Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Used the Catrice Out of Space liner in "Houstons Favourite" and it's pretty cack. It's a lovely colour but it doesn't stay put at aaaall :mad:

The eyeliner brush is amazing though. That only cost €3.50, is double-ended and both ends are very useful. Two thumbs up for that one :D

LE_OOS_GelEyelinerBrush_02.png

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Went a bit mad on the cosmetics shopping in the last week or so! I really need to stop reading this thread!

Bought the new Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye mascara- its really good, does exactly as it says! Really lenghtens my lashes and makes them flick out! Doesn't add volume though. The effect is a bit dramatic for everyday but would belovely for a night out!

Have been using the No7 hot cloth cleanser and I am in love with it-its amazing! In the morningI use it once and then at night twice-the first time to take off my make up and the second time just to make sure my skin is properly cleansed! My skin feels amazing- so soft and fresh! I always find that with most cleansers they don't fully remove your make up but with this every shred of make up even waterproof mascara dsappears! My only problem with it is that the muslin cloth doesn't look like its very hard wearing- anyone know if you can buy these individually?

Went for a facial the other day and of course fell for the beauticians speel about how my skin desperately needed the products they recommend! I've had really dark circles and puffy eyes recently so she recommended Dr. D Schwab Puff-away eye gel which I'm finding good even after a few days, puffiness has definitely decreased although I think I'm just stuck with he dark circles :mad:! The girl also recommened the Doctor D Schwab serum called G.S Ginkgosome- not convinved its havingany effect yet but its early days! Products are quite expensive 30 euro plus! One thing I definitely don't like about them is the pump, it pumps out muc more product than you need causing a lot of wastage, so the 15mls won'tlast very long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

booboo88 wrote: »
    which one is that?

maybelline eye studio lasting drama :)
    the brush is handy. I read about it in this forum and bought it. Even though Im a total novice i got the hang of it pretty quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

kate.m wrote: »
    maybelline eye studio lasting drama :)
    the brush is handy. I read about it in this forum and bought it. Even though Im a total novice i got the hang of it pretty quickly

I should really stop looking at this thread:o but ill deffo buy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I got Coastal Scents 88 original palette and I swear buy it, the colours are fanatasic and the quality is amazing. And it was only €20 inc p&p off ebay. They do 2 other palettes so I'm going to invest in them further down the line

Tablet2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I got Coastal Scents 88 original palette and I swear buy it, the colours are fanatasic and the quality is amazing. And it was only €20 inc p&p off ebay. They do 2 other palettes so I'm going to invest in them further down the line

Tablet2.jpg

Funny enough, I just got the 88 shimmer palette in the post today! I didn't get a branded one, got one from Hong Kong. Think this was the seller

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Professional-88-Color-Eye-Shadow-Ultra-Shimmer-Palette-/150653591020?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_up_Cosmetics_Eye_Shadow_PP&hash=item2313a75dec#ht_6561wt_905

The colours are lovely so far. Going out tonight so looking forward to trying them. Ahhh I love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I bought these on an impulse buy a few weeks ago at Sephora, the Fresh Magic Wands Mini Mascara Duo... Think you can only get them at Sephora, though. I kind of regretted it at first because it was $10 and I didn't think it was that great, but then I realized there is a method to putting it on (the black one first then the blue) and now I think it's a great buy! My lashes are so long and definitely a great choice for a night out... Plus, they're super handy for traveling!

10261799914.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

@ pencilsharp I love the hot cloth cleanser too. The cloth does get manky and needs to be washed (with your whites) every few days. Otherwise you are washing your face with a dirty cloth. I got a big pack of muslin cloths in the baby section in tesco (mothercare also do them). Just cut them into squares and you can have a clean one every day. 6 euro it was.

Bought catrice matte foundation with little expectations but really like it. Perfect colour for me 020 and great for work so not using the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Okay, not exactly a cosmetic but I bought this today :

10093648?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

Boots Essentials Tong and Brush.

I've wanted to buy a curling tongs for quite a while and I was in Boots today wandering around, waiting on a prescription to be filled, and spotted this! At only 14 euro I figured I'd pick it up and even if it wasn't great, I wouldn't have lost out on too much.

I've just tried it out now and I'm so impressed! I truthfully wasn't expecting much but it actually curls really nicely and I think it's something I'm gonna get a lot of use out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Lush Jackie Oates Colour Supplement

lush-face-care-jackie-oates-colour-supplement.jpg

I like this. A lot. It's Lush's version of a foundation, although you can mix it in with your moisturiser to make a tinted one. The coverage is not amazing, but it's good for colour correcting and evening out skin tone (I have a bit of rosacea on my chin and I found it really good for covering it!) There are four other colours available as well; Jackie Oates is for pale complexions.

