Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Stash thread started!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Just got estee lauder double wear on Feel unique for 35.13 with free delivery, which is usually 40 anywhere else I’ve purchased it, however took a week to arrive

If anyone knows of anywhere to get it cheaper do let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ordered Huda Beauty Overachiever concealer. Wasn’t sure what shade to go for but went with the shade marshmallow. Now I think this may be too light. Anyone else have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Finally got the pillow talk lipstick and lip linear, really like it and looking forward to wearing it sat night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Got the Superdrug vitamin E hot cloth cleanser today (picked up a vitamin E micellar water too as I can't resist a 'buy one get one free' offer :D ) after reading a good few positive reviews.
    It comes with its own muslin cloth.
    It's a good cleanser - mild but thorough - but I found the muslin a bit rough. Think it will be nicer to use after a few washes, but I'll probably use it with a microfibre facecloth instead.
    I can't see coconut listed in the ingredients but it smells quite coconutty to me.
    https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face-Skin-Care/Face-Wipes/Superdrug-Vitamin-E-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-200ml/p/282702
    Oh, and they mentioned it was a 'triple points day' when using the loyalty card... no idea how that works as I use Superdrug so infrequently, but might help someone here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I'd run out of my much loved elemis cleansing balm so bought the no7 one was on offer for €7.
    It's good a little more 'waxy' than the elemis but does the job. I will go back to elemis when I have the cash,just love it.

Also in an effort to use up foundation, I got the urban decay drop shot. Mix a drop in with heavy/ too Matt foundations really makes them easier to work with. Between that and the lightening drops, I've a whole new foundation stash. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Do you see the guy who founded Deciem has died. He seems to have had mental health problems, bless him.

I happened to be in Covent Garden for Black Friday and their The Ordinary shop had the most incredible deals on their already insanely priced products. Like their "Buffet" was only £3!!! So for the princely sum of £40 i got a large toner, a primer and SIX different serums. It was the most exciting half hour of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was only half following the Deciem saga but am genuinely gutted to have heard of his passing. He seemed like such a harmless soul. So sad how he couldn’t get passed his troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I didn't hear that news until you posted Teyla. I remember some of the drama which unfolded on instagram culminating with Estee-Lauder ousting him from the company in October. His passing is incredibly tragic...hopefully now he is at peace.

Deciem is the one company in recent times which truly 'disrupted' the skincare/ beauty industry for the better.

Update on the Revolution Conceal and Define concealer - it's a great product, very easy to blend, decent applicator, and best of all it's €4.50! Will definitely repurchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I agree Twee have repurchased a few times - partly because there doesn't seem to actually be much in the tube but sure for 4.50, what can you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I bought it today to try out - sure why not :D

Mind you, it was €4.75 in Superdrug!

Worth a shot for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I usually use my Big Hair brush to calm my hair ‘canopy’ after I wash it. It’s strawlike and has no shape. Underneath my hair is shiny and has a little kink that I’d love to keep but the canopy disguises it, so I have to just straighten all my hair.

Anyway my Big Hair brush broke over Christmas and I started a new early morning job so I don’t have much time to do my hair in the morning - so this morning I decided to use Elvive’s Full Restore Masque that I’ve had for months in my shower, just to see if it would calm my hair without having to straighten it.
    And Wow! I am seriously impressed after one use. Hair is calm & glossy, no frizz. (Without using any straightening, just a quick blowdry). The canopy is calm and has a tiny bit of a kink, that I’m hoping will improve with more use. I’m sure I’ve used this before and not noticed a massive difference. Lately I’ve been eating a lot more protein and maybe it’s starting to show in my hair?
    Anyway last week I ordered a Kerastase masque and I’m wondering if I’ll need it now? Anyway we’ll wait and see if this masque continues to improve the texture of my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Must look into this as my hair is very unruly, so dry and frizzled .
    Tried a Kerease one before in a green tub/pot but to honest did find find it great .
    I usually use my Big Hair brush to calm my hair ‘canopy’ after I wash it. It’s strawlike and has no shape. Underneath my hair is shiny and has a little kink that I’d love to keep but the canopy disguises it, so I have to just straighten all my hair.

Anyway my Big Hair brush broke over Christmas and I started a new early morning job so I don’t have much time to do my hair in the morning - so this morning I decided to use Elvive’s Full Restore Masque that I’ve had for months in my shower, just to see if it would calm my hair without having to straighten it.
    And Wow! I am seriously impressed after one use. Hair is calm & glossy, no frizz. (Without using any straightening, just a quick blowdry). The canopy is calm and has a tiny bit of a kink, that I’m hoping will improve with more use. I’m sure I’ve used this before and not noticed a massive difference. Lately I’ve been eating a lot more protein and maybe it’s starting to show in my hair?
    Anyway last week I ordered a Kerastase masque and I’m wondering if I’ll need it now? Anyway we’ll wait and see if this masque continues to improve the texture of my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

molly09 wrote: »
    Must look into this as my hair is very unruly, so dry and frizzled .
    Tried a Kerease one before in a green tub/pot but to honest did find find it great .

