Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Got Aqueous Cream recently as my skin has been so dry lately and the pharmacist recommended it and I can safely say it is unbelievable good. I use it as a soap as well and my skin has never felt better. I even use it as a moisturiser for my face and I used to be awful for spending upwards on 60 or 70 quid on moisturisers! For around €4, you can't go too far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got Aqueous Cream recently as my skin has been so dry lately and the pharmacist recommended it and I can safely say it is unbelievable good. I use it as a soap as well and my skin has never felt better. I even use it as a moisturiser for my face and I used to be awful for spending upwards on 60 or 70 quid on moisturisers! For around €4, you can't go too far wrong.

It's great stuff! I also use it as a soap on my face for a gentle daily wash. it doesn't tighten or dry like ordinary soap. I get a 500g tub for €5-6 in Boots.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Aqueous Cream! Fantastic stuff! I use it all over as it's unscented, and then just use a little bit of the cream that matches my perfume. Stingy or economical, whatever :p It really helped the dry skin on my forehead as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Versatile Fashionista

I bought Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' foundation recently in soft beige, and I have to say that I was very disappointed. I LOVE Rimmel make up usually, but despite the colour suiting my skin tone perfectly, it seemed to be quite pasty looking.

I always like to go for quite light coverage as I generally have good skin, but it did not look as natural as all the advertising suggests. It just wasn't for me.

image1xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

+1 for Aqueous Cream.

I use it to moisturize and to cleanse my face. It cleared up some dry patches and dermatitis I had. My husband uses it too, on his face and hands.

I got a big tub in the North last year for £2 AFAIR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Would Aqueous Cream be any good for dry/combination skin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I have very dry skin but I find aquareous too thick I think it leaves a residue that blocks your pores, its cheap though and not bad to have in the bathroom so you may as well try it, you can use it on your body too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Would Aqueous Cream be any good for dry/combination skin?

You could try it as face wash rather than a moisturiser? I agree it can be heavy on the face, I wouldn't find it suitable for under make up, for example. I usually put it on at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I picked up the loreal bb cream in boots over the weekend. The colour of the medium is not as dark as the ganier medium but I still like it as its nice and subtle perfect for every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I bought ELDW on the 29th of March (went back and checked what date I posted about it:o) and I've had to stop using it. I'm so disappointed. After about a week I started breaking out, but I decided I'd keep going with it for another while to see would my skin calm down a bit, in case it was a coincidence.

And it did calm down for a couple of days and go back to normal, but all of a shot it got really bad again. My chin, forehead and right cheek (not left for some reason!) are all completely destroyed in blackheads and painful spots. My cheek has especially big ones, the likes I haven't suffered with in over a year! And all around my mouth and nose has gotten really dry and flaky, and is itchy and irritated.

I'm majorly sad over this:( I loved the way it looked, the way it applied and the coverage. And it was so long-wearing and I never got oily from it. It was a gorgeous foundation in every other way. And I'm E35 poorer for it! I've used barely any out of the bottle as I was using those little cotton buds to get the product out. Wah!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

God _meehan_ that must be so annoying!! Do you use a primer? That may help as it might act as a barrier between your skin and the foundation.

Vichy Dermablend is meant to be a good full-coverage foundation too, and wouldn't be as expensive - you could give it a go maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

God _meehan_ that must be so annoying!! Do you use a primer? That may help as it might act as a barrier between your skin and the foundation.

Vichy Dermablend is meant to be a good full-coverage foundation too, and wouldn't be as expensive - you could give it a go maybe?

Yeah annoying is right!! I always use a primer to fill in pores and that, and to increase the longevity of my foundation. Just seems ELDW wasn't made for me! I'd still highly recommend it though, since reactions like mine seem to be few and far between!:P:rolleyes:

I bought the Vichy one today, and I also bought the La Roche Posay Corrective Fluid too. I think I prefer the LRP, the undertones are more neutral and I'd been using Ecru in EL. The Vichy one is too yellow on me, and after a couple hours I'd a shine on my face :/ so I couldn't imagine getting through a day in college or work without it staying matte!

I think I might return to my trusty Revlon Colorstay though, and use the LRP as a concealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I got the vortex brush set from sedona lace, so pretty

http://www.sedonalace.com/Cosmetic-Brushes/53/Vortex-Professional-Makeup-Brushes-without-Belt.aspx

I got it with a discount so it cost only 53e including postage! BARGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=38575070
    Tried out the upcoming new Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara intense, was grand but to be honest Catrice The Giant won between them!

Girls just to let you know (if it's ok mods) I'm having a blog sale at the mo' with loads of beauty bits if any of you are interested!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Shisiedo foundation brush - arrived today. I am very impressed - foundation goes on very evenly, with a natural finish.

00056729-270.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

^^^^

Where did you purchase the brush? Looks good.

Gave up trying to get it from a counter here - they've been 'expecting' a delivery for weeks so after much googling House of Frasier UK. http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Shiseido+Foundation+Brush/158431256,default,pd.html

Amazon.com has it too - but they wanted $48 for delivery :eek:

Ordered it Sunday - arrived by courier today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

juke wrote: »
    Shisiedo foundation brush - arrived today. I am very impressed - foundation goes on very evenly, with a natural finish.

00056729-270.jpg

Ahh! I've been lemming over this brush for months!! It's $30USD in Sephora (online only) and I've only heard good things about it... I'm just afraid to bite the bullet without seeing it in person! I've seen video demonstrations on YT that there is a specific way to use it as well.

Ahh! I've been lemming over this brush for months!! It's $30USD in Sephora (online only) and I've only heard good things about it... I'm just afraid to bite the bullet without seeing it in person! I've seen video demonstrations on YT that there is a specific way to use it as well.

I had a good look at one at a Shisiedo counter (Cleary's) and got them to demonstrate it. I've only used it today - but the finish was far better than my current brush (Bobbi Brown)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kat12

Didn't think Sephora delivered to Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Kat12 wrote: »

Sephora France do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Kat12 wrote: »

Yep, mysteries1984 is right, Sephora France do but I think the shipping is quite high. But I'd think if you ordered a lot at once or shared an order with a friend or two and split the shipping it might be ok?

This looks beautiful, very similar to my Sigma flat top Kabuki brush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Got this as a present! So pretty daisy-eau_full.jpg

Sunset-Cafe-closeup-Medium.jpg

Got a gorgeous Dior Palette in Sunset Cafe, swatched above!

The colours are actually very sheer on which makes them perfect for day or night, great for summer!

I Picked up nyx doll eyes mascara in extreme black yesterday - its amazing!! I've long lashes and this added volume and literally made them curl up it was less than a Tenner too :)

I Picked up nyx doll eyes mascara in extreme black yesterday - its amazing!! I've long lashes and this added volume and literally made them curl up it was less than a Tenner too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I bought 17 Va Va Voom Mascara in extremely black during the week and love it!! It really lengthens and separates your lashes. It's only €6 in boots atm, very very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Got a gorgeous Dior Palette in Sunset Cafe, swatched above!

The colours are actually very sheer on which makes them perfect for day or night, great for summer!

Omg where did you get this? Love the colours but are they mega shimmery?

• Advertisement

slowmoe wrote: »
    Omg where did you get this? Love the colours but are they mega shimmery?

They're shimmery but not overly so, I got it in Liffey Valley boots but say this would be available at any Dior counter, just take a peek in and swatch on your hand, they're quite sheer!

Advertisement