Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

I found a great line of makeup called Milani.
    The colours work great with my skin tone and the products have a silky texture.
    300.JPG
    ...even their line of nail polish is nice - some have a satiny finish - just lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hope O_o wrote: »
    I found a great line of makeup called Milani.
    The colours work great with my skin tone and the products have a silky texture.

...even their line of nail polish is nice - some have a satiny finish - just lovely.

Where abouts did you find it? Would like to try some of their stuff myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Been using this since Friday - I'm in total love!

NiP%2526FabCleansingOil.jpg

Also this for my post shave legs (which is not usually pretty) until I used this and had no redness, irritation or itch!

Nip-Fab-Dry-Leg-Fix-15551.jpg
    and this range - which smells the most amazing, plus the matching candle for having on post shower, and for moisturising time (bar legs of course!)

137.JPG

Where did you get teh Nip and Fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Picked up the sleeping rollers too. Was unimpressed.

Had high hopes. V easy to put in. I looked like a twat. Think they might turn my partner off me. Slightly uncomfortable to sleep in but not unbearable.

When I took them out I def had some body. By 11am, all gone!

I wanted them because I use tongs too much. Wanted to give the heat a miss. Think I'll stick to tongs but I'm going to buy some heated rollers tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on

Just thought too much effort (keeping them in overnight and uncomfortable) fOr not much reward. I have long hair past bra strap of medium thickness, if that's any help)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Hey first time posting in here, but I got a few things lately that im so happy with I just had to share the buzz! :o
    First thing is my new possibly favourite cleanser! The Angels on Bare Skin, it does exactly what it says it does. Really felt my skin was brighter, less red and glowing after it, sooo happy! :D
    IMG_03091.JPG
    My hair is very fine and naturally straight and for the last few weeks I felt ike it wasnt being cleaned as well as it could be(Or something to that affect) but after using The Pantene Aqua Light shampoo my hair felt so much lighter and softer after! Again delighted with it.
    panteneaqualightoldpack.jpg
    Next up I got a sample sachet of Lioele beyond the solution bb cream which when applying I didnt like at all. I had never tried a bb cream before but I didnt expect it to be so thick and I tried to apply it as if it were moisturiser and it looked really smeared and caked on.. But then I applied it with my stippling brush and after that it looked much better. It looked a bit brown or yellow for the first 40 seconds but it toned down totally then and it really does feel soft on your face, brilliant coverage in it too.
    cbe9caa5_7f10dc8a_c194_487b_a034_9a5fa53cb866.jpg
    I also got samples of the Pink Skin 79 bb cream but I havnt tried that yet, hopefully I like it, although ill have trouble deciding which one I want to purchase as a full sized product..
    Next I tried an old concealer I had. I had been using the Collection 2000 but it ran out and the only other I had was 2true 3 in 1 concealer which I nearly I nearly prefer tbh. I find its better for hiding spots and redness, im in 2 minds if its better for dark circles though. But for €2.50 its certainly a good buy
    S6009092+(Small).JPG
    Finally I picked up a few nail polishes(Which I went go into detail coz I now they have a specific thread here) very happy with the Barrym ones have they apply and last and also got a W7 polish which ive yet to try. It looks a bit watery in the bottle :/ Hopefully it'll be good though, I love the colour!

Sorry for the super long post! Also apologies if the pictures are too big... Ill take my own photos to ensure theyre smaller the next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

the lovely muffin I love you I didnt know you could buy nip and fab on asos.com :D I love their stuff the dry leg fix is amazing stuff and the eye fix is something I cant do without its the only thing to hide my dark circles

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Just placed my first order on the Liz Earle website... Hope I don't love the stuff or it'll be a new addiction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

the lovely muffin I love you I didnt know you could buy nip and fab on asos.com :D I love their stuff the dry leg fix is amazing stuff and the eye fix is something I cant do without its the only thing to hide my dark circles
    I have never tried their stuff, although have been tempted before.

