Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

It arrived!!:D:D:D

AsXz4nOCEAEVMie.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lily212

I recently purchased the vichy teint aera foundation. I originally wanted the dermablend but the lightest shade (15) was too dark for me. Curse my milk white skin! Only swatched it yet, I haven't yet worn it but ive heard great things :)

Also must purchase some sigma brushes from cloud beauty soon! So tempted by the picture above me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    It arrived!!:D:D:D

Hey, lots of questions to follow ...

What brushes did you get?
    Are you in Ireland?
    Did you get these direct from Sigma?
    How long was the delivery?

Want want want!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i got the pro brush roll and its fab! a week is all it took from Sigma

Orlee wrote: »
    Hey, lots of questions to follow ...

What brushes did you get?
    Are you in Ireland?
    Did you get these direct from Sigma?
    How long was the delivery?

Want want want!!!

Ordered all from Cloud 10 who are amazing and offer points with every purchase and review you write that you can use against future purchases, like Boots points! They're an Irish company based in Monaghan I think so arrived up to me in Dublin within a few days! http://www.cloud10beauty.com/

Ok I got the Mrs Bunny Collection which has 12 vegan full size brushes (also comes in travel size with less brushes) and was €110

It's incredible, beautiful, soft, really well crafted!

I also got the F82 Kabuki (synthetic too) which is used to buff in your foundation, I already had the flat top F80 and this one is rounded, both are incredible and if I was to recommend a brush to anyone it would be these!

I also got the synthetic P84 which is a precision small angled contour brush (you get a larger one of these in Mrs Bunny kit but wanted this to help with contouring cheekbones) and it's the perfect size

With Cloud 10 with my big ol' purchase I got two free mini brushes, an eyeliner and a blender!

All these brushes are incredible if anyone was investing I'd recommend Sigma, especially if you want cruelty free brushes!

• Advertisement

Got this for my photoshoot but have already been using it (not direct from the wand obviously!)

It's gorgeous and cheap!! Reviewed it if anyone wants more info but it's safe to say all you need to know is it's bloomin' great!

dscn6982.jpg?w=350&h=248&crop=1

MJOR wrote: »
    i got the pro brush roll and its fab! a week is all it took from Sigma

What shipping did you choose .... so tempted to just get the $14 first class mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

What shipping did you choose .... so tempted to just get the $14 first class mail!

just the normal one girl!!!

They are unreal I am going to order a few more! They beat the hell out of MAC brushes

The only one is they don't beat is my shiseido foundation brush!!!

Off I go to Sigma.com :)

I love ordering off Cloud10 but the set I want is out of stock and has been for ages! I can't see a thing without my glasses so need the travel size brushes so I can get close to the mirror :P

Thanks a mill MJOR and SmokeyEyes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

just a tip on sigma brushes, the bus travel sets are a very generous size, I ordered the professional one and sister ordered the travel size, and you get a lot better value with the travel

also sedona lace brushes are pretty much the same brushes and a good deal credit l cheaper even the shipping

• Advertisement

Just got the Sigma Mr Bunny Travel set from Cloud10 beauty .. disappointed there was no freebie brush :(

Just got the Sigma Mr Bunny Travel set from Cloud10 beauty .. disappointed there was no freebie brush :(

I ordered the full size and two other brushes and got two small freebie brushes, maybe it depends how much you spend or something! Either way it's a fab set you'll love it!:)

Asi0eYJCMAAB4SY.jpg:large

Excuse the mammoth size, got these No7 eyeshadows yesterday, wheatsheaf is meant to be a dupe for MAC Naked Lunch, they're both beautiful and creamy and easy to blend! Buy one get one half price in Boots so was delighted!

