Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Has anyone brought something off beauty bay this morning? 3 times iv tried Purchasing the stila eye shadow, every time it comes up my checkout has timed out, and I'm doing it as fast as I can.....

Same thing with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Was there someone looking for the ABH Sultry palette - up to 30% palettes on the ABH website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Has anyone brought something off beauty bay this morning? 3 times iv tried Purchasing the stila eye shadow, every time it comes up my checkout has timed out, and I'm doing it as fast as I can.....

I had this issue and for some reason what sorted it was going into an incognito window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Was there someone looking for the ABH Sultry palette - up to 30% palettes on the ABH website.
    That was me!

Thanks, will check it out now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I had this issue and for some reason what sorted it was going into an incognito window[/quote]

What's an incognito window?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I had this issue and for some reason what sorted it was going into an incognito window

What's an incognito window?![/quote]

Basically a private browsing mode, where websites won't "remember" that you've been on the site. In chrome anyway, when you go to open a new tab, there should be an option to open a "new incognito window"
    i think it's probably just coincidence that it solved my issue with beauty bay but it's worth a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I bought: Niod photography fluid 12% and bobbi brown vitamin enriched face base from lookfantastic. I've been looking at the face base for years it feels like and I've never got it because of the price. But over the last year I've cut back on purchasing (except this weekend!) and so I finally pulled the trigger on it at 40 euro down from 50. A little expensive but hopefully worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Does anyone have the StylPro brush cleaner? If so, would you recommend? Superdrug have it on offer for £30 at the moment and I’m very tempted to buy it as it’s something I’ve had my eye on for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It cleans the brushes very well but its extremely tedious and messy. Its a pain in the ass standing there cleaning the brushes one by one, way too time consuming.
    I'd prefer to stand at the sink for ten minutes and leave them dry overnight. I've had mine for about 2 years and I've used it only a few times.

If you really want to give it a go, order it from Ali Express, they only cost €3-€5 on it with free delivery. They take up to 6 weeks to arrive but its worth it for the money you're saving.

That said, I don't recommend, and if I lost/broke mine, I wouldn't be repurchasing.

Thank you :)

I’ll probably just do as you advised, get a cheap one off AliExpress and if I do end up liking it I can always get the actual one at a later stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Beauty bay have a new loyalty scheme, if you join now you can get free points, I shop there a good bit so worth it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Does anyone have a particular skincare brand/product that they would recommend for facial redness - especially cheeks and nose?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I bought my sister this cosmetic organiser for Christmas, it arrived yesterday & the quality is fab!

71R40ESkpTL._SL1000_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,890 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A friend donated two bottles of Pixi Glow tonic to me a while back as she didn't like it at all. I only started using it last week and holy crap, the difference in my skin already is amazing. It's SO much smoother and brighter. I'm in love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dial Hard wrote: »
    A friend donated two bottles of Pixi Glow tonic to me a while back as she didn't like it at all. I only started using it last week and holy crap, the difference in my skin already is amazing. It's SO much smoother and brighter. I'm in love.

Amazing stuff.
    I use the Aldi dupe a couple of times a week and the effects are unbelievable - I always use it before doing a hydrating mask too, it makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Dial Hard wrote: »

You’ll never go back! Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Started using The Ordinary 30% Peeling Solution once a week about 7 weeks ago and it has completely changed my skin! Pores smaller, no breakouts and skin looks glowy. I started using it only for 2 mins and slowly built it up over time. I’d highly recommend :)

Got the Bondi Sands fake tan foam, which I was really excited to try, but I have to say so far it’s been pretty underwhelming. I got the dark but maybe I should’ve got the ultra dark version. I put on two coats tonight and it went on nicely, looked really dark. After I washed it off it seemed to have faded quite a lot. I’ll try it again and leave it on for longer before I wash it off and see if that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Has anyone tried the Charlotte tilbury flawless filter? Thinking of treating myself for Christmas. I'm not sure on the colours though. I'm pale nc15
    Thinking maybe shade 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Bought the SoSubySJ dripping gold tan a few weeks ago and been trying it out. Now near end of bottle. Disappointed after all the hype. Good colour guide on application. I’ve been using tans for years so well used to applying but I always seem to end up with streaky hands/feet with this one. I would have typical pale Irish skin but this gives me more of an Oompa Loompa look than I’d care for. It does seem to fade ok however. When I left on to develop, my partner commented on the smell after a few hours which he has never done before. All in all, not the worst. But For the price, there are definitely better tans out there (eg Bondi Sands) so won’t be repurchasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Got the Bondi Sands fake tan foam, which I was really excited to try, but I have to say so far it’s been pretty underwhelming. I got the dark but maybe I should’ve got the ultra dark version. I put on two coats tonight and it went on nicely, looked really dark. After I washed it off it seemed to have faded quite a lot. I’ll try it again and leave it on for longer before I wash it off and see if that makes a difference.

