Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My Glossier order came today! The balms are fabulous, so rich and moisturising. I'm a dope and didn't realise the birthday one was "birthday cake" flavour (thanks America, for the worst flavour ever). I thought it was just the original one with a bit of sparkle, ya know, sparkles for your birthday. The smell doesn't linger too much so that's good, but in general I hate those very sweet and fake vanilla scents.

The blush is gorgeous, a little goes a very long way. I just tipped my brush off the residue that on the top of the tube and that was enough for both cheeks. I used a Real Techniques Expert Face brush, which is very dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Twee. wrote: »
    My Glossier order came today! The balms are fabulous, so rich and moisturising. I'm a dope and didn't realise the birthday one was "birthday cake" flavour (thanks America, for the worst flavour ever). I thought it was just the original one with a bit of sparkle, ya know, sparkles for your birthday. The smell doesn't linger too much so that's good, but in general I hate those very sweet and fake vanilla scents.

The blush is gorgeous, a little goes a very long way. I just tipped my brush off the residue that on the top of the tube and that was enough for both cheeks. I used a Real Techniques Expert Face brush, which is very dense.

Which of the balms did you get? :) They have a bundle on the website where you can get a discount if you get 3, and I want pretty much all of them so it's hard to narrow it down :pac:

I got Mint flavour with no tint, it's smells and feels lovely. Secondly Rose which is rose scented and supposed to have a little colour but it doesn't really show up for me, for me there isn't much difference between it and the non-tinted one. Could just be how it looks on my natural lip colour. And then Birthday, as mentioned before, nice sparkle but quite heavily scented. If you want a bit of colour maybe try the Cherry one?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

I ended up going for Rose, Cherry and Mango, very excited for each! It'll be ages before they arrive but really looking forward to it.

I also got the skin tint, Cloud Paint in puff (the light pink) and Boy Brow in clear. I don't really do anything with my eyebrows at the moment so it'll be interesting to get to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I bought a few items from the Skingrediants range recently. I first bought the SPF 50, Its like a dewy tinted moisturizer, ive been wearing it instead of foundation which is great as I can reapply throughout the day. It also protects against blue light from screens and phones. Its really light and ive had no irritation from using it.

I loved it so much I decided to buy a few more products, I bought the PrePropbiotic cleanser, it leaves my skin really hydrated after washing it and doesnt irritate it.

I also bought the Skin protein vitamin A + C serum. My skin is too sensitive for Retinols so thought this might be a good alternative, it says it can be used morning and night and can be used as an eye cream. So far I havent had any irritation and it leaves my skin hydrated but iv only been using it a few days so yet to see results.

Id love to know what others think of this brand? I only just came across it but the products seem really good for dry/sensitive skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Id love to know what others think of this brand? I only just came across it but the products seem really good for dry/sensitive skin.

I've used some of skingrediants.
    Skin Veg - didnt rate it, no difference in my skin.
    Skin Protein - really like it, find it hydrating and like there is A&C in it, also can be used around the eyes which is great.
    Skin Good Fats- not using it long but I thought with the name it would be really rich and luxurious but I find it a very standard moisturiser. As it stands, wouldnt repurchase this or Veg but am on my second Protein.

I also got the Ella & Jo hyaluronic acid - its got a lovely texture and feeling but dont know its mighty for hydration. On the fence at the min.

lashes34 wrote: »
    I've used some of skingrediants.
    Skin Veg - didnt rate it, no difference in my skin.
    Skin Protein - really like it, find it hydrating and like there is A&C in it, also can be used around the eyes which is great.
    Skin Good Fats- not using it long but I thought with the name it would be really rich and luxurious but I find it a very standard moisturiser. As it stands, wouldnt repurchase this or Veg but am on my second Protein.

I also got the Ella & Jo hyaluronic acid - its got a lovely texture and feeling but dont know its mighty for hydration. On the fence at the min.