I ordered the full size and two other brushes and got two small freebie brushes, maybe it depends how much you spend or something! Either way it's a fab set you'll love it!:)

Gutted, have to send it back. The Eye Shading - E55 brush has dud bristles. They are really hard and almost look like some bristles have been melted together and are really scratchy on the lid :(

Gutted, have to send it back. The Eye Shading - E55 brush has dud bristles. They are really hard and almost look like some bristles have been melted together and are really scratchy on the lid :(

Oh no that's awful:(:(

Make sure you do, must just be a dud brush. Hope you get it sorted soon so you can enjoy the set properly, my E55 is like butter so you'll love it when you get a proper one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

8797677846558.png

In Champagne. Sadly, I'm incredibly disappointed with it :( I've had better coverage and more wear out of the likes of Rimmel! It doesn't last what so ever with and without primer. Absolute waste of money :(

Edit: When I initially bought it the girl in Debenhams put it on for me and it lasted all evening, however when I do it myself it doesn't? Could be that she put other products on as well but a few weeks down the line and I can safely say not a good purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Got Rimmel's primer as the Revlon one was all sold out and also picked up Catrice mascara after reading good things!

I get dry patches around my nose and this primer seems to really keep my skin hydrated, means it's slightly more shiny but it's a lovely primer!

201107-orig-rimmel-primer-284x426.jpg

I got this the last day just to try it and I have to say, I wasn't that impressed with it. I used it with (which I love): Maybelline-Dream-Creamy-Foundation-11.jpg

and it just made it blotchy, I ended up with a very uneven cover so I had to take it all off and just use the foundation as normal.
    Maybe it's me doing something wrong but so far, I'm not too happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Vinta81 wrote: »
    8797677846558.png

In Champagne. Sadly, I'm incredibly disappointed with it :( I've had better coverage and more wear out of the likes of Rimmel! It doesn't last what so ever with and without primer. Absolute waste of money :(

Edit: When I initially bought it the girl in Debenhams put it on for me and it lasted all evening, however when I do it myself it doesn't? Could be that she put other products on as well but a few weeks down the line and I can safely say not a good purchase.

A girl I work with bought this and wore it on a work night out and I agree totally with what you've said. We went for dinner quite early in the evening and by half way through the dinner she didn't even look like she was wearing foundation.

Also, my friend has the exact same experience in Debenhams, she loved it when the girl put it on her, looked brilliant (I saw her afterwards and it looked nothing like the way it did the night we all went out) but it looked completely different when she put it on herself. Unless the make-up girl in Debenhams was mixing stuff up in secret, my friend didn't see her openly use any other products.

To be honest I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Benefit foundation, not after them initially selling foundation in two shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

A girl I work with bought this and wore it on a work night out and I agree totally with what you've said. We went for dinner quite early in the evening and by half way through the dinner she didn't even look like she was wearing foundation.

Also, my friend has the exact same experience in Debenhams, she loved it when the girl put it on her, looked brilliant (I saw her afterwards and it looked nothing like the way it did the night we all went out) but it looked completely different when she put it on herself. Unless the make-up girl in Debenhams was mixing stuff up in secret, my friend didn't see her openly use any other products.

To be honest I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Benefit foundation, not after them initially selling foundation in two shades.

Benefit's make up has a habit of looking good in the shop and not nearly as good when you get home! In my experience anyway. I used to love their products but really you can get similar products for much less. I do like their Hello Flawless powder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Catrice Concealer compact -- its an all in one compact that comes with green, pink and three shades of skin tone. It was 4 euro, so I figured even if it was crap it would do for a crisis. Have to say I'm really pleased with it. After I put my foundation on, my skin looked pretty good! Think I'll definitely be repurchasing...its so convenient to have the green colour neutraliser and the different shade for under eye all in one place!

Catrice light skin bronzer -- I've never used bronzer before. Bought the catrice one for a night out and was really impressed. It was realllly light and easy to build up so ended up looking great first time!

Garnier pure moisturiser -- My skin has been awful lately, to the point where I NEED to wear make up everyday. Bought this little tube and my skin look different instantly. (Never ever use simple! useless moisturiser!) A week on, and my skin is glowing, pores noticeably smaller. I haven't worn foundation in aboiut 4 days!