Illamasqua Lipstick - Box

illamasqua-box-lipstick-2.jpg

LOVE this! I was up in Belfast last weekend, and I paid a trip to the Illamsqua counter in Debenhams (I've wanted their Jo'Mina nail polish forever). Red lipsticks are something I love, and I've been looking for the perfect one for the past while. Box is a great colour if you have cool undertones, as it's a blue based red. One of the girls on the counter put it on for me so I could see how it looked, and it lasted all day :) It is pricey (think it was £16, so probably about €19?) but I really think it's worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked these up today for €10 each, they were around €30 each I think.

Lancôme Ink Artliner - Pop Petrol

lancmeinkartlinerpoppet.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lancôme Color Focus Duo - 17 Ciel D'eau

eau2f.jpg

Photos from Google

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Facets of Fushia Revlon (enter the Nail Polish thread at your peril) :D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-t8H1vUY63xBwBKXZ36qEMI4Kx-Dura-D5a6BDj3l-znbyb9Aeg

Replaced my fave primer ever

lor3.jpg
    Then got this for free as 3 for 2 in Boots, just tried it there and I love it :D

article-2009581-0CC5006D00000578-444_196x239.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I must own that nail polish! It's fabulous, so glam.

I got Stila "One Step" primer in Sephora a few weeks ago. I was concerned about redness on my nose and dry skin, so the sales advisor suggested this one as it's a combination of primers in one, rather than going for the pure green Smashbox primer. Not really sure why I bought it because it should have been obvious to me that the colours just all mix together anyway when you put it on! It's a clear serum, pink for a glow, green for redness and lavender to counteract yellow undertones.

Anyway, I don't find it adds any amazing redness coverage, but as far as a pure primer, it's pretty great. It also hasn't dried my skin up, which is what happened with a Sephora own brand primer before. I don't even bother bringing out powder with me anymore, my make up never needs a touch up. So I spent on primer ($30 I think?) but am saving on powder/foundation as I don't need touch ups. Yup, that's justified I think ;)

Would purchase again, but maybe I will try the Smashbox next time just to see!

P269019_hero.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Damn ELF and their free shipping.

These are my latest purchases

ELF High Def powder. Anyone tried it???
    83331_PRODUCT_IMAGE.jpg

part of a gift for a friend who loves anything that sparkles

1572_ROLLOVER.jpg

For me, just cause I kinda like their nail polish and loved this colour for everyday wear. With seche vite on top it lasts very well

1561_ROLLOVER.jpg

And finally, just to make up the required minimum spend thought I would try this out as a convenient lip colour on the go :)

2114_ROLLOVER.jpg

In boots 3 for 2 today.

Got the Revlon Just bitten in passion. I love it! Gonna have it in my handbag all the time for times when I've no makeup on but want to go out. Think it'll be handy to add a bit of colour. Lasts ages! And it has a lip balm on the other end so your lips don't dry out. Hope the marker bit doesn't dry up too quickly though.

P_Lips_Lipgloss_JustBitten.ashx

Also got bourjois healthy mix concealer in medium. Never used a liquid concealer before. I had been using a stick one from no7 but this is much better. It doesn't dry around my spots making them look cakey. Was gonna get the collection 2000 one cos there's great reviews of it. Unfortunately every tube had been opened on the stand :(

hwthumb.asp?f=5_9_3_3_1540906.JPG&w=200&h=200

And finally, got a no7 foundation brush. Never used a brush for foundation before, always used sponges, so I'm dying to see what it's like.

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Foundation-Brush_947210/

Also got an eco tools brush set as a present. The fluffy eyeshadow brush is one I'll be looking for for myself. Not too big and it's domed and slightly tapered at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

kandr10 wrote: »

Got the Revlon Just bitten in passion. I love it! Gonna have it in my handbag all the time for times when I've no makeup on but want to go out. Think it'll be handy to add a bit of colour. Lasts ages! And it has a lip balm on the other end so your lips don't dry out. Hope the marker bit doesn't dry up too quickly though.

I got a Just Bitten years ago when it was just put on with a roller ball. The colour was great and lasted ages but was so drying :( This looks like a great improvement though, I'd be interested to try it. Pretty colour too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Boots Coconut & Almond Bath Cream

sam6575.jpg

Boots Therapy Tropical Indulgance Smooth Me

10096133?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

No7 Stay Perfect Trio Eyeshadow - Twilight (60)

$(KGrHqV,!jME4oeRu9YiBOS!uvJKs!~~_12.JPG

Photos from Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer:
    smashbox-photo-finish-foundation-primer.jpg
    Bought it on a flight so it came with both the normal bottle and the travel sized tube. Can't remember the exact price but I think it was around £23! Like it so far, haven't used it that much but my makeup was perfect after a few hours on the days that I've worn it! :)

Benefit Lip Shine in Foxy Lady:
    Benefit-Ultra-Shines-Lip-Shine-5ml-Foxy-Lady.jpg
    Love this too, the colour is lovely, doesn't look way too overdone but definitely adds something, which was what I was looking for.

