Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

not sure if mentioned before but lookfantastic site are doing great deals at the minute in run up to XMAS … sign up and you will get codes for 20% off etc . Handy for XMAS presents - used it last year and was great … got a few freebies out of it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

SozBbz wrote: »
    So... beauty bay have a sale on and I've bought a load :( Mostly 3x beauty blenders for €8.40 each, ABH Modern Renaissance for €38, and some bits from Stila and Zoeva and Wet'n'Wild

Just ordered the Makeup Revolution Concealer off beauty bay which was reduced to 3.15, unfortunately delivery was 3.50, I'm not sure If that's still considered a bargain!

Free shipping after 25e I think, pretty standard to charge shipping below a certain level.

I bought oskia cleansing gel and some sheet masks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Just ordered the Makeup Revolution Concealer off beauty bay which was reduced to 3.15, unfortunately delivery was 3.50, I'm not sure If that's still considered a bargain!

You see, this is how I get myself into trouble. I start looking around to find one thing to add to my order to qualify for free shipping and then end up wanting loads! I'm a marketers dream :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Just made an order from beauty bay and got 2 makeup revolution fastbase foundations (less than 4 euro each!), a few nabla eyeshadows, rcma setting powder and abh soft glam pallete. 30% off saved me a fortune, the only thing that wasn't discounted was the abh pallete.

Yeah the Beauty Bay sale is really good.

I didnt buy it this time, but previously from cloud10 (on sale) but wanted to recommend these palettes from Stila.

https://www.beautybay.com/p/stila/perfect-me-perfect-hue-eye-cheek-palette/fair-light/

I bought the Fair/Light about 6 months ago and its my go to for daytime. Beautiful product to work with and the colours are great neutrals for a pretty day time look. The shimmer shade is also brilliant.

I also bring it with me when I'm traveling as its such a multi tasker.

€30 down to €21 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I was so good and didn't bite at the Beauty Bay sale! I had to do a good tidy up of my makeup the other day and declutter a bit of stuff. And then I looked on Beauty Bay and realised I didn't want or need anything. I've realised I'm a divil for picking up cheaper makeup especially palettes and lip products and not using them. The Make Up Revolution chocolate bar palettes are good but I just found I was reaching for my UD and ABH eyeshadow palettes to get the use and money's worth out of them. I'm well stocked up on foundations and concealers so I want to use up a few of them that are only ok that I probably won't repurchase.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Another BeautyBay victim here! I got a new Tweezerman tweezers, which I did actually need, The Ordinary foundation as I had wanted to try it, and my total impulse was a Stila Glitter & Glow liquid eyeshadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Using all in my will power not to order. That little stila pallet looks lovely though.

Few empties:
    Superdrug dry shampoo for blonde hair - not my first one to finish, already have a back up. It’s good for brightening up blonde hair without a white cast.

Nivea double effect eye makeup remover - again not my first one to finish. I got the Lidl version of it to try out and so far it’s just as effective at removing eye makeup.

Le Mara Aldi face cream - it is good but a bit heavy for morning for me unless my skin is fairly dry or I’m not going to put on makeup. It has a nice scent but it’s more of a body lotion scent than what I’d prefer for a face cream. Don’t think I’d repurchase.

Does anyone know of a similar eye shadow to the shade Brazen from the Blank Canvas Master Series palette? Blank canvas don't seem to do single eye shadows.
    (This is the palette btw - https://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/master-series-palette-one.html )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It looks somewhere in between UD 'naked' and 'easy baked' to me

Just received my abh soft glam palette from beauty bay this morning and all 5 of the shimmers were smashed. So disappointed. And they are only offering me a 40% refund at the moment. It wasn't even reduced in the sale so I had paid full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just received my abh soft glam palette from beauty bay this morning and all 5 of the shimmers were smashed. So disappointed. And they are only offering me a 40% refund at the moment. It wasn't even reduced in the sale so I had paid full price.

I wouldn't accept that, that's ridiculous. Did you send them pictures?

Slightly OT but I had a dress delivered from Pretty Little thing last week, and it was such crap quality (despite costing €58) that it ripped while I was trying it on.
    I emailed to complain, they asked me to forward photographic evidence, and my refund was on the way to my bank account in under an hour.
    I was pleasantly surprised by how quick & efficient they were.
    Customer service as it should be.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I wouldn't accept that, that's ridiculous. Did you send them pictures?

Slightly OT but I had a dress delivered from Pretty Little thing last week, and it was such crap quality (despite costing €58) that it ripped while I was trying it on.
    I emailed to complain, they asked me to forward photographic evidence, and my refund was on the way to my bank account in under an hour.
    I was pleasantly surprised by how quick & efficient they were.
    Customer service as it should be.