• Advertisement

sup_dude wrote: »
    I got this the last day just to try it and I have to say, I wasn't that impressed with it. I used it with (which I love): Maybelline-Dream-Creamy-Foundation-11.jpg

and it just made it blotchy, I ended up with a very uneven cover so I had to take it all off and just use the foundation as normal.
    Maybe it's me doing something wrong but so far, I'm not too happy with it

Ah that's a pity, I used it on 5 models for a photoshoot today for my course and it was great on them all!

Their skin was sensitive from the amount of makeup being taken on and off and also dry in patches and this went on beautifully, really sorry you didn't have a good experience with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

2cqib85.jpg

Etude House Precious Mineral BB compact in light beige. 15000 won (about 10e)

My friend wanted to pick up some things in Etude house and I got the little tiny bottles as a free "service"

"Golden Ratio" seems to be an illuminating base
    Collagen "moistfull" moisturiser
    "Real Art" cleansing oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Fifi Trixie Belle

Vinta81 wrote: »
    8797677846558.png

I bought this on Thursday, haven't put it on myself yet. Now slightly worried!! :(

Anyway, when my makeup was done in Boots, the consultant put 'Porefessional' primer on first and Hello Flawless pressed powder after. My makeup lasted the whole evening. Any chance there was a layer over and under your foundation the day it was done in the shop too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Had a great beauty day today! I got my eyebrows threaded in Ultimate hair salon in the GPO Arcade, Dublin 1. She did an excellent job and for only €10. Really pleased with them.

I got two products from the Mac Hey Sailor collection:

Crystal Avalanche eye shadow, for high lighting my lovely new brows

Hey%252CSailor%2521-EyeShadow-CrystalAvalanche-72.jpg

Blue Stripe PowerPoint eyeliner, in the middle. It was sold out but she cleaned up the tester and gave it to me for free!

7064827615_e7feb34a2c_b.jpg

Real Techniques powder brush from Boots, paid for with Advantage points :D Can't wait to try it, feels very soft, and is also dense.

realtechniquespowd1.jpg

I also got a set of lashes from Collection 2000, also paid for with points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I picked up Aussie 3 Minute Miracle yesterday and used it today. Oh lordy my hair feels so silky smooth and smells gorgeous, like coconuts! I can't stop touching my hair lol! One question for anyone who may know - how often should I use this? Since it's a deep conditioning treatment, is this a once a week deal or every other week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

44504_108_1.jpg

I bought this 'cause I came back from holiday last week nice and tanned and I wanted to try maintain it. This does not agree with my skin at all. I broke out in a rash on my arms, legs and tummy after using it just a couple of times. Wouldn't have bought it again anyway because although I've read some great reviews about it, I found it was patchy. Could have been my application, of course, but I was pretty careful to be even. Not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I bought this on Thursday, haven't put it on myself yet. Now slightly worried!! :(

Anyway, when my makeup was done in Boots, the consultant put 'Porefessional' primer on first and Hello Flawless pressed powder after. My makeup lasted the whole evening. Any chance there was a layer over and under your foundation the day it was done in the shop too?

She did put other products on but didn't stay which when she initially tried it, even when I used my own primer at home it did nothing for me. Just not for me I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Today I learned Dealz is awesome

Bought these in dealz €1.49 each!
    Revlon Tropical Temptation - not my nails!
    Revlon_Tropical_Temptation_.jpg

A Chit Chat Highlighting Concealer pen something I've not tried before (the highlighting part), i know collection 2000 do them too, it's a lot better at highlighting than concealing but feels super soft on the skin, totally looks like this worth a go as it's sooooo cheap!

And Collection 2000 Shimmer and Shade in pink me up. Haven't tried this yet but a quick swatch on opening it seems a little chalky, lots of fallout and frosty wont be over applying this!.
    shimmer+and+shade+blush+++PINK+ME+UP+4.19.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Dealz is so cool, but I would stay clear of the nail polish remover pads, you know the type that come pre-loaded with remover? Well, they're ****e, didn't shift an inch of polish!

Picked up make up wipes, cotton pads, shampoo and Sally Hansen polish too though, and all have been great. Unfortunately for her, my mam works next to one :p She's always in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Looking forward to going to a Dealz having seen some of the bargains from there. I think the nearest to me is in Athlone though :/

Advertisement