Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

mejulie805 wrote: »
    The Look Fantastic Advent calendar is available for pre-order! Already ordered mine.. it's more expensive than last year but it says it's worth £300 as opposed to the £250 value in 2016.

Eek just ordered one there! Really wanted one last year but hummed and hawed over it for too long and it got sold out. After a few glasses of wine now so no better time to order a beauty advent calendar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

So I took advantage of the recent Cloud10 beauty offer of spend over €50 and get 5 free gifts. I ordered the Pixi Glow travel trio, mud mask and mud cleanser (both 15ml) and the tonic (40ml). I've been using the tonic for a while anyway and I love it. My skin is very sensitive and gets very dry on the forehead and sides of my nose. The Glow Tonic never irritates it and leaves my skin feeling so clean. So I wanted to give the cleanser and mask a go and so far so good.
    I also ordered the Remescar eye bags/dark circles cream and OMG!!! I suffer so badly with bags and dark circles and I'd spent a good while looking up products online and researching them and reading reviews. I'm actually not kidding when I say that this stuff is unbelievable. It's only an 8ml tube but you only need a tiny bit. I tried it out on one eye only at first and watched it working in the mirror. Maybe 3/4 mins and I looked like I had an eyelift.
    I left it as it was and asked my OH to have a look. He said the difference was such that it looked as if I had a black eye on the untreated one. It lasted about 4/5 hours and also worked under make up but you have to be gentle obviously when applying foundation.
    Anyway very long post but I'm so impressed with what it's done. Literally a game changer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

Forgot about the free gifts..so I'll just take a pic of them. Haven't used them yet so can't comment on them although I think I've heard good things about the Paula's Choice range snd everyone's knows Vita Liberata at this stage.

Edit to say pic won't load so
    *Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% Salicylic Acid (30ml)
    *Vita Liberata Body Blur Instant HD Skinfinish in medium (7ml)
    *Alpha H Cleanser with Aloe Vera (15ml)
    *Trilogy Rosehip Oil (Antioxidant +) (5ml)
    *Sigma Brush cleaning mat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I've been using the ordinary's peeling solution now for about 6weeks. Once a week.

I've seen a noticeable difference in the tone and texture of my skin.

It says to leave on for ten minutes, I started at 5 mins and worked my way up as I'm new to acids on my skin.

People have actually commented on my complexion :).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

http://www.catrice.eu/ie/nails/nail-polish/nail-products/catrice-cosmetics/iconails-gel-lacquer-13.html Someone gave me a gift of a bottle of this saying she got it for me because it was such a 'me' colour but apologising that as it was very cheap, it was bound to be chiptastic... Not so! It claims to give 'up to 7 days' of chip-free wear, and mine made it to 6 days before a small chip appeared on a damaged area of my thumbnail! Granted, it suffers a bit of tip wear but for a couple of euro I can live with that!
    I have my eye on a few of the pinky-taupe shades to go with all my lovely grey Winter clothes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

La.de.da wrote: »
    I've been using the ordinary's peeling solution now for about 6weeks. Once a week.

I've seen a noticeable difference in the tone and texture of my skin.

It says to leave on for ten minutes, I started at 5 mins and worked my way up as I'm new to acids on my skin.

People have actually commented on my complexion :).

Ooooohhh, intriguing! I bought this 2 months ago but was afraid to use it :o

How do you work it into your routine? (I assume use it at nighttime?)

I have some acne scarring and general redness on my cheeks, wonder would this be the elixir I’m after :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Ooooohhh, intriguing! I bought this 2 months ago but was afraid to use it :o

How do you work it into your routine? (I assume use it at nighttime?)

I have some acne scarring and general redness on my cheeks, wonder would this be the elixir I’m after :pac:

I was the same. Thought sheets of skin would come off!

I did a little patch test on my jaw line and had no reaction so just went ahead and used it. Like I said started off just leaving it on for 5 mins, working upto the full ten minutes.

Ya I use it once a week at nighttime, followed by a good moisturizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

dee_mc wrote: »
    http://www.catrice.eu/ie/nails/nail-polish/nail-products/catrice-cosmetics/iconails-gel-lacquer-13.html Someone gave me a gift of a bottle of this saying she got it for me because it was such a 'me' colour but apologising that as it was very cheap, it was bound to be chiptastic... Not so! It claims to give 'up to 7 days' of chip-free wear, and mine made it to 6 days before a small chip appeared on a damaged area of my thumbnail! Granted, it suffers a bit of tip wear but for a couple of euro I can live with that!
    I have my eye on a few of the pinky-taupe shades to go with all my lovely grey Winter clothes :)

Catrice nail polishes are one of my Fav's, they always wear well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anyone able to recommend a good moisturiser? My skin would be normal to dry. Not looking for something with a chemical/strong kind of smell, I can't use any of the No7 ones for that reason, as I have very sensitive eyes. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a good moisturiser? My skin would be normal to dry. Not looking for something with a chemical/strong kind of smell, I can't use any of the No7 ones for that reason, as I have very sensitive eyes. Any recommendations?
    This one is amazing

https://www.organicsurge.com/collections/face/products/super-intensive-daily-moisturiser

I've used it on oily and dry skin (my skin is very sensitive) and this moisturiser works amazingly well on it.

