Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I accidentally got great bargains today :D Dropped into a chemist on way home. I was after essence polishes and they didnt have them but they had a shelf of 75% off products yay!

I got mama mio see no scars i'd been looking at on a website and didnt get it as it was expensive and today I got it for 7.50 (I've some scars on my arm from losing a fight with a tree that I want to heal), I also got a clarins facial tanner for 7.50 nice!

best of all they had a trilogy gradual tanner I asked the price and the girl said they only had one as it was meant to be a tester (it was full size and it was unused) so she gave it to me for free! :D

so fifteen euro three products worth over 60 euro happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I accidentally got great bargains today :D Dropped into a chemist on way home. I was after essence polishes and they didnt have them but they had a shelf of 75% off products yay!

I got mama mio see no scars i'd been looking at on a website and didnt get it as it was expensive and today I got it for 7.50 (I've some scars on my arm from losing a fight with a tree that I want to heal), I also got a clarins facial tanner for 7.50 nice!

best of all they had a trilogy gradual tanner I asked the price and the girl said they only had one as it was meant to be a tester (it was full size and it was unused) so she gave it to me for free! :D

What chemist was it??? I'm dying to try the mamma mio but it's too expensive!!

court pharmacy on Kill I cant remember if they had any other mama mio stuff but if your nearby its worth dropping in for a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Got a few bourjois things recently, 3 for 2 and free sunglasses
    Bourjois+Healthy+Balance+Unifying+Powder+Review.jpg
    123-PERFECT_FOUNDATION.jpg
    rose_coup_de_foudre_16_bj_fiche_produit_grande.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

^^^Gingernut, did you get a chance to try the bourjois products yet? I'm liking the sound of the foundation (and 3 for 2 and free sunglasses!)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I got some Lancome samples from a friend recently and one of them was this, an anti-aging serum:

lancome_genifique_dna-anti-aging-skin-care-products.jpg
    Now I'm only 21 and I don't really need it but I am amazed by how much my skin has changed since I've started using it. I don't even need to use a foundation anymore, it has made my skin more even coloured and glowing and soft. I love it! I'm not looking forward to running out as it's €100 for a tiny 50 ml bottle. :eek: It's definitely the best skin care product I've ever tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

suomi wrote: »
    I got some Lancome samples from a friend recently and one of them was this, an anti-aging serum:

lancome_genifique_dna-anti-aging-skin-care-products.jpg
    Now I'm only 21 and I don't really need it but I am amazed by how much my skin has changed since I've started using it. I don't even need to use a foundation anymore, it has made my skin more even coloured and glowing and soft. I love it! I'm not looking forward to running out as it's €100 for a tiny 50 ml bottle. :eek: It's definitely the best skin care product I've ever tried.

Oooh, I really want this!! My skin is combination so I'm apprehensive about buying it in case it's a disaster.

OP, what's your skin type? Hope you don't mind me asking.:o

I spotted the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey in Boots for €8.50. They're its version of the Clinique Chubby Sticks. Really like it!! Lovely natural colour; wearable for the day and load on the gloss at night. Shame there was a crap choice of colours..would definitely buy another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Would you mind posting here and letting us know how you get on with the no scars cream? I have a large scar on my knee (from a gash that was stitched) and a large wound on my lower leg (from fracture blisters) is in the process of healing into a very large scar the whole way around my leg and I'm looking for something that might help lessen the appearance of the scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

RosyLily wrote: »
    Oooh, I really want this!! My skin is combination so I'm apprehensive about buying it in case it's a disaster.

OP, what's your skin type? Hope you don't mind me asking.:o

I have dry, sensitive skin and if I put on too much of it it makes my skin feel a little tight for a few minutes afterwards but that's all. I've heard that it causes some people to get spots but I'd imagine that's only a problem if you have sensitive skin, and I haven't gotten any spots or anything so I suppose it depends on the person. Actually, my skin hasn't been this clear in ages! So if you have a chance to try it, I'd definitely give it a go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ooh are the Revlon Just Bitten balms available here already? They've only came out in the States recently and I assumed it'd be ages before they'd be out here (like how it was with the lip butters). Really want to try some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

watch?v=IBJEl_YHoiw

So glad I finally have this mascara! :)

773536.jpg

I have really fine, long, straight hair so I try out any volumising product I can get my hands on. Will report back on how I find this.

soap-glory-face-soap-clarity-3-in-1-daily-detox-facial-wash.jpg

My first Soap and Glory skincare product.

I don't think the offer is on anymore and my boyfriend sat and broke the sunglasses so not a happy bunny!!
    I quite like this foundation, its a bit of a fuller coverage and sets but I really like it, i wish I had got 2 (and the powder). I got a lot of compliments in work today when u wore it
    lindtee wrote: »
    ^^^Gingernut, did you get a chance to try the bourjois products yet? I'm liking the sound of the foundation (and 3 for 2 and free sunglasses!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I finally picked up a Revlon Lip Butter, half price and all! I got the Candy Apple red shade, very nice! Don't find it lasts terribly well, but still happy with it.

revlon-lip-butter-candy-apple.jpg?w=640&h=420

Twee. wrote: »
    I finally picked up a Revlon Lip Butter, half price and all! I got the Candy Apple red shade, very nice! Don't find it lasts terribly well, but still happy with it.

revlon-lip-butter-candy-apple.jpg?w=640&h=420

where did you get that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It was in the chemist in Palmerstown (Dublin), down by Aldi. The sign for half price was part of the Revlon stand so other chemists might be doing the offer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Ooh are the Revlon Just Bitten balms available here already? They've only came out in the States recently and I assumed it'd be ages before they'd be out here (like how it was with the lip butters). Really want to try some of them.

