Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have to go buy that mascara, have heard so many good things about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Me to. I am always on the look out for a good mascara. This one seems to get great reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I got the They're Real mascara yesterday... I really like it! It is expensive, though, so I'd make sure to try it before you buy it in case you're not happy! Definitely a mascara for looking extra special, maybe not an everyday thing.. at least not for me! It's very dramatic :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got the They're Real mascara yesterday... I really like it! It is expensive, though, so I'd make sure to try it before you buy it in case you're not happy! Definitely a mascara for looking extra special, maybe not an everyday thing.. at least not for me! It's very dramatic :)

Yup mine is reserved for weekends only :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

To the girls taht have they're real mascara....how are you using it? It seems like a fairly ordinary mascara to me when i do the normal coating...but when i get to the pushing the wand horizontally up i find the mascara goes all over the place, into my eye, on my eyelid and make up etc

Also when i do the zig zag as instructed my lashes just all get stuck together? Using the little ball thing helps but then the rest of my make up is wrecked! Also after 2 clumps my lshes look a bit spidery legsy :(

Help! I really want to love this but so far i'm gutted that i ought thihs instead of black out!

• Advertisement

bootshotcloth.jpg

I bought this today. I had one of those 7.50 off No 7 products from Boots, so I think I only paid about a fiver. I have heard such great things about the Liz Earle cloth cleanser but it's quite expensive so when I saw this, I figured I'd try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got this on CD Wow recently. Givenchy Play. I generally just wear the same perfume all the time and am trying to branch out. Smell lasts all day and is nice and floral.

Play_For_Her_Givenchy_women.jpg.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

slowmoe wrote: »
    To the girls taht have they're real mascara....how are you using it? It seems like a fairly ordinary mascara to me when i do the normal coating...but when i get to the pushing the wand horizontally up i find the mascara goes all over the place, into my eye, on my eyelid and make up etc

Also when i do the zig zag as instructed my lashes just all get stuck together? Using the little ball thing helps but then the rest of my make up is wrecked! Also after 2 clumps my lshes look a bit spidery legsy :(

Help! I really want to love this but so far i'm gutted that i ought thihs instead of black out!

I always make sure to push off a bit of the mascara that's on the "ball" part of the brush, it certainly can get everywhere!

As for the technique, I try and start it as close to the lash line as possible, zigzagging a little bit and then slowly pulling the brush out to the tips of my lashes.
    Novella wrote: »

I bought this today. I had one of those 7.50 off No 7 products from Boots, so I think I only paid about a fiver. I have heard such great things about the Liz Earle cloth cleanser but it's quite expensive so when I saw this, I figured I'd try it out.

Definitely want to try this soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

bootshotcloth.jpg

I've used this, its very good. The cloth is ridiculously small though, so you could think about buying muslin squares so you have a few clean ones on hand instead of re-using the same one all the time. Tesco do them in the baby aisle iirc.

^ I was just thinking that the cloth is really small!

Unrelated, yesterday I bought Topshop lipstick in Rio Rio and I absolutely LOVE it.

lipsrio1_200x271.jpg

This is definitely up there with the best lipsticks I have ever tried. It lasts for ages, doesn't dry my lips out and the colour, oh, it's just so pretty! It costs 12 euro. I am without a doubt gonna pick up more shades.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked this up in Boots today for around €30, haven't used it yet, can't wait to try it though :D

remington.jpg

Photo from Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Picked this up in Boots today for around €30, haven't used it yet, can't wait to try it though :D

I have that and it's bloody brill! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Just back from Honeymoon, went MAC hunting in the outlets picked up
    Mega Metal in Prance.
    mediahp_peacocky013.jpg
    Lipglass in Disco Frenzy
    sizeimage.aspx?client=22976&image=frenzy_002.jpg&height=230&width=280&colour=FFFFFF&offer=1
    and Cherry Electric
    cherryelectric.jpg

Also picked up some MAC mineralise foundation in medium plus.
    mac-dillards-loose-powder-mineralize-spf-15-foundationloose.jpg

Then headed to Sephora and picked up this
    Sephora%2BCollection%2BMoonshadow%2BBaked%2BPallet%2BNude.jpg

Some Duo lash glue and They're Real from Benefit, I usually use YSL Faux Cils and to be fair the They're Real is as good if not better, I only have it a few days so I'm waiting to see if it lasts as long as the YSL.
    But yeah its a bitch to get off.....:D

Oh and the Naked Palette is as had to get in NYC as it is here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Ginny wrote: »
    Just back from Honeymoon, went MAC hunting in the outlets picked up
    Mega Metal in Prance.
    mediahp_peacocky013.jpg
    Lipglass in Disco Frenzy
    sizeimage.aspx?client=22976&image=frenzy_002.jpg&height=230&width=280&colour=FFFFFF&offer=1
    and Cherry Electric
    cherryelectric.jpg

Also picked up some MAC mineralise foundation in medium plus.
    mac-dillards-loose-powder-mineralize-spf-15-foundationloose.jpg

Then headed to Sephora and picked up this
    Sephora%2BCollection%2BMoonshadow%2BBaked%2BPallet%2BNude.jpg

Some Duo lash glue and They're Real from Benefit, I usually use YSL Faux Cils and to be fair the They're Real is as good if not better, I only have it a few days so I'm waiting to see if it lasts as long as the YSL.
    But yeah its a bitch to get off.....:D

Oh and the Naked Palette is as had to get in NYC as it is here :D

Wow that was a nice haul. The sephora eyeshadows look lovely. Do you find the mac mineralise good??