I once saw a set of thee full sized products for €20 on some website, can't remember what one it was, I didn't order the set and was annoyed with myself afterwards tbh.
    Just placed my first order on the Liz Earle website... Hope I don't love the stuff or it'll be a new addiction!
    Hope you don't dislike it either as it'll be a waste of money :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Hope you don't dislike it either as it'll be a waste of money :pac:

I bought three trial sizes so even if I don't love them I'll use them for holidays... Or pass them to my mother who invariably LOVES anything expensive I buy and expects them to be supplied from that day onwards as some kind of ongoing reward for birthing me! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Liz Earle is lovely you won't be disappointed:):D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Lip liner in Dervish, from Mac

124710.jpg

They're Real mascara from Benefit

theyreReal_c.jpg

Pay day treats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ruabriongloid

urbandecay_4bos010.jpg

Yes. I just got my hands on this baby for cheep at hautelook.

Oh god... I'm so happy ;o; It's so....beautiful....~~hng~~

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Twee. wrote: »

They're Real mascara from Benefit

I have this and I LOVE it but make sure you use a really good eye make up remover with it, I find it quite hard to take off!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I have this and I LOVE it but make sure you use a really good eye make up remover with it, I find it quite hard to take off!

Yeah it's great, this is my second tube of it :D I was using Clinique "Take The Day Off" remover and it was really good for mascara, but alas it's all gone :( Not sure if I can afford a new one! Boots Botanics eye make up remover is good as well, and far cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Taelated wrote: »
    Where did you get teh Nip and Fix?

Debenhams also do this range and they have a sale on at the moment

Eek pixie bean I'm so there tomorrow!! Tk max sometimes have the sets on sale too. I adore the products but just can't afford them that often at full price

Ruabroingloid that urban decay set looks fabulous I love their make up

Has anyone else used the boots botanicals moisturising shampoo? I picked some up as i was buying two hair colours and it was on a three for two and its lovely stuff someone in work came over to me to say my hair looked really shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Debenhams also do this range and they have a sale on at the moment
    Thanks! Ordered the no needle fix serum which was half price and comes with a free scrub
    157127602199?$ProdLarge$

Edited to add that the Nip/Fab probably still work out cheaper to buy from Asos than from Debenhams sale especially if you can get a discount code! (http://www.asos.com/Nus/Cat/pgehtml.aspx?cid=11778 Not sure if there are any other current discount codes) Still, for the scrub and the serum I don't feel too ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

In January I bought Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and the creamy concealer kit. I found both quite good, much better than any of the foundations/concealers I'd used before. I have normal skin but very pale, occasionally my cheeks go lovely and red for no reason whatsoever :rolleyes: The foundation is light enough to conter-act the paleness without turning me orange, and can be built up to cover the redness if needed. It's going to need replacement soon, but it's lasted about 6 months so I'm very happy with how long it lasts.

Then last month I added the corrector, which is kind of pinky-toned (similar to benefit's erase paste but not as thick) to put under the creamy concealer. I have terribly dark under-eye circles and Erase Paste had no staying power for me. My mother told me I looked better than she's seen me look in months when I was wearing it all; no higher compliment can be received! Highly recommended :)

Bobbi-Brown-Concealer.jpg

Bobbi+Brown+Corrector.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

jokettle wrote: »

Then last month I added the corrector, which is kind of pinky-toned (similar to benefit's erase paste but not as thick) to put under the creamy concealer. I have terribly dark under-eye circles and Erase Paste had no staying power for me. My mother told me I looked better than she's seen me look in months when I was wearing it all; no higher compliment can be received! Highly recommended :)

Ahh, it's fantastc to get a compliment like that out of the blue when you are wearing a new cosmetic, I always think to myself 'yessss, it was worth every penny'.

