Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Smokey eyes you also converted me to Skin 79 thank you!

I got a mini set on ebay - I use the dark pink and light pink tubes as they are a little darker, found the others too pale for me.

Will buy myself a big bottle of one of the pink ones when I run out. I apply this under my make up or under by garnier bB cream and it makes a big difference

Aww delighted! You always worry recommending products but seriously I love this so think it's well worth every girl trying it out! I'm actually gonna order some of the mini sets for a competition next month, want more people to start trying it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Aww delighted! You always worry recommending products but seriously I love this so think it's well worth every girl trying it out! I'm actually gonna order some of the mini sets for a competition next month, want more people to start trying it:)

You should be earning commission!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Good Things Bright Eyes cream - mentioned this a few weeks ago. Not impressed. I found it really heavy after a few days continuous use so I've gone back to my old faithful Boots cucumber eye gel, nice and zingy!

Smokey eyes you also converted me to Skin 79 thank you!

I got a mini set on ebay - I use the dark pink and light pink tubes as they are a little darker, found the others too pale for me.

Will buy myself a big bottle of one of the pink ones when I run out. I apply this under my make up or under by garnier bB cream and it makes a big difference
    lizt wrote: »
    You should be earning commission!!

Genuinely considering becoming an affiliate and selling them online over here, have emailed Skin79 and all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in 'Mistress', love it. You can wear it fairly thin & sheer as in the image below or really, really bright.

Lips-intenselipgloss-mistress-swatch.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 beautifulgirl

i bought the eye cream,but it seems not available. :(

Got the Playboy perfume in Pennys for under a fiver, it's a decent size bottle, lovely scent and for that price, bar the cringeworthy brand, you can't go wrong!

Playboy__Play_it_SPICY-1.jpg

Also trying out loads of Revlon's goodies and falling hard for the primer, lip butters, lip stains and mousse foundation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Picked up an Urban Decay new Naked foundation sample today - free for 2 weeks (Debenhams, Henry St).

Urban-Decay-Naked-Skin-Foundation-review.jpg

Looking forward to giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

^^Interesting, going to check out the Debenhams in Cork to see if they have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

givenchy very irresistable perfume spray 75 ml

nina ricci les belles de ricci in liberty fizz 50 ml

and womanity by theirry mulgier 80 ml

all from ebay at great prices won them in the bidding wars!(or shills seller bumping up bids, cant tell really)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

lindtee wrote: »
    ^^Interesting, going to check out the Debenhams in Cork to see if they have it.

Girl mentioned the samples had arrived in early, as they weren't supposed to start the promotion until August 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Saorenza wrote: »
    What seller did you get the mini set from? Want to try them myself:)
    I got them on eBay the skin 79 is very inexpensive! I jut searched for it and picked a seller with good feedback that delivers to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Today I was in Sally's and spotted this on the shelves:

tangle-teezer-purple.jpg

I had heard of it and read some review somewhere in the interwebs, and for $10 I bought it. I have had short(ish) hair for some years, but now that I'm trying to grow it out long I am remembering the tangles that come with it... Anyway, thought I'd try this because I hate the pain that comes with brushing them out. I've only tried it on dry hair so far, but I really like how it feels and that it's fairly effortless.. Also it makes my hair look really nice afterwards, kind of soft and shiny.

Edit: Oh, also meant to add that I remember reading somewhere that it's also good for teasing hair without a teasing brush.. Just kind of swirl it around I think.. I tried that and it did add a little volume to my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I got them on eBay the skin 79 is very inexpensive! I jut searched for it and picked a seller with good feedback that delivers to Ireland

