Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Me and the Naked Heat palette are getting married next week.
    It was love at first sight.
    Yer all invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

anna080 wrote: »
    Me and the Naked Heat palette are getting married next week.
    It was love at first sight.
    Yer all invited.

We'll be there wearing our naked heat eyeshadows.

Ooop there's my excuse for needing to buy one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Picked this up in penneys last week for €8. (Colours brighter than pic).
    Very impressed. Been wanting to try out these orangey red tones to see if they suit.
    Very easy shadows to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Finally got my hands on the Queen of Hearts palette by Coloured Raine <3 Can't wait to get home to play with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on the Queen of Hearts palette by Coloured Raine <3 Can't wait to get home to play with it!

Where did you get it from?

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    Where did you get it from?

Got it on Beauty Bay! I've been waiting for it for so long :D

10% off everything KVD, UD and Too Faced on Debenhams today! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I don't have any Charlotte Tilbury products myself. But I recall that Lovely Girlie Bits blogger has mentioned a few of the products some maybe have a nose on her blog.
    Also from instastories this morning blogger Lipstick & Leopardprint had used a few CT products this morning, she didn't seem impressed with the eyeshadow quad but likes the lipstick (and she knows her lippies).

Thanks for all the recommendations re Charlotte Tilbury. I got my makeup done in BT's in Galway there last Thursday and while it wasn't amazing I really liked it. She used the Magic foundation but gave me samples of of the Light Wonder so I'm looking forward to trying that out. They used the Dolce Vita palette on my sister and it was stunning, so beautiful. I ended up buying the Pillow Talk lippie and lip liner (I've never spent so much on a liner before!!) but wow I love them- the right purchase for me as I don't wear loads of make up but the lipstick is perfect for a day look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

mejulie805 wrote: »
    10% off everything KVD, UD and Too Faced on Debenhams today! :eek:

Thank you :D replaced my lost kvd Lolita lipstick!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

I'm blaming off of ye for my sudden want of the Naked Heat palette! However I'm a bit torn between it and the Huda Beauty Rose Gold pallette and ABH Modern Renaissance as well. Decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Morby wrote: »
    I'm blaming off of ye for my sudden want of the Naked Heat palette! However I'm a bit torn between it and the Huda Beauty Rose Gold pallette and ABH Modern Renaissance as well. Decisions, decisions!

I have Modern Renaissance and Rose Gold. The quality of both is excellent but MR is just that bit better, more blendable and a good mix of colours and finishes. RG has a lot of shimmer/foil colours so unless you will get a lot of wear out if these I don't think it's as practical as MR.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

I finally got my hands on the Catrice lightening drops and the Penneys 2 Pk blending brushes. Has anyone tried them yet?

On a budget these days, long gone are my luxury buys.

Also see beautybay has the Jaclyn Hill palette due in on the 28th Sept. Love the good mix of colours so I have my alarm set!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thank you :D replaced my lost kvd Lolita lipstick!

What's Lolita like? I live in Bow n Arrow, nicest matte liquid lipstick I've ever tried. Would love it in a nice plum shade for autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

What's Lolita like? I live in Bow n Arrow, nicest matte liquid lipstick I've ever tried. Would love it in a nice plum shade for autumn.

I know you didn't ask but I have Double Dare from the same range and its gorgeous. Its a blush colour with cool undertones, very Kylie Jenner-esque. Its lovely for everyday wear.
    I'm also on the look out for a nice plum so let me know if you find anything! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I adore it! It's definitely very autumnal :) it doesn't look the same on me as it does in pictures of Kat herself wearing it, but it's still quite plum-esque and has a subtle vampy-ness to it, if that makes sense. It does sound like it could be what you're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I wouldn't say Lolita is plum at all! It's more of a pinky brown IMO. It is gorgeous on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Got some Fenty products over the weekend and have to say, I love what I've seen so far. The foundation is some of the best I've ever tried. Light, but leaves a great finish and comes in so many colors. As a person of Irish and Azorean descent, I appreciate light foundations with a warm/peachy tone. That's not always easy to find!

Also, I love the highlighters. I got Trophy Wife, which is crazy fun, but I really love the duo Mean Money and Hustla Baby. Mean Money is more subdued, not as shimmery, but Hustla Baby is just so gorgeous. It's become my go-to for eyes and highlights. And you don't need much. I'm excited to try out more of the line.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Not to derail the thread but any shoppers of feelunique know if you get charged customs? I have a niggly feeling they do but the call of 20% off most joico products is calling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

deise_girl wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread but any shoppers of feelunique know if you get charged customs? I have a niggly feeling they do but the call of 20% off most joico products is calling :pac:

Any time I have ordered off them I got no custom charges and I have had a few big packages over the years

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Any time I have ordered off them I got no custom charges and I have had a few big packages over the years

I thank you but my bank account certainly does not!
    Dying to try the K Pak products!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up the Urban Decay Velvetizer this week. It better be good given the price of it.
    neonsofa wrote: »
    I'm so curious about this product! I have dry skin and can only use "hydrating" "dewy" type makeup or else I look like a corpse, so I can't try it myself, but I'm just so curious!! Keep us posted!

