Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Have my eye on two of the mini Huda eyeshadow pallets... The mauve one and the warm browns. Praying they aren't reduced for Black Friday because I will undoubtedly lose all self control and buy both!

Cult Beauty 15% off is probably a bad thing for you then :D
    Code - 15 black on orders over £20, 20BLACK for 20% on orders over £200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Deciem - makers of the ordinary - are doing some crazy good deals in their black friday sale of sets reduced, just got an email. http://deciem.com/blackfriday

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hungergamer

Kiko has buy any 3 products and get 3 free... I only need mascara but couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Have my eye on two of the mini Huda eyeshadow pallets... The mauve one and the warm browns. Praying they aren't reduced for Black Friday because I will undoubtedly lose all self control and buy both!

Thank you so much for putting this idea in my head 😂 ordered the mauve and the brown one from cult beauty last night with 15% off 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Cult Beauty 15% off is probably a bad thing for you then :D
    Code - 15 black on orders over £20, 20BLACK for 20% on orders over £200
    misslt wrote: »
    Thank you so much for putting this idea in my head �� ordered the mauve and the brown one from cult beauty last night with 15% off ��

I ordered too, as well as a liquid lipstick. Black Friday has me broke! Thanks for the tip @notjustsweet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Nars have 20% off with code TAKE20. Think it works out even cheaper if ordered on UK website using Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

AUY brushes have 60% off for the next 24hours.

La.de.da wrote: »

Your kidding?!?? I bought one yesterday when it was 30% off. Fuming now :(

Your kidding?!?? I bought one yesterday when it was 30% off. Fuming now :(

Ah no sorry! Bought the travel set and one for a friend for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

La.de.da wrote: »

Is there a code?

• Advertisement

Is there a code?

'blackfriday' down to 50% off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Rose Jam from Lush. Used it very sparingly last year so plan on stocking up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Real Techniques Filtered Face set down from €100 to €49 on Boots http://www.boots.ie/real-techniques-filtered-faced-set-10235481

I bought a similar set in the Black Friday sales last year.

I got the AYU buffing brush in the black Friday sales and it lives up to the hype. I've been using it all week and its truly amazing, especially considering the price. Highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I bought the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette yesterday. I knew it was going to be dear but didn't expect it to be €75 so kind of died inside when she said it, but it's just soooo gorgeous. I told myself I wasn't going to get it after every influencer going was sent one for free, which in turn effects the price we pay- but I got suckered when I saw the new CT stand in BT's in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

That stand is fab isn’t it compares to the little one they had a few months back! Almost bought a lippy a few weeks ago but nothing caught my fancy! Got look in a clutch on Black Friday so delighted with that!
    Had to get something for someone else and almost bought the eyeshadow palette Cos it looks fab but I really would only use a few colours so not worth it! (For anyone again in sales Harvey Nic’s was €40 for liner and lippy & free shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I nabbed myself a couple of blank canvas brushes in the Black Friday sale. Got the f20 and the f08 and I'm delighted with them! F20 gives a lovely finish for foundation and the f08 is good for a quite precise contour. They worked out at 21 quid delivered so I'm well chuffed!

What do yizzers use on your face in this horrendous dry weather? My skin is so dry and I have a dry skin patch on my eyelid :/

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

anna080 wrote: »
    What do yizzers use on your face in this horrendous dry weather? My skin is so dry and I have a dry skin patch on my eyelid :/

I increase my treatments during the winter so I exfoliate 2x week and try to do a moisturising mask in between. I use effacler duo plus moisturiser and evian water spray on my face during the day if it feels dry. The evian doesn't mess up your make up, just sinks in.

Thanks. Yea I'd exfoliate twice weekly too but not sure am I doing more harm than good. My skin hasn't been right for a few months now and I've loads of lovely skincare bits that I have to refrain from using while I try and strip things back.
    Have any of ye tried MooGoo? I've heard it's meant to be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Thanks. Yea I'd exfoliate twice weekly too but not sure am I doing more harm than good. My skin hasn't been right for a few months now and I've loads of lovely skincare bits that I have to refrain from using while I try and strip things back.
    Have any of ye tried MooGoo? I've heard it's meant to be good

I use the moo goo oil cleanser. It's good but not worth the price imo.

My skin loves when I use vaseline/aquaphor over my moisturiser when I go to bed. Locks it in. My pillow cases do not like this though.

Is your skin dry or dehydrated? Mine gets dehydrated with the heating on.

I would say it's a mixture of both. More dehydrated probably. I must try the Vaseline thing. I used to do that a while back and found it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I use my usual moistutiser and serum and then i put some eight hour cream over that, followed by my makeup. A make up artist gave me the idea when my skin was really dry for my sister in laws wedding and it really helped. 8 hour cream at night is great too but i hate how it ruins the pillow so instead im using some Huile Prodigieuse a couple of times a week.

FAB ultra repair cream is really good and hydrating for this time of year.

Can anyone who has ever gotten botox tell me how long it takes to take effect? I'm getting conflicting info all over the internet and my appointment isn't until tomorrow. I thought the results were instant but the I'm seeing 10-14 days thrown out a lot online.
    Also, I presume I should be ok to get a brow wax and apply tan/make up to the face by Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Can anyone who has ever gotten botox tell me how long it takes to take effect? I'm getting conflicting info all over the internet and my appointment isn't until tomorrow. I thought the results were instant but the I'm seeing 10-14 days thrown out a lot online.
    Also, I presume I should be ok to get a brow wax and apply tan/make up to the face by Saturday?

About 10 days is the norm, but some people will see it sooner.

You can reapply your make-up before you even leave the surgery. Waxing/blading/threading are more of an issue before Botox than afterwards as they will affect how much you can move your brows, which will affect the doctor's assessment of where to place it. Two days after won't be an issue at all.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    About 10 days is the norm, but some people will see it sooner.

You can reapply your make-up before you even leave the surgery. Waxing/blading/threading are more of an issue before Botox than afterwards as they will affect how much you can move your brows, which will affect the doctor's assessment of where to place it. Two days after won't be an issue at all.

Thanks so much for the reply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I would say it's a mixture of both. More dehydrated probably. I must try the Vaseline thing. I used to do that a while back and found it good.

Maybe try a hyaluronic acid serum.... if dehydration is a problem.

The ordinary have one and indeed labs one also has great reviews (although I have only tried the former, which I highly recommend).

Indeed labs hydraluron - http://www.boots.ie/indeed-labs-hydraluron-moisture-boosting-facial-serum-10140287

Indeed labs moisture jelly - http://www.boots.ie/indeed-labs-hydraluron-moisture-jelly-10177191

The ordinary HA serum - http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-hyaluronic-acid-2pct-b5-30ml

Vicky also recently brought out a similar product. I haven’t tried it, but it seems to be getting good reviews: http://www.boots.ie/vichy-mineral-89-50ml-10237663

The skin nerd said recently not to use hyaluronic acid during the winter unless you're using a moisturiser with a very high moisture content as the air here is so dry it will pull moisture from your skin rather than the air leading to more dehydration and a vicious circle.
    It may still be on her Facebook page for anyone wanting to read it.

Just a warning for those still using it!
    I've dropped it from my regime for the time being and my skin is much happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Just ordered the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette. Hope it lives up to the hype :o

Advertisement