Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Airyfairy I had this with another shampoo it's awful isn't it?! I sprayed my hair with vinegar before shampooing it and it helped remove the siliconey residue. I was actually looking at this in the supermarket the other day but I'll avoid now just in case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Scraggs wrote: »
    Airyfairy I had this with another shampoo it's awful isn't it?! I sprayed my hair with vinegar before shampooing it and it helped remove the siliconey residue. I was actually looking at this in the supermarket the other day but I'll avoid now just in case!!

Thanks Scraggs, ill go buy some vinegar today. I read good reviews so maybe its just me but id suggest giving it a miss. Im no annoyed with the state of my hair, didnt go out last night because it looks so bad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Thanks Scraggs, ill go buy some vinegar today. I read good reviews so maybe its just me but id suggest giving it a miss. Im no annoyed with the state of my hair, didnt go out last night because it looks so bad :mad:

Not ideal but if nothing else works then washing with dish soap should definitely help. I had that with fructose conditioner a good few years ago and was a disaster, so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I use that foam conditioner from time to time and I find it grand - I can't use regular conditioner often because it weighs down and coats in horrid silicone my very fine hair. The Pantene foam just seems to detangle really, I wouldn't have thought it would be capable of coating the hair as you describe. When other conditioners have done that to my hair I've used clarifying shampoo, and if that didn't work, added a drop of fairy liquid to the clarifying shampoo and gone again. Strawlike hair but no coating left thankfully.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I use that foam conditioner from time to time and I find it grand - I can't use regular conditioner often because it weighs down and coats in horrid silicone my very fine hair. The Pantene foam just seems to detangle really, I wouldn't have thought it would be capable of coating the hair as you describe. When other conditioners have done that to my hair I've used clarifying shampoo, and if that didn't work, added a drop of fairy liquid to the clarifying shampoo and gone again. Strawlike hair but no coating left thankfully.

I used the Pantene shampoos and conditioners with the oil in them and they had a similar effect on my hair but the foam is 10 times worse. Ill try a clarifying shampoo. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I used the Pantene shampoos and conditioners with the oil in them and they had a similar effect on my hair but the foam is 10 times worse. Ill try a clarifying shampoo. Thanks

Oh god you're giving me flashbacks, I used one of those oil based shampoos once and took weeks to recover!
    It's amazing how things can work perfectly for one person and be a total disaster for the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If you bring any brand of used mascara to a Benefit counter, you can get a free mini mascara. Choice of Roller Lash, They’re Real or Bad Gal. I was cheeky and went in with 2 mascaras, one of which was a Benefit one and managed to get two minis.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

heldel00 wrote: »
    Ladies anything for dry, scaly lips? I'm struggling at the moment and can't wear lippie because it really draws attention to it

Body Shop hemp heavy duty lip care

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Does anyone have recommendations for a dark fake tan, the darker the better.. I've tried Bondi Sands and found it wears so bad.. I love Vita Liberate but it's way to expensive for every day and I love Black Magic but it seems to only be available online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Beauttruth tried BBold extra dark foam and she was saying it was very dark for her but would be perfect for someone looking for dark tan. After washing it off she said she still smelled a bit tanny though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I have a bit of a wave in my hair which drops out if I brush it after blowdrying. Could anyone recommend a mousse or other product I could put in wet hair before I blowdry which would help keep the wave? I usually just use my fingers to blowdry in an attempt not to disturb it.

PS: I know it's technically not a cosmetic issue, sorry if it should be in another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I think I want a new eyeshadow pallet.

The new ABH pallet looks nice, but I might try a Zoeva or Huda - anyone have recommendations?

GingerLily wrote: »
    I think I want a new eyeshadow pallet.

The new ABH pallet looks nice, but I might try a Zoeva or Huda - anyone have recommendations?
    I have the Soft Glam palette from ABH - I quite like it.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I have the Soft Glam palette from ABH - I quite like it.

What skin tone do you have? Would it suit pale skin and freckles?