I thought it'd be ages until they're out here too but I was delighted when I spotted them. They've got some really nice shades...just wish my Boots would stock all of them!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Revlon lip butters are 4 euro off in Marlay pharmacy and are now 7 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

LOreal-Color-Infallible-Eyeshadow-Spring-2011-3.jpg

So sparkly - Love it!

IMG_1903.jpg

Not as impressed as I was with the VIP Gold so will probably repurchase that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Have to have an absolute rave about Soap and Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It.

scrubyournose_nsg.jpg

I have had these two spot scars - like two raised red lumps - on my face for months and absolutely nothing would shift them. I tried all kinds of face scrubs, moisturisers, even bio oil. After three washes with the Soap and Glory stuff they started to fade, and then I put some on as a face mask and they're practically non-existent now. Cannot get over it. I think it's about €9 so a little expensive for a facial scrub but I actually got it free in the Boots 3 for 2, so not so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

20260622 wrote: »
    LOreal-Color-Infallible-Eyeshadow-Spring-2011-3.jpg

So sparkly - Love it!

IMG_1903.jpg

Not as impressed as I was with the VIP Gold so will probably repurchase that one

Oh wow I always get excited when I see another Skin79 fan, I really want to try the orange but heard it's a little hard to blend, can you give me a little more info? I wear the gold all the time but also love the pink! If you get bored will happily buy it off you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Oh wow I always get excited when I see another Skin79 fan, I really want to try the orange but heard it's a little hard to blend, can you give me a little more info? I wear the gold all the time but also love the pink! If you get bored will happily buy it off you:)

It's you who introduced me to them SmokeyEyes. I got the VIP Gold on your recommendation from the Ebay seller you suggested :D Thanks ;)

Yes it is difficult to blend and the coverage isn't enough for me (fine if you have clear skin) so I will be buying the VIP Gold again this week. Less is definitely more with it too.
    I'm going to give it another week or so and if it definitely isn't for me I'll give you a shout and pass it on to you ;)

Is the coverage with the Pink one as good as the Gold? I'd like to try it but I don't want to waste my money if the coverage is poor.
    I got a sample of the Pearl :confused: one I think it is, it has glittery bits in it, nice for a night out but definitely not everyday wear and it made my face quite oily and I don't have oily skin.

20260622 wrote: »
    It's you who introduced me to them SmokeyEyes. I got the VIP Gold on your recommendation from the Ebay seller you suggested :D Thanks ;)

Yes it is difficult to blend and the coverage isn't enough for me (fine if you have clear skin) so I will be buying the VIP Gold again this week. Less is definitely more with it too.
    I'm going to give it another week or so and if it definitely isn't for me I'll give you a shout and pass it on to you ;)

Is the coverage with the Pink one as good as the Gold? I'd like to try it but I don't want to waste my money if the coverage is poor.
    I got a sample of the Pearl :confused: one I think it is, it has glittery bits in it, nice for a night out but definitely not everyday wear and it made my face quite oily and I don't have oily skin.

Ah delighted you like it so:D:D

The pink is brilliant, it's slightly darker than the gold, but I can still happily wear it! The pink would be the same level of coverage as the gold which as you know is reasonably light but can be layered up a bit which is good or I mix it with foundation if I need a bit more! The pink is also less wet than the gold and dries to a more matte finish without being too dry! Well worth a look!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

How light is the gold SmokeyEyes? It seemed quite light from the pix I've seen, but I am super pale :/ I think it'll most likely be fine, but just worrying a bit now!

How light is the gold SmokeyEyes? It seemed quite light from the pix I've seen, but I am super pale :/ I think it'll most likely be fine, but just worrying a bit now!

It's light but there was a girl who ordered it and said it was actually too dark. I'm pale and it's fine with me but you know yourself, it's hard to judge every skin tone! If you're unsure, EBay sellers (I can tell you mine) sell smaller versions but under a tenner so you're not wasting too much money if it doesn't work out! And it's the one I always use so if you don't like it, get in touch!

For comparison, gold is lighter and neutral in tone whereas pink is a touch darker, goes on much more grey and then oxidises to match:)

LOVE Benefit's They're Real, such a good mascara!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Does anyone know of a good home highlighting kit?

I have naturally medium-dark brown hair that I just want a few golden/caramel/dark blonde highlights in, quite natural looking, just to brighten up my whole hair and lighten it a bit.. But I can't afford the hairdressers :(

Bought MAC Mineralize Skinfinish tonight before work. So excited to do my make up tomorrow! :pac:

Smokey eyes you also converted me to Skin 79 thank you!

I got a mini set on ebay - I use the dark pink and light pink tubes as they are a little darker, found the others too pale for me.

Will buy myself a big bottle of one of the pink ones when I run out. I apply this under my make up or under by garnier bB cream and it makes a big difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Smokey eyes you also converted me to Skin 79 thank you!

I got a mini set on ebay - I use the dark pink and light pink tubes as they are a little darker, found the others too pale for me.

Will buy myself a big bottle of one of the pink ones when I run out. I apply this under my make up or under by garnier bB cream and it makes a big difference

What seller did you get the mini set from? Want to try them myself:)

Advertisement