Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

aristocat wrote: »
    That EOS lip balm looks dinky! Is it any good?

It's getting really good reviews online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Honest to god, it is really good. My lips were in bits the last few weeks and it's sorted them out no end - this mint one has a lovely tingle too and leaves them nice and moisturised. Seems to last longer on my lips than other balms too. Really would recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Honest to god, it is really good. My lips were in bits the last few weeks and it's sorted them out no end - this mint one has a lovely tingle too and leaves them nice and moisturised. Seems to last longer on my lips than other balms too. Really would recommend it!

Is there anywhere you can buy it in store? It looks so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought it in the USA in the green Honeysuckle flavour. The shape is great but I prefer my Cymex as a lip balm/primer. I used to have dry lips which looks bad under pale lipsticks but this makes them smooth all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I haven't seen it anywhere but I wouldn't really be familiar with bigger Department Stores, maybe someone in a larger town or city might know? I'm only in a tiny little town that still has the Essence Ballerina Backstage dregs on display :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

AFAIK it's only available in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Picked up Schwarzkopf got2b straightening blow dry kit in boots this afternoon for 5.99, couldn't find any reviews online so I assume it's a new product? Gonna try it out on sunday anyway so fingers crossed it works in some way, but I'm not expecting miracles!

413d7o2Q8jL._SX300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My new favourite fake tan. Boots Soltan Beautiful Bronze self tan gel.It was €9.99 about 2 weeks ago and have used it twice. I LOVE this so much.It dries quickly,smells lovely,has a tiny hint of a shimmer initially but develops into a lovely medium caramel toned tan overnight. Im literally giving this 10/10...ive nothing bad to say about it :D
    img2011070600434.jpg

Borrowed this off my flatmate last night. Marks and Spencers nail varnish in Lilac. Really cute spring colour and i was really surprised how lovely this is. I barely get one day (with the kind of work i do) without chipping. This has 1 small chip on my thumb which is a record. Needed 2 coats to see the intensity of the Lilac. Very impressed. 9/10

534912947695a056d22f.jpg

^Above is not my pic but this is what it looked like on me IRL below today.

photoztwy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNaxm7-zENhE66S-cP85vPgknSxvOeQ730zA76nr3Vf0hj2AqpNp3wqyfmFw

Got this in "SuperNova" and it is fantastic and I'm never happy with make up! I don't even use foundation anymore I just use this. I also put it on with a brush and not the sponge applicator it comes with, gives great coverage and it feels like nothing is on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Revlon Lip Butter in 045 Cotton Candy - Totally got sucked into the hype. Not that impressed in person but haven't tried it out properly yet.

Max Factor No45 Fantasy Fire Love Love Love!!!

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 01 Fair - long on my "to get" list after reviews from makeupandbeauty.ie and vivaadonis.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Orlee wrote: »
    Revlon Lip Butter in 045 Cotton Candy - Totally got sucked into the hype. Not that impressed in person but haven't tried it out properly yet.

Max Factor No45 Fantasy Fire Love Love Love!!!

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 01 Fair - long on my "to get" list after reviews from makeupandbeauty.ie and vivaadonis.ie

Collection 2000 concealer is amazing, I've reviewed it too and got one in every shade for my kit for make up class, it's really superb at covering dark circles without creasing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

None of the Boots I was in today had the Revlon Lip Butters :( No sign at all in Jervis (stuff always seems to be in there way after everywhere else anyway, at least it was that way with Soap & Glory makeup and the Real Techniques brushes), and they only had testers in the Maynooth one, which never usually lets me down.

I did get lots of other stuff though :D Haven't bought any makeup in a while, so decided to treat myself!

Soap & Glory Bright Here Bright Now energy balm - for mixing with my foundation to make me all illuminous and sparkly.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation - it's got really good reviews, and I needed a new foundation so thought I'd give it a go.

Inglot Cream Concealer in 29 - for contouring. I have the green one of these already, and it is AMAZING, so I thought I'd get a dark one to use under my contour powder (NYX Taupe blush) as using powder by itself doesn't tend to last on me. Only 12 euro as well, which is great as you only need to use a tiny amount.

Barry M Touch of Magic lipstick - I'd swatched this a few times on my arm, and it came out a lovely bright pink (it changes colour depending on your skin's ph level), so I thought I'd get it as there were no lip butters :pac:

Bought a few nail polishes too, which I posted over in the nail polish thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Bought bobbi brown long wear cream shadow in black pearl, had my eye on the colour for AGES. turns out its not long wear at all and ended up with glitter all over my eyes :(

SO NOT WORTH THE PRICE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

booboo88 wrote: »
    Bought bobbi brown long wear cream shadow in black pearl, had my eye on the colour for AGES. turns out its not long wear at all and ended up with glitter all over my eyes :(

SO NOT WORTH THE PRICE.
    I have three Bobbi Brown long wear cream shadows (black pearl, moonstone and sandy gold) and haven't had that problem. I've worn sandy gold and moonstone plenty of times.