I've been using the Velvetizer most days since I got it (think there was 2 days I didn't use it) and I have to say, I am really impressed. It's expensive, but worth it :)

It's mattifying but it doesn't look cakey or heavy, doesn't cling to dry patches and doesn't emphasise dryness either.

I have definitely noticed it helping to keep my make up lasting longer. Although I have dry skin, I do sometimes (with some foundations) get a slight bit shiny around my nose and chin, that doesn't happen with this.

I wore it on one half of my face one day and a different powder on the other side and I could see a difference.

Some people say that it made their skin look airbrushed - it most definitely doesn't do that with me :pac: So I can't vouch for that claim.

I love it, I would recommend it and I would repurchase it. It's €29.50 for it though so it's not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

deise_girl wrote: »

Thanks for this needed to get more was running out!

I've been using the Velvetizer most days since I got it (think there was 2 days I didn't use it) and I have to say, I am really impressed. It's expensive, but worth it :)

It's mattifying but it doesn't look cakey or heavy, doesn't cling to dry patches and doesn't emphasise dryness either.

I have definitely noticed it helping to keep my make up lasting longer. Although I have dry skin, I do sometimes (with some foundations) get a slight bit shiny around my nose and chin, that doesn't happen with this.

I wore it on one half of my face one day and a different powder on the other side and I could see a difference.

Some people say that it made their skin look airbrushed - it most definitely doesn't do that with me :pac: So I can't vouch for that claim.

I love it, I would recommend it and I would repurchase it. It's €29.50 for it though so it's not cheap.

This sounds like things i need. How long would the whole bottle or whatever it is, last?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I've been waiting for your review:)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    This sounds like things i need. How long would the whole bottle or whatever it is, last?

And have you been adding to your foundation, or just using it as setting powder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Thanks for the review SB! Live when people give feedback after a while,I never trust first impression reviews cause I have loved products on the first day only to hate it after a few uses. It's like buyers rose tinted glasses on first try I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I have a voucher for Charlotte Tilbury this ages and when I saw the advertising for her new eye palette I was like great I'll get that.... but it's €75! I spend quite a bit on skincare and makeup each month and usually fall for every gimic going but I still think thats way too much for essentially a nude palette!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

bluewolf wrote: »
    I use it daily and I expect to get a good few months (close to a year) out of it. You only need the tiniest amount, well I do, if you are oily, you'd need more, but to be honest, I would say 9-10 months it should last.

I love the sifter part it small so only a tiny bit of the powder comes through it and when you open the lid it doesn't get everywhere, with some powders they leave a cloud in the air, this doesn't, so there really is no wastage with it.
    juke wrote: »
    I've been waiting for your review:)

And have you been adding to your foundation, or just using it as setting powder?
    Haven't mixed it in yet (sorry I meant to mention that but forgot to). only used it as a setting powder.. I don't know how it would work with mixing in, to be honest I could just see it being cakey and heavy so I don't think it's something I will try and if you were to mix it in with foundation you'd go through it quite quickly I would think, although I could be wrong.

The way I see it is, it's a mattifying powder, so if you mix it in, it will mattify your foundation, but then if your foundation is tacky and needs to be set, you'll basically be using it twice and that's how it would look heavy, cakey etc. Maybe I am wrong though.
    neonsofa wrote: »
    Thanks for the review SB! Live when people give feedback after a while,I never trust first impression reviews cause I have loved products on the first day only to hate it after a few uses. It's like buyers rose tinted glasses on first try I think!
    That's exactly how I am. First impressions are grand but they won't give a full impression of how something works so I don't rely on those generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Was in Barcelona the last few days & spent about three hours in Sephora!!!!

Talk about a makeup lover's Mecca!!

OMG!

Bought the Fenty foundation in 150 AND........

The new HUDA Desert Dusk palette.

Oh sweet jesus is it STUNNING!!!!!

Absolutely the most amazing palette I have.

Haven't worn it yet...have just drooled non stop over it!

I swatched it about a million times in the shop, using several different testers just in case...and it's simply magnificent.

All the formulas are gorgeous, creamy, and very pigmented.

The glitter shade is beautiful but will need a glue of course.

The shades are genuinely out of this world.

It's much better than the Rose Gold, but that is also gorgeous.

Desert-Dusk-1.png

The picture does not do it justice at all.

I had decided not to buy it when I first saw it on the net, but when I spied it in Sephora yesterday, I simply couldn't resist, even at a horrific €65!

Highly recommend it if you've been considering.

Oh man that looks amazing

I got the Nyx professional smokey palette today since I had enough boots points to get it free. I think i'd like a more red palette but I'm gonna keep playing around with this one

• Advertisement

The Look Fantastic Advent calendar is available for pre-order! Already ordered mine.. it's more expensive than last year but it says it's worth £300 as opposed to the £250 value in 2016.

Also got renewal of my Mudmasky mud mask, and also got their sleep mask as they sent me a sample and a 30% discount code. These products work miracles, even on my crazy sensitive skin.

Advertisement