Its very thick but not greasy and it soaks in very quickly too.

I get it in TK Maxx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Trilogy vital moisturising cream for me. I've tried lots but always come back to this. It's just the right consistency and sits lovely under make ups

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

I am very sensitive to perfumes and find this great
    https://www.cetaphil.com/moisturizing-lotion
    I buy it on subscribe and save on Amazon and use it on body too. 473 ml for under a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Clinique moisture surge is unbeatable imo. I think its absolutely exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

dizzyn wrote: »
    Clinique moisture surge is unbeatable imo. I think its absolutely exceptional.

I loved this so much til it broke me out :(
    Made my skin so silky smooth initially though, wish I could use it, it's lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I've been using La Roche Posay Effeclar H for the past 6 months. My skin is quite dry/sensitive (I was on roaccutane) and this was perfect! I'm on my third bottle now

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Apparently Penneys won't be restocking the Catrice HD foundation and concealer :( love the concealer, will have to try and stock up

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    Apparently Penneys won't be restocking the Catrice HD foundation and concealer :( love the concealer, will have to try and stock up

Seriously?? Time to stock up for sure. Hope this isn't true. Tempted to go into town right now! :pac: I wonder why they would stop stocking it. It's very popular and always emptied off the shelves.

There must be other stockists though...

Seriously?? Time to stock up for sure. Hope this isn't true. Tempted to go into town right now! :pac: I wonder why they would stop stocking it. It's very popular and always emptied off the shelves.

There must be other stockists though...

Yeah that's what I would have thought too, always near impossible to find a fully stocked range of them! I wonder will it still be in chemists. Worth a look anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    What?! They are my holy grail products! It’s quite difficult to get the concealer as it is. When I was in my local Penney’s a few weeks ago the lady was just starting to restock the stand, I actually asked her could I root in the stock trolley for it!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    What?! They are my holy grail products! It’s quite difficult to get the concealer as it is. When I was in my local Penney’s a few weeks ago the lady was just starting to restock the stand, I actually asked her could I root in the stock trolley for it!

I know, I love the concealer! The foundation was a little too dark for me, but haven't found a better concealer :(

• Advertisement

Used my Lush Ultrabland balm cleanser for the first time in ages and I forgot how amazing it is. It left my skin feeling very clean, no redness and super hydrated. It was that good that my boyfriend noticed that my skin looked well, and he isn't the type to notice these things :pac:

Had been using the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser but going to go back to using Lush for sure. Its super cheap as well which is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Used my Lush Ultrabland balm cleanser for the first time in ages and I forgot how amazing it is. It left my skin feeling very clean, no redness and super hydrated. It was that good that my boyfriend noticed that my skin looked well, and he isn't the type to notice these things :pac:

Had been using the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser but going to go back to using Lush for sure. Its super cheap as well which is a bonus.

It's my favourite cleanser. It takes everything off AND it's so enjoyable to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I've been having an awful time taking my make up off recently. Time for a trip to Lush!

Can you buy the Lush one online? Is it good for irritated skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mammapinkbear

I've been using Liz Earle as well but i think i need to try the Lush one ... anyone have any other lush recommendations because let's face it, it would be rude to just order one product wouldn't it!!!

I love the skin drink moisturisor and the mask of magnamity facemask is amazing.

@Anna, its great for irritated skin, I get a random stress rash on my face every now and then, it goes along the side of my nose and is red, angry and bumpy. It would go the length of my nose and onto my cheek. So annoying. The ultrabland is the only thing I can use while I have it that doesn't make it worse and somewhat helps. Just remember to use it as a hot cloth cleanser, rub on the balm and remove with a hot face cloth.

Oh god that sounds like just what I need. I actually have that very rash right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

That cleanser sounds great, might pick it up when I run out of my current cleansers!

I'm a massive fan of the Lush bath bombs/fizzers, they're unbelievable and they smell amazing. I never use a full one at a time though, I always get 3-4 baths from one of them!

anna080 wrote: »
    Oh god that sounds like just what I need. I actually have that very rash right now!

Just saw your other thread. I've been getting that rash for about 18 months now, theres no rhyme or reason to it just appears out of nowhere for no reason. The only explanations my doctor could come up with was that it was a side effect of ovulating (:confused:) or that it was stress related because I'm not actually allergic to anything.
    The rash gets very dry and scaly and looks awful under make up, so I can sympathise.

Its only about €12 for a huge tub so its worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up these from Aldi: (heard great things about this range):

Facial oil: 5xviiq.jpg

Face mask: 29dfe3a.jpg

Used both and I'm really impressed.
    The face mask goes on lovely and smooth; gets very dry and tight as it sits on your skin, then washes off to reveal super smooth skin and the facial oil is gorgeous.
    It feels so luxurious and the day after, your skin feels like a baby's.
    So impressed!

They were €4.99 each.

Advertisement