I haven't worn black pearl though, might wear it around the house a bit before venturing out with it on, just in case I've the same problem as you have.

I have three Bobbi Brown long wear cream shadows (black pearl, moonstone and sandy gold) and haven't had that problem. I've worn sandy gold and moonstone plenty of times.

I haven't worn black pearl though, might wear it around the house a bit before venturing out with it on, just in case I've the same problem as you have.

Is there alot of glitter in the other ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Is there alot of glitter in the other ones?
    They are glittery but I don't think they are overly glittery tbh. That said, I only apply a tiny amount so the more you apply the more glittery they will look.

I'll PM you a link to some swatches if you want, they are on my blog so I can't post the link publicly as it's not allowed to promote personal blogs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Are the Revlon lip butters out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Yes they are, got two yesterday in boots dundrum but there was only like six left. I like them i got lollipop and candy apple and both are very vibrant on the lip. They are lovely to moisturise and for days when you dont want a stain on your lip, something that will moisturise and when it comes off after eating or drinking you have the options of changing up your colour or reapplying what you had. Now one bad thing is they apparently melt a bit and can messy up a bit in the tube but im not a gloss fan and my nails are too long to use things like vasaline so i would definatley recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I just went to my bathroom in the dark since I was half asleep and didn't want to deal with the bright lights...and accidentally knocked my benefit high beam onto the tiled floor! Of course the bottle smashed, highlighter everywhere :(

I will probably replace it eventually because I love it! But would anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper dupe that would keep me going until I have enough to pay benefit prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Picked up this Origins Never a Dull Moment exfoliator in the US for $21. It seems really thick, but I do like a good exfoliator

or_0GWL01_300.jpg

And, because I didn't pack any body lotion/moisturiser with me, I got this Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Relief - smells divine

300.jpg

• Advertisement

jokettle wrote: »
    I just went to my bathroom in the dark since I was half asleep and didn't want to deal with the bright lights...and accidentally knocked my benefit high beam onto the tiled floor! Of course the bottle smashed, highlighter everywhere :(

I will probably replace it eventually because I love it! But would anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper dupe that would keep me going until I have enough to pay benefit prices?

Ill have a look through my collection, if I can find any sample sizes ill post it on

I have a mini one from a set I got at christmas if you want it JoKettle? I've got a full size bottle myself so I won't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

jokettle wrote: »
    I just went to my bathroom in the dark since I was half asleep and didn't want to deal with the bright lights...and accidentally knocked my benefit high beam onto the tiled floor! Of course the bottle smashed, highlighter everywhere <a href="{smilies}/frown.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Frown" smilieid="5" class="inlineimg" /> <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    I haven't bought any of these myself but I've been looking to replace my high beam sample
    http://www.mememecosmetics.co.uk/beat-the-blues-face-illuminator-1
    http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/dupe-alert-barbara-daly-soft-focus-highlighter-vs-benefit-girl-meets-pearl/
    think ill try the Barbra Daly one, I like that its not too cold or warm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Ill have a look through my collection, if I can find any sample sizes ill post it on
    I have a mini one from a set I got at christmas if you want it JoKettle? I've got a full size bottle myself so I won't miss it.

You girls are so sweet, thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Picked up two Revlon Lip Butters in boots at lunch and one of the new Loreal Caresse ones - Im wearing Lollipop lip butter at the min and pleasantly surprised by the pigmentation.

3 for 2 in make up in Boots!

Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 kisses in Endless Blossom (furthest to the left)
    Good colour, stains nicely and the balm at the other end is nice too.

rimmel1.jpg

Barry M TMLP lipstick.
    Pinky colour that adjusts to the PH of your lips. At the moment it's a bright rapsberry colour on me :)
    barry-m-touch-of-magic-lipstick-tmlp-green-turns-pink-magic-7057-p.jpg

Maybelline Colour sensational luscious lipgloss in 410 peach sorbet.
    Lovely colour, not a very strong colour payoff but just enough to give a peach sheen. Not sticky at all and no glitter either woo!!

DNX0000395_1_Maybelline_Color_Sensational_Lipgloss_410_Peach_Sorbet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I want to try that Barry M colour change lipstick. I hardly ever wear lipstick as I don't like the way some of them feel on. What does this one feel like?

Feels like a balm tbh. Doesn't feel at all like lipstick. Not as slippy as vaseline or the likes but not sticky or drying. I have the maybelline gloss over it now and my lips feel lovely and smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Feels like a balm tbh. Doesn't feel at all like lipstick. Not as slippy as vaseline or the likes but not sticky or drying. I have the maybelline gloss over it now and my lips feel lovely and smooth.

Thanks. Sounds like my kind of lipstick:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Decided to try a different Skin79 BB Cream, plan to try them all probably! Lovely finish and stayed put through out the day which was fab!

c0195_Dr._Jart_bb_cream_41Z0OnOCmlL.jpg

Advertisement