Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Their liquid lipsticks are my holy grail! Her liquid eyeliner is brilliant too!

The lipsticks are so good! For the eyeliner, I don't know if it's change of formula or what, but the tattoo liner was complete pish for me. Watery, not very black and didn't last. The way people rave about it though I do wonder if I just got a dud.

Also fingers crossed for Kat Von D to be included in the January sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

La_Gordy wrote: »
    The lipsticks are so good! For the eyeliner, I don't know if it's change of formula or what, but the tattoo liner was complete pish for me. Watery, not very black and didn't last. The way people rave about it though I do wonder if I just got a dud.

Also fingers crossed for Kat Von D to be included in the January sale!

To be fair, I have to say I love her Tattoo liner. Very pigmented with a very fine tip. Definitely worth giving it another go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Anyone recommend a red lip liner? I got a bottle of YSL black opium for Christmas and it came with a red lippie, it's a bright red like mac ruby woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My sisters got me the Huda Beauty warm obsessions palette. Have only tried the 2 lighter colours as I haven’t really had a chance to use it properly yet. But the colours look gorgeous and it’s a handy size and fairly sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anyone recommend a red lip liner? I got a bottle of YSL black opium for Christmas and it came with a red lippie, it's a bright red like mac ruby woo.

Mac do a ruby woo lip liner. I also really like Huda beauty’s lip contour, she has 2 red ones.

• Advertisement

Second the Mac liner. That said, users on this thread are always complimenting the Penneys lipliners. Maybe gie them a go first?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    My sisters got me the Huda Beauty warm obsessions palette. Have only tried the 2 lighter colours as I haven’t really had a chance to use it properly yet. But the colours look gorgeous and it’s a handy size and fairly sturdy.

I got that and the mauve one! They are brill! Everybot as good as the rose gold palette! Would defo recommend if any of you were looking for something!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mammapinkbear

I bought the YSL All Hours foundation just before Christmas and I have to say I love it. It goes on a dream, gives a flawless appearance to my skin and has great staying power. Definitely worth the price tag for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Benefit Cosmetics Voluntarily Recalls Gimme BrowEyebrow Gel

Benefit Cosmetics is committed to the highest levels of quality and doing what’s right for our customers. Out of an abundance of caution, we are initiating a voluntary recall of our Gimme Brow product after discovering that recent batches of the product did not meet our stringent quality standards.

If applied in its normal usage on the brows, the Gimme Brow product doesn’t involve any risk. However, if it comes into contact with the eyes, it could lead to eye irritation.

We recommend that you stop using the product. For a full refund of the Gimme Brow product, please return it to your original place of purchase or contact us:

By email: GimmeBrowInfo@benefitcosmetics.com

By phone:

UK: 0800 0868204

Elsewehere: +1-317-449-2302 (US Toll number for international calls)

We sincerely regret the inconvenience this recall may cause.

gimme-brow

Is this a different eyebrow product than the one recalled earlier this year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You're the second person I've seen that has said they got a liner recently and found it watery :( I'm due a new one soon and I'm having second thoughts on re-purchasing if it's going to be watery. The selling point for me before was how black it was.

I just got the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and I love it, medium to full coverage depending on how much you use. I've been applying with a Beauty Blender and it goes on so well.

Twee. wrote: »
    You're the second person I've seen that has said they got a liner recently and found it watery :( I'm due a new one soon and I'm having second thoughts on re-purchasing if it's going to be watery. The selling point for me before was how black it was.

You know, even when I was trying it out on my hand in Debenhams I thought it was watery. But I kidded myself into thinking that it was probably just nearly finished given it was the tester. I bought into the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

You know, even when I was trying it out on my hand in Debenhams I thought it was watery. But I kidded myself into thinking that it was probably just nearly finished given it was the tester. I bought into the hype!

It's funny you both say that - I repurchased the eyeliner for the second time a couple of months ago, before that it was maybe 6 months to a year since I'd tried it for the first time, and I found it the same! Not nearly as good as the first time I tried it. Had me doubting whether I actually liked it that much the first time around, or was it just the hype. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Went and smashed my Becca Cosmetics champagne pop highlighter last night. The pain is real.
    Looking for recommendations for a new one, have previously used Mac Soft & Gentle and The Balm Mary Loumanizer, so any suggestions are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mac Double Gleam is amazing. I was a Becca devout until I tried this and now I'm converted for life. It's fab.

You guys will probably remember me complaining about my skin being very intolerant and reactive lately. Well I switched my cleanser to the La Roche Posay Toleraine Dermo cleansing milk and be Jaysus it's the best thing ever. I was an Oskia fan club member for life but I think I'm converted. It's sooo soothing on my skin and it's amazing at removing make up. I just massage it in to my skin and use warm water and a cloth to remove the make up. My skin is so clear now and it's at the best it's been in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Went and smashed my Becca Cosmetics champagne pop highlighter last night. The pain is real.
    Looking for recommendations for a new one, have previously used Mac Soft & Gentle and The Balm Mary Loumanizer, so any suggestions are welcome.

