Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up the No.7 Hot Cloth Cleanser today, was around €6 with a No.7 €7.50 voucher.

Photo from Make Up Savvy

IMG_5670.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Got this today in debenhams, lovely smell and cheap. Removes make up really well. 64317d7e300d0e0f2e9c2df4964e3627.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Taelated wrote: »
    Got this today in debenhams, lovely smell and cheap. Removes make up really well.

Got 3 of those yesterday in the post from Debenhams. (3 for the price of 1) Found it surprisingly good for taking off makeup and it left my skin feeling so soft. However, it really irritated my eyes :((it was actually very good at taking off eye makeup including mascara though!) Very disapointed as it would be a perfect cleanser other than that. Will continue to use it but will use something else on my eyes.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJoHowi9wNFNNWM2cOhk_UMZBmLZnlJbsMPgthQy86wc5OUZMejA
    Got the Nip+Fab No Needle Fix on Wednesday. Don't know is it reducing any lines on my face (face is actually very swollen from wisdom tooth removal) but my skin feels really good using it. Certainly better than other serums I have used.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZfUHFlsgByElOq1w6aGcUNqbaEXt64derTLBzgt81C6yaNnuh

Have ordered the Nip+Fab Makeup Fix from Asos (currently reduced to £10) as I was impressed with the two above products. I am always on the lookout for the perfect primer. Gets great reviews so am looking forward to getting it.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuNkxz67ToMCv6cNwCVsMKYaaiwTMePKo1jtmaGQ9igMc4MsqXGQ
    Ordered the body oil (also 3 for the price of one) from Asos, but haven't used it yet. I love my body oils so looking forward to trying this.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_M-lq-cFiUESMWn9HgzR04iysxA6j0WTsYdSRO8FCKIitE_KG
    Any more recommendations in the Nip+Fab range? Loving what I have tried so far and its not too expensive.

Also waiting on my order from HQ hair of the following
    Murad skin perfecting primer with Free Murad Resurgance Sheer Lustre day cream. £22 for the 2 of them. The primer gets mixed reviews but the moisturiser gets mostly good ones! Worried that the primer may be a little dark though:(
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLy9pJ5HzefbN8OLghZtTfyR21-U8Pnb8_sV0KV1Kh73mZZ7T2xwimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXUZGJWni6aEy_xvQaqBnXz-_vhum3ilKTlAB3CEDw-Fb_y_q-KQ
    2 500ml bottles of Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt styling glaze. Sick of using cheap crap to control the frizz on my fair so have invested in this which I used in the past and found great. Was £20 for the 2 bottles which is pretty good
    31lrHmi186L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh oh! Was very bold in blanchardstown this afternoon. I only went in to get eyelashes :o

photontb.jpg

I was so excited to see the Real Techniques set, i literally grabbed them and went straight to the till without even thinking about it. Ive wanted them for ages and one brush is €10/12 so full set for €25.70. Havent tried them yet but the quality feels nice so far. Bought the hot cloth cleanser with the €7.50 voucher as have read good things on here about it.

Lipgloss is from Penneys Liquid Lipshine NYCIN 0320. I really like these and for €2.49 ye cant go wrong. I refuse to buy dear lipglosses anymore, they dont last. 9/10 for this one as it has high gloss but not too sticky.

Eyeliner is Catrice Smokey Eyes in 010 The Black Earl. Wearing it tonight with the Girls Aloud lashes (love Sarahs ones) and will post a pic tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 dazzledust88

Has anyone tried the body shop extra virgin mineral foundation?

• Advertisement

God i love makeup :D

So the eyelashes and catrice eyeliner went on great! Really like the eyeliner, its very creamy. Not sure of its staying power but most pencils i have to top up so will see.

Before
    photojva.jpg

After all set to go! :D
    55701410150884328656568.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I'm not sure how to put pictures in...but....here ya go...

Was in Liffey Valley today and went a bit mad in Boots!

L'oreal Paris Nude Magic BB Cream Can't praise this enough! I havent been wearing foundation lately due to the humid weather...it's too heavy and I get shiny and gross. Tried the BB cream in shop and my skin went from pre period UGH to glowing. Amazed! Buy one get one half price at the moment, so I went for it. I don't think I'll be buying more foundation...this stuff is amazing.

17 Gold Bronze Shimmer Brick I've been cautious of bronzer, particularly shimmer...but this one was absoloutely gorgeous. Tried it on this evening and I absoloutely love it. Truly impressed with 17 products!

