Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

The skin nerd said recently not to use hyaluronic acid during the winter unless you're using a moisturiser with a very high moisture content as the air here is so dry it will pull moisture from your skin rather than the air leading to more dehydration and a vicious circle.
    It may still be on her Facebook page for anyone wanting to read it.

Just a warning for those still using it!
    I've dropped it from my regime for the time being and my skin is much happier.

Oh I did not read that - good to know. Might be best to stick with a good moisturiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

30% off Urban Decay in Debenhams today for any present buying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Just ordered the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette. Hope it lives up to the hype :o

I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Just ordered the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill palette. Hope it lives up to the hype :o

Have my eye on this for ages but I really want Kat Von D Saint n Sinner for my collection and it's limited edition so I think that's first on my list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

According to the website it's just off the Naked palettes.
    I'd recommend Naked 1 and Ultimate Basics if anyone is looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I'm stuck between those two, have had the naked 1 before and only used half - but I loved that half....
    So conflicted

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

They must have changed it in the time between me writing the post and you writing yours. I get the heavy metals pallette for 39 instead of 49 early this morning and they had all UD on sale that time.

They must have changed it in the time between me writing the post and you writing yours. I get the heavy metals pallette for 39 instead of 49 early this morning and they had all UD on sale that time.
    Ah dammit!! I don't need the Heat palette but I kinda want it and a big discount may have swayed me!

From Facebook. Only applies to the Grafton street store.

I saw on the beautiful truths Facebook that the Urban Decay Grafton Street store has some discounts for Christmas.
    Dec 7th to 10th - Naked 1,2,3, Smoky and Ultimate Basics are 30e.
    Dec 11th to 17th - Smokey is 40% off
    Dec 15th to 17th - Ultimate Basics is 50% off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Got a €200 one for all card as my xmas bonus in work..And I'm thinking I'm going to treat myself to new make up!
    Santa is already bringing my the Huda Warm Browns pallet and the Mauve pallet too, as well as a pack of the mini liquid lipsticks, so no pallets.

Anyone have any recommendations? So far I have Mac mineralise skinfinish in the shade light (for contouring) and the brow pencil in the shade spiked.
    I'm toying with getting the UD liquid moondust but I'm not sure, or else one of the Vice comfort matte lipsticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 selda

I think is a great idea, every girl that loves make-up will agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

The Huda highlighter is nice! Really pigmented and glowy! Swatch it first tho incase it might be to much!! I have the pink sands one Think it’s better for paler skin. Gold sands one better for darker skin.

Lipliner! Will be handy for youI Huda Lippys! Or just get a few of the penneys ones I find them brill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

The skin nerd said recently not to use hyaluronic acid during the winter unless you're using a moisturiser with a very high moisture content as the air here is so dry it will pull moisture from your skin rather than the air leading to more dehydration and a vicious circle.
    It may still be on her Facebook page for anyone wanting to read it.

Just a warning for those still using it!
    I've dropped it from my regime for the time being and my skin is much happier.

There is still high humidity in the air even now with the cold so we should be ok. However yes if you are constantly inside with dry heat then it can have the opposite affect. I always put it on to a slightly damp face after washing and so far it's still working well.

Just anther POV on HA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

UD Naked Ultimate Basics half price in Debenhams (€23.75) so have ordered for collection tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

cee_jay wrote: »
    UD Naked Ultimate Basics half price in Debenhams (€23.75) so have ordered for collection tomorrow.

Me too, it's been sold out online last couple of days and I was in Debenhams yesturday and they said 150 were gone by 11am! I just by chance checked the website last night and delighted they were back in stock.

That's such a bargain! I get so much use out of my palette, definitely a must have!

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Me too, it's been sold out online last couple of days and I was in Debenhams yesturday and they said 150 were gone by 11am! I just by chance checked the website last night and delighted they were back in stock.

Just ordered online now too. So delighted!!

I bought the urban decay ultimate basics in the grafton street store in Friday at half price for as an early Birthday Present to myself!

Its a "transition shade" and travel mirror dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I had resisted it so many times but when you posted I just thought - ah it's Christmas! It is a bargain :)
    GingerLily wrote: »
    I bought the urban decay ultimate basics in the grafton street store in Friday at half price for as an early Birthday Present to myself!

Its a "transition shade" and travel mirror dream.
    What do you mean a transition shade?

• Advertisement

What do you mean a transition shade?

To blend out bolder colours used in the crease, especially shimmers on the lids - it's a bit of a makeup guru term but it's actually great to finally know how to blend properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Thank you! I just ordered one for myself and 2 for my sisters!

Edit: got an email to say they're out stock and I'll be refunded :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I went to newbridge today to have a look at the palette and they had some there for an extra 20% off because they were damaged with a stack of 20 or so. I got one that the black shade was barely chipped for less than 20 euro. Over the moon!! That was late this evening so might be some left in the morning. They all just seemed to have to black damaged a little bit but nothing a wipe wouldn’t clean up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

KatW4 wrote: »
    Thank you! I just ordered one for myself and 2 for my sisters!

Edit: got an email to say they're out stock and I'll be refunded :(

It's back online again now if you want to try buy again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I went to newbridge today to have a look at the palette and they had some there for an extra 20% off because they were damaged with a stack of 20 or so. I got one that the black shade was barely chipped for less than 20 euro. Over the moon!! That was late this evening so might be some left in the morning. They all just seemed to have to black damaged a little bit but nothing a wipe wouldn’t clean up.

I ordered mine with Click and Collect, and collected it yesterday lunchtime. Opened it when I got back to my desk, and the black was damaged and spilled everywhere :mad:

I ordered mine with Click and Collect, and collected it yesterday lunchtime. Opened it when I got back to my desk, and the black was damaged and spilled everywhere :mad:
    Same with mine when I ordered it from Debenhams ages ago. Black eyeshadow was all over the palette, took me ages to clear it up. Debenhams wouldn't replace it (and I don't live anywhere near a store). They did refund me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

saggycaggy wrote:
    It's back online again now if you want to try buy again!

Thank you! I've tried again so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Had some money from work lotto so I treated myself to the Kat von D Glimmer palette. Love the colours and they stay on. Great sparkle too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

RosyLily wrote: »
    Had some money from work lotto so I treated myself to the Kat von D Glimmer palette. Love the colours and they stay on. Great sparkle too!!

Ahm finding it very hard to go past Debenhams without buying a Kat von D product! The lipsticks nearly always get compliments and when mixed with the Alchemist palette I get some of the most unusual lip looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Ahm finding it very hard to go past Debenhams without buying a Kat von D product! The lipsticks nearly always get compliments and when mixed with the Alchemist palette I get some of the most unusual lip looks.

Their liquid lipsticks are my holy grail! Her liquid eyeliner is brilliant too!

Advertisement