Hope it works as well for you Molly.
    I used the Kerastase masques years ago and found them good but stopped using them as I couldn’t really afford them anymore. I think L’Oréal (if I recall correctly) own Kerastase anyway so there’s probably similar research going into both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Picked up one of the Huda demi matte lipsticks on a whim and unfortunately its going to be going in the bin, I think.
    Its a very wet consistency, almost like the thick gloopy glosses of the 00's. Its very messy, about half an hour after application I brushed my hand off my face and it transferred onto my chin and my finger.
    The colour was gorgeous (I got "Girl Boss") but the consistency and messiness is a deal breaker for me.
    Wouldn't recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Oh dear,
    yesterday bought Rosaliac AR Intense by La Roche Posay.
    (I like the brand and already use Toleriane Ultra which if great for my skin).

Had read very mixed reviews (also on French sites) but still wanted to try it, to help with some redness that sometimes comes up.

Applied twice, last night and this morning, only on redness areas as directed, but it made redness worse right on application, and my face feels so uncomfortable.
    Don't want to risk it and will not use it again on my face.

Think will try to use it if I get a bruise on my leg or something , but never ever again on my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

otnomart wrote: »
    Oh dear,
    yesterday bought Rosaliac AR Intense by La Roche Posay.
    (I like the brand and already use Toleriane Ultra which if great for my skin).

Had read very mixed reviews (also on French sites) but still wanted to try it, to help with some redness that sometimes comes up.

Applied twice, last night and this morning, only on redness areas as directed, but it made redness worse right on application, and my face feels so uncomfortable.
    Don't want to risk it and will not use it again on my face.

Think will try to use it if I get a bruise on my leg or something , but never ever again on my face.

I find The ordinarys azeliac acid is great for reducing redness.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

I find The ordinarys azeliac acid is great for reducing redness.

Another thumbs up for the azelaic acid from The Ordinary. Great for acne and hyperpigmentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 BettyBoo74

Anybody here using any of the Ordinary products (Deciem)?

I know they had some bad press last year.

Anyone have recommendations for best products?

Recently got: Cicalfate Post-Procedure by Avene and the Serozinc face mist by LRP.

Got them mainly as have very sensitive skin and want to "strenghten" it somehow.
    Too soon to see if they are effective, so far no negative reactions.

I already use the normal Cicalfate cream but only on small areas and wanted something that can use all over the face. So far, the Post-Procedure version is moisturising enough and works well under the foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

BettyBoo74 wrote: »

I’m currently using The Ordinary’s Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%, Niacinimide 10% + Zinc 1%, and their Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5.
    The azelaic acid is amazing for texture, pigmentation, acne, inflammation etc. I would definitely recommend it for acne-prone skin. Niacinimide is great for texture and reducing the appearance of pores. The hyaluronic acid is great too for hydration and I’d say any and everyone could find use for it.

Thank you Jeona!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Can anyone recommend me something for broken capillaries, just under my nostrils? Is there some kind of cream?
    I'm getting a bit self conscious and worried they might get worse? Also what causes them??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It's hard to know where to begin with The Ordinary! I think the best thing is to figure out what you want or need for your skin, be it hydration, spot control, anti ageing etc - and work from there.
    Most of their products are fairly cheap - I don't think many of them break the €10 mark so they are worth picking up a few things to try out.
    Their hyaluronic acid is good, and I'm enjoying using their Buffet serum. I like the retinol and the lactic acid is a light chemical exfoliator which suits me. I like their primers - silicone and fluid primer although I found with the latter once you get about 3/4 the way down, the dropper won't pick up any more product.
    I've tried both the coverage and serum foundations - wasn't mad about them.
    They have any amount of oils - I wouldn't know where to being with them. I have the sqaulane and it's not bad, it's not as oily feeling. I also have the Rose Hip oil but it looks, smells and feels really oily.
    I was interested to try their UV protection for skincare but it doesn't seem to have gotten good reviews.

otnomart wrote: »
    Recently got: Cicalfate Post-Procedure by Avene and the Serozinc face mist by LRP.

Got them mainly as have very sensitive skin and want to "strenghten" it somehow.
    Too soon to see if they are effective, so far no negative reactions.

I already use the normal Cicalfate cream but only on small areas and wanted something that can use all over the face. So far, the Post-Procedure version is moisturising enough and works well under the foundation.

A week on I am very pleased, and this morning I reached my goal ,which has been (for a long time) to go out bare-faced, :eek:

meaning: just with cream and a bit of concealing - instead of a full face of foundation.
    I looked like I had a very subtle blusher on, and I felt I could leave my cheeks alone, instead of covering them with foundation.

Difficult to say which if the two products is responsible for the improvement.
    I use Serozinc at night after cleansing with micellar water and thermal water, and again in the morning before putting the cream on.
    The Cicalfate Post-Procedure cream seem to somehow calm my skin instantly, so only a few small blemishes stand out, and the only thing left is to conceal those.
    My foundation can be applied with fingertips, so am using that instead of buying a concealer.
    Am really really happy so far.

This after trying several creams for sensitive skin, mainly French pharmacy brands. (Still have some left, plan to use them up either as hand creams or on my forehead which never has redness problems)

Has anyone used Mario Badescu products? Recently been reading some good stuff about them. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Has anyone used Mario Badescu products? Recently been reading some good stuff about them. Thanks in advance.

My sister likes them! Looks like an interesting brand, especially if you have acne prone skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

This week I bought
    IT cosmetics superhero mascara
    IT cosmetics brow power universal
    Ouai dry shampoo

Haven't bought anything in ages. Really looking forward to the mascara.

Advertisement