Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Got a Kat Von Dee liquid lipstick in the shade Double Dare and it's amazing. Very moisturising and creamy and didn't crack on the lips at all. The colour was a muted deep rose with cool red undertones.
    This has replaced Anastasia Beverly Hills as my favourite brand for liquid lipsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

dizzyn wrote:
    Am I the only one that doesn't want the Naked Heat palette? I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about, and I love warm toned eyeshadows!

Nope. I've never understood the fuss about Naked in general. I've always thought UD are laughing all the way to the bank every time they release a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Can someone recommend any The Ordinary products?

Has anyone tried the AHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

PopTarts wrote: »

My favourite things:

Full coverage foundation, hyaluronic acid and I mix the 2% retinoid with the rosehip oil as a sort of DIY serum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Had my make up done recently for a wedding. She used double wear light on me after using the porefessional primer. Not sure if it was my skin, the combination of primer and foundation or the make up artist, but it really really looked awful! It immediately went into every nook and cranny on my face, gave me wrinkles that I dont even have, and really accentuated my undereye bags.
    I have pretty dry skin with an oily tzone but haven't seen anyone so far with dry skin have much problems!

Currently myself im using the YSL touche eclat primer, and a mixture of the wet n wild photofocus and luminous silk and it makes my skin looks airbrushed! Kind of a shame because it's put me off buying the double wear light myself to try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

Don't know about the above but I have used the coverage and serum foundation (I mix both) and I like it, staying power of both are not great if your oily.

I have been using the retinoid 2% and the difference in my skin is amazing. It has reduced the redness of scarring and someone even said to me it was like I was primer on my skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

If you do a search there's multiple threads about the ordinary which will probably be really helpful for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I use the hyralaunic acid every morning before my moisturiser. I can honestly say it has made a huge difference to my skin! It feels so much more plump and healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

I bought YSL touche eclat foundation and primer and really like them so far. However the mua at the counter told me the primer makes the foundation last longer but when i got home and read the leaflet that came with primer it made no such claims. It is simply to give your face a glow and can be worn under makeup or on its own. So Im a bit disappointed with that

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I'v got the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, Advanced Retinoid 2% and the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%.

I've been using the Hylauronic acid every day and very slowly introducing the retinoid to see how my skin tolerates it. I think the HA is really good for the price, I just don't know how long the bottle will last. The Niacinamide 10% is working very well to control my temperamental skin too.

I'm excited to see the results from the retinoid but it has made me even more paranoid about wearing sunscreen! Handily enough, it looks like the Ordinary are bringing out their own spf range!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

NicsM wrote: »
    I'v got the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, Advanced Retinoid 2% and the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%.

I've been using the Hylauronic acid every day and very slowly introducing the retinoid to see how my skin tolerates it. I think the HA is really good for the price, I just don't know how long the bottle will last. The Niacinamide 10% is working very well to control my temperamental skin too.

I'm excited to see the results from the retinoid but it has made me even more paranoid about wearing sunscreen! Handily enough, it looks like the Ordinary are bringing out their own spf range!

Interested to hear about the Niacinamide - how does it help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

abrr1000 wrote: »
    I bought YSL touche eclat foundation and primer and really like them so far. However the mua at the counter told me the primer makes the foundation last longer but when i got home and read the leaflet that came with primer it made no such claims. It is simply to give your face a glow and can be worn under makeup or on its own. So Im a bit disappointed with that

Does a primer not do that anyway though? Like it may give other effects, a glow etc but that it's main function is to create a base for the foundation to cling to rather than it going straight onto skin? Maybe I'm full of you know what though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just back from the States and got a few things in Sephora...

Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette
    p413706-av-01-Lhero.jpg

BECCA Light Chaser Highlighters in Rose Quartz Flashes Seashell and Amethyst Flashes Geode
    s1936616-main-Lhero.jpgs1936566-main-Lhero.jpg

NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound
    s1870013-main-Lhero.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tarte are doing free shipping, ends tonight. Don't know if you'll get caught for customs on it but it's worth a shot if you really want stuff from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Tried that new Maybelline Touch Proof foundation that someone on here said was like a dupe for Double Wear.

It's certainly not doing me any favours for my oily skin, I think I'm oily even earlier in the morning than I normally would be. And it seems to transfer easily enough. It's not the worst though, I might try it with a different primer underneath and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anyone here ever use the Too Faced Born This Way foundation? I'm v interested but want to do some research before investing.

Also saw a cool eyeliner stamp from Vavavoom on Cult Beauty, its a stamp that you can use to get perfect winged eyeliner.
    Looks tempting, I'm good at doing wings but the effort and length of time it takes annoys me, if this does what it says it does it'd be a godsend!