You can fix it with rubbing alcohol - there are loads of YouTube videos tutorials showing you how to do it. It might be worth trying to fix it? It's too pretty to go in the bin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

GingerLily wrote: »
    You can fix it with rubbing alcohol - there are loads of YouTube videos tutorials showing you how to do it. It might be worth trying to fix it? It's too pretty to go in the bin :(

Where can you buy rubbing alcohol? I have 2-3 blushers/highlighters that I need to salvage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Where can you buy rubbing alcohol? I have 2-3 blushers/highlighters that I need to salvage

I got a bottle of it in Boots, at the pharmacy counter. I'd say most pharmacies sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I'm another vote against Tattoo Liner, find mine watery as well and not impressed with the staying power, it never lasts in my inner corner. The Bourjois stylos are better.

The Cool wrote: »
    I'm another vote against Tattoo Liner, find mine watery as well and not impressed with the staying power, it never lasts in my inner corner. The Bourjois stylos are better.

They must have changed something in the production process, I’ve been through 2 and loved them, what a shame!

Must try the Bourjois, thanks for the recommendation!

• Advertisement

So far I've resisted buying the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. There's no Urban Decay counter near me so I haven't even so much as swatched it. But I still have the want for it!
    I'll be flying out of Dublin next month and am tempted to buy it in The Loop.

Can anyone tell me is it real orange-y coloured shadows? Is it a day-time, work appropriate palette - I don't get many nights out and mainly just throw on a bit of makeup going to work.

Or basically someone to tell me you need to have this palette in your life or no you will survive without it!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    So far I've resisted buying the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. There's no Urban Decay counter near me so I haven't even so much as swatched it. But I still have the want for it!
    I'll be flying out of Dublin next month and am tempted to buy it in The Loop.

Can anyone tell me is it real orange-y coloured shadows? Is it a day-time, work appropriate palette - I don't get many nights out and mainly just throw on a bit of makeup going to work.

Or basically someone to tell me you need to have this palette in your life or no you will survive without it!!! :D

I havnt bought it although I really wanted to and planned to pick it up last time I was in Dublin, I went to Debenhams and tbh I was really disappointed with it so didnt buy it, there are a few nice colours but most of them were very similar, I like to have a good variety of shades in a palette, particularly at that price. The colours were very orangey/brown, they swatched very well but the shades just didn't do it for me. It could be used for day or night time makeup - I suppose its convenient in that sense but I dont think its anything special.
    Dont take my word for it, check it out in the Loop, it might be to your taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

After reading Marion Keyes write up in the Times yesterday, I didn't even try to resist, shade is Stunna

22360.jpg?sw=550

I love it. It's way darker on me than it looks in the bottle. Bit tricky to put on at first, but once it's on, it has real staying power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Has anyone ever tried "James Read overnight face tan"?
    The bowld Pippa is a big fan but I'd like to know from yourselves is it worth purchasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

heldel00 wrote: »
    The bowld Pippa is a big fan but I'd like to know from yourselves is it worth purchasing?

I'd recommend for face fake tan this stuff
    http://www.boots.ie/clarins-radiance-plus-golden-glow-booster-10170951

You can mix it with your regular night time moisturiser so you don't need to change your skin care routine to use it, which is really like!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Clinique take the day off, fab makeup completely removed and skin left feeling soft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I bought Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light yesterday. The blurb says:
    Powders mimic six universally flattering light sources, from morning light to candlelight, allowing clients to build a wardrobe of options—not unlike having a personal lighting technician at your disposal.
    • By manipulating and filtering out harsh light, powders conceal skin imperfections, pores and wrinkles.
    • State-of-the-art formula delivers a multi-dimensional luminescence to every skin tone, making it appear softer, younger and perfectly lit.
    • Universal powders make them suitable for every skin tone, while each can be worn day and night.
    • The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography.

Quite a high claim but a friend has been raving about it. The diffused light colour is a pale yellow powder but supposedly conceals redness and gives skin clarity - we'll see! Anyone else here used it?

heldel00 wrote: »

I've not used this particular product but I have used the H20 Tan Mist and had a spray tan with his line, both were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I finally broke down and purchased the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette today, along with their Vice Comfort Matte lipstick in Hitch Hike. I haven't been that drawn to the other palettes in the Naked line. But being dark haired and dark eyed with red undertones in both, warm browns and burgundies usually work out really well for me, so the Heat palette has been on my mind since it came out.

I also bought the Fresh Lotus youth Preserve Rescue mask, which has gotten some great reviews. I'm excited to try this 5 minute facial.

• Advertisement

My skin has gone so oily recently so I’ve been using La Roche Posay Effaclar K+. Good results so far, have definitely noticed a difference, works well under makeup as well.

Advertisement