Not a hope, I told them I had no problem sending it back to them but regardless I will only accept a 100% refund or a replacement because that's what I am entitled to under my consumer rights. I had sent pictures in the original message. Awaiting their response.

Plt are great, that's customer service as it should be definitely.

That's crap. They should pay for you to send it. Back for a full refund. Don't accept that.

They should either send you a replacement or give you a full refund. I bought a palette a few years ago from Debenhams and when it arrived the black eyeshadow was broken and all over the palette. Debenhams gave me a full refund and I had sent them pictures.

Edit: do try and get another soft glam palette, I have it and it’s lovely and wearable.

La.de.da wrote: »

That's crap. They should pay for you to send it. Back for a full refund. Don't accept that.

I'd post on their Instagram or Facebook with pictures, it's ridiculous that they won't replace it for you.

They've said in this case, they'll give me a refund. Only after I went in all guns blazing asking for a formal complaint number and said about the consumer ombudsman. The absolute cheek only offering 40%

They've said in this case, they'll give me a refund. Only after I went in all guns blazing asking for a formal complaint number and said about the consumer ombudsman. The absolute cheek only offering 40%

I shop there all the time, so disappointed with them.

Great that you got the refund in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Glad you got it sorted! Very poor customer service on their part, they were definitely just trying to fob you off.
    Very disappointing.
    Anyone less self assured and unaware of their consumer rights might have accepted it, and they'd have gotten away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My BB order arrived, thankfully The Ordinary foundation colour looks like it will suit! I'll give it a try tomorrow.

The Stila Glitter & Glow liquid eyeshadow is AMAZING. I got the shade Smouldering Satin https://www.beautybay.com/p/stila/magnificent-metals-glitter-glow-liquid-eye-shadow/smouldering-satin/ It goes on beautifully, and gives a proper glitter effect as opposed to shimmery. I love the look at glitter but couldn't be bother with the effort of loose product, not to mention the task of getting it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Recently repurchased the Glossier milky jelly cleanser, my absolute holy grail. I used to only ever use the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel but this is far superior. I think the Oskia was starting to irritate my skin so I’ve switched and my skin is so much better. Also got the Glossier ‘You’ fragrance. I don’t know why but I wasn’t expecting much, the bottle is kind of cheap looking so I was expecting a cheap scent but omg, it’s amazing. It smells so clean and fresh and just.. clean! Gorgeous scent and not at all over powering. It’s not even that perfumey it’s like you’ve had a good wash and scrub and are wearing all nicely laundered clean clothes, lol. That kind of lovely smell

Gave in to beauty bay. Lasted a week in fairness.
    I got the stila liquid shadow trio reduced to €22 and a needed new tweezers.

That's it now this side of Christmas. Need new lipstick but a cheapo essence one will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

La.de.da wrote: »
    Gave in to beauty bay. Lasted a week in fairness.
    I got the stila liquid shadow trio reduced to €22 and a needed new tweezers.

The Stila liquid shadow trio is amazing! Got the set last year and it's still going!

The Stila liquid shadow trio is amazing! Got the set last year and it's still going!

Yay!
    Its the shade twig caught my eye. Love a nice deep brown. Great value seen as how one is €19.
    Justification at its best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Has anyone brought something off beauty bay this morning? 3 times iv tried Purchasing the stila eye shadow, every time it comes up my checkout has timed out, and I'm doing it as fast as I can.....

So despite me saying I was done with black friday, i went back on yesterday.

I bought the Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer for €21 on beauty bay. added some cheapo wet'n'wild bits to get to €25 for free delivery.

Its a product I've been curios about for a long time, and have seen it for nearly €50 in SpaceNK so at that price it was too much to resist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

So despite me saying I was done with black friday, i went back on yesterday.

I bought the Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer for €21 on beauty bay. added some cheapo wet'n'wild bits to get to €25 for free delivery.

Its a product I've been curios about for a long time, and have seen it for nearly €50 in SpaceNK so at that price it was too much to resist!

I love this. Have two shades, one for when I use tan. Makes my skin look so nice. And lasts ages.

neonsofa wrote: »
    I love this. Have two shades, one for when I use tan. Makes my skin look so nice. And lasts ages.

Yeah its one of those products that has consistently good feedback so for just over €20 I have to try it.

I went for shade 3, hope it suits me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Yeah its one of those products that has consistently good feedback so for just over €20 I have to try it.

I went for shade 3, hope it suits me!

It melts into the skin so the shades tend to work well even if not an exact match I find. Like I would sometimes have one coat or three coats of tan depending on mood and shade 6 matches any no bother. And I would be very picky about shade selection cause I hate not matching or having visible lines or patchiness.

Advertisement