The dark Bondi sands is the tan that I know will never go wrong for me. I can put it on in like 2 minutes and will still not have streaks. I leave it on overnight. Not great for my sheets but my tan always looks great. The ultra dark one I find is too dry. It goes on grand and is a perfect colour but it flakes off on me after a day whereas the dark just fades nicely til I remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

La.de.da wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Charlotte tilbury flawless filter? Thinking of treating myself for Christmas. I'm not sure on the colours though. I'm pale nc15
    Thinking maybe shade 2?

Have it a few months now and absolutely love it. Gives a stunning glow that looks great in pictures. I find it especially good for nights out and also days without foundation to give a little glow.

I'm pale too and find shade 2 great, it also works super well when i've tan on; very versatile.

neonsofa wrote: »
    The dark Bondi sands is the tan that I know will never go wrong for me. I can put it on in like 2 minutes and will still not have streaks. I leave it on overnight. Not great for my sheets but my tan always looks great. The ultra dark one I find is too dry. It goes on grand and is a perfect colour but it flakes off on me after a day whereas the dark just fades nicely til I remove it.

I’ll try leaving it on overnight the next time and see how I find that, it could just be a matter of trial and error :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’ll try leaving it on overnight the next time and see how I find that, it could just be a matter of trial and error :)

Yeah hopefully that'll do it. Now that i think of it, I did try it once for a few hours when I was heading out later and it didn't take at all. I just smelled like tan but no colour :pac:

Thinking maybe shade 2?
    I had been mulling over purchasing this for ages. Went in on Saturday and the girl at the counter said she would recommend shade 1 if I’m wearing it under foundation and shade 2 if I’m wearing tan or wear flawless filter on its own. I’m about the same colouring as you. I bought shade 2 in the end. I’ve worn it twice so I haven’t really formed an opinion on it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I had been mulling over purchasing this for ages. Went in on Saturday and the girl at the counter said she would recommend shade 1 if I’m wearing it under foundation and shade 2 if I’m wearing tan or wear flawless filter on its own. I’m about the same colouring as you. I bought shade 2 in the end. I’ve worn it twice so I haven’t really formed an opinion on it yet.

Thanks for that. It's a pity Charlotte tilbury aren't very obliging about samples. Considering the price of the product it would be nice to try it first.

I think I'll bite the bullet. Tis the season sure.

Thanks for that. It's a pity Charlotte tilbury aren't very obliging about samples. Considering the price of the product it would be nice to try it first.

That's one of the reasons why I put buying it on the long finger. It is pricey for what it is. I ended up buying it at the weekend - I was in the UK and came across a CT counter - it worked out at €33.81 vs €40 in Arnotts.

That's one of the reasons why I put buying it on the long finger. It is pricey for what it is. I ended up buying it at the weekend - I was in the UK and came across a CT counter - it worked out at €33.81 vs €40 in Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Has anyone else used Marissa Carter’s foundation? I bought the HD one on a whim yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at how it went on this morning, it’s very full coverage but looks good! I had been using the Catrice one but the coverage is even better with this one.

The test now will be to see how it lasts throughout the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Has anyone else used Marissa Carter’s foundation? I bought the HD one on a whim yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at how it went on this morning, it’s very full coverage but looks good! I had been using the Catrice one but the coverage is even better with this one.

The test now will be to see how it lasts throughout the day.

I have the Half measure dewy one for a while and I'm not sold on it. For me it does not go on well with a brush, I have to use a sponge. With the brush it just never seemed to sink in to the skin, I could always see brush strokes. Also a very weird thing I noticed, it dries down lighter :confused: which i have not seen before, normally foundations oxidize, this is a first for me. I wear it for work, but I don't think i will repurchase.

Also the drop applicator is a nuisance. :mad:

Advertisement