Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

SoSue/Terrie McEvoy tan - Wore this out for the first time over the weekend, its fab, gave me a gorgeous dark colour, I love being as tanned as possible and it also gave a lovely glow. Only problem I had with it was it went very dark, uneven and patchy on my knees, elbows and between my fingers despite exfoliating and moistursing before applying it. That said, I got loads of compliments on my tan on Friday night.

It looks great but prepare to still be trying to scrub it off in 10 days time. Don’t know what they’ve put in to it but I actually couldn’t get it off for the life of me! Tried an exfoliating scrub, scrubber gloves, tan remover foam, baby oil, lemon juice etc. The only thing that made a dent was pixi glow tonic and and a good hard scrub but I refuse to use that lovely skincare on my ankles and feet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

I bought Bare by Vogue - both the lotion and mousse.
    Lotion was very hard to get off but the mousse I have found really good and removal isn't too bad.. it gives a decent colour and it doesn't all go down the drain after showering either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have the mousse, looking forward to trying it. It’s marked down in Penneys atm, hope they’re not dropping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

LizT wrote: »
    I have the mousse, looking forward to trying it. It’s marked down in Penneys atm, hope they’re not dropping it.
    I must get to penneys and stock up! Im very impressed with the colour - i always apply body blur on my legs but find i don't need as much as i did with other tans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

With this talk of tans - can anyone recommend a tan remover that works with most brands of tan? I've read somewhere that most tan removers are designed for removing that particular brand of tan - I'm looking for a good all round tan remover that works with most brands. I'm currently using Bellamianta and Iconic Bronze tans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

LizT wrote: »

I read somewhere its been reduced due to a price war with some pharmacy - no idea if thats true. But if you like it, stock up while its cheap I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    With this talk of tans - can anyone recommend a tan remover that works with most brands of tan? I've read somewhere that most tan removers are designed for removing that particular brand of tan - I'm looking for a good all round tan remover that works with most brands. I'm currently using Bellamianta and Iconic Bronze tans.

I have the Bondi Sands tan eraser and use it to take off Bare/Vogue Williams' tan, find it really good at lifting it off, provided I run it in well before hand, give it time to soak in and then scrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Bought Redken shampoo and conditioner from peter marks, I never spend money on hair products, tesco brand does me usually but my hair was in such a state I thought id buy something to help it and was recommended Redken. So expensive but so so good, my hair looked like I walked out of a Loreal add. Unfortunatly the conditioner is much smaller than the shampoo and I ran out of it very quickly, looking for somewhere else to purchase it on the cheap as im addicted to it now, dont know how im going to go back to my 1.50 tesco coconut conditioner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mod note - please start a new thread if you want to ask for recommendations. Non-review posts get lost in mega threads, you'll likely get more traction in a new thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Bought Redken shampoo and conditioner from peter marks, I never spend money on hair products, tesco brand does me usually but my hair was in such a state I thought id buy something to help it and was recommended Redken. So expensive but so so good, my hair looked like I walked out of a Loreal add. Unfortunatly the conditioner is much smaller than the shampoo and I ran out of it very quickly, looking for somewhere else to purchase it on the cheap as im addicted to it now, dont know how im going to go back to my 1.50 tesco coconut conditioner.

Try TKMaxx, I often see Redken and similar brands I'm there.

• Advertisement

Try TKMaxx, I often see Redken and similar brands I'm there.

Thanks I was thinking of this today but ive bought shampoo and conditioner in TKMaxx a few times and I dont know if this is just me but I never find them to be as good, I dont know why that is, any chance they sell a few knock offs?
    Bought a few good name brand makeup brushes there too and when I opened the box they were crap, fell apart in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I bought Goldfaden md purestart face cleanser and drunk elephant B hydra intensive hydration serum lately.

I’m so in love with the goldfaden cleanser I can’t even describe it. My face feels amazing, clean but not stripped and I’ve a dramatic decrease in cheek redness. That might be the serum too of course (prob a combination tbh).

I want to decrease my plastic useage so I’m considering stopping buying shower gels and switching to soaps... has anyone any soap recommendations please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

try look fantastic ? might get some good deals
    https://www.lookfantastic.com/brands/redken/all-redken.list

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

whatever76 wrote: »
    try look fantastic ? might get some good deals
    https://www.lookfantastic.com/brands/redken/all-redken.list

Was going to say the same. I use Kerastase and used to buy it in Peter Mark. Get it now on look fantastic for a good bit less. They’ve free delivery and it’s usually delivered in about 4 days.

Thats great, thank you for the link ill give them a try.

I decided to treat myself, and got the illamasqua skin base foundation - I wanted to try it for ages and am now sorry I didnt try it sooner. Its amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I decided to treat myself, and got the illamasqua skin base foundation - I wanted to try it for ages and am now sorry I didnt try it sooner. Its amazing!

What type skin do you have? Where did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I got the btan ‘aint nobody got time for that’ tan there a few weeks ago and I really like it. I very, very rarely wear fake tan and I’m not great at putting it on myself so I thought it seemed straightforward enough. I liked how you don’t have to leave it on for hours to develop.
    Goes on easy, and ya don’t have to leave it on for too long. I didn’t find it had a major fake tan smell (except when it’s developing after the shower but it’s not overpowering)
    Now I wasn’t super dark but honestly I just wanted to take away the translucent tinge to my skin. I found it gave me a nice subtle colour. I’ve used it a few times now and I’m really happy with it.
    I got it in Penneys but found it hard enough to get. Had to wait a couple of weeks to get it.

lashes34 wrote: »
    What type skin do you have? Where did you buy?

I have normal skin most of the time. I bought it from Cloud 10 but its on offer on lookfantastic at the moment. Its very lovely and I think I might buy it from LF now as well!

Apparently Boots brand CYO is being discontinued ... absolutely love their primer and foundation, I'm gonna have to stock up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Apparently Boots brand CYO is being discontinued ... absolutely love their primer and foundation, I'm gonna have to stock up!
    That didn't last long, I think it's only been out a few years. Never tried anything from them. I know a few beauty bloggers mentioned it once of twice (when they were gifted free products) but other than that I've never heard anything good, bad or indifferent about the brand.

Am I right that this replaced Seventeen?

I went into BT yesterday to get a sample of the new Charlotte Tilbury foundation......the sample sheets are pitiful!

Am I right that this replaced Seventeen?

Possibly, they'd be a similar price range.

All half price on the website now if anyone is interested!

Possibly, they'd be a similar price range.

All half price on the website now if anyone is interested!

And a free gift when you spend €20 :)

Ive gotten really into natural skin care products latley, they really work for my skin type

Recently finished my 2nd bottle of Moogoo irritable skin balm, its really good but not amazing, I was also looking for something a little cheaper as money is tight right now so instead of repurchasing I bought Moogoo's full cream moisturiser and im so glad that I did, it works great on my dry, sensitive skin.

I bought a natural cleanser from holland and barrett called Sukin foaming face cleanser and it destroyed my skin. I used it once after buying it a week ago and ever since I have a rash on my chin, dry flaky skin on my nose and cheeks and it inflamed my rosacea.
    Its so hard to find a decent cleanser for dry skin that actually clears pores and cleanses the face, ones for sensitive skin just dont do anything, might as well be throwing water on my face, face wash for oily skin is far too drying. If anyone can recommend something id appreciate it.

I also bought Kinvara hyaluronic youth boost, ive never used products from this brand before but liking it so far, so much so I might try a few more of their products.

Also repurchased Moogoo 3 vitamins serum, Ive only being buying it for less than two years but ive already gone through about 10 bottles, I love it and really notice a difference in my skin when I use it, it improves texture, evens tone, helps with any dryness and helps to plump fine lines.

Im now broke for the rest of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

I went into BT yesterday to get a sample of the new Charlotte Tilbury foundation......the sample sheets are pitiful!
    This is why I wouldn’t buy CT....I also find the packaging plasticy & breaks easily. Too many good cheaper options around now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ive gotten really into natural skin care products latley, they really work for my skin type

Recently finished my 2nd bottle of Moogoo irritable skin balm, its really good but not amazing, I was also looking for something a little cheaper as money is tight right now so instead of repurchasing I bought Moogoo's full cream moisturiser and im so glad that I did, it works great on my dry, sensitive skin.

I bought a natural cleanser from holland and barrett called Sukin foaming face cleanser and it destroyed my skin. I used it once after buying it a week ago and ever since I have a rash on my chin, dry flaky skin on my nose and cheeks and it inflamed my rosacea.
    Its so hard to find a decent cleanser for dry skin that actually clears pores and cleanses the face, ones for sensitive skin just dont do anything, might as well be throwing water on my face, face wash for oily skin is far too drying. If anyone can recommend something id appreciate it.

I also bought Kinvara hyaluronic youth boost, ive never used products from this brand before but liking it so far, so much so I might try a few more of their products.

Also repurchased Moogoo 3 vitamins serum, Ive only being buying it for less than two years but ive already gone through about 10 bottles, I love it and really notice a difference in my skin when I use it, it improves texture, evens tone, helps with any dryness and helps to plump fine lines.

Im now broke for the rest of the month.

I've been using Relife cleansing oil and cleanser for months now and they are just fantastic. They do a moisturiser too but it's too rich to use on my face unless it's really dry and in bits (cleared up KP on my upper arms after two applications though, and I'd resigned myself to having that for life!). I use the oil and cleanser for a double cleanse when removing makeup or just the cleanser alone on no makeup days.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I've been using Relife cleansing oil and cleanser for months now and they are just fantastic. They do a moisturiser too but it's too rich to use on my face unless it's really dry and in bits (cleared up KP on my upper arms after two applications though, and I'd resigned myself to having that for life!). I use the oil and cleanser for a double cleanse when removing makeup or just the cleanser alone on no makeup days.

Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of this brand before but ill check it out, it sounds great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

dee_mc wrote: »

I don’t have KP but my bf does, would this Relife moisturiser be enough? How often do you need to apply it and does it take long to dry? Also is it easy to source in shops/online?
    Sorry for the twenty questions I’ve just no idea what to get him and hoping for something low maintenance or he won’t bother with it.

Advertisement