Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

AtknCjPCEAAyvTC.jpg

Bought this Illamasqua powder, it looks like a blush but is actually a brightening face powder! It gives a lovely healthy look to skin, but I'd use my normal powder first and then this over it as too much makes you look a little pinky:)

Defo look healthier with it on though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Got blemish balm, seems good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

dscn7272.jpg?w=1024&h=768

Best powder ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Got the catrice powered, v similar to the elf hd powder. Quite good.

Got a couple of bourjois anti choc no chips polish. 3 days and no chips. Impressed.

I love th catrice foundation. Always get complimented and it's just over six euro.

Revlon photo ready mouse foundation. Looks fantastic when done but then I noticed my face had glitter all over it and my brushes too (my new sigma flat top :(

Maybe line gel liner in black and brown. Love them. Don't buy mac fluid line now and I don't mind the brush

Topshop creme blush. A dream to apply, just with they had more colours. I have a neon pink one, similar to benefit the pink tint. Great colour but want other options

Was in sallys recently and they had a great set if five china glaze polishes for twelve euro. Bridal type colours. Couldn't resist

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got No 17 eye shadow in Regal, €4.97, the bottom blue shade, instead of MAC's Nautical Navy, hope it does the job! I want it to line my eyes but it may be too shimmery/glittery.

17.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Twee. wrote: »
    Got No 17 eye shadow in Regal, €4.97, the bottom blue shade, instead of MAC's Nautical Navy, hope it does the job! I want it to line my eyes but it may be too shimmery/glittery.

I have that, gorgeous colour in the pot but I found it a bit wishy washy on my lid. :(

I have that, gorgeous colour in the pot but I found it a bit wishy washy on my lid. :(

Eep I'm gonna try it out later. I just swatched it on my hand before I bought it to see the colour.

I want to attempt something like this, have the blue liner from the collection. I'll see how it goes...

1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Twee. wrote: »
    Eep I'm gonna try it out later. I just swatched it on my hand before I bought it to see the colour.

I want to attempt something like this, have the blue liner from the collection. I'll see how it goes...

That will probably work, it's just not as deep navy as it looks in the pot. I got mine to wear with UD Ink for Eyes in Binge (below) but I found that to be rubbish too! :o

urban-decay-fall-2009.jpg

Oh dear, the blues aren't our pals! Love that look you posted though, fab!

Mac Fluidline in Waveline might be an idea if you want to do a look like that one.

mac_waveline001.jpg

MAC-Waveline_swatch.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

inglots 483 DS Navy , is very similar to that 17 eyeshadow, if that dosnt work out id defo get inglot one , u can buy them on their own for 7e

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

278599_large.jpg

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I love this. It feels really light on the skin, almost like not wearing make up at all and it also smells lovely. The coverage is quite sheer which I'd be a fan of but it is buildable. This is my second bottle and I only re-purchase things I really like.

catrice-eyebrow-set.jpg

Catrice Eyebrow Set. I picked this up on a whim but I do like it. The shades don't really look like the pics here, they are more ashy. I use the darker one and I think it looks nice. It comes with a tiny tweezers which I think is great for travel. I do need to invest in a better brush to use with it though. (Lost all my make up brushes at the weekend. :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Just got L'Oreal Universal Lip Glow today. It gives a flattering dusky pink colour (on me) and is quite moisturising too. It is a bit of a gimmick but not too expensive at 12euro!

universal-lip-glow-unique-shade.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm always on the look out for a cheap decent BB/tinted moisturiser. Picked up Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream in light. I love it! Very, very moisturising (I have very dry skin and even with exfoliating, lots of moisturiser and moisturising primer before foundation I still get dry patches), goes on very easily and very blendable. It did get rid of slight redness and evened out skin tone and it makes me look healthy, glowy and dewy. However it is not too shiny either which is great. The colour is pale enough without looking too ghostly and powder over it looks good also but for daytime I wouldn't bother putting anything over it.

It is NOT a BB cream. The consistency is too light and will not cover blemishes. In that sense it is false advertising. So if you want it for that it won't make the cut I'm afraid. For clear skin it is a godsend. I will be buying again and again..:D I'll give it a 7.5/10, it would get a 10 except that it's billed as something it isn't even though I find it perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 coffeeandshoes

I just got the Benefit Hello Flawless, Oxygen Wow foundation and I really like it. It blends really well and doesn’t go all cakey on me (I have oily skin) so I LOVE it for summer. Would be nice if it was slightly cheaper though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Just wanted to add a quick review of some of the boots bonatics stuff I've been using recently. They were 3 for 2 in boots recently. Although I'd prefer no7, they were too pricey for me at the minute so need to wait for the 7.50 off vouchers :)

botanics skin brightening cleanser I've gone off cream cleansers a bit but got this cos I couldn't see a good face wash in the range for my skin type. It's creamy and quite moisturising but doesn't do a great job of cleansing. When I use my toner, I still see bits of grime that weren't picked up by the cleanser. Definitely no good for makeup removal. Wouldn't bother with this again.

Oil free moisturiser This has a gel consistency and I thought it'd be rubbish but it's pretty good actually. It's quite mattifying so it's a good base for makeup. I don't have dry patches and my skin feels soft. I'd definitely get this again.

Purifying face scrub
    Does what it says it will. It's fine. Nothing spectacular. Good to get as the free thing in 3 for 2. I'd have prefered to get the clay mask but they didn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I picked up the Rimmel Scandel eyes mascara the other day after hearing a bunch of good reviews about it.

Honestly? Most useless mascara I've ever used. Massively disappointed and releived I got it so cheap! (6 euro in tesco).

