Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Picked up this today for €2 in Heatons.

Dove-Body-Silk-Cream-300ml_S.jpg

Never used it before, hope it's good.

This is my favourite body moisturiser ever! Must go stock up in Heatons!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Nead21 wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the new Garnier B.B. Miracle Skin Perfecter cream?

Is it any good? I have pale skin and was thinking about using the light one.

I haven't tried it yet but I have ordered a free sample of the light one (only one available luckily enough!) from here, might be worth trying out before buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yep, last week and i actually hate it. If you want mine to try (its medium though) ill happily send it to you. Its my least favourite product ive bought in a long time. Overhyped, overpriced and awful. Ive downgraded it from 3/10 to 0/10.Theres literally nothing i like about it.

Superquinn have testers of it out at the minute. Try before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

i love it i hav the light one perfect shade it can look oily but is good for me as i hav dry skin this has now replaced my foundation for day wear

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

I have it in light, and it's just ok. I do need to use some powder afterwards as it is quite shiny. Don't think I'd repurchase, but I'll definitely use it during the day until it runs out. It's good in that it saves me time in the morning, so I tend just to wear it when I'm going to work. As said above, maybe try get a sample before you buy! Wish I had tbh :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Thanks for the replies.

Definitely going to sample it first before I purchase, and have just ordered the sample from the website you linked me to, MissFlitworth, thank you :)

I'm surprised with the negative views....clearly I'm a total victim of advertising!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

Bought this today in Heatons as well! 2 euro!

SM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up two Essence eyes hadows today.

I got shades "01 coppy right" and "02 glammy goes to"

stay-all-day-long-lasting-eyeshadow_01_offen.png

atqabeautyblogspotcomes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

Got this today:

It smells lovely and I was on the lookout for a nice smelling body moisturiser, this is also the same scent as a Laura Mercier one that I had been coveting but at 3.99 its alot cheaper than their 60 euro one!

Body MOSIT Creme Brulee

l_1315317345.jpgProduct description: MOIST adds moisture to the skin and helps restore elasticity so the skin becomes smoother, firmer and more supple. Enriched with shea butter and vitamin F, MOIST protects the skin and balances the amount of moisture in the skin.

Scent: Creme Brulee
    Price:
    €3.49

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

MiniSquish wrote: »
    Got this today:

It smells lovely and I was on the lookout for a nice smelling body moisturiser, this is also the same scent as a Laura Mercier one that I had been coveting but at 3.99 its alot cheaper than their 60 euro one!

Body MOSIT Creme Brulee

l_1315317345.jpgProduct description: MOIST adds moisture to the skin and helps restore elasticity so the skin becomes smoother, firmer and more supple. Enriched with shea butter and vitamin F, MOIST protects the skin and balances the amount of moisture in the skin.

Price:
    €3.49

hey, am new to this thread but long time lurker!

Where did you buy this cream? Let me know how you get on with it as it sounds nice from description!! (and delicious...)

• Advertisement

I bought it in a Matt O Flaherty's pharmacy. If you live in Galway I got it in the one beside Brown Thomas. Haven't used it yet. Keeping it for tomorrow, I'm off and am going to have a day of pampering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I bought it in a Matt O Flaherty's pharmacy. If you live in Galway I got it in the one beside Brown Thomas. Haven't used it yet. Keeping it for tomorrow, I'm off and am going to have a day of pampering :)

lucky you!
    Thanks for reply, am in dirty ol Dublin.....guess i will use Google to see where i can get it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bought this OPI Serena Williams edition on BrandAlley today. THis is my first shatter polish, so I'm intrigued. stg10.25

opi-glam-slam-serena-williams-collection-shatter-bottles.jpg

Picture taken from All Lacquered Up blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

It was my birthday at the weekend and a friend of mine who works for Chanel was kind enough to get me a few little presents!

