Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Was it expensive? :)

I presume you were talking to me :)

I bought it in England and I *think* it was about £17, but I bought a few bits altogether so I can't remember, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

I got the maybelline colour tattoo eye shadow creme- the bronze one its really nice. Unlike other cremes it doesnt tend to crease or fade I have found. You get loads too so its worth the money it will last me ages.

I also have been using pulp friction by soap and glory it was in a kit a friend got me as a present and Ive only got round to using it and its fantastic leaves my legs like silk and its amazing for removing the last bits of faded fake tan too. Ive even found the look of the skin on my legs is so much better than it was before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I saw this in TJ Maxx, an absolute steal for $10! I've been wanting to try Korres products for awhile after hearing good things. So far I've tried out the Pomegranate and the Jasmine glazes.. I'm impressed. I'm very particular about gloss-type things and I didn't find these sticky or horrible tasting at all.

korres-line-smoothing-lip-butter-glaze-trio.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

[QUOI saw this in TJ Maxx, an absolute steal for $10! I've been wanting to try Korres products for awhile after hearing good things. So far I've tried out the Pomegranate and the Jasmine glazes.. I'm impressed. I'm very particular about gloss-type things and I didn't find these sticky or horrible tasting at all.

TE][/QUOTE]

I bought one of their perfumes on holidays last Summer in Crete, it didnt have a name, just a list of the different florals and extracts in it. It was one of the nicest perfumes I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

IMAG0063.jpg

Haul from the last two days.
    Garnier BB cream in light (where has this stuff been all my life, amazing!)
    Finally found an Essence Snow White stand so picked up Sneezy, Bashful and Happy and the Huntsman topper.
    Rimmel Lasting Finish blush in Summer Fever.
    Natural Collection eyeshadow in Willow and Mink/Sable.
    W7 Big Lash Mascara that came with free liner.
    W7 contoured eye brush.
    And a very bright pink lipstick that I picked up at the checkout in Penneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I was reading through some make up blogs and came across one where the MUA undressed palette was compared to Urban Decay's Naked palette.

I've wanted that palette for ages but I'm not willing to spend that much on makeup since I discovered sleek palettes. I got it in superdrug for £4 today- It's not a perfect dupe but it'll do and I don't have to feel guilty for buying even more make up :-)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU2b5GsciGDeW_M3v3XZa96_ZFScUFamIYuw5g4npmUS_h-_ewsg

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Got paid yesterday so I decided to treat myself to a few bits I needed :)

Got the new YSL Touche Eclat foundation in Beige Doré 30, I was unsure about it because it was 38 euro and she was describing it as not having as much coverage as other's I've used, she gave me a tester to try first so I could return it if I wanted to. I tried it for the first time today, a few people commented on how natural my skin looked and my sister said "you dont look as caked as you do normally" so that has to be good :) Think I'm gonna keep it.

Bought one of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stains, I got it in Cherish Devotion, its a lovely pink colour, not OTT.

Needed a new moisturiser, my Granny has been swearing by Ponds for years, I got the Hydronourishing one. It's really good, my skin is softer already, after only using it last night and this morning.

I got a tester of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Bone (17) the other day. I quite like it; it doesn't feel as caked as my Revlon Colorstay but still provides good coverage. I like the shade too - I think I'll make the investment when the tester runs out :)

1G5Y_311x311.png

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Got a small tester tube of Lancome Hypnose mascara and my god its amazing! Adds lots of length and volume.

Got Maybelline Dream Terra Sun bronzer the other day in 'Golden', I thought it was pretty crap, but willing to give it another go next time I have tan on, maybe mix it with a little translucent powder as it was a little bit orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Moroccan-Oil-100-ml.jpg
    8019_317318958361927_1558441905_n.jpg

Random Birthday present from my brother...he did well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Bought a MAC blush today in the shade "Peaches". Can't wait to try it out! E21.50 in BTs.

mac-peaches.jpg?w=535

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

IMAG0070.jpg

I promise I will not spend any more money on nail varnish this month. Maybe ;)

Three Essence Fruity polishes (can't see any specific names on these),
    Essence white pen,
    And a Kiss nail art set. All for about €16 in Dunnes. Expect nail art pics soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I can't get essence anywhere here in the UK so next time I'm home I'm going to raid the stand in dunnes!!!! I want to try their skincare range too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I had 6 eye shadow pots to bring back to MAC for their recycling program and I picked this lipstick shade out in Russian Red. It's gorgeous!

