Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Are you looking for a salt spray for hair - to create loose curls/waves and texture?

If so, the 'Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray' is meant to be good (Boots link for small size bottle)

If you're looking for a salt toner to spray on your face, LRP Serozinc contains sodium chloride (boots link). I have not used it personally, but many people rave about it

Sorry yes lol for my hair!!

I've heard about the B&B, pricier then I was hoping but if it works id be happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

GingerLily wrote: »
    Sorry yes lol for my hair!!

I've heard about the B&B, pricier then I was hoping but if it works id be happy!

Yeah it's expensive unfortunately, for what is in essence salt in water and some parfum and conditioning ingredients. :o

It's also stocked on lookfantastic, but not available to ship to Ireland :rolleyes:

Feelunique have it for £10 and have a free gift on purchase (B&B 'A little Bit of Bb Thickening Spray' 30ml). They usually have codes bopping around the internet, but shipping might counteract the discount (unless order is over 40euro)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I tried the L'Oreal one in the blue bottle this Summer and find it hit and miss (I've fine hair that's very prone to frizz so I have a hard time with hair products in general!) - sometimes it works perfectly, other times it becomes a bit sticky and just doesn't work for me. But it's cheap enough to try out!
    https://ie.carethy.net/hair-care/loreal/stylista-the-beach-wave-mist-hair-styling-salt-spray?r=3600523557370&gclid=Cj0KCQjwk_TbBRDsARIsAALJSOZjh29dZd6SKSiuvVLnp4uoO-F4bZ-y0WbjeZpkop7Ul4OyFmufkuoaAl7rEALw_wcB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Here's an overview of some of the other ones that boots sell - link

Toni and Guy one seems to be well liked according to ratings. Could be an option if you haven't tried it already

Edit to add: After searching for one, now I want to try one out :pac: Down the rabbit hole I go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I absolutely hated the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, left my hair very stiff and felt horrible. Gave it away to a friend.

• Advertisement

I got the L'Oréal one in the end as boots had thee for two and ubwas searching my brain for a third thing!

Seemed to work nicely on day one, I might need to experiment with the amount required!!

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I've been using the Boots Umberto Giannini Catch a wave sea spray – it reminds me of the original John Frieda beach blonde sea spray in that it's a 2 part spray/oil you shake to mix.

It smells of lovely coconut and seems to strike the right balance between salt texture and conditioning from the oil. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Has anyone used the YSL Touch Eclat highlight pen? Im thinking of buying it but it's 35 euro and wondering if its worth the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Has anyone used the YSL Touch Eclat highlight pen? Im thinking of buying it but it's 35 euro and wondering if its worth the money?

I always thought it was very overrated, not worth the money. Definitely ask to try it before you buy ... in my opinion it's really not the wonder product it's made out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I always thought it was very overrated, not worth the money. Definitely ask to try it before you buy ... in my opinion it's really not the wonder product it's made out to be.

I'd say same. I love their foundations, particularly their original touch eclat foundation formula, but I found the pen to be just a bit average and it creased a bit too on me in laughter lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Aldi have lots of skincare dupes in their specials today. The charcoal mask that I LOVE is back and is so great for clearing congested skin. There's also copies of Pixi's Glow tonic and Sand and Sky Pink Clay mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Recliner

Scraggs wrote: »
    Aldi have lots of skincare dupes in their specials today. The charcoal mask that I LOVE is back and is so great for clearing congested skin. There's also copies of Pixi's Glow tonic and Sand and Sky Pink Clay mask.

I had their booklet at home and never looked at it!! The pixi glow dupe bottle is identical to the original, and I use the Pixi Glow 4 times a week, so if I could get a cheaper option that worked,that would be amazing. I've seen loads of ads on Instagram for the pink clay mask. Very tempted to try it.I love that Aldi do these skin care products. I loaded up on the Nip and Fab dupe pads when they came out.

Recliner wrote: »
    I had their booklet at home and never looked at it!! The pixi glow dupe bottle is identical to the original, and I use the Pixi Glow 4 times a week, so if I could get a cheaper option that worked,that would be amazing. I've seen loads of ads on Instagram for the pink clay mask. Very tempted to try it.I love that Aldi do these skin care products. I loaded up on the Nip and Fab dupe pads when they came out.

Have you seen Pixi has new Toners? They're on offer in Boots, I ordered the Rose and Retinol toners in the mini size for 8.50 each or something

GingerLily wrote: »
    Have you seen Pixi has new Toners? They're on offer in Boots, I ordered the Rose and Retinol toners in the mini size for 8.50 each or something

Hadn't seen that. I usually buy mine from Cloud10 beauty. I've never seen Pixi Glow in my local Boots but it's not a big store. Will have a look online though. I love how clean my face feels after using Pixi Glow.

neonsofa wrote: »
    I'd say same. I love their foundations, particularly their original touch eclat foundation formula, but I found the pen to be just a bit average and it creased a bit too on me in laughter lines.

