Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

Essence-I-love-extreme-volume-Mascara_1024x6831.jpg

Just got the essence I love Extreme Volume Mascara yesterday. I love the big brush and it adds lots of volume without clumping. It dries a little too much but doesn't flake off badly. Overall, it's a good budget mascara for a night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Faceandbody-skinbasefoundation-02-main.jpg

I got this but not overly impressed with it. Hard to work with but for certain skin types would be very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Faceandbody-skinbasefoundation-02-main.jpg

I got this but not overly impressed with it. Hard to work with but for certain skin types would be very nice.

Did you get this in Ireland? Where abouts? Have been looking to get Illamasqua products!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Ya I have a bottle of it and honest to god its brilliant! keeps your make up on really well. I went to the gym, the swimming and shower afterwards to test it and my makeup stayed in place. With only a little smudge from mascara. I've a blog post on it. If you want to check it out I can pm you the link :)

Wow, sounds impressive! Please do, I'd love to hear more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

skin base foundationI got this but not overly impressed with it. Hard to work with but for certain skin types would be very nice.
    Would it suit dry skin do you think? I'm going up to Belfast on Friday so was going to hit the Illamasqua counter! Was thinking of getting this. One of my friends has it and loves it, but I'm not sure what skin type she has.

@pencilsharp - you can get Illamasqua products on Asos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Just got this Shu Uemura Mamechiyo UVUB Under Base Mousse Pink with SPF 30

I_167173310_50_20120319?fmt=jpg&layer=0&size=288,384&wid=288&hei=384&layer=1&src=I_167173310_50_20120319&size=288,384&qlt=65&wid=288&hei=384&op_usm=1,1,0,0

So far so good. I had never used any Shu Uemura products before but this seemed like a good alternative to my last primer - Smashbox Photo Finish.

It's not siliconey at all, very smooth on, gives a gentle glow and seems to smooth out any imperfections. I have very pale typically Irish skin and this seems great on it so far.

I also got Benefit Erase Paste in Fair
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKqNYsC4taB4F9hMwEVzHPqU58TurmxmLd-MEEPeR5f9eWTnzffO2WHQAk

This had come highly recommended to me by many people. It is good for covering blemishes and dark lines but it's quite thick so use it sparingly! It's also a little dark for me but it sort of blends nicely with my foundation which kind of cancels out the darkness :).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^
    I would buy that primer for the bottle alone! :o

Did you get this in Ireland? Where abouts? Have been looking to get Illamasqua products!
    Would it suit dry skin do you think? I'm going up to Belfast on Friday so was going to hit the Illamasqua counter! Was thinking of getting this. One of my friends has it and loves it, but I'm not sure what skin type she has.

Yeah I ordered through the Illamasqua website, it's a nice foundation just tends to dry quite quickly and my skin is naturally dry anyway so I just didn't fall in love with it. Mixed it with BB Cream which gave a better result, it is lovely, just not as nice as my Lancome Teint Miracle so I'm selling it to another girl in my make up course:)

I have the Shu Uemura UV Base in pink and it's a lovely primer, thinking about trying a new one out though, not sure which!

Thanks for that

Do you know anywhere you can get it in Ireland cos I'd like to see it face to face to see the colour contrasts closely as I find that colour charts online aren't very accurate.

Thanks for that

Do you know anywhere you can get it in Ireland cos I'd like to see it face to face to see the colour contrasts closely as I find that colour charts online aren't very accurate.

Can't be bought in Republic any more I'm afraid, what type of shade are you? I'm very pale and 02 was perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

8796481126430.png

I have tried every mascara... clinique, mac, maybelline, lancome, bobby brown.... never have I found one that I thought WOW :eek:

If you buy one thing this weekend, make it this mascara. It doesn't dry out on your eyes and flake, has a great brush, adds volume and length and is just brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

tatumkelly wrote: »
    I have tried every mascara... clinique, mac, maybelline, lancome, bobby brown.... never have I found one that I thought WOW :eek:

If you buy one thing this weekend, make it this mascara. It doesn't dry out on your eyes and flake, has a great brush, adds volume and length and is just brilliant!

I got it a while back but found it veeeery difficult to take off...let me know how you get on? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

tatumkelly wrote: »
    8796481126430.png

Sob!:o Mine lasted 3 months practically to the day before it dried up. I LOVED IT!!!!!! Im now substituting it with Collection 2000s Multiplier which isnt bad but its no "They're Real"!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I got it a while back but found it veeeery difficult to take off...let me know how you get on? :)

Oh yeah it's really hard to take off, I don't mind though... once you have patience not to rub at your eyes too aggressively it shouldn't be a problem if you use a good cleanser.

Positive to that is, that it actually stays put all day :p

anniehoo wrote: »
    Sob!:o Mine lasted 3 months practically to the day before it dried up. I LOVED IT!!!!!! Im now substituting it with Collection 2000s Multiplier which isnt bad but its no "They're Real"!