What skin tone do you have? Would it suit pale skin and freckles?
    I have fair skin (probably NC15/20) but no freckles on my face. I've green eyes. Soft is probably the best way to describe this palette, the colours aren't mad looking in it, it's wearable especially for day time but can equally be ramped up for night time. It's less scary looking that it's sister palette, modern renaissance. I love the dusty rose shade in the palette. It's not a "must have" palette but I do find myself reaching for it in the mornings, simply because it's easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Tried the bperfect 10 second tan in dark watermelon and I absolutely love it. It’s wearing off great. Had so many compliments on it last week. It definitely smelled like ‘tan’ after developing but once it was washed off it was fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Has anyone got the Urban Decay Backtalk palette yet? If so, what is it like?

Kitty6277 wrote: »

It looks great but the mirror looks annoying - it can't close if you loose it, I would loose it for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

It looks great but the mirror looks annoying - it can't close if you loose it, I would loose it for sure!

I often wondered about that, I figured it'd be magnetic or something. Bit of a pain that it's not!

I often wondered about that, I figured it'd be magnetic or something. Bit of a pain that it's not!

I saw a review and it was definitely mentioned it doesn't close properly without the mirror :(

• Advertisement

Gemma from BeautyNook did a review of the palette:
    https://beautynook.ie/urban-decay-backtalk-palette/

I have fair skin (probably NC15/20) but no freckles on my face. I've green eyes. Soft is probably the best way to describe this palette, the colours aren't mad looking in it, it's wearable especially for day time but can equally be ramped up for night time. It's less scary looking that it's sister palette, modern renaissance. I love the dusty rose shade in the palette. It's not a "must have" palette but I do find myself reaching for it in the mornings, simply because it's easy to use.

I bought the Jacklyn Hill Morphe Pallette in the end. I may still purchase the ABH soft glam but the JH palette is usually sold out so I just decided to go for it.

Its pricey at 52e for something that looks like a white label palette but the reviews are great and it'll have all the crazy colours I'll ever need, a good way to experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I bought the Jacklyn Hill Morphe Pallette in the end. I may still purchase the ABH soft glam but the JH palette is usually sold out so I just decided to go for it.

Its pricey at 52e for something that looks like a white label palette but the reviews are great and it'll have all the crazy colours I'll ever need, a good way to experiment.

I have soft glam and I love it. I'm also fair skinned (nw13) with hazel eyes.

I'm thinking of getting Jaclyn Hill's new collaboration with Morphe, it's a vault of 4 palettes for 56e or you can buy them separately. They look gorgeous!

Just bought the smokey eye pallet by Urban Decay yesterday, on sale in Debenhams for 28 euro, im in love already. The colours are fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Got 2 new foundations to try out.
    I got nars sheer glow in shade gobi and I got georgio Armani illuminous silk in shade 2. I’ve been using Kevyn aucoin for ages and adore it but just want to change things up. Im so fussy with my foundation so I’m hoping these live up to the hype

I picked up one of those Huda beauty dupe palettes in Penneys at the weekend. Used it for the first time this morning and was disappointed in it. There's a lot of kick up of product in the pan and fall out when you apply to eyes. The shades are poorly pigmented, the shimmer I used looks lovely in the pan but doesn't translate onto my eyes. The darker shade I used in my outer corner was difficult to blend. However the packaging looks quite nice and it would be grand as a little stocking filler for a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I picked up one of those Huda beauty dupe palettes in Penneys at the weekend. Used it for the first time this morning and was disappointed in it. There's a lot of kick up of product in the pan and fall out when you apply to eyes. The shades are poorly pigmented, the shimmer I used looks lovely in the pan but doesn't translate onto my eyes. The darker shade I used in my outer corner was difficult to blend. However the packaging looks quite nice and it would be grand as a little stocking filler for a teenager.

Aaaaggggghhhhh!!!!!! :eek: It's JUNE!!!!!! :p

keredern wrote: »
    Aaaaggggghhhhh!!!!!! :eek: It's JUNE!!!!!! :p
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Does anyone know what has happened with Boots No7 Pore Vacuum Mask?

Found it in my drawer recently, maybe bought it 18 months ago, used it and found it amazing.

It doesn’t seem to be sold now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Just after using the Maybelline Superstay 24H Foundation for the first time yesterday.
    I was out in the sun all day at a concert and by the end of it I wasn't greasy and it stayed on really well. I wore it for around 10 hours. Usually I would get really oily and greasy around my t-zone but that wasn't the case with this foundation. Would definitely recommend it. It does oxidise a bit just after blending it in but after you set it with powder it stays at that colour.

Advertisement