Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Where is Skin79 available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

aristocat wrote: »
    Where is Skin79 available?

I order from a trusted seller off EBay, unfortunately it's the easiest way but great prices, free delivery and always arrives quickly, usually with a free sample!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I just bought Estee Lauder Double Wear today in Debenhams:) I bought it in the shade Ecru, and it cost 34euro. I had to try it as soon as I got home:o I love how it looks! I normally wear Revlon Colorstay but this just has a gorgeous finish to it. Really happy so far!:p

9537d00afeadf2f4388800d29995de97.jpg

I also got a lipgloss and Double Wear concealer free with it which I wasn't expecting at all!:eek: The lipgloss is really nice, not sticky and has a lovely smell! It just enhances my natural lip colour which I like, I'm not big on colourful lips! Need to do some research on the concealer and see what the general opinion on it is!:p

d_201203_concealer_lipgloss_offer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I just bought Estee Lauder Double Wear today in Debenhams:) I bought it in the shade Ecru, and it cost 34euro. I had to try it as soon as I got home:o I love how it looks! I normally wear Revlon Colorstay but this just has a gorgeous finish to it. Really happy so far!:p

<SNIP>

I also got a lipgloss and Double Wear concealer free with it which I wasn't expecting at all!:eek: The lipgloss is really nice, not sticky and has a lovely smell! It just enhances my natural lip colour which I like, I'm not big on colourful lips! Need to do some research on the concealer and see what the general opinion on it is!:p

<SNIP>

Ooh, how come you got freebies? I'm thinking of buying that same foundation (I've a sample of the same shade ironically) but if theres freebies going I might be more inclined not to wait till I'm in the uk to buy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Ooh, how come you got freebies? I'm thinking of buying that same foundation (I've a sample of the same shade ironically) but if theres freebies going I might be more inclined not to wait till I'm in the uk to buy :-)

I've no idea tbh, it's the first time I've ever bought anything from Estee Lauder! Needless to say I was fairly happy:P It's probably an offer they have at the moment, although I've seen no advertising for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I think I heard an ad on the radio re the Estee Lauder freebie - thought you had to buy the new invisible (or whatever its called!!) foundation though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever used Model in a Bottle?

http://www.modelinabottle.com/

I heard from someone that it actually worked for them, and it sounds like it'd be a godsend for me as my skins gets really oily after even like an hour unless I constantly powder it!

Sounds too good to be true...??? :p

Ya I have a bottle of it and honest to god its brilliant! keeps your make up on really well. I went to the gym, the swimming and shower afterwards to test it and my makeup stayed in place. With only a little smudge from mascara. I've a blog post on it. If you want to check it out I can pm you the link :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

• Aldi miracle oil (their version of Moroccan oil) €3.99
    • Aldi SPF 50 moisturiser €4.99
    • Max Factor Fantasy Fire nail polish
    • Sleek Storm palette €8.50 + €2 postage from beautyemporium.ie
    • MAC 187 brush (I've wanted this forever, huge investment purchase)
    • MAC "Capricious" liptick (free with 6 empties from back2Mac)
    • Real Techniques stippling brush and and blusher brush (bought them because almost every beauty blogger on youtube is using them and I'm easily influenced)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Is the Aldi miracle oil any good?

Saorenza wrote: »
    Is the Aldi miracle oil any good?

Only got it yesterday so not used it yet. I have the real moroccan oil as well as orifluido, the cheap penneys one and a few others but I have high hopes for the aldi version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Decided to venture away from my trusty ELDW the other day to try Vichy Dermablend...Have to say I'm pretty impressed, the only negatives I'd have would be that it goes a bit dewy looking as the night goes on but keeping some powder handy counteracts that and it smells kinda like christmas morning when I was younger (I guess I mean it smells a bit plasticy like toys in the early 80's) will prob repurchase double wear next though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Picked up a few (ahem) bits yesterday - Demakup pads, Aldi Miracle Oil, couple of Montagne Jeunesse face masks, Garnier hand cream, Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation - gonna try the miracle oil today. I'm an Orofluido girl so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=30052487

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation in 00 Alabaster, bought in Arnotts today. €38.45, PRETTY steep! They were very helpful in there though. Went in last week and a girl tried some colours on me, was really helpful even after I said I wasn't planning on buying that day! So today I just handed in the card with the details on it and purchased, done and done in about 10 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yeah I find them lovely at bobbi brown's in arnotts. I prefer arnotts to BTs anyway, always feel like I'm bothering people if I ask for help in BTs!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I don't like the way they act slightly horrified when you don't buy in BT. Like you are wasting their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Got the new Force of Love MAC lipstick with Back2MAC, it has a chinese girl in the advertising, its a lovely pinky red shade.

Got Crazy Angel tan in the lightest shade, used it last night and this morning. Its brilliant, just the right amount of colour for me.