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/the-vamp-stamp-vavavoom-stamp.html

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I posted a cheaper version of that stamp a few pages back! You can get in the chemist! My local one has it anyhow! Half the price!

Edit it's called wingit

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Anyone here ever use the Too Faced Born This Way foundation? I'm v interested but want to do some research before investing.
    ]

Yeah I've used it. It's grand, nothing special despite rave reviews online. Quite yellow toned which I like. What would you like to know specifically and I can try be more specific :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Also saw a cool eyeliner stamp from Vavavoom on Cult Beauty, its a stamp that you can use to get perfect winged eyeliner.
    Looks tempting, I'm good at doing wings but the effort and length of time it takes annoys me, if this does what it says it does it'd be a godsend!

idunno78 wrote: »
    I posted a cheaper version of that stamp a few pages back! You can get in the chemist! My local one has it anyhow! Half the price!

Edit it's called wingit

It's also on Ali Express
    http://s.aliexpress.com/UJBziauM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Does anyone know if Rihanna's makeup range is available in Harvey Nichols Dublin? I love the look of everything online but want to swatch in person before I purchase anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Scraggs wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Rihanna's makeup range is available in Harvey Nichols Dublin? I love the look of everything online but want to swatch in person before I purchase anything.

Yes it is! I meant to go look earlier 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I'm off to New York next month, any must-buys I should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

I'm off to New York next month, any must-buys I should look out for?

Glossier, glossier, glossier :P

Lidl 24 time control moisturising cream.

Have been using it for the last 3 weeks. Skin feels great.

You can put this cream on at night and your skin still feels plump and hydrated next morning.
    I also think it has plumped out a few fine lines. Honestly, skin hasnt felt this good in years.
    Also used it as an all over body cream a few times, , was really moisturising.

I highly recommend it, was less than a fiver, I think around 2.99 maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

I used that too faced foundation and it was the worst one I ever used. My face would be an oil slick by 11 am after only wearing it for 2 hours. If you've any bit of oily skin stay away from it. Maybe if your skin is perfect as is it might work but it was hideous on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I bought this last year, I have dry/dehydrated skin and thought this would be really good for me because of the ingredients like coconut water and hyaluronic acid but its awful, its so yellow it made me look Jaundice, my dad who wouldn't bat an eye if my leg was hanging off even commented how yellow I my skin was. It also separates like crazy and goes very patchy, even a bit of rain made it disappear and seperate, I cant imagine what this would be like on oily skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up the Urban Decay Velvetizer this week. It better be good given the price of it.

Picked up the Urban Decay Velvetizer this week. It better be good given the price of it.

I'm so curious about this product! I have dry skin and can only use "hydrating" "dewy" type makeup or else I look like a corpse, so I can't try it myself, but I'm just so curious!! Keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Can anyone recommend a good foundation for oily combo skin. I have a very oily T-zone. I don't mind if it's super cheap or expensive. I'm open to anything at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

neonsofa wrote: »
    I'm so curious about this product! I have dry skin and can only use "hydrating" "dewy" type makeup or else I look like a corpse, so I can't try it myself, but I'm just so curious!! Keep us posted!
    I am the same, I have dry skin, so I hope this works. I always set my face with powder so hopefully this works out. I am dubious about mixing it with foundation, but maybe as a setting powder it would be nice. Better be or I'll be so annoyed at myself for buying it!!
    Can anyone recommend a good foundation for oily combo skin. I have a very oily T-zone. I don't mind if it's super cheap or expensive. I'm open to anything at this stage.

These three by Covergirl are awesome. I've used them all when I had oily/combo skin and now when I have dry skin. I can't recommend them enough. You need to buy online as they are not available in Ireland.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Covergirl-Outlast-Stay-Luminous-Foundation/dp/B00YLND0AY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1504977691&sr=8-1&keywords=Outlast+Stay+Luminous+Foundation

These two are my favourites. I rate them over high end foundations also.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Covergirl-Outlast-Fabulous-Foundation-Classic/dp/B0094G3MRY/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1504977712&sr=1-1&keywords=Covergirl+Foundation

https://www.amazon.co.uk/COVERGIRL-Gorgeous-Liquid-Foundation-Classic/dp/B00J2APE6O/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1504977712&sr=1-3&keywords=Covergirl+Foundation

I love the Chanel Perfection Lumière but it is horribly expensive. One of the best I have tried though and its definitely worth the price tag IMO.

http://www.boots.ie/chanel/chanel-make-up/chanel-complexion/chanel-perfection-lumiere-long-wear-flawless-fluid-makeup-spf-10-10134609

Advertisement