Benefit They're Real Mascara:
    8796481126430.png
    Was actually shocked with the effects of this! The girl at the Benefit counter put it on, and even though I already had mascara on so it wasn't perfect, it looked brilliant. Put it on properly that night and it actually does look like false lashes. Well worth a try! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Just bought:

Maybelline Mineral Power Blusher in Gentle Pink

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=13587949

Urban Decay - Half Baked Eyeshadow

urban-decay-half-baked1.jpg

Bourjois Eau de Gloss Lipgloss - Eau Fraiche 11

bourjois-eau-de-lip-gloss-11-eau-fraiche-152-p.jpg

Benefit Foundation Brush

Benefit-foundation-brush.jpg_e_ea40d08d8cd53983f8c1d0c4d8bc7a91.jpg

Also going to buy Garnier BB cream, and I also have a question:

Has anyone used Revlon Colourstay Foundation? What would the difference between the oily skin and the dry skin one? I have combination skin and am not sure which one to get :/
    Also, Has anyone used Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation?

I'm torn between the two and seriously considering buying both...

I use the colourstay in combination/oily skin. The colour I use is buff. I like it cos it dries to a nice matte finish and the coverage is great. I haven't used the dry skin one (I also have combination skin). I'd imagine it's more of a dewy finish though. I prefer to have a matte finish and then add highlighter where I want the 'dewy' look.

• Advertisement

I got a Just Bitten years ago when it was just put on with a roller ball. The colour was great and lasted ages but was so drying :( This looks like a great improvement though, I'd be interested to try it. Pretty colour too.

I have heard that about lipstains generally alright. This one wears off nicely as well. I wasn't left with that weird dry looking line across the lips. Kinda strange to colour yourself in with a marker though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The Garnier BB cream is 33% off in Dunnes at the moment!

Well at least it was in Dunnes in Blanch today :)

Benefit They're Real Mascara:
    8796481126430.png
    Was actually shocked with the effects of this! The girl at the Benefit counter put it on, and even though I already had mascara on so it wasn't perfect, it looked brilliant. Put it on properly that night and it actually does look like false lashes. Well worth a try! :)

Got this as a present, didn't really want it (I know that sounds very ungrateful!)as I had Bad Gal mascara before and wasn't impressed as it dried up in about 3 weeks. Also I had only gotten Maybelline Colossal Cat eye mascara and I am in love with it! It makes your eyelashes look longer and flicks them out! I think its better than They're real and for a fraction of the price! Don't get me wrong They're Real is nice but far too expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

I just ordered creme de la mer there off cd wow! 128.00 :eek::eek:
    I really hope it is a miracle cream :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Got this as a present, didn't really want it (I know that sounds very ungrateful!)as I had Bad Gal mascara before and wasn't impressed as it dried up in about 3 weeks. Also I had only gotten Maybelline Colossal Cat eye mascara and I am in love with it! It makes your eyelashes look longer and flicks them out! I think its better than They're real and for a fraction of the price! Don't get me wrong They're Real is nice but far too expensive!
    I had the colossal and thought it smelt really bad :(

booboo88 wrote: »
    I had the colossal and thought it smelt really bad :(

Yeah now that you mention it it does smell bad, bit like the catrice products but once you put it on the smell disappears!

I just bought quite a haul from elf after seeing that this is their last 50% off offer! I bought a concealer brush, a powder brush, the Blushing Bronzing Blending brush, the Studio stipple brush, small smudge brush, eye crease brush, eye liner brush, blending eye brush, defining eye brush, eye shadow brush and a brush case.

All of this came to 16.95 including delivery. Yay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Novella wrote: »
    I just bought quite a haul from elf after seeing that this is their last 50% off offer! I bought a concealer brush, a powder brush, the Blushing Bronzing Blending brush, the Studio stipple brush, small smudge brush, eye crease brush, eye liner brush, blending eye brush, defining eye brush, eye shadow brush and a brush case.

All of this came to 16.95 including delivery. Yay! :)

I know what you mean, I just put in a big order also. I bought the brush case a few months ago and I love it. I thought it was great value at full price. I also have the studio stippling brush which is great and washes really well.

cordni wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I just put in a big order also. I bought the brush case a few months ago and I love it. I thought it was great value at full price. I also have the studio stippling brush which is great and washes really well.

Ooh good, I'm so happy to hear you like 'em! :) I have loads of brushes and for a while they were just floating around my make up bag but I found that really unhygienic so I started keeping them in a wee pen holder on my dressing table! When I saw the brush case, I just had to have it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ooh I need to get a nice brush roll also, I appear to have accumulated way too many brushes! I have them half in a small brush case and half in a cup, so hard to see them all!

I was with the boy last night and had loaded on the They're Real and he stopped me mid conversation - "Are they your REAL lashes???" Success!

Advertisement