Thanks for this. I was going to buy the good fats and skin veg but wont bother now :)

Thanks for this. I was going to buy the good fats and skin veg but wont bother now :)

My sister swears by Skin Veg so its different for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

voldejoie wrote: »
    I ended up going for Rose, Cherry and Mango, very excited for each! It'll be ages before they arrive but really looking forward to it.

I also got the skin tint, Cloud Paint in puff (the light pink) and Boy Brow in clear. I don't really do anything with my eyebrows at the moment so it'll be interesting to get to use it!

I ordered on the 27th May and arrived today so shipping is quite fast!! Was a bit worried about customs but label says it is from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just ordered Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation. I went for shade 5c, hope it’s right :/ I’m usually NW15 in Mac.
    Anyone try this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Just ordered Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation. I went for shade 5c, hope it’s right :/ I’m usually NW15 in Mac.
    Anyone try this?

Ohh I dunno, I'm NW 15 in Mac and I've used shades 3 and 4 in the magic foundation (4 in summer) but I don' know if the shades are the same across different foundation products.

****e :/ it’s so hard to know, it was a complete stab in the dark. Hopefully it’ll be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Anyone try this?

I got matched in bts when it came out last summer....I don’t like it at all on me. It’s very cakey or something. I’m a total whore for her stuff though and generally love what she brings out. Killing me not to buy the new airbrush bronzer but I’ve about 72 other bronzers to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

****e :/ it’s so hard to know, it was a complete stab in the dark. Hopefully it’ll be alright

You've done what I always do. Order it and then ask online for feedback on the shade/quality. Every single time i buy something i go googling reviews and then get worried when they reviews are **** cause it's too late. But I never learn my lesson to just do the research first!

Recently bought some skincare from Image, I got the Ageless Cleanser and Mask along with the Vital C Mask. Find them great together twice a week for smoothing my skin and getting rid of dead skin cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

lashes34 wrote: »
    Recently bought some skincare from Image, I got the Ageless Cleanser and Mask along with the Vital C Mask. Find them great together twice a week for smoothing my skin and getting rid of dead skin cells.

I love the Vital C mask. And it smells so fresh too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

The vital C mask is one of my all time favourite products. I've rebought it a few times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I also love the vital c mask. I also feel like I sleep better on the nights I use it!

A few months ago I bought Nars Tinted glow booster. Since I started getting lines on my face ive noticed my skin is looking quite dull and was looking for anything that added a bit of glow without being glittery or highlightery.
    I love it, its really natural looking and looks great under makeup, it smooths everything out.
    My only gripe is that it comes in a glass bottle, it's only 30ml and has a pump with a very small hole in the top of the bottle so will be very hard to get product out when it starts to run out.

Anyone try this?

This arrived yesterday and I tried it out today. The shade is a good match actually, it’s very close to Mac NW15, maybe slightly more yellow but it’s a good match. I wasn’t mad about it when I had it applied without anything else on top. The coverage is nice, full but not heavy, but I found it left my skin looking kind of flat or something. Once I’d applied all my other bits I genuinely couldn’t see any difference to any other day or how my make up usually looks.

Having said that though, I did a zoom call shortly after and I thought my make up looked better than usual on camera, and I was also complimented on my “skin” so maybe it’s one of those foundations that just looks better on camera than in the flesh?
    Also it’s quite heavily scented which I’m not a huge fan of but I’ve heard many say they love the scent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

A few months ago I bought Nars Tinted glow booster. Since I started getting lines on my face ive noticed my skin is looking quite dull and was looking for anything that added a bit of glow without being glittery or highlightery.
    I love it, its really natural looking and looks great under makeup, it smooths everything out.
    My only gripe is that it comes in a glass bottle, it's only 30ml and has a pump with a very small hole in the top of the bottle so will be very hard to get product out when it starts to run out.

That's good to know, I was considering this as an alternative to CT Flawless Filter as that has a glass bottle too which is my one bugbear with it. It has a doe-foot applicator, like a jumbo concealer wand, but that's not bendy enough to be able to scrape out the end of the product, which I'd like to be able to do after forking out €40 for it. I was trying to decant a bit for holidays last year as I would happily have taken that and no other foundation, but couldn't.