17 Blush in First Kiss Extremely natural looking...again, very pleased and will definitely be repurchasing.

17 Miracle Matt Pressed Powder It seems ok so far, only time will tell, I guess!

I also got a free Festval Kit from 17 for spending over a certain amount on 17 products...I don't know how long that offer lasts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Maybelline BB Cream in light

Tesco souffle in soft linen

No7 protect and perfect serum

Maybelline blush mouuse in pink frosting - ebay

Beauty Uk Multi eyeshadow

Miss sporty liquid eyeliner in black

Mua lipstick in pink

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Got Bio Oil in Penneys the other day - real like it so far.

Got a Catrice primer in Penneys - haven't used it yet.

I got a Porefessional free with Glamour and really like the way it makes my makeup stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

anniehoo, were both RT brush sets the same price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

spent some birthday moolah on holidays the other week (don't own any images)

MAC Well Dressed Blush - heard great things, only worn it once so I haven't got an opinion other than it's a pretty colour :)

1678777.JPG

KIKO Cosmetics Haul: (layout of the shop was amazing, there was an outlet 10 minutes from where we were staying :D )

Mat Fluid - AMAZING, best moisturiser I've ever tried. I have oily/combination skin and this hasn't caused any further outbreaks... Smells exactly like a MAC moisturiser I got a sample of... wish I had bought more as the nearest shop is London :(

N_1_P_KSCMATFLUID_Mat-Fluid.jpg?mime=image%2Fjpeg&realname=N_1_P_KSCMATFLUID_Mat-Fluid.jpg

Scrub & Peel wipes - now a convert to exfoliating wipes

N_1_KS0200101700000_scrub.jpg?mime=image%2Fjpeg&realname=N_1_KS0200101700000_scrub

Automated Precision Eyeliner & Khol in 713 - as good as UD 24/7 pencil but cost less than 6 euro (top in the picture, slightly darker in real life)

kohl%252520KIKO%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Highly Pigmented Eyeshadow in 173 and 131 - swatched really nicely, haven't worn them yet, but reviews say they're as good as MAC/UD but only cost about 4-5 euro

Kiko%20Eyeshadow%20173%20grigio%20acciaio_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

kiko+eyeshadow+131+caff%25C3%25A8+satinato.jpg

Full Coverage Concealer in 01 - supposedly a dupe for BB Corrector, cost 10 euro, better IMO than Erase Paste (lighter, less pastey consistency), packaging looks and feel much more expensive than it actually is

6640820097_29f8c3b069_z.jpg

Resisted the hundreds of 2 euro nail polishes :( only bought a base/top coat

Novella wrote: »
    anniehoo, were both RT brush sets the same price?
    Yep! €25.70 each ;)

/im so hungover, my eyes are halfway down my face this mornin!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I had an unintentional binge in boots yesterday oops. I went in for an eye liner marker got a loreal one and it was buy one get one half price so I got a nail varnish in perla de jade half price :) but the they had nip and fab stuff reduced i got tummy fix bust fix and cellulite fix for about thirty seven euro. I am banning myself from boots now !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

bought max factor pan stick in fair - great to have in your bag for top ups on your make up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I got the new garner bb cream for oily combination skin....and I'm in love. Really lovely coverage, light matte and perfect for my pale skin tone. This is going to become an everyday wear for me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lizerb23

inglot bronzer,, AMAZING, ONLY 20 EURO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

Urban-Decay-Holiday-Beauty-Sustainable-Shadow-Box.jpg

I picked this up on Monday, the colours are lovely but way too glittery.
    great for a night out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Eviledna wrote: »
    I got the new garner bb cream for oily combination skin....and I'm in love. Really lovely coverage, light matte and perfect for my pale skin tone. This is going to become an everyday wear for me!:D

I've never used a bb cream or tinted moisturiser. Is the coverage of this like really light foundation? Does it stay matte for long through the day?

kandr10 wrote: »
    I've never used a bb cream or tinted moisturiser. Is the coverage of this like really light foundation? Does it stay matte for long through the day?
    I use the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser and the coverage is very light, you can build it up, but risk getting that 'caked' look.

This is the one I use, I got it in the U.K and don't know much it is in Ireland, probably about €40 euros, the same price as the BB foundations.

http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/2338/15932/Makeup/Face/Tinted-Moisturisers/SPF-15-Tinted-Moisturizer-Oil-Free/Award-Winner/index.tmpl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I use the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser and the coverage is very light, you can build it up, but risk getting that 'caked' look.

This is the one I use, I got it in the U.K and don't know much it is in Ireland, probably about €40 euros, the same price as the BB foundations.

http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/2338/15932/Makeup/Face/Tinted-Moisturisers/SPF-15-Tinted-Moisturizer-Oil-Free/Award-Winner/index.tmpl

I use Skin79 bb cream (korean brand I order online) and I can put layer after layer on and it won't cake, it's so good that in the evening if my makeup's come off I can actually put it on over a powdered made up face and it refreshes it without any weirdness, the only product I've ever discovered that can do this!

