Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

I am the same, I have dry skin, so I hope this works. I always set my face with powder so hopefully this works out. I am dubious about mixing it with foundation, but maybe as a setting powder it would be nice. Better be or I'll be so annoyed at myself for buying it!!

These three by Covergirl are awesome. I've used them all when I had oily/combo skin and now when I have dry skin. I can't recommend them enough. You need to buy online as they are not available in Ireland.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Covergirl-Outlast-Stay-Luminous-Foundation/dp/B00YLND0AY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1504977691&sr=8-1&keywords=Outlast+Stay+Luminous+Foundation

These two are my favourites. I rate them over high end foundations also.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Covergirl-Outlast-Fabulous-Foundation-Classic/dp/B0094G3MRY/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1504977712&sr=1-1&keywords=Covergirl+Foundation

https://www.amazon.co.uk/COVERGIRL-Gorgeous-Liquid-Foundation-Classic/dp/B00J2APE6O/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1504977712&sr=1-3&keywords=Covergirl+Foundation

I love the Chanel Perfection Lumière but it is horribly expensive. One of the best I have tried though and its definitely worth the price tag IMO.

http://www.boots.ie/chanel/chanel-make-up/chanel-complexion/chanel-perfection-lumiere-long-wear-flawless-fluid-makeup-spf-10-10134609

Wow! Thanks so much for the advise. I'm going to look into all of these right now. The oil in my t-zone seems to eat through any make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Wow! Thanks so much for the advise. I'm going to look into all of these right now. The oil in my t-zone seems to eat through any make up.
    You're welcome, if you wanna ask anything about those foundations feel free and I will do my best to help. I would recommend trying the Covergirl ones before going near Chanel just cos of how expensive it is.

My t-zone was the same, it was where foundation would separate/split, wear off and look awful on me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I have the exact same problem, gonna look into those foundations as well!

You're welcome, if you wanna ask anything about those foundations feel free and I will do my best to help. I would recommend trying the Covergirl ones before going near Chanel just cos of how expensive it is.

My t-zone was the same, it was where foundation would separate/split, wear off and look awful on me personally.

I'm the exact same. I'm using the correct skin care and my skin is fine without foundation but when I put on foundation, it's a total oil slick.

Just a question about colour on the Covergirl foundations. I'm never the palest shade, maybe two or so shades up. I have quite a rosie completion. What shade would you recommend? It's very hard to advise but you would know if these products oxidises. Thanks again x

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

Just want to share this website with you all (it may already be known to you)

Findation.com

You enter a brand and shade of foundation (one you've used and is your match) and it gives you the equivalent shade in numerous other brands. I've always found it very good and accurate. With so many shades available I sometimes get pure fed up trying to find my match. While you should always check, I find this a great starting point and then you can go 1 above or below to get a perfect match.
    I've nothing to do with this website but I would like to hat tip whoever does run it ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

I'm the exact same. I'm using the correct skin care and my skin is fine without foundation but when I put on foundation, it's a total oil slick.

Just a question about colour on the Covergirl foundations. I'm never the palest shade, maybe two or so shades up. I have quite a rosie completion. What shade would you recommend? It's very hard to advise but you would know if these products oxidises. Thanks again x
    I'm quite pale as well and I use the shade Classic Ivory in all, however, I found the Luminous one to be paler than the others, they are marginally darker, but not orange/tan/muddy. They've never oxidised on me at all. I ready plenty of reviews before purchasing them and didn't notice anyone saying they oxidised either.

I'll swatch them on my arms in a bit and post the pics here for you. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Do you mind me asking what skincare you're using? I haven't found anything to help the oiliness so far unfortunately

I'm quite pale as well and I use the shade Classic Ivory in all, however, I found the Luminous one to be paler than the others, they are marginally darker, but not orange/tan/muddy. They've never oxidised on me at all. I ready plenty of reviews before purchasing them and didn't notice anyone saying they oxidised either.

I'll swatch them on my arms in a bit and post the pics here for you. xx

Ah thanks so much. You're very kind. I appreciate it x

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what skincare you're using? I haven't found anything to help the oiliness so far unfortunately

What I use is the Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions. I am prone to breakouts so I find it good to control everything. I use the foam face wash, and moisturiser. I don't use the toner as is terribly harsh on my skin. I use the Garnier Skin Active Purifying Botanical Toner for combo to oily skin ( had to read that off the bottle lol!). Every now and then I use the Peter Thomas Roth Pumkin Enzyme mask so get rid of any dull skin.

I'm sorry, I completely forgot to do the swatches, but I will do them in the morning! I've a sticky note on my desk to do it! :o

• Advertisement

Sorry (again) for the delay. I can't seem to get the photos from my phone to my laptop, don't know why they won't transfer, I will keep trying and hopefully get them up ASAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Fenty Beauty is getting great reviews, particularly the foundation. I know that Harvey Nichols are stocking the range in the UK, so if they're also in Ireland I think I'll definitely try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Just looking for advice here from experienced beauty shoppers.....I'm getting my makeup done at the Charlotte Tilbury counter Thursday morning in Galway and I'm redeeming the cost against a product. I don't have any CT products so I've no idea-I've very dry skin so I heard I should stay away from the magic foundation. Any "must haves" worth getting?
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I don't own any CT myself but her lipsticks and lip liners (pillow talk particularly) are very popular and her bronzer highlighter palette also looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I don't have any Charlotte Tilbury products myself. But I recall that Lovely Girlie Bits blogger has mentioned a few of the products some maybe have a nose on her blog.
    Also from instastories this morning blogger Lipstick & Leopardprint had used a few CT products this morning, she didn't seem impressed with the eyeshadow quad but likes the lipstick (and she knows her lippies).