Wish id seen these comments earlier, I bought it this afternoon because the chemist had it in a gift set, I tried it when I got home so it cant be returned. It's definitely nothing special and too dark for me to use as a highlighter lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Wish id seen these comments earlier, I bought it this afternoon because the chemist had it in a gift set, I tried it when I got home so it cant be returned. It's definitely nothing special and too dark for me to use as a highlighter lol.

For what it’s worth the Lacura brand in Aldi do a good dupe of the touché eclat. Just FYI in case you wanted to try it!

For what it’s worth the Lacura brand in Aldi do a good dupe of the touché eclat. Just FYI in case you wanted to try it!

I love Lacura, thanks ill try it out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I love that Aldi do these skin care products.
    I have to say Aldi skin products are quite good. I've been using their Q10 serum as my nighttime serum for years. I'm currently using their Le Mara hyaluronic serum for daytime and it's nearly gone so I must see if they are still stocking it. Just started using the Le Mara eye cream. And I'm halfway through the day cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Very impressed with the Aldi Exfoliatiing mudmask. I felt it tightening as soon as I put it on & my skin was noticeably softer, smelled lovely too. It's on specials this week, about €7 great buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

The glycolic pads in aldi (nip and fab dupe) are brilliant too.

My skin is sensitive so I only use glycolic twice a week. Think they were only €7 too.

Hope they begin to stock regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

La.de.da wrote: »
    The glycolic pads in aldi (nip and fab dupe) are brilliant too.

My skin is sensitive so I only use glycolic twice a week. Think they were only €7 too.

Hope they begin to stock regularly.

+1 for these pads they're very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The advent beauty calendars are out! I bought two today (big treat for myself). They are my obsession. Got the Decleor one for £62 and the Latest in Beauty one for £54. Both apparently worth over £250 each and both sold out in record time last year (like 2 weeks and 24 hours, respectively). Super excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

The advent beauty calendars are out! I bought two today (big treat for myself). They are my obsession. Got the Decleor one for £62 and the Latest in Beauty one for £54. Both apparently worth over £250 each and both sold out in record time last year (like 2 weeks and 24 hours, respectively). Super excited.

I'm holding out for the m&s beauty one, still using stuff I got last year, a great buy

Who are the beauty calendars by? As in, do Boots or somewhere else stock them? Or do you buy online, i.e. from the Decleor site..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Who are the beauty calendars by? As in, do Boots or somewhere else stock them? Or do you buy online, i.e. from the Decleor site..

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/beauty-trends/a38073/best-beauty-advent-calendars-2015/

Most of them direct, a few on reseller sites (Amazon, John Lewis, Look Fantastic etc).

The M&S one that Icsics mentioned is also amazing value for what you get in it.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/beauty-trends/a38073/best-beauty-advent-calendars-2015/

Most of them direct, a few on reseller sites (Amazon, John Lewis, Look Fantastic etc).

The M&S one that Icsics mentioned is also amazing value for what you get in it.

Ah sweet baby Jebus, after looking at them, I'm wondering if himself would fancy beans on toast on Christmas day. I'll have no money left for food at this rate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've been switching between Benefit Roller Lash and the Bad Gal Bang mascaras, like them both but Roller Lash is just edging in as a favourite. Bad Gal is great for a dramatic look, but it's quite a sticky formula, you need a fair bit of patience to put it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Twee. wrote: »
    I've been switching between Benefit Roller Lash and the Bad Gal Bang mascaras, like them both but Roller Lash is just edging in as a favourite. Bad Gal is great for a dramatic look, but it's quite a sticky formula, you need a fair bit of patience to put it on.
    I agree they are both very good mascaras. I can't remember what the previous incarnate of Bad Gal Bang was but I remember I didn't like it. So I was apprehensive about trying it but I agree with you, I quite like it. I'm one I think my 3rd Roller Lash mascara, my favourite after Catrice Glam & Doll.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I agree they are both very good mascaras. I can't remember what the previous incarnate of Bad Gal Bang was but I remember I didn't like it. So I was apprehensive about trying it but I agree with you, I quite like it. I'm one I think my 3rd Roller Lash mascara, my favourite after Catrice Glam & Doll.

I got a Soap and Glory Thick and Fast HD Collagen mascara in a set, I'm obsessed with their bath and shower products but had never tried their make-up. It is literally the most amazing mascara I've ever tried. My husband thought I had false lashes on. It's a dream to apply, no clumping, gives incredible length and definition. I had bought 2 gift sets from Boots and it's in both. I'm a total convert.
    I wear glasses all the time and have tried to find falsies that didn't rub against my lenses, but I was never comfortable with them. This mascara for me is a total game changer.

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I got a Soap and Glory Thick and Fast HD Collagen mascara in a set, I'm obsessed with their bath and shower products but had never tried their make-up. It is literally the most amazing mascara I've ever tried. My husband thought I had false lashes on. It's a dream to apply, no clumping, gives incredible length and definition. I had bought 2 gift sets from Boots and it's in both. I'm a total convert.
    I wear glasses all the time and have tried to find falsies that didn't rub against my lenses, but I was never comfortable with them. This mascara for me is a total game changer.

Advertisement