I got a few lovely bits from beauty emporium as I won a comp!

Loving Sleek pout polish in powder pink, has an spf15 too which is fab! Want more now!
    Sleek-Makeup-Pout-Nail-Polish-PowderPink-Dewdesire-500x500.png

Also got China Glaze in Sweet Hook (photo from daily cookie)
    China-Glaze_Sweet-Hook.jpg

Also got an EOS egg lipbalm, been coveting one for ages! It's medicated and tangerine flavoured so helps with cracked lips and cold sores!
    300.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Love the eos lipbalms!!

I was in town looking for a present for my mum's birthday, and I got a set of mini Benefit skincare for her. It was only 12 euro in Clerys, which I think was an awesome price because you get quite a bit! This is what I got her. It's odd that it's dearer on ASOS :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ My mum actually bought me some of the full-size products from that range for my birthday last year and they were really nice so great present. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ooh that's good! Hopefully she likes them now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Miss_Theresa

My new buy is the Lancome hynose mascara, I got two for €35.50 in Debenhams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Bad weather induced sadness has lead me to several mini-splurges in the last two weeks :o

img0316nv.jpg
    Palmers cocoa butter formula hand cream and lip balm. I buy the hand cream religiously but this is the first time I've tried the lip balm. So far I'm impressed, lovely and moisturising without the odd scent of the hand cream.

img0319gn.jpg
    Good Things bright eyes eye cream from Boots. I usually use the Soap&Glory eye gel or the basic No7 cream for my eyes as I'm prone to the panda look. Using this for nearly 2 weeks now and I like it so much I think I'll buy it again. I had never seen the Good Things section in the skincare aisle before but I might try some more things, the scrub gets good reviews online.

img0320oy.jpg
    The new Garnier BB cream for oily/combo skin in light. I actually picked this up in Tesco, it was 6€ cheaper than Boots. I hated the original Garnier BB cream but really liking this one so far. No yellowing etc but I'll still probably only use it for more casual days in work. Quite matte initially imo.

img0321dp.jpg
    No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser. I've used it at least 5/6 times now. I love the application and having a nice relax while I wait for the hotness to fade but the muslin cloth is really miserable! Had a few paranoid 'how huge is my face?!' moments :o Picked up some muslins in Tesco cheap enough and they're much better. My skin feels really great afterwards too. I'm tempted to try the Liz Earle version when this is gone though.

^^^I am pretty sure that the "Good times" eye cream is one of the free gifts with this month's Glamour. I think I'll get it after reading your review:) I think the scrub is another one and the moisturiser another, 4 altogether I think, not sure of the last one!

Been using No.7 hot cloth cleanser since last weekend now and think it's starting to dry out the skin/area around my nose :( I also have a few spots, which I didn't have before :(

Will continue using it for a while more and see, really hope it's not the cleanser cos I love it, it's fab, takes all my make up, even mascara.

I didn't use the muslin cloth that came with it though, tried it on my hand and thought it was rough and scratchy, so I use a soft face cloth instead.

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser. I've used it at least 5/6 times now. I love the application and having a nice relax while I wait for the hotness to fade but the muslin cloth is really miserable!
    I'm not mad on this at all....but im a very lazy "cleanser". I agree the actual muslin is pathetic...its so tiny.
    it's fab, takes all my make up, even mascara.
    I found the opposite tbh. Ive only used it twice in fairness since last weekend, but both times i had to use an eye makeup remover afterwards.I just dont have the patience, everything (incl teeth brushing :p) is done in the shower. Again, im so lazy though, its facial wash (gel not cream of any type) all the way for me.

lindtee wrote: »
    ^^^I am pretty sure that the "Good times" eye cream is one of the free gifts with this month's Glamour. I think I'll get it after reading your review:) I think the scrub is another one and the moisturiser another, 4 altogether I think, not sure of the last one!

:o:oPicked up Glamour with the free eye cream and it was only when i got home that I saw that it wasn't the same but a "Balance Me" eye cream. Going to check out reviews on that now. I don't have an eye cream at the moment so hopfully it is good:o Hope my last post didn't confuse anyone.
    Edit - https://www.balanceme.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 dazzledust88

lindtee wrote: »
    :o:oPicked up Glamour with the free eye cream and it was only when i got home that I saw that it wasn't the same but a "Balance Me" eye cream. Going to check out reviews on that now. I don't have an eye cream at the moment so hopfully it is good:o Hope my last post didn't confuse anyone.
    Edit - https://www.balanceme.co.uk/

I got 3 out of the 4 :o will see how it goes

Advertisement