6a00d83451595d69e20128765cd740970c-800wi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

ICANN wrote: »
    I can't get essence anywhere here in the UK so next time I'm home I'm going to raid the stand in dunnes!!!! I want to try their skincare range too.
    Cheaper in pennys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

Smokey eyes you also converted me to Skin 79 thank you!

I got a mini set on ebay - I use the dark pink and light pink tubes as they are a little darker, found the others too pale for me.

Will buy myself a big bottle of one of the pink ones when I run out. I apply this under my make up or under by garnier bB cream and it makes a big difference

could you pm me details of seller? thanks )

I've just ordered this, and I am disproportionately excited to get it and try it out!

Urban+Decay+Naked+Palette.jpg

40.50 from Debenhams.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Few bits I've bought!

Revlon primer, got one in to review and instantly fell in love with it so had to get another in case it runs out, amazing for pores!!!!
    P_Primer_PhotoReady_Perfecting.ashx

Also got in some lip butters and just bittens so picked a few more up in Boots:
    DSCN8427-400x300.jpg

Old reliable just ordered off ebay
    skin79_gold.PNG

New (hopefully reliable) I just ordered off Ebay, Want to try this cause it offers different shades so trying the lightest!
    Missha+M+Signature+Real+Complete+BB+Cream+50ml.png

Also order Colourstay in lightest shade for dry skin cause I like to mix in foundations with my bb cream
    click4beauty.net-revlon-l_309975410013-30.jpg

Also picked up some great free scents after recommendations from other boardsies!

Got Essence Walk in a Summer Rain and Next Just pink (wrapped in love) which is even nicer than the normal Just Pink but can't find a pic of it yet!
    summer_rain_art.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

SmokeyEyes, I hope you don't mind me asking but I noticed that it says "Whitening" on that BB cream, do you think it really is whitening? I'd love to try it but I'm not very pale so I definitely wouldn't need it to be whitening. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Skin79 Gold BB cream is the best thing ever! Seriously, I am in love!!! Only need a little bit to cover my whole face and it feels so lovely and light on :3

• Advertisement

suomi wrote: »
    SmokeyEyes, I hope you don't mind me asking but I noticed that it says "Whitening" on that BB cream, do you think it really is whitening? I'd love to try it but I'm not very pale so I definitely wouldn't need it to be whitening. :p

I'm pale too, haven't found is makes me whiter at all although you're right the Asian BB Creams often have ingredients for it! Think you're safe though I've been using mine for ages:)
    Seren_ wrote: »
    Skin79 Gold BB cream is the best thing ever! Seriously, I am in love!!! Only need a little bit to cover my whole face and it feels so lovely and light on :3

I know, it's the business, everything else flakes on my face apart from BB Cream! On holidays if we were heading out in evening I could apply more of it OVER my already made up face with powder and it wouldn't clump or look obvious in the slightest, just looked glowly and refreshed! Miracle stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Alainnbeauty I'm really sorry - I deleted my bought items from my eBay app and then realised of course that I don't know who I've bought from (yes I'm that dim sometimes!!)

I just searched eBay for skin79 though on the app and went for a good price with good feedback. Smokey eyes might be able to recommend you a seller

Alainnbeauty I'm really sorry - I deleted my bought items from my eBay app and then realised of course that I don't know who I've bought from (yes I'm that dim sometimes!!)