Another tip for anyone who is using cream concealer is to use a brush, helps you get right into the inner corner of the eye, making your eyes look much brighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Yeah, the girl behind the counter used a brush when applying it but I've been using my fingers. Any recommendations for the type of brush I should use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

synthetic brushs are best for concealer, real techniques brushes sold in boots are all synthetic
    sigma have a range of brushes for concealer too
    Yeah, the girl behind the counter used a brush when applying it but I've been using my fingers. Any recommendations for the type of brush I should use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

synthetic brushs are best for concealer, real techniques brushes sold in boots are all synthetic
    sigma have a range of brushes for concealer too

+1 on Sigma, brushes are amazing and reasonably priced for the quality!

I got this one from Hairspray, I find the quality to be fantastic, fits perfectly into eye contours http://buyonline.hairspray.ie/3495,Professional-Make--Up-Brushes-41.html

I was at the Bobbi Brown counter doing a comparison between them, but I thought the Bobbi brush just looked to long to fit neatly into the inner corner of my eye and right up to my lash line. I usually love Bobbi Brown products but this was not for me.
    http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/product/2282/7889/Brushes-etc/Brushes-and-Tools/Face/Concealer-Brush/index.tmpl

So yep I'd deffo go for the Hairspray brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goldensyrup

I used always hate forking out loads of money for fake tan, but recently i started using boots and superdrug own brand fake tan. the boots own brand is called Soltan and I started using a gradual moisturiser one. It was actually way better than any of the other brands i've tried. then the superdrug own brand one i use is called Solait, i got an instant one and even though it looked scarily dark in the bottle it went on nice and light. both of the ones I tried from boots and superdrug cost around 7 euro and they both llooked really natural and not streaky at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I got some new shampoo and conditioner, I got a sample in a magazine and loved it, it was 33% off in Bradleys too, had been into loads or Boots looking for it but no luck
    everpure-loreal.jpg

Also got this foundation, not so sure yet, but I wanted something cheap and cheerful for work, I got it the palest shade 010
    CATRICE-Infinite-Matt-up-to-18h-Make-Up-010-Light-Beige-1-640x427.jpg

And picked up this set from Feel Unique, it has 85ml of tan, moisturizer and exfoliater, 10e with a discount for the whole lot, not bad considering 120ml of the tan goes for like 25e or something. I got it mainly for traveling
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=45012134

I got that shampoos sample in a magazine too :) its lovely!

I couldnt find any nip and fab in debenhams they told me they only sell it online. I was going to order online but found some at great prices on ebay so I've ordered the dark circle fix and another eye fix because I cant live without the eye fix am terrified I will run out as ive awful dark circles!

I had a little wander around boots and got the elvive strengthening shampoo, batiste dark dry shampoo and the elvive 60 second rescue on a three for two.

I also got the semi permanent botanics dye - the shine it gives my hair is unreal :D I literally dye my hair with this when it gets lank and greasy or dull because it dries it and makes it thicker and more volumised and shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ruabriongloid

Jennifer_Lopez_Elvive_Triple_Resist_02.jpg
    Got me some of this~
    Holy cow my hair feels nice. I can't use the shampoo due to my scalp being so intensely dry when I use normal shampoo...Have to use some medicated stuff ;o;

But this makes my hair feel so strong and shiney~ I'm prone to alopecia so this is a god send.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I got that shampoos sample in a magazine too :) its lovely!

I couldnt find any nip and fab in debenhams they told me they only sell it online. I was going to order online but found some at great prices on ebay so I've ordered the dark circle fix and another eye fix because I cant live without the eye fix am terrified I will run out as ive awful dark circles!

I had a little wander around boots and got the elvive strengthening shampoo, batiste dark dry shampoo and the elvive 60 second rescue on a three for two.

I also got the semi permanent botanics dye - the shine it gives my hair is unreal :D I literally dye my hair with this when it gets lank and greasy or dull because it dries it and makes it thicker and more volumised and shiny!

Debenhams Henry Street have lots- and on offer aswell... I got 3 bottles of the facial oil there for €15, and my friend kind of went mad and got 5 or 6 things

• Advertisement

I got the newest mascara from No7 http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Fanomenal-Lashes-Mascara_1259582/

Found it awful, very clumpy gave me the dreaded spiky eyelash look, complete with panda eyes from my eyes watering and itching.

Advertisement