I actually do, I was a bit iffy about it first, but I wore it while out n NYC so it was warm enough and when I came home it was still fine just looked a bit more dewy, but that just made it look better if you know what I mean.
    I usually use studio sculpt, but I rarely wear makeup everyday, but I could see myself wearing the mineralise as the finish is lovey, it gives enough overage without looking like you're wearing a lot of make-up.

The Sephora shadows are lovely, and I can sorta cover the naked palette colours now between the Sephora palette, the big beautiful eyes from Benefit and my old trusty Mac Jewel palette
    s320x240

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Where did you get the mac palette? I was desperately searching for one when I was away but could only see the individual shadows. Thought the palette would be better value. I've my lil heart set on ud naked now though :)

bootshotcloth.jpg

I absolutely LOVE this. There are not many products that I stay loyal to, but I have a feeling that this will be one. It makes my skin feel so nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

kandr10 wrote: »
    Where did you get the mac palette? I was desperately searching for one when I was away but could only see the individual shadows. Thought the palette would be better value. I've my lil heart set on ud naked now though :)

That palette is old and not for sale anymore. More will be coming out quite soon for Christmas though!

Like Pythia sad it's an old Mac palette, 2006 I think, there should be a new one out for Christmas though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Ginny wrote: »
    Like Pythia sad it's an old Mac palette, 2006 I think, there should be a new one out for Christmas though.

please dont tell me........when and if :) my bank balance hates this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

On some of your recommendations I bought Benefits "They're Real" mascara this morning. Tried it on over mascara I had already on and I love it already. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Got a sample of Esteé Lauder double wear light last weekend, had the girl try it on me in the shop, got home white neck, orange face and looked as if she'd used a whole tub powder on me, when she only dabbed a little on my spots to set the concealer she tried also.

Horrible foundation, very heavy (for me anyway) and very chalky/powdery looking.

Been using Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation, absolutely love love love it. Light coverage, which is perfect for me as I hate heavy/full coverage foundation.

I love putting the BBSF on using the Face Brush, it gives a streak free, flawless application. I sometimes use this brush for applying the natural finish foundation.

I one tried to apply the luminous moisturizing foundation but found the foundation went on a bit too heavy for me, but then I could have put too much foundation on the brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

bootshotcloth.jpg

I bought this today. Like Novella I've been wanting to try the Liz Earle one but thought I'd try this first. And I also had a No7 voucher:) Can't wait to try it tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Personally I love D/W, never had any of the problems you've mentioned. Each to their own I suppose.

I bought this today. Like Novella I've been wanting to try the Liz Earle one but thought I'd try this first. And I also had a No7 voucher:) Can't wait to try it tonight!

Oh, I love it so much! I know I keep going on about it but it really is great! I've never had a cleanser that even got off all of my eye make up in one go. So good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

8053(2).jpg
    Really need new brushes so went to get these on ELF but they are not available yet.Hopefully they will be good when I do get them though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Oh, I love it so much! I know I keep going on about it but it really is great! I've never had a cleanser that even got off all of my eye make up in one go. So good!

Tried it last night and I'm definitely impressed! My skin felt really soft after it and really really clean if that makes any sense:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Tried it last night and I'm definitely impressed! My skin felt really soft after it and really really clean if that makes any sense:p

Its really good, but its even better when you use a decent sized muslin square. That cloth - and only one? - is WAY too small. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

As well as the four polishes I posted in the nail polish thread, I got:

NARS eyeshadow in Night Porter
    narsnightporter__80073.jpg
    Black with Green shimmer

NARS eyeshadow in Strada
    nars-barneys-new-york-eye-shadow-shimmer-eyeshadow-strada.jpg
    Lavender with Gold shimmer

Bare Escentuals Liner Shadow in Sugar Plum
    2094069?$lg$

All reduced in the ASOS sale, can't wait for them to arrive!

• Advertisement

Got these few bits today.

Dove Sumer Glow

Dove-Summer-Glow.jpg

Garnier 7 Day Body Lotion - Dry to extra dry skin

DSCF6451a.jpg

Lancome Le French Absolu Lipstick #100 Rouge 29 - I don't normally wear lipstick, but this one is very nice, it's creamy and has a slight glossy effect, nothing too much though. It's more of a cherry red than a "normal" red.

BILD1016crop.jpg

BILD0630crop.jpg

Advertisement