Bad packaging is such a turnoff in a product. I really liked the MAC Pro Longwear concealer but the pump gives far too much product even with the most careful touch. So much waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

This arrived yesterday and I tried it out today. The shade is a good match actually, it’s very close to Mac NW15, maybe slightly more yellow but it’s a good match. I wasn’t mad about it when I had it applied without anything else on top. The coverage is nice, full but not heavy, but I found it left my skin looking kind of flat or something. Once I’d applied all my other bits I genuinely couldn’t see any difference to any other day or how my make up usually looks.

Having said that though, I did a zoom call shortly after and I thought my make up looked better than usual on camera, and I was also complimented on my “skin” so maybe it’s one of those foundations that just looks better on camera than in the flesh?
    Also it’s quite heavily scented which I’m not a huge fan of but I’ve heard many say they love the scent.

I didn't have any visible wrinkles until I applied Airbrush Flawless Foundation. I am also using the 5c shade. I have gone back to Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum and Maybelline Urban Foundation (the dupe for It Cosmetics CC cream) and have no wrinkles again:pac:

I was also conned into buying the pillow talk lipstick and it's brownish pink (more brown than anything), I was fooled as it is advertised as this gorgeous pink shade online.

Charlotte Tillbury is overrated. I have other products that I like from CT but the price still isn't justified IMO.

I didn't have any visible wrinkles until I applied Airbrush Flawless Foundation. I am also using the 5c shade. I have gone back to Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum and Maybelline Urban Foundation (the dupe for It Cosmetics CC cream) and have no wrinkles again:pac:

I was also conned into buying the pillow talk lipstick and it's brownish pink (more brown than anything), I was fooled as it is advertised as this gorgeous pink shade online.

Charlotte Tillbury is overrated. I have other products that I like from CT but the price still isn't justified IMO.

I agreed with this fully until a few years ago when I started noticing changes in my skin. Her products are very hit and miss but so many of her products are very well suited to age 30+ skin.
    I hardley use anything else, her products add such glow and life back into my skin, this sis something I didnt appreciate when I was younger as I didnt have those skin problems to worry about.
    Her wonderglow, powders, eye liners and eyeshadows are pretty good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cereal_Killer

Swapped my redken anti snap shampoo out for Kevin Murphy blonde angel wash and rinse. I am using the dream filter too, but it dried out my hair. Disappointed.

Has anyone tried the ex1 foundation? I ordered it a few days ago and am exited to try it. It’s getting rave reviews and it was only about €12 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Has anyone tried the ex1 foundation? I ordered it a few days ago and am exited to try it. It’s getting rave reviews and it was only about €12 or something

I've seen the rave reviews but haven't tried it only because I've never seen it in Boots to try colour match. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

I've seen the rave reviews but haven't tried it only because I've never seen it in Boots to try colour match. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Yeah I saw Karla K try it and it looked fab on her! But she used shade 5 which is faaaaar too dark for me so I did what I usually do and took a stab in the dark and hoped for the best :pac: I ordered shade 2 and hopefully it will be a good match. I don’t like to veer too much from my natural skin tone but I want a bit of warmth too and not look ghostly pale. Will post back when I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Yeah I saw Karla K try it and it looked fab on her! But she used shade 5 which is faaaaar too dark for me so I did what I usually do and took a stab in the dark and hoped for the best :pac: I ordered shade 2 and hopefully it will be a good match. I don’t like to veer too much from my natural skin tone but I want a bit of warmth too and not look ghostly pale. Will post back when I get it!

I saw Karla K with it too and wanted to try it. Will be interested to hear your thoughts as I think it looked fab on her and very wearable. Ordering from boots is very offputting at the moment as there are so much out of stock items on the site (which dont show as oos until you select them) and delivery is a lot longer than usual.

• Advertisement

I ordered from Look Fantastic they seemed to have all of the shades so might be worth checking there!

Advertisement