I just searched eBay for skin79 though on the app and went for a good price with good feedback. Smokey eyes might be able to recommend you a seller

ideaseller_kr is great:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

thanks girls just gona go buy it now , will report back on how i get on when i get it, i like my full coverage but will give this a try over all the raves its got :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anakola

Hi girls! I got a fantastic gift from my friend a couple of months ago. It's a fish collagen gel for face; after two months of using it my skin is smooth and delicate like silk, colour is even and I feel that it's perfectly moisturised :) I'm so fascinated I just had to share. I'm afraid you can't buy it in shops though...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Got my mini sample set of the Skin79 BB creams this morning. Put one on and my mam told me my skin looked amazing! It really looks like I have no makeup on and that I just have great skin! They really are awesome. I bought off Ideaseller-kr on SmokeyEyes' advice and I'd say it only took a week to arrive from Korea. Well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I tried the Gold Skin 79 BB cream and didn't like it at all :( It just didn't seem to absorb properly and then went all flakey:( Maybe I got a dud as everyone seems to rave about it or maybe it isn't suitable for my skin.

Had €40 in Debenhams vouchers from the Living social (or whatever voucher site!) deals and was going to get the new Urban decay foundation but then I saw that Clarins had a promotion on so I got Everlasting foundation and Instant smooth primer instead. Have used the primer before and found it good and tried a sample of the foundation last year and it was nice on.
    hwthumb.asp?f=0_4_6_3_1042987.JPG&w=200&h=200131658.jpg
    One of the free gifts in the set I chose was 15ml of the Hydraquench serum, 30ml would set you back €53.89 on debenhams.ie so to get it as a freebie is good. The other things in the set I got (there was a choice of 4) were hydraquench cream(15ml) Foot Beauty Cream (30ml) and Instant light Lip perfector in a nice(ish) bag!

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Got my mini sample set of the Skin79 BB creams this morning. Put one on and my mam told me my skin looked amazing! It really looks like I have no makeup on and that I just have great skin! They really are awesome. I bought off Ideaseller-kr on SmokeyEyes' advice and I'd say it only took a week to arrive from Korea. Well worth it!

Yeay another convert:) :)
    lindtee wrote: »
    I tried the Gold Skin 79 BB cream and didn't like it at all :( It just didn't seem to absorb properly and then went all flakey:( Maybe I got a dud as everyone seems to rave about it or maybe it isn't suitable for my skin.

Had €40 in Debenhams vouchers from the Living social (or whatever voucher site!) deals and was going to get the new Urban decay foundation but then I saw that Clarins had a promotion on so I got Everlasting foundation and Instant smooth primer instead. Have used the primer before and found it good and tried a sample of the foundation last year and it was nice on.
    hwthumb.asp?f=0_4_6_3_1042987.JPG&w=200&h=200131658.jpg
    One of the free gifts in the set I chose was 15ml of the Hydraquench serum, 30ml would set you back €53.89 on debenhams.ie so to get it as a freebie is good. The other things in the set I got (there was a choice of 4) were hydraquench cream(15ml) Foot Beauty Cream (30ml) and Instant light Lip perfector in a nice(ish) bag!

Weird my skin gets flakey and dry and this is the only thing that doesn't make it worse:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Charles Worthington shampoos and conditioners are two for €8 in Boots at the moment. Have always found them to be very good quality. I picked up a clarifying shampoo and conditioner from the Front Row "Prep" range, felt my hair needs a good aul scrub! Looking forward to washing my hair tomorrow, how sad is that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Twee. wrote: »
    Charles Worthington shampoos and conditioners are two for €8 in Boots at the moment. Have always found them to be very good quality. I picked up a clarifying shampoo and conditioner from the Front Row "Prep" range, felt my hair needs a good aul scrub! Looking forward to washing my hair tomorrow, how sad is that :pac:

I can identify with that :). I like the nice fresh feeling when you've stripped all the silicones and product out and its back to basics.

I haven't used the conditioner, but the CW clarifying shampoo is quite good. My favourite clarifying shampoo remains the Pantene one though.

Advertisement