Precision eyelash curler

recourbe++cils+de+chanel+precision+eyelash+curler+chanel+reviews.jpg

Chanel Eau Fraiche

Chance-Eau-Fraiche-Chanel-for-women.jpg

Les 4 Ombres - Kaska Beige

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7-CQLl5euUMQeQ1koSfw8-UehMLzPXbOp5fECUP8I79KLrY_n

Rouge noir Nail polish

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8h6MdPRtu6xN9BB7tGXJ0HcJMasy7AntGhhVAs-MuhCAMkkza

Glossimer - Blizzard

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHW44cPwqIgjr7M8oJEeTYLK1teA52Hai708MYYOrRZCSXcbI2VA

Kohl pencil in Noir

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsw9NEW-qMwOixJi-As1RZld4NE_UroqM-oIr24tOtKVvOmVnN0A

Also was lucky enough to get these topshop pieces

Bold liner in a grey colour can't find the specific colour on the pencil but this it the picture here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoplWkVuQzLrj0Ba6OKgNDRDJIlss1HwB6M8IH3j8eBXoYZZsN

And Eyes of steels nailpolish too :)

20N11ZPLE_2_thumb.jpg

Lots of nice things to keep me occupied for the next while! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

It was my birthday at the weekend and a friend of mine who works for Chanel was kind enough to get me a few little presents!

Wow, what a nice friend! Happy belated birthday! I have that Chanel perfume and I love it... Always get compliments on it :)

Tried these on the other days and my eyes were stinging me :(

Shame as I love the colours, a nice brown and a nice champagne gold which would have a made a gorgeous base colour, gonna try them again and see, hopefully I can use them.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Tried these on the other days and my eyes were stinging me :(

Shame as I love the colours, a nice brown and a nice champagne gold which would have a made a gorgeous base colour, gonna try them again and see, hopefully I can use them.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have the copper one and the darker grey one and haven't had that problem with them. I've even used them on my lower lash line with no problems. Very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Got this today:

Body MOSIT Creme Brulee

Price:
    €3.49

anyone know where i could get my hands on this online with delivery to ireland? i cant get it anywhere local and have been wanting to try it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got a No 7 €7.50 voucher today so going to pick up that cloth cleanser thing!

Got this today, find it very good for the price. Not sure which colour I have ( I haven't it handy at the moment), it looks like a purpley pink in the tube though but comes out a nicer paler pink:

http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/vinyl-max-lip-gloss

And finally started a MAC palette today instead of constantly buying individual eye shadows, got Shroom as an all over base colour and I always go for browns so I got Fig. 1 as a nice purple colour to be a bit different.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/363/Eye-Shadow/index.tmpl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Twee. wrote: »
    Got a No 7 €7.50 voucher today so going to pick up that cloth cleanser thing!

Me too! Forgot that I had one and everyone seems to be raving about it here so its worth a go:)

Ordered this for the mammies birthday, hope to god it arrives in time :)

calvin-klein
    female-truth-30ml-edp-spray.jpg

http://www.cheapsmells.com/viewProduct.php?id=3330

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think I am allergic to MAC's Fluidline. I posted in The Chatwalk a few weeks ago about getting really sore, red eyes. It hasn't happened in a while but yesterday I wore that eye liner and now one of my eye lids has a sore lump on it. :( I hadn't worn it recently which is why I think it could be it as opposed to my mascara etc.

Anyone else ever found this with that eyeliner?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Novella wrote: »
    Anyone else ever found this with that eyeliner?

Oh dear! I've never had any issues with Mac eyeliner, but a Rimmel liquid liner burned the crap out of my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I'm a long time lurker, but yesterday I bought Urban Decays naked Palette and felt I HAD to share this with you all! :) LOVE it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I ordered my first ghd last week and it finally arrived today!

GHD-Glamour-Limited-Edition-1.jpg

Actually, 2 came! Looks like there was a mistake in the shipping, so I have 2 for the price of one, snap!! Just going to make sure they don't charge my credit card for it... I may have to send it back, though. Here's hoping they don't notice :pac:

I was so excited to start curling my hair but it looks like I need to practice. It's not as easy as it looks! I'm not a big hair straightening person normally but I think I got a good deal on it and I like the versatility it offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Twee. wrote: »
    Oh dear! I've never had any issues with Mac eyeliner, but a Rimmel liquid liner burned the crap out of my eyes.

Love that eyeliner so much. Am gonna be so sad if it's what is hurting my eyes! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Bought Lakme gloss hair colour in Violet. Hope it's good, my mums putting it in for me tomorrow.

Got in salon services shops, love them places!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi__BMjgDC_67dUYFaIVwHj8fPNicaQLuz3egH1fxZYEw7YLTQMabelline Colossal Cat Eye Mascara - bought this very sceptical thought no way marketing ploy etc but em....it actually really works and does give a cats eyeish look :)

Advertisement