I don't think I will stray from maybelline again....any of the maybelline mascaras do get things for my lashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

kandro10 Just to let you know the 7.50 vouchers are back in Boots now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dyson14

Hi, New to the boards.

I bought the new Maybeline Mascara, in the Silver tube, got it reduced in Boots, it does exactly what it says. I actually can't wear it to work it is so effective I look like I have false eyelashes on!!

Well worth it if you want big, long full lashes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

had a wee spree yesterday...only went in to buy tampax :D

got barry m eyeshadow in #3 - couldn't find a photo online & the "group photo" i took this morning wouldn't upload for me for some reason! its a pale goldy bronzey shade, nice for work on its own or for blending with dark colours at night.

natural collection lip stick in sheer natural - lovely peachy pink without being too pale/frosty

models own "in the navy" nail polish gorgeous deep colour

rimmel lipliner in eastend snob - love this natural pink colour

then passing the pharmacy beside bank of ireland on oconnell st i saw they had the revolataire range in from catrice - have been waiting ages for this!

so got the colour bomb lipstick & blush and toxic combination eyeshadow...yum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I got this in Heatons today for €3 euros, as I can't afford (and also refuse) to spend €16 on the Sanctuary Cocooning Body Butter, as much as I love and as awesome as it is, it isn't worth €16.

Hope this one is good, it certainly smells nice :)

Dream Cream Body Butter

7344922.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Loads of reviews today and have to start with my fav so far. The new sleep in rollers!!!!
    sleepinrollers.jpg

I tried them for the first time last week and the next morning i was so disappointed. But...BUT, rather than writing them off straightaway i tried them again last night and i LOVE them. The first time my hair was too damp and i used too much hairspray so it was a disaster. This time my hair was very dry and i just misted hairspray over. Woke up this morning...yep...i slept in them no problem to hair like this:
    hairmc.jpg.....after 9hrs in work it looks like this photozbl.jpg

It took me 5 mins to take them out, add a small bit of LOreal Extraordinary oil (really like too) and that was it. 10/10 and so well worth the €20 for them. Best invention ever. It looks like i got a curly blowdry first thing this morning :D

With reagrds to teh Extraordinary oil
    orealelviveextraordinar.jpg
    i bought this earlier in the week as it was half price in Superquinn,around €7.50 A little goes a long way with this, its very lightweight and not too greasy. I really like it and was perfect for my hair this morning.

Bought this mascara as im a sucker for them:
    maybellineillegallength.jpg

Illegal length? Eh, lets just say you wont be getting arrested for using this mascara :D Now, its not bad, just average. A grand mascara for daytime but nothing "illegal length" about it. 6/10 Very pricey for what it is €12.95 in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

^Your hair looks gorgeous! I need to know where to buy these rollers!! I love curls like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

kandr10 wrote: »
    ^Your hair looks gorgeous! I need to know where to buy these rollers!! I love curls like that.
    I bought them at the Womans World expo 2 weeks ago, but you can buy them online for pretty much the same price. Lots of salons are starting to stock them now so shouldnt be too hard to find. I'm so delighted with them and gone is the boring morning ghd routine that takes ages when i want to wear my hair down for work. I used heated rollers the odd time for work, but driving on the M50 with them in got me some funny looks :D

Got this handcream in Marks and Spencer today €1.25 for a 50ml, it smells delicious though :)

419F%2B1jzpkL._SX280_SY304_SH35_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

The beauty emporium online stock them. They just sold out but if you tweet her or shoot her an email she'll let you know if they are getting them back in :)

I got this in Heatons today for €3 euros, as I can't afford (and also refuse) to spend €16 on the Sanctuary Cocooning Body Butter, as much as I love and as awesome as it is, it isn't worth €16.

Hope this one is good, it certainly smells nice :)

Dream Cream Body Butter

http://www.heatonsstores.com/APP_THEMES/Heatons/images/productImages/Large/7344922.jpg
    I've used this a few times and have to say, while I really like it, I doubt I'll purchase it again.

It's like sudocream, you only need a tiny bit, otherwise it'll be sitting on the top/outside of your skin and will take ages to dry in properly.

Even with a tiny bit it still takes ages to rub in properly so you don't have white streaks of cream all over you.

It's a good cream and I like it and for €3 it was a bargain, but because it takes so long to put on and then dry in, I won't buy it again. It takes me about 30mins to do my whole body and I just can't hack spending 30mins putting cream on :(

With the Sanctuary cream I can have it on and rubbed in properly within 10mins, I just haven't the patience to spend longer doing it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I have picked up a few things lately, this is finally back in stock, I got it with my no7 voucher, I had been looking out for it for ages

no7.jpg

I'm no sure about it yet.

I got this face cream too, I have dry skin but I prefer light moisturizers throughout the day, it was half price in Tesco, I really like it
    pot.ashx?mh=350&mw=260&reflection=1&reflectionHeight=50

I got this hair dye too, turned out a little too dark but hopefully it will wash out in a week or two
    LOREAL-MANGO-INTENSE-COPPER-FERIA5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Been using this since Friday - I'm in total love!

NiP%2526FabCleansingOil.jpg

Also this for my post shave legs (which is not usually pretty) until I used this and had no redness, irritation or itch!

Nip-Fab-Dry-Leg-Fix-15551.jpg
    and this range - which smells the most amazing, plus the matching candle for having on post shower, and for moisturising time (bar legs of course!)

137.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

If you are near Blanchardstown, they sell these in the hairdressers The Gossip Column in the village

Advertisement