SNAP! Mine dried up so fast, I'm going to try L'oreal telescopic, it gets excellent reviews online but its expensive for drugstore-think between 13-16euro in Boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Damn I'm in town tomorrow, I was going to try out one of the Catrice volume mascaras which seem to be fab but also want to try this, one is so cheap and one is so expensive I know it's a no brainer but I realllllyyy want the Benefit one!

Mr Teeny wrote: »
    Damn I'm in town tomorrow, I was going to try out one of the Catrice volume mascaras which seem to be fab but also want to try this, one is so cheap and one is so expensive I know it's a no brainer but I realllllyyy want the Benefit one!
    Get the Catrice one, at least you wont know what you're missing by not buying Benefit :D It really is that good, but you'll be so disappointed when it dries in a few mths and cant afford to replace it....like me :p

It's only €24, and it's so worth it..... go on.... you deserve it :)

What's €24 over 3 months to have your eyes look amazing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

For what it's worth, I never had any problems with drying out so quickly with Benefit's They're Real! I think I had about 4-5 months use out of it, but I also didn't use it every day. It is very expensive, though. I've stopped buying expensive mascaras just because I think a lot of drugstore brands can give me the results I want and for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

For what it's worth, I never had any problems with drying out so quickly with Benefit's They're Real! I think I had about 4-5 months use out of it, but I also didn't use it every day. It is very expensive, though. I've stopped buying expensive mascaras just because I think a lot of drugstore brands can give me the results I want and for a fraction of the price.

I found Benefit's They're Real good but not that much better than the likes of Max Factor etc. It's very expensive for a mascara and only marginally better than one you'd buy in Boots for 12/15 euro.

• Advertisement

I've no problem spending more on makeup if it gives a fab result but found with mascaras the best I've ever tried is False Lash Effect by Max Factor, the more expensive ones just haven't been able to beat it!

Reading great things about the Catrice mascaras on blogs though, well worth giving a try at the price!

Anyone been to the Dealz shop in Blanch?Its lethal! I went to "have a look" and came out with 10 things...all €1.49. This the business....

71c4270be85c4a9caeb4468.jpgIts a littel device that clamps the false eyelash for easy application. Its flipping brilliant. Had a practice just there (it takes me forever to get them on normally). Done and dusted in 5 seconds. 10/10..ingenious :D

Dealz in Blanchardstown is brilliant! I bought Veet facial hair removal strips (1.49euro) and they are usually around 8euro in Boots. I also got Sally Hansen and Revlon nail varnish (of course for 1.49!), I know the Sally Hansen varnishes are usually around 9euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

There's a new Dealz opening up beside me next week, am very excited to see what beauty goodies they have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

IMG_1900.jpg

Both benefit;

hello flawless oxygen wow! foundation in Champagne - Incredible, I've never been that happy with foundation but this is just amazing. Put it on about 4pm before work and at 11.30pm when I finished it was still in tact and absolutely perfect. The colour was fantastic.

refined finish facial polish - smoothest surface facial exfoliator: My skin care regime is admittedly horrendous and she recommended this for me and this morning I tried in the shower and felt an immediate affect. Use it once/twice a week after a normal wash and cleanse in the shower apparently. My skin felt so soft afterwards :)

Got that make up bag thrown in for free then :)

Then got these

IMG_1901.jpg

again 3 for 2 in boots, no explanation really.

Agree the Benefit foundation is beautiful, just the lightest shade is a bit too warm for me, such a pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Agree the Benefit foundation is beautiful, just the lightest shade is a bit too warm for me, such a pity!

See I am like a polar bear, but I got the foundation mainly for nighttime wear so it goes with my tan.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    See I am like a polar bear, but I got the foundation mainly for nighttime wear so it goes with my tan.

Then you're sorted!

I have a photoshoot next month for my make up course so hoping one of the models will suit the shade I have, think it will photograph really well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

i got a few things this month, waiting for some still in the post but got these three.

I got Estee Lauder double wear in tawny, bourjois chocolate bronzer in 51 and the rimmel primer

love the foundation but I'm scared its the reason I've such a bad break out :( think ill still risk it four occasional use though!

love the bronzer but still on the look out for an affordable matte light bronzer

not sure about the primer yet sometimes it seems to help, ill report back!

• Advertisement

Got Rimmel's primer as the Revlon one was all sold out and also picked up Catrice mascara after reading good things!

I get dry patches around my nose and this primer seems to really keep my skin hydrated, means it's slightly more shiny but it's a lovely primer!

Catrice mascara is also great and only a fiver, a complete bargain!

201107-orig-rimmel-primer-284x426.jpg

Catrice+the+giant+-010+black.jpg

Advertisement