SmokeyEyes recommended a seller and I got a mini set. Looking forward to them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Got the new Rimmel foundation, wake me up i think its called, was in a rush and forgot my makeup bag, bought this in a hurry ! was impressed ! the texture and finish is really nice, but i'm not mad on the colour, i'm quite pale but was on holidays so slight tan, ivory was nice but a lil too pink ! my skin naturally has a warm tint but still pale !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I treated myself to an early birthday gift to myself! I bought the Rouge in Love lipstick from Lancome in 'Midnight Rose' (a bright fuschia). I love it! It says it's a 6 hour wear lipstick, and I'm always very dubious of those sort of claims, but I put it on before I left for work, and 4 hours later it was still there, albeit slightly faded, but that's better than I was expecting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I got the sleek contour kit in light- I've wanted to try this for ages, I don't know if I'm really that into contouring but maybe with a bit more practice I'll see better results.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS5hfv0fgwAPKeSWWO30hMrBV7PFjaqE_av5RuMnCX7YyU_bK5

I also got Gosh classic primer, I've been using Rimmel primer but fancy a change now.

default.jpg

Lastly I picked up a sample of Garnier BB cream, I had a sample of the Maybeline one last week and didn't like it at the start but really liked it by the end of the sample! I don't think I'll buy any BB cream at the price they are though!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I stumbled across a Revlon stand where everything was half price. Got three lip butters for 16 euro. Delighted!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I stumbled across a Revlon stand where everything was half price. Got three lip butters for 16 euro. Delighted!

Where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

ViveLaVie wrote: »

Ooooh, I've spet more than I care to remember this month so I shouldn't ask but I will. Where did you see this!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Sunday Independent magazine beauty column mentioned that there was reductions on all Revlon stands. Any pharmacy then with Revlon should have the offer! I got a half price lip butter in my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Twee. wrote: »
    The Sunday Independent magazine beauty column mentioned that there was reductions on all Revlon stands. Any pharmacy then with Revlon should have the offer! I got a half price lip butter in my local.

I'm in need of more foundation...must get myself into Boots asap it seems!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Did they say how long the reductions would be on for? I'm running out of my Colorstay foundation, might buy two if it's on sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Lost my makeup bag on a night out recently, and guess what? ALL my recently bought items were in it. And my favourites. So pissed :(
    It had my stippling brush, bronzer, blush, highlight, foundation and YSL eyeliner.
    I still haven't gotten over it ..
    I managed to come home with my urban decay naked palette .. at least that's something?
    So not bringing makeuo out with me anymore (if I had any, that is!).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ilyana wrote: »
    Did they say how long the reductions would be on for? I'm running out of my Colorstay foundation, might buy two if it's on sale :)

Eeep I've just re-read it there and the reduction is only on lip butters, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

To everyone wondering (not sure how to multi-quote on my phone) I got the half price lip butters in Sam McCauley Pharmacy in Mahon Point Cork. Everything was half price cos the pharmacy is getting rid of the stand. A lot was gone but there were a good few foundations and a few random other items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Eeep I've just re-read it there and the reduction is only on lip butters, sorry!

Not to worry, I'll still need to buy the foundation anyway :)

This wasn't actually a recent purchase but I've just started using it more regularly and I want to gush about it...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7tRPBRI87je-SNqGz9Cepcmsi7vdmL1Ufqa7kaocg5Qylw1DLNKSaPJdy

I have brown eyes and these shadows suit me so well. The pink and taupe colours are lovely as everyday eyeshadows, but I also often use the dark brown liner shadow on its own. The dark shadow is great for shading my brows as well. It's gotten me plenty of compliments as it brings out my eyes nicely.

I don't use the concealer, purely because I tend to forget to put it under my eyes!

It stays put, even through 8 sweaty hours at work - far more so than my liquid liner. And I've had the palette for about a year and it's nowhere near finished.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Was it expensive? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Bought the Lollipop lip butter for full price in Boots today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Where in dublin CC has them on offer and what price? Also, are they even any good? Dying to try some! :)

Also dying to try the dupe of clinique's chubby stick, forget who makes it :o (is it revlon too?).. Any reviews on that?

Advertisement