in the euro currency if you are getting it.

Another thumbs up for the Naked Heat. Have only created one look so far but its gorgeous and lives up to the hype.

Also bought the Naked concealer on a whim (not like I have bills to pay or anything :o), and I'm not totally sold on it. The formula is lovely but i think I might have chosen the wrong shade. I bought it for my under eye area so I'll try it with a darker foundation at the weekend and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Gah! I'm a marketing sucker! Having told myself I was not allowed buy new things until all old stuff is used up, i can't resist the heat palette. I love all the colours, the reviews online and some of the looks make up artists have created on youtube are so gorgeous!

Is it still in stock in debehams?

• Advertisement

Pink11 wrote: »
    Gah! I'm a marketing sucker! Having told myself I was not allowed buy new things until all old stuff is used up, i can't resist the heat palette. I love all the colours, the reviews online and some of the looks make up artists have created on youtube are so gorgeous!

Is it still in stock in debehams?

I was almost hoping it wouldn't be in stock in Debenhams in Cork on Saturday but they had loads of them. I'm annoyed at myself for falling for the marketing tactics too but have no regrets because its a brilliant pallet. :D

Advertisement