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

ciaradx wrote: »
    Fenty Beauty is getting great reviews, particularly the foundation. I know that Harvey Nichols are stocking the range in the UK, so if they're also in Ireland I think I'll definitely try it out.

I picked up the foundation and lip gloss in Harvey Nichols in Dundrum on Sunday and so far so good! Foundation is €33 in case anyone wondering

Great thanks for the replies re Charlotte Tilbury- the lipstick sounds like a good shout. I'm pretty low maintenance unless I'm going somewhere so even a nice day lippie like Pillow-talk would be prefect.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Great thanks for the replies re Charlotte Tilbury- the lipstick sounds like a good shout. I'm pretty low maintenance unless I'm going somewhere so even a nice day lippie like Pillow-talk would be prefect.
    Thanks!

Penelope Pink is another very popular CT lippy. Have heard good things about her nude eye liner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

They had no UD Naked Heat in Dublin airport so I picked up MAC In the buff pallette (15 shades 50.50), still messing about with it but love it so far. The mattes are excellent :)

It's an airport exclusive palette!

Thanks!
    I'm not a lipstick person but that pillow talk one looks brill. Might get one and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just looking for advice here from experienced beauty shoppers.....I'm getting my makeup done at the Charlotte Tilbury counter Thursday morning in Galway and I'm redeeming the cost against a product. I don't have any CT products so I've no idea-I've very dry skin so I heard I should stay away from the magic foundation. Any "must haves" worth getting?
    thanks!

Ive tried a few Charlotte Tilbury products and tbh theyre very hit and miss. I bought the magic foundation but sent it back for a refund after one use because it was horrific. Ive never returned a makeup item before but I practically begged the lady in BT to give me a refund. I couldnt justify that price for such an awful product.
    Wonderglow did absolutely nothing, my skin didnt look any different and it didnt effect my foundation in anyway, its an expensive gimmick imo.

With that said the CT lipsticks are amazing, best ive ever used and ive no problem spending 35 euro on them as I feel theyre worth the money. Bond girl is gorgeous as is Penelope Pink. I think Pillow talk is overhyped but its still a really lovely lipstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Magic foundation is a funny one. I love it and so does my sister. Then a friend of mine gave me her bottle because she hated it? Something to do with skin type maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

peekachoo wrote: »
    Magic foundation is a funny one. I love it and so does my sister. Then a friend of mine gave me her bottle because she hated it? Something to do with skin type maybe?

Yeah its a strange one, id have normal/dry skin and it looked awful, clung to dry patches and tiny imperfections I didnt even know where there, melted off other areas, separated like crazy. My friend has normal/oilier skin and it was horrific on her too, separated and melted off her face within an hour.. yet some people love it like a holy grail. Its funny how it reacts to different skin types. Id definitely suggest to anyone wanting to try it to get a sample first.

Yeah its a strange one, id have normal/dry skin and it looked awful, clung to dry patches and tiny imperfections I didnt even know where there, melted off other areas, separated like crazy. My friend has normal/oilier skin and it was horrific on her too, separated and melted off her face within an hour.. yet some people love it like a holy grail. Its funny how it reacts to different skin types. Id definitely suggest to anyone wanting to try it to get a sample first.

I have dry skin so worried they'll use it on me getting my makeup done tomorrow morning-i'll just stress that to them and see what works! I heard from a friend who also has dry skin that the CT light wonder foundation works a lot better on dry skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Totally agree with you. I got a sample of it and it looked horrific. I couldn't even leave it on for 5 mins. It was just that bad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

I agree as regards the Charlotte tilbury foundation it's horrid on my skin.

I recently got the anastasia modern renassaince pallets. The colours are lovely super pigmented and blend together well. However it is so powdery and the fall out is huge. That said I still like it and use it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

After all the talk about it here I caved and bought the naked heat palette! Dear Jesus it's beautiful!! I do feel guilty spending that much on a palette, but sure look I'd spend as much in penneys on crap. It's going to get its first outing tomorrow- can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Siobhnk wrote: »
    After all the talk about it here I caved and bought the naked heat palette! Dear Jesus it's beautiful!! I do feel guilty spending that much on a palette, but sure look I'd spend as much in penneys on crap. It's going to get its first outing tomorrow- can't wait!!!

I like to think of it as around €4 per eyeshadow rather than thinking of the full price, it makes it sound better :D
    Also I've had the ultimate basics palette since it came out, I use it almost every day and have barely made a dent in it yet so a good palette will last you ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

I like to think of it as around €4 per eyeshadow rather than thinking of the full price, it makes it sound better :D
    Also I've had the ultimate basics palette since it came out, I use it almost every day and have barely made a dent in it yet so a good palette will last you ages.

Exactly how I look at it & if you take into account the price per wear the palettes actual save you money 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I love your way of thinking <3

Advertisement