I got one of the Revlon lip butters- the colour was "Cupcake" its a lovely pink colour, they're lovely and soft on your lips, I got that free in a Boots 3 for 2, with my other purchases being a Revlon Photo Finish Mousse Foundation for my Mom and the Bourjois Volume Glamour Max mascara, it is amazing for the price. I would definitely recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Really like the Revlon lip butters. I got Lollipop and wore it over MAC Magenta lip liner - makes such a nice bright pink lip! They're usually in the drawers on the Revlon stand, if anyone can't find them. They don't seem to have them in the main displays in any Boots I've been in, even though they have them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Anyone not a gold member?

oooh sir

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

was shopping in Portland today and picked up Smashbox O Glow, Benefit's Erase Paste and Benefit's Ooh La Lift. Haven't tried Smashbox before and needed refills in the other two.

Last week I had a ball to attend for college so I wanted to get a foundation that was long lasting and wouldn't melt off my face (the place was fecking roasting!). Originally wanted to get Revlon Colorstay, but they didn't have a shade to suit me in the dry skin formula >.< So I spent a bit of time looking around, and decided on L'Oreal Infallable. It was kind of an impulse purchase tbh, but I needed to get something that day :p

Anyway, I like it! I mixed it with some Soap and Glory energy balm to give it a dewy finish as it's quite matte. Sits on the skin really nice, and buffs in well (used the real techniques buffing brush - actually don't know how I put on foundation before getting this!). And it does last on the skin; my foundation stayed in place all night (apart from getting a bit shiny, but that was because of me perspiring with the heat :o). Cost €18 in Boots. I wouldn't be the biggest L'Oreal fan at all either (pretty sure this is my only product of theirs), but I do like Infallable a lot. Watch out though if you're really pale, because the lightest colour they had there (vanilla, one I have) is actually a bit darker than in the bottle, and quite yellow toned too. I'm not that pale on my face so it was fine, but just a word of warning.

• Advertisement

They're usually in the drawers on the Revlon stand, if anyone can't find them. They don't seem to have them in the main displays in any Boots I've been in, even though they have them :confused:

Because of shoplifters helping themselves :mad:

I got a lip butter in macaroon, not really sure what all the hype is about to be honest. It's fine, I'll use it now that I've bought it but I don't see myself re-purchasing.

Another purchase I'm disappointed with is the L'oreal gel eyeliner. I got the golden black which has gold glitter/shimmer in it. Lovely idea but it's not very black at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Piper101 wrote: »
    Decided to venture away from my trusty ELDW the other day to try Vichy Dermablend...Have to say I'm pretty impressed, the only negatives I'd have would be that it goes a bit dewy looking as the night goes on but keeping some powder handy counteracts that and it smells kinda like christmas morning when I was younger (I guess I mean it smells a bit plasticy like toys in the early 80's) will prob repurchase double wear next though

Ok, so having used the dermablend for over a week have decided I really dont like it, my skin has kinda broken out and it makes it really greasy. Cant wait to repurchase ELDW but also very tempted by the Revlon colourstay reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I got this Collection 2000 mascara and I love it! It makes my eye lashes look super long and thick but still natural and not clumpy at all. And it was only 7,50. Definitely going to buy again!

I also got the Pan-Stik foundation by Max Factor and it's great as well, so glad I got it.

Btw, anyone know where in Galway I could get Lipcote? I looked in Boots but couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Got one of the little bad boys below to review, I already have all the Born Lippy balm pots and I love this, got the plum one which I wore on a night out, gives a gorgeous sheer wash of colour!
    The+Body+Shop+Born+Lippy+Lip+Balm+Stick+New+Product+Alert.jpg

^ Ooh really want to try those! I'm a lip balm fiend haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So I ended my cosmetics buying ban today! Well, not ended... I just took a break to take advantage of Boots 3 for 2 offer. :)

I bought :

lasting-perf-concealer-lrg.jpg
    Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2. I already own this (I own two of them, in fact) but I really love it and tbh, I'm a total make up snob. This blends really nicely though and it's lovely and creamy and for only six-ish euro, I can afford to have two to keep at home (different shades) and one for carrying around with me.

image1xl.jpg
    Bourjois Volumizer mascara. This is my favourite mascara of all time. I'm so happy to have it back.

Maybelline+Color+Tattoo+24hr+Eyeshadow+On+and+On+Bronze+Review+003.jpg
    Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in On and on Bronze. I love bronze eye products and I've heard a lot about this so I said I'd pick it up. I swatched it on my hand and it does seem to last a really long time.

revlonLB5.jpg
    Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart.

Revlon-Colorburst-Lip-Butter_Candy-Apple.jpg
    Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple.

LG_2_MED.jpg
    Barry M lip gloss in No. 2.

I also bought some nail varnishes which I'll post in the nail varnish thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

How much are those Revlon lip butters?

I like the look of Sweet Tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, I threw my receipt out! They're between eleven and twelve euro. Boots does have 3 for 2 on all make up though so it's quite tempting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

They are just under 12 quid! A bit pricey but like Novella said there is a 2 for 3 on in Boots at the minute.

I'm going to pick up three the next time I'm in there I have been patiently waiting till they go on sale but that's going to take AGES!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got these little gems in the post this morning :D Yusss!

Bobbi Brown Blusher - Desert Rose

narsoasisandbobbibrownd.jpg

M·A·C 187 Duo Fibre Brush - Photo from Make Up By Joyce Blog

mac187duofibrebrush.jpg

Bobbi Brown Launches Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser - Photo from Temptalia

bobbibrown_oilfreetintedmoisturizer001.jpg

:D:D:D

Advertisement