Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I have oily skin and really like Clinique foundation (sorry, I can’t remember which one exactly, think it’s the ‘even better’ one). On top of that I use Mac blot powder (I’m very pale, NC15, but use shade medium in the blot powder, as it’s essentially translucent).

From the above combination, I think the blot powder is the most effective product for keeping oil at bay (it’s talc free btw). I reckon you could wear almost any foundation formulated for combination/oily skin, and it will perform very well with the blot powder (from my experience e anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Has anyone tried the LMD Dawn to Dusk spray?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

Bought the sculpted by Aimee Connolly Beauty Base All in 1 moisturising primer.
    Very impressed, little goes a long way and leaves a lovely glow to bare skin. Also mixed it with my foundation and it left it lovely and dewy even after using loose powder.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mod note - If you are looking for product/service recommendations please start a new thread and keep this one for reviews and purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Inglot Duraline. Revive all your gel liners and mascara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Was given a once-used tube of Revitalash today. Going to try it on my eyebrows as I only have to look at the stupid things lately and I lose 4-5 hairs out of each. And I reeeeaaally don't have them to spare!

So I've been using this for almost three months now and while it stopped the hair falling out pretty much immediately, I'm finally starting to see regrowth in areas that haven't seen a hair since I was in my teens/early 20s. I'm delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So I've been using this for almost three months now and while it stopped the hair falling out pretty much immediately, I'm finally starting to see regrowth in areas that haven't seen a hair since I was in my teens/early 20s. I'm delighted!

I have really sparse eyebrows (too much plucking and a bit of eczema). I also don't really go to get any treatments so asked a colleague to ask her eyebrow woman what product is best to encourage regrowth. I researched a few on line, some products up to €125.

My colleague came back to say plain castor oil was the best product. Been using for about a month and really a difference - I have eyebrows for the first time in years. Think I spent about €8 on boots for it.

MsQuinn wrote: »
    I have really sparse eyebrows (too much plucking and a bit of eczema). I also don't really go to get any treatments so asked a colleague to ask her eyebrow woman what product is best to encourage regrowth. I researched a few on line, some products up to €125.

My colleague came back to say plain castor oil was the best product. Been using for about a month and really a difference - I have eyebrows for the first time in years. Think I spent about €8 on boots for it.

How often do you use it and what exactly do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

My lash tech recommends castor oil for lashes if taking a break from extensions -I've never actually tried it but interesting to see it being mentioned by others. Its a lot cheaper than any of the lash/brow products!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Recliner wrote: »
    How often do you use it and what exactly do you do?

I use only at night after my normal routine. I coat them completely with a fairly good amount massaging in with my fingertips. I use the Sunny Isle Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil - it will last about a year at the rate i'm using.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Got the m&s calendar 2day, it’s really good, better than last yrs

Icsics wrote: »

I want it....and I dont want it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Did you buy it online or in store?

alie wrote: »
    Did you buy it online or in store?
    In store, but they’re online too

In store, but they’re online too

Thanks,is it the same amount you have to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Today I bought a Catrice blush in Golden coral. I dont usually buy blush but lately feel like I need it.
    Its a really nice pinky/orange tone. Its very pigmented but very blendable and really brightened up my makeup.
    I also bought Catrice Generation plump and shine lipgloss in bold ruby and Essence lip liner in Something different. These two colours really compliment each other, theyre both a creamy burgundy colour. I put the lip pencil all over my lips, put the lip gloss ontop - dabbed it with tissue as it is very pigmented with the lip pencil underneath, it left a really nice natural looking red stain on my lips. The lipgloss is lovely, its not very sticky and is really comfortable.
    All these together only cost me like 6.50 and theyre really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Today I bought a Catrice blush in Golden coral. I dont usually buy blush but lately feel like I need it.
    Its a really nice pinky/orange tone. Its very pigmented but very blendable and really brightened up my makeup.
    I also bought Catrice Generation plump and shine lipgloss in bold ruby and Essence lip liner in Something different. These two colours really compliment each other, theyre both a creamy burgundy colour. I put the lip pencil all over my lips, put the lip gloss ontop - dabbed it with tissue as it is very pigmented with the lip pencil underneath, it left a really nice natural looking red stain on my lips. The lipgloss is lovely, its not very sticky and is really comfortable.
    All these together only cost me like 6.50 and theyre really good.

Penneys own lipliners are excellent too. I think they're €1.50.

alie wrote: »
    Thanks,is it the same amount you have to spend?

Yes, it’s €40 when I spend €30

I ordered clothes from M&S yesterday for store delivery on Tuesday along with the calendar. But we went there today and I bought himself a pair of jeans and bought the calendar as well.
    It's brilliant, but don't know if I want 2 of them. I just couldn't wait!!!

Yes, it’s €40 when I spend €30
    Grand thank you, I got one 2 years ago and it was great but last years was awful, looking forward to this one.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Calendar sold out online now, other half wants one we are abroad till Wednesday, hoping a city centre store still has stock by then.

Calendar sold out online now, other half wants one we are abroad till Wednesday, hoping a city centre store still has stock by then.
    There were loads in Liffey Valley, huge displays everywhere

Got the conspiracy palette, beautiful box, well packaged from beauty bay ,

Got myself the Aimee Connolly selection box - really love her sculpted palette and the beauty base so the smaller version of bb is great for travelling. Not sure if I will be buying the foundation though.

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Got myself the Aimee Connolly selection box - really love her sculpted palette and the beauty base so the smaller version of bb is great for travelling. Not sure if I will be buying the foundation though.

Can I ask where you bought this please?

I got it in Boots in Stephens Green, but also saw them in Dundrum a couple of nights ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The BPerfect under eye concealer is amazing! I prefer it to my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer & my Urban Decay Naked Skin.

It covers dark circles really well, good coverage and has quite a dewy, fresh finish. Its also quite yellow toned which I love in a concealer. There is only 1 shade option which is quite annoying but I've been using it since May and I'd definitely repurchase - I really really love it.

I got myself the Aimee Connolly lip duo and the second skin foundation. Stupidly, I picked up the matte foundation when I meant to get the dewy one, so its not really doing what I would like, although I will use it. I love the lip duo though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Marks and Spencer’s have 20% off some beauty and skincare and then a further discount when you use the code YESPLEASE. I just stocked up on some REN and pixi stuff.

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    Marks and Spencer’s have 20% off some beauty and skincare and then a further discount when you use the code YESPLEASE. I just stocked up on some REN and pixi stuff.

Since I discovered the Percy & Reed Wonder Balm in the calendar I'm addicted! Great deals